more ยป" />

Bowling and Running

by Meghann on February 22, 2009

It’s official: I suck at bowling. ๐Ÿ˜‰

CIMG5553.JPG

CIMG5560.JPG

I always ‘try’ to aim for 100 when I bowl and sadly out of 2 games I got a 72 and an 88.. sigh… at least it was a fun night anyways. ๐Ÿ™‚

I started the evening off with a yummy prepared at home meal.

CIMG5518.JPG

I made an egg salad sandwich using Jenna’s Oatmeal Bread.

CIMG5515.JPG

In the Egg Salad I had:

• 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
  • Honey Mustard
  • Fat Free Mayo
  • Buffalo Sauce
  • Mushrooms
  • Garlic
  • Onion
  • Sprouts

It was a very yummy mixture and the perfect sammy.

On the side I had some Rutabaga Fries with Ketchup.

CIMG5517.JPG

I could not resist another one of Tami’s Whoopee Pies for dessert. ๐Ÿ™‚

CIMG5520.JPG

Seriously these thing are to die for!

Then I met my Twin Bro and his friend, Stephen, for a night of bowling at Firkin Kegler.

CIMG5525.JPG

While we waited for our lane I enjoyed a Shock Top.

CIMG5522.JPG

We had fun playing photo shoot while bowling.

CIMG5545.JPG CIMG5530.JPG CIMG5532.JPG

My Twin Bro and I split a Black And Tan while bowling.

CIMG5557.JPG

I had a really great time with the Twin Bro and Stephen! Too bad they don’t live in Orlando permantly! There’s nothing like being goofy and not caring around family.

CIMG5563.JPG

After bowling I totally crashed in preparation for the 12 mile run Caitlin talked me into running this morning.

Before the run I had two pieces of Oatmeal Bread Toast which I slathered with Cashew Butter, Blueberries and Strawberries.

CIMG5567.JPG

I have found the combination of bread, nut butter and fruit to be the perfect long run fuel.

We met bright and early at Wekiva Trail to knock out the 12 miles in preparation for our races next weekend.

CIMG5578.JPG

It had been a while since I had done a run over 10 miles so I was very thankful to have a buddy to run with. When we got bored of the run we would talk and when I got into the zone and started pacing 8:30 when I should not have at mile 8 Caitlin told me to calm down and slow it up.

At the turn around point at mile 6 I tried the Watermelon Luna Moons Caitlin had given me for my birthday.

CIMG5580.JPG

It was my first time trying a mid run fuel snack and I have to say I enjoyed it. Having that extra boost of sugar really helped me run those last few miles.

I really felt great the whole run and am beyond pumped for next weekend. At the end I sprinted the last .1 miles at 6:30 pace and felt like I could have kept going farther. I so want to break the 2 hour mark at the half!

Here are the stats:

Time: 1:59:24

Distance: 12 miles

Total Calories Burned: 1169

Average pace: 9:57

Average Heart Rate: 158

With over a 1000 calorie deficit it seems pretty obvious that I was ready to eat as soon as I walked in the door.

Melissa had talked me into buying this protein shake powder a couple of weeks ago and I figured this would be the perfect time to try it.

CIMG5581.JPG

I added the Hemp Protein Mix, Milk, Ice, Peanut Butter, Strawberries and Blueberries to the blender and ended up with a yummy chocolate shake.

CIMG5583.JPG

I was impressed. I’ve never really tried protein mixes before, but I have to say this one was not bad at all.

I also had a small bowl of Kashi Honey Sunshine and Blueberries on the side.

CIMG5584.JPG

Now I need to shower and drive across town to my cousin’s daughter’s baptism. She already sent me a text message that her Dad made cupcakes that ‘are totally blog worthy’ so I can’t wait! I need to fill that 1000 calorie deficit after all. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 caitlin February 22, 2009 at 11:37 am

you were totally on speed this AM. i loved it.

2 biz319 February 22, 2009 at 11:44 am

Great run! Good thing Caitlin was with you to keep you going!

I suck at bowling too – although when I don’t think about it, my first game is always great – like 180! Then I get cocky and I never break 100 after that.

Your beer looks like a Blue Moon!

Have fun today!

3 Emily February 22, 2009 at 11:47 am

I am so horrible at bowling, too. It seems that I just can’t make the dumb ball go straight down the lane. ๐Ÿ™

Great run this morning…12 miles? A-mazing!!!

4 alessa February 22, 2009 at 12:01 pm

I am so bad at bowling too! I haven’t been in years. That oatmeal bread looks sooo good. It makes me want to try and make some of my own, even tho I know it could never measure up! Your sandwich looks delicious.

5 Nicole February 22, 2009 at 12:19 pm

I am SO bad at bowling, too! It is almost embarrassing! Anyway, fabulous run this morning.

I think you should be receiving the carrot cake whoopie pies soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Nicole

6 Shelby February 22, 2009 at 12:28 pm

FUN! I haven’t been bowling in a longggg time.

Love the chocolate smoothie, I have yet to try that brand but it looks great.

7 Julz February 22, 2009 at 12:28 pm

GREAT JOB MEGHS!! I’m so bummed I wrote a post about you LAST week and my Ecto sas that my access point isn’t correct! But when I checked it, it WAS and now I can’t remedy it ๐Ÿ™

8 Hallie February 22, 2009 at 12:43 pm

I am terrible at bowling…like, other people say they are bad but I’m REALLY bad. I signed up for a charity bowling event today but I’m bagging it to go hiking (I already paid so I don’t feel bad about skipping) But I’m good at Wii boxing, which is funny.

