Yay Friday!

by Meghann on February 13, 2009

Today is Friday, but its also Pay Day!!! I love logging into my bank account and seeing that nice big amount on the morning of pay day, because trust me it does not last long. It is just fun to think I actually have all that money before it gets divided into my rent, cable, electricity, car payment, credit card, and food. Bye Bye money, it was nice knowing you for a little while!

This morning I realized it had been a while since I had done a Tennis Court Boot Camp so I ran my 20 minute warm up and hit the court. Then I was feeling extra cheery so I ran up and down the stars that led to my apartment 10 times. Now that was a work out! I need to run those stairs more often. I was almost walking them at the end I got so burnt out!

Breakfast was a fun bowl of cereal.

DSCN2339

I had 2/3 cup of Cheerios, 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch, 1/3 cup Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries and unsweetened Applesauce.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Is anyone out there superstitious about today? My ex boyfriend was obsessed with Friday the 13th, it was like this special holiday for him and each time one came around he would make me watch all of the Friday the 13th movies. I had never seen one of those movies before I met him and now I’m pretty sure I’ve seen all of them. Now, every time I see the trailer for the new one coming out I think of him.

1 caitlin February 13, 2009 at 8:42 am

ew your ex boyfriend should BE IN a friday the 13th movie. πŸ™‚

yay payday!

2 Kimberly February 13, 2009 at 8:53 am

At my last job we only got paid once a month — it was horrible trying to make one paycheck last that long!

I’m not superstitious about Friday the 13th, but I do believe that Hollywood has officially run out of ideas if they are re-making that film for the 4,584th time πŸ™‚

3 Justy2003 February 13, 2009 at 8:57 am

I’m not superstitious about Friday the 13th. My dad was born on a Friday the 13th and today is his 50th birthday! He can’t be bad luck πŸ˜‰

4 Ryane February 13, 2009 at 9:02 am

I’d be even more amused if they managed to release another Friday the 13th movie next month, now that’s how you capitalize on a silly, little idea!

Do you ever get weird looks or get in the way of anybody when you’re running up and down your apt stairs??

5 Mica February 13, 2009 at 9:13 am

Happy PayDay!

That’s a great bowl of cereal. Ima go get me some applesauce!

6 VeggieGirl February 13, 2009 at 9:24 am

TGIF TO THE EXTREME!!! πŸ˜€

7 Allison February 13, 2009 at 9:33 am

First of all – it’s not weird that diesel reminds you of your Dad – I have all sorts of funny smells like that (I only listed the “normal” ones!) πŸ™‚

And I love that feeling too, logging into your bank account – it’s insane how fast it can be spent though! Happy Friday my dear!

8 Meg February 13, 2009 at 9:40 am

Yeah for pay day! I love that feeling too, but I hate how fast it disappears.

9 Leanne February 13, 2009 at 9:50 am

I didn’t even realize it was Friday the 13th until you mentioned it! Happy Friday, have a good weekend Meghann!

10 jenngirