Talking Runners

by Meghann on February 21, 2009

What a BEAUTIFUL Saturday morning in good ole Central Florida.

CIMG5494.JPG

It was a bit chilly this morning, but it’s suppose to hit 70 around noon. This is why I live in Florida. πŸ™‚

I woke up pretty early this morning in preparation for a casual Saturday run. It had been a while since I had my favorite pre-run morning meal so this morning I broke out the Almond Butter and Apple Slicer and ate what I knew would keep be fueled the best through a 6 mile run.

CIMG5492.JPG

I had a Multi-Grain Arnolds Thins, with Almond Butter, Apple Slices and Granola sprinkled on top. THis fills me up every time, so I was ready and willing to run.

I was suppose to have my Team in Training run this morning, but I was bad and ditched it to run with a friend I don’t get to spend nearly enough time with… Gina.

CIMG5496.JPG

Gina texted me Thursday night asking if I wanted to knock out 6 miles with here on Saturday and I decided why not.

We did a stead 9 minute pace and easily finished our 6 mile run in around 55 minutes. I loved running with Gina because she is a talking runner like me, so we spent the whole time gabbing about life, love and of course all things blog. πŸ™‚

When you run with friends are you a talker or a headphone wearer? I love to talk, it makes the run breeze by. πŸ™‚

Whole Foods just happened to be on my way home from the run and I can’t drive by a Whole Foods with out going in so I stopped to pick up a few items and the second half of my breakfast.

I got a small container of Tofu Scramble and Rosemary Hashbrowns.

CIMG5498.JPG

And a container of Pineapple.

CIMG5499.JPG

The tofu scramble was amazing and totally filling on its own. I ended up only eating half of the pineapple and will probably finish it off with my lunch.

I have big plans to go shopping today with Caitlin and then hanging out with my Twin Bro who is in town for the weekend. It should be a great Saturday, I hope everyone is enjoying theirs as well! πŸ™‚

1 Emily February 21, 2009 at 10:56 am

Florida is sounding better all the time (I’m sick of being cold)! Glad your run went well, too. Hope the rest of your Sat is just as fantastic!

(p.s. I’m a twin, too!)

2 Beth February 21, 2009 at 11:03 am

Hi,
I have been a lurking blog reader for a looong time, and have recently been toying with the idea of starting my own up…however, i have NO clue how to go about doing this! I really enjoy reading all the amazing blogs out there, andd would love to be able to join the community! any advice for a blogging newbie?? Thanks!

3 Allison February 21, 2009 at 11:05 am

You know I”m always jealous of your fabulous weather – it was 19 here this morning πŸ˜›

I’m totally a headphones runner (wish I could be a talker) – but I love my music and tend to zone out!

have fun today!

4 Bridget February 21, 2009 at 11:10 am

I don’t think I am at the point of being able to talk haha…maybe when I get better at it. Right now I need my music!! It looks SO nice out there…I am SOOOOO jealous.

5 Jenny February 21, 2009 at 11:11 am

Morning Meghann! I was trying to find the blog post that has your tennis court workout. I have a tennis court at my complex and wanted to try it out–Is it tough? πŸ™‚ Thanks!

6 VeggieGirl February 21, 2009 at 11:21 am

Gorgeous weather; scrumptious breakfast; hooray for being with Gina!! πŸ˜€

7 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 21, 2009 at 11:24 am

I used to LOVE running and talking. My aunt and I would run 5 or 6 miles chatting the WHOLE time..mostly about food =)

Have a WONDERFUL Saturday!

8 kilax February 21, 2009 at 11:25 am

I like to talk too, or at least have someone there with me! One race, the women behind me chatted annoying the whole time… I don’t remember what it was about but it really bothered me. So I try not to be obnoxious if I chat during a race πŸ˜‰

9 Andrea February 21, 2009 at 11:27 am

Wow, what a great start to your weekend! It sounds like the rest of your Saturday will be fab too! Don’t you just love days that are jammed packed with fun activities?

10 Brandi February 21, 2009 at 11:28 am

how fun!

I like talking while running, too πŸ™‚

11 Shelby February 21, 2009 at 11:37 am

GORGEOUS breakfast and morning pictures =)

12 Hallie February 21, 2009 at 11:43 am

With friends, I talk. With my boyfriend, it’s headphones all the way…guess since we live together, we talk enough every day πŸ˜‰

I’ve been wanted to try a tofu scramble. What would you say it tastes like? I don’t like eggs, and I’m making it my goal to like tofu!

13 Mica February 21, 2009 at 11:52 am

Great run! It’s so much better with a running buddy–I definitely gab it up!

I’m so jealous of your weather. I almost cried today during my run because I was literally being blown all over the place by the wind. I want to come to sunny Florida!

14 ksgoodeats February 21, 2009 at 12:06 pm

What great company to run with!! My friend would always talk to me when we ran and I hated it! Haha!

15 Leah February 21, 2009 at 12:14 pm

When my fiancΓ© and I run together we usually chit chat the whole way. It makes the run go by so fast!

Looks like you’ve had a nice morning so far!
Enjoy the rest of your day!

Leah

16 Aimee February 21, 2009 at 12:31 pm

In general I love to talk, but I don’t have a running partner. My husband runs a lot faster than me (he is 6’2 and I’m 5’7 so his legs are a lot longer than mine:). Anytime I try to run with him, I’m running at a much faster pace than I’m used to so I can’t carry on a conversation.

17 Erin February 21, 2009 at 12:33 pm

So jealous of your weather and whole foods! Its freezing and fancy food-less here!

18 Sarah February 21, 2009 at 12:55 pm

I love chatty runs! I sometimes try to replicate them with myself, but it is hard to keep up both sides of THAT conversation. Plus I really annoy myself with all the “that’s what she said!” talk.

Have fun with Caitlin!

19 Kate February 21, 2009 at 1:56 pm

aww! You guys look so cute. OMG can we not even talk a/b ur weather? LOL. Yea…..it’s 18 here….and I can’t really say why i know I live here? Have an awesome saturday!

20 redheadyellowdog February 21, 2009 at 2:10 pm

look like such a fun time! I’m a total chatter when I run. I was shocked when, once, I asked a friend to run with me and she proceeded to put headphones on!

21 elise February 21, 2009 at 2:28 pm

youre such a tease with that weather!!!! have a great weekend!

22 Rose February 21, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Aw, how cool that you met up with Gina for a run!

I am a non-talker, but that’s only because I usually run alone. I do enjoy running with my boyfriend from time to time though – because he will stick at my pace and just talk. It’s nice!

23 Emily February 21, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I sound too much like a dying walrus to talk when I run! Someday maybe πŸ™‚

24 Heather Eats Almond Butter February 21, 2009 at 3:32 pm

So much time spent with fun bloggers this weekend! Sounds like a great run. I don’t run too often with people, but when I do we talk. Otherwise, it’s just me and a trail in the woods. Makes for some great Heather time. πŸ™‚

25 Bec February 21, 2009 at 3:56 pm

I am a big talker when I run, it makes things go by so much faster.

26 biz319 February 21, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Great run!! Have fun with your brother today!

27 bobbi February 21, 2009 at 4:56 pm

how nice, love that pic! Have fun with Caitlin

28 eatingbender February 21, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Hurray for hanging out with Gina + Caitlin on the same day…what a great way to spend a Saturday!

I used to go on runs with Bobby in high school and we’d use it as a great time to talk. It’s so much fun and you’re right, the run really does breeze by that way!

29 Meredith February 21, 2009 at 7:10 pm

I don’t run, but when I go for walks with my friends I usually listen to my ipod softly so I can hear my music and talk at the same time πŸ™‚