Have fun with your calorie deficit ๐Ÿ˜‰

9 ksgoodeats February 22, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Bad bowling?! One time I scored in the 30s – HOW is that possible?! I have no idea! Have you ever read the directions on how to “properly enjoy Shock Top”? It’s the most bizzare thing ever!

Enjoy those cupcakes girl – you earned them!!

10 Tal February 22, 2009 at 12:49 pm

That oatmeal bread looks *amazing*! I want some! ๐Ÿ™‚

11 marafaye February 22, 2009 at 1:12 pm

I’m with K up there… there have been times that I haven’t even broken 50!!!!
WTG with the run!

12 Mica February 22, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Your awesome run totally makes up for the bowling, which is better than I do in the first place!

13 Sarah February 22, 2009 at 1:19 pm

but i bet i suck more at bowling …

every time you talk about your twin bro, i get so jealous. i always wanted to be a twin!

awesome job on the run, and i can’t wait to see the details of these “blogworthy” cupcakes ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Lindsay February 22, 2009 at 1:23 pm

i was SOOOOOOO at that same exact place when i was in orlando for the work trip! they had a company sponsored function one night and we went there… i thought all the tv’s were hysterical!

15 Natalie February 22, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Great stats on the run!

I really like that protein powder to. ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Erin D. February 22, 2009 at 1:55 pm

That’s so weird… last night I was at a bar called Firkin Tavern and had a Shock Top too! Crazy. Looks like you had fun! ๐Ÿ™‚

17 Erin February 22, 2009 at 2:01 pm

I’m awesome at Wii bowling & terrible at the real thing. It’s fun though!

I always find that I’m not that hungry the day of long runs, but the day after I’m ravenous. But cupcakes are definitely a good way to fill that calorie deficit!

18 Leah February 22, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Well, you may think you suck at bowling but you are definitely awesome at running! 12 miles, amazing stats.. you go girl!

19 Brandi February 22, 2009 at 3:28 pm

that breakfast looks awesome!

can’t wait to see the blogworthy cupcakes ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Marissa February 22, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I’m a bad bowler too. Congrats on the run!

21 kristi February 22, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Wow! Great job on the 12 miler today. That is impressive. and what better way to fill that deficit than with cupcakes?? ๐Ÿ˜‰

22 Emily February 22, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Is that one of your new tops you just bought with Caitlin? It’s very cute! Where did you get it? Although, I probably still won’t even copy you and buy it b/c I’m not ready to buy new clothes yet until I lose weight!! But it is super hip and cute on you! ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Kate February 22, 2009 at 4:15 pm

oooohhh!!! Jealous of the cupcakes coming up! HAHA I love getting people saying something is “blogworthy!” It always makes me laugh. Awesome job on your run! Race or not, that is an accomplishment in itself.

24 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 22, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Ooh that hemp protein is so earthy! You are brave!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

25 Meghann February 22, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Emily – I got the shirt from Forever 21 ๐Ÿ™‚

26 Betsy February 22, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Hah I love the first game, gutterball, gutterball, STRIKE.

I used to be pretty good in HS when I did bowling club (sounds lame, but it was fun!). I’ve pretty much lost all my skills though.

27 Bec February 22, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Looks like you had a ton of fun with your brother, can’t wait to read about those cupcakes!

28 Sharon February 22, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Oh my gosh, what a fun time! And that sandwich looks amazing!

29 Erin February 22, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Wow, your runs are A-MAZING! So impressed!
Also, I can’t bowl. I only do Wii bowling ๐Ÿ™‚
Your dinner looks so good too. I love anything in fry form!

30 Maggie February 22, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Great job on the run!! Quick question, have you ever thought of cutting your nails? Your blog is awesome but seeing dirty fingernails isn’t.

31 audrey February 22, 2009 at 8:41 pm

hey meghann, i really love that shirt you are wearing bowling, i think you bought it the other day and i’d love to know where you got it from, if you wouldnt mind me copying you? don’t worry i live in boston so there wont be any accidental run ins in the same top. thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

32 Erin February 22, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Wow, that’s a crazy good run! Awesome job Meghann!
I’m glad you suck at bowling. That means you’re not perfect. ๐Ÿ™‚

33 kilax February 22, 2009 at 9:10 pm

ooo, I am going to try the Watermelon Luna Moons! We will start our long runs soon and need some snacks!

We also bowl. My husband is really good, but after I haven’t done it for awhile my score goes back down and it takes awhile to come back up. It’s still fun though!

34 Meg February 22, 2009 at 9:39 pm

I haven’t been bowling in forever! Thanks for posting about that Hemp shake. I have seen it and wondered how it tasted!

35 Caroline February 23, 2009 at 12:03 am

Love that HempShake! Chocolate is def their best flavor, FYI.

36 NAOmni February 23, 2009 at 12:06 am

I love shocktop! It’s the low cal version of Blue Moon, and can’t beat that ๐Ÿ™‚

NAOmni

37 Marianne March 1, 2009 at 8:40 pm

I am the worst bowler as well. I can’t actually bowl properly with one hand either, I have to granny bowl. It’s quite embarassing really.