more ยป" />

Come Back Weekend… Come back!!

by Meghann on March 1, 2009

Is the weekend really over?!?!?! I had too much fun this weekend, tell it to come back! I refuse to believe its over and just want to keep living each and every experience over and over again.

At least it has ended on a good note…

This afternoon it was so nice to meet up with some great fellow bloggers to celebrate the end of mine and Caitlin’s Tampa Adventure.

CIMG5868.JPG

From left to right:  Courtney, Me, Caitlin, Jenna, Maddy, Ashley, Ryan, and Jenna’s friend who had also ran the 5k the morning before.

Jenna was able to hook all 10 of us (there are a couple of male guests missing from the above picture) at the very cute and welcoming Datz Delicatessan.

CIMG5849.JPG

I fell in love with this place as soon as I walked inside. It had that great fun, local vibe that just shined through all of the decor and layout.

We had a bit of a wait when we arrived, but the staff was passing out free samples of Raspberry Danishes (I had just a bite) and some Hot Chocolate (which was actually cold chocolate)

CIMG5845.JPG

Upon being seated complimentary Monkey Bread was brought to our table. It was very funny to see the camera’s come flying as soon as it hit the table.

CIMG5851.JPG

I managed to stick with this single piece, though every urge in my body told me to go back to more.

CIMG5856.JPG

We were also provided with complimentary Sparkling Wine. Nothing like a little bubbly to bring a group of semi-strangers out of their shell. ๐Ÿ™‚

CIMG5861.JPG

Enjoying the free drinks.

CIMG5862.JPG

I was very excited when I first discovered the Datz menu online because it featured many great sandwiches including some veggie ones I was coveting. Sadly, all they had today was the Sunday Brunch menu which featured no Veggie Sammies, I even asked if they could make me one and they declined. ๐Ÿ™

For some reason I was not feeling any of the brunch items, but settled on the Lettuce Entertain You Salad: organic greens, smoked turkey breast, vermont cheddar cheese, blueberries, strawberries, strawberries, raspberries, cheery tomatoes, candied walnuts, with datz berry vinaigrette on the side.

CIMG5866.JPG

It was a HUGE, beautiful, colorful salad that I could barely eat half of. I can’t wait to finish it off for lunch tomorrow.

I also ordered a side of Potato Latke Fingers.. which are kind of like hashbrowns in stick form.

CIMG5863.JPG

I had about two of the fingers and shared the rest.

It was so great to spend the time getting to know all of the bloggers, it always amazes me how easy every one is to talk to and conversations never seemed to stall around the table. I look forward to meeting up many times in the future with my new friends. ๐Ÿ™‚

After we said our good byes, Caitlin and I picked up Abbie and were on the road back home. Of course, we did have one stop we had to make.

CIMG5869.JPG

Dairy Queen!! It was our treat to ourselves for completing the Bud Light Challenge. I ordered a small Chocolate Dipped Cone while Caitlin finally got to enjoy her Blizzard.

CIMG5871.JPG

I think she was in Blizzard Heaven and was mmming and awwwwing with every bite she took.

I was not hungry at all for dinner until close to 8:00. I finally decided I just needed to eat something because I needed to get to sleep. so I dug some soup to of the freezer and presto instant dinner.

CIMG5874.JPG

This was the last of my Chickpea Noodle Soup I made a couple of weeks ago.

I also had a Cranberry Walnut Muffin to round out my meal.

CIMG5879.JPG

I think I can now fully understand what being truly exhausted feels like! After two back 2 back 4:30am wake up calls I am in desperate need of a ton of sleep. I am hitting the hay early tonight and sleeping in tomorrow morning. Good night blog world!

1 Erin March 1, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Your weekend looks so amazing!
I wish it would come back too!
Hope you get lots of sleep!

2 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 1, 2009 at 8:16 pm

It was so great to meet you! Let me know next time you will be in Tampa!

3 VeggieGirl March 1, 2009 at 8:17 pm

I WANT THAT MONKEY BREAD AND SALAD!!!

4 Emily March 1, 2009 at 8:17 pm

So much fun packed into one weekend!
Love the monkey bread and the potato fingers (and cool dish they came in).
Hope you can catch up on some sleep!

5 marafaye March 1, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Monkey bread, latke fingers, dq… can I have your weekend?!?!

6 Kelly March 1, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Meghann you ROCK! I am so proud of you for completing all three races and PRing on two of them! Get lots of sleep and recovery. I can’t wait to hang out next weekend. Love you.

7 Natalie March 1, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Great met up!

Hope you get a good nights sleep!

8 Sarah (Tales of Expansion) March 1, 2009 at 8:27 pm

i agree. noooooooo, weekend, don’t leave me!!

holy monster salad!!
and your chocolate-dipped cone, mmm. dq is my favorite place in the world, but there are none in nyc :-(. (probably better that way, though …)

enjoy your sleep tonight. what a weekend!

9 Ryan March 1, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Yum yum yum! It was such a great place with incredible company ๐Ÿ˜€ Sleep well!!!

10 healthy ashley March 1, 2009 at 8:28 pm

So glad you guys got your Dairy Queen! David and I went out for some ice cream at Dlites. Mmm! And how did you only have 1 piece of that Monkey bread!? ๐Ÿ™‚

Great job on your runs. It was awesome meeting you!

11 Hallie March 1, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Did those latkes come with applesauce on the side? If not, I call shenanigans! (Yes, that’s a South Park reference). Weirdest food combo that is just so, so good.

Looks like you had a great, full weekend. That’s the way to do it! ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Julie March 1, 2009 at 8:51 pm

Hi!! I love your blog!! Both you and Caitlin have gotten me really interested in running! I signed up for a 5k next month and plan to run a half in October.
I have a quick question for you. I’m totally a numbers person so I want to buy a HRM that will also track my distance, pace, etc. It’s all so confusing to read about!! I know you have the Garmin 305 – from what I can read, it sounds like without any additional accessories, it will track heart rate, running distance, pace, etc?? Is that right? I see they have a footpod you can purchase but is that only if you’re running on a treadmill? So I wouldn’t need that for running outdoors? Sorry for all the questions. I’m reading on websites and just can’t figure it all out. I don’t want to order it and then see it doesn’t fit my needs.

Congrats on the awesome runs over the weekend!!!! I loved reading your posts!!!!!

13 Meghann March 2, 2009 at 11:00 am

Hi Julie.

Yes I have the Garmin 305 and I am absessed! The only extra part it has to is it is the HRM strap that came with the Garmin and I wear on my chest when I sue it. You only need the footpad if you’re running on the treadmill, but I don’t even own that accessory. As long as you are outside adn wearing the HRM strap it does track you distance, pace, calories burned, and heart rate.

E-mail me at graduatemeghann@gmail.com if you have any specific questions

14 Julie March 2, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Thank you!!!!!!!

15 Sarah W. March 1, 2009 at 9:14 pm

I’m jealous of those latke fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the monkey bread and the blizzard – yum y um yum! you guys deserved it after your 25 mile weekend!!!!!!!! congrats!!!

16 Brandi March 1, 2009 at 9:17 pm

that salad looks so good!

Dipped cones are MY FAVORITE!!! Good choice ๐Ÿ™‚

17 Meg March 1, 2009 at 9:25 pm

What an amazing weekend full of food, friends, and running! Get some rest!

18 kristi March 1, 2009 at 9:27 pm

YUMMY foods!! Yay for the dairy queen stop, you girls earned it big time!

19 Shelby March 1, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Rest up now girl! You deserve it =)

20 Matt March 1, 2009 at 9:57 pm

Awesome weekend! I’m jealous!

21 Hangry Pants March 1, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Girl you have way more restraint than me! I would have eaten all that monkey bread and said I just ran a bajillion miles. ๐Ÿ˜€

22 Amanda March 1, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Congrats on all of your amazing accomplishments this weekend!!! And how fun that you were able to enjoy it with Caitlin – it looks like you two had such a great time! You are definitely hard core and have made me wanna lace up and get out there – if only there wasn’t a blizzard outside my door right now ๐Ÿ™ Enjoy a day of relaxation tomorrow – I think some pampering is definitely necessary!!

23 Mica March 1, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Ooh, rest up! You were quite busy this weekend. I love that picture of Caitlin; thanks for capturing her blizzard moment on (digital) film!

24 Melissa S. March 1, 2009 at 11:01 pm

yay for blogger meet up! and what a wonderful weekend, just wish i could have been there with you guys!!!

25 Marianne March 2, 2009 at 12:09 am

That looks like a fabulous salad.

26 Run Saraaah March 2, 2009 at 12:15 am

Congrats on your accomplishments this weekend ๐Ÿ™‚ That salad looks AMAZING!

27 bobbi March 2, 2009 at 12:46 am

Megs I have been keeping up with the whole weekend, and I am truly jelouse! What an amazing accomplishment, I dont know what is harder 3 races back to back, or a marathon?! You are hardcore, wish they had something like that is my area:)

28 Caroline March 2, 2009 at 1:27 am

That monkey bread looks out of this world…as does that colorful salad. Everything looks fabulous!

29 One Healthy Apple March 2, 2009 at 1:32 am

What an amazing salad. Congrats again on your race (I think I was late on the action) and I hope you get some sleep now after all your hard work.

30 skinnygirldiaries March 2, 2009 at 8:03 am

I’ve never seen latke’s like that. What a cute way to serve them.

31 Anne P March 2, 2009 at 8:26 am

CONGRATULATIONS on your amazing weekend of running!!!! I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to the get together yesterday – next time ๐Ÿ™‚

32 Sammie March 2, 2009 at 8:26 am

Congrats on an amazing weekend. You guys really did run your hearts out. Love your lunch – that is definitely something I would order.

33 Beadie March 2, 2009 at 8:42 am

yay! Your blog is working for me again!!

Looks like you girls had an amazing weekend!!!

34 Tina March 2, 2009 at 9:25 am

What a fun meet-up! You guys had an all-star cast!

Congrats on your races this past weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

35 caitlin March 2, 2009 at 10:17 am

hahah thats an awesome pic of me