Soup & Pita

by Meghann on March 4, 2009

I think it hit me on my drive back from lunch that I am half way through Wednesday. Boy this weekend is flying by!! Which is fine by me, considering I have another great weekend planned!

Here’s what I’ve got on the agenda so far:

• Friday Night: Bike Ride, Dinner and Slumber Party with my Sister!
  • Saturday: My first Lake Swim in preparation for my upcoming Tri, Shopping with my Sister and Dinner with the Parents
  • Sunday: Tampa and Britney Spears concert!!

It is another busy weekend that will have me kicking myself in the butt on Monday, but hey we only live once. 🙂

Does anyone else have their weekends booked until June?

Speaking of only living once… I had packed my usual two Multi Grain Fig Newtons for a snack today and at the last minute decided three would be more satisfying so a third one made its way into the bag.

DSCN2447

I was right… wayyyy more satisfying. 🙂

Lunch consisted of my favorite combo ever…… Pita and Soup.

DSCN2450

I stuffed an Oat bran Pita with Avocado, Spinach, Tomato, and Cucumber then drizzled with some Annie’s Cucumber Yogurt Dressing. Yum!

DSCN2453

On the side I had a cup of left over Red Lentil & Peanut Butter Soup.

DSCN2456

I have to say, I think my favorite thing to freeze and reheat is soup. It’s such a great quick freezer pick.

Alright back to work. Happy Half-way through the week everyone!!

1 Marissa March 4, 2009 at 2:08 pm

I’m so jealous you’re going to a Britney concert!!

2 Emily March 4, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Sounds like you have a fantastic weekend planned! My roommate would DIE for those B.Spears tickets!

3 Run Saraaah March 4, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Great looking lunch. Good luck on your first lake swim. I love swimming in lakes, it’s so much more refreshing than the ocean for me. Hope it’s nice and warm for you!

4 brandi March 4, 2009 at 2:36 pm

fun weekend plans!

We’re going birthday gift shopping for my father-in-law and I’m excited about that. We’re getting him something really neat, so it should be fun 🙂

5 biz319 March 4, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Oh, I haven’t tried that Annie’s dressing yet! Is it very pricey where you live? Here its $5 a bottle!

Also, I thought of you because I wanted to volunteer for my towns 1/2 marathon which is in a couple weeks. It is actually the first “official” race in Chicagoland of the season.

So I called, left messages, emailed, only to get a curt response, “we have enough people.”

I’ll probably go and cheer people on anyway though!

6 VeggieGirl March 4, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Haha yes, I AM booked until June – I always plan out everything far in advance, and have a lot going on like you do 🙂

7 fitforfree March 4, 2009 at 2:50 pm

mmmm I want some of that soup!!
I’m jealous that you get to go home for lunch!

8 snackface March 4, 2009 at 2:51 pm

OMG YOU’RE SEEING BRIT BRIT!!!! Haha I am so jealous! Circus totally made me fall in love with her again. Your lunch looks perfect- I’m thinking I should pick up pitas soon. Oh, I forgot to say earlier, but thank you for commenting on my blog! I was like, “holy sh*- meghann’s famous and she’s actually reading my blog???” Haha, it made my morning for sure!

9 Jenny March 4, 2009 at 3:02 pm

BRITNEY BRITNEY!! We must compare pics and discuss when we both are finished 🙂

10 rhodeygirl March 4, 2009 at 3:06 pm

my weekends are booked through august 15th (except for 2 free weekends)!!!! it is soooo insane!

when did life turn into one big schedule book!?!?!

your lunch looks super yummy. i miss fig newtons!

11 Meg March 4, 2009 at 3:44 pm

I would have packed 3 fig newtons too!!

12 alessa March 4, 2009 at 3:56 pm

soup is on the menu for my lunch today too! this post answered my question about you practicing swimming. 🙂 i love spending time with my brothers on the weekends.. always so fun to be around siblings!

13 Bec March 4, 2009 at 4:14 pm

SO, jealous of your britney tickets!

14 Marianne March 4, 2009 at 4:30 pm

No booked weekends here! The only crazy time for me was around Christmas. And I’m totally okay with having little to do.

15 Adi (oatonomy.com) March 4, 2009 at 5:14 pm

I’m with you on the frozen soup. I think I have about 4 tubs worth in the freezer! Yummy.

16 bobbi March 4, 2009 at 5:20 pm

mmmm taht soup sounds good, its like 50 degrees here and you know us coast girls thats COLD!

17 kilax March 4, 2009 at 5:25 pm

We’re almost all booked. I just love a full schedule!

18 Sarah March 4, 2009 at 5:39 pm

Good choice on that third Newton. It’s no Girl Scout cookie, but it’ll do. I think my weekends are booked for the next 17 years.

19 Sarah March 4, 2009 at 6:56 pm

haha, i got home and checked my blog stats and saw an oddly high number of visits coming from you, and i thought, “that meghann must be eating my soup again!” sure enough :-D. glad you enjoy it.

you do have a busy weekend coming up! It’s always so hard to go back to real life after a packed weekend, but it will be worth it! i’m jealous that you have your family semi-close — and that you’re going to see brit!! have fun!

20 NAOmni March 4, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Mmm soup and pita…

21 marafaye March 4, 2009 at 10:10 pm

OMG i feel like I’m booked now through our wedding in November!!!

22 Shelby March 4, 2009 at 10:16 pm

I’M SO JEALOUS!!! I’ve always wanted to go to a Britney concert! Take me with you!!!

23 Hollie March 4, 2009 at 10:18 pm

I’m a “lurker”! I read your blog everyday(along with quite a few others) and just love it.

I know a while ago you mentioned you are going to the Britney concert Sunday and seeing you mention it again made me even more excited because.. I’m going too! This will be my second concert of hers.

Have fun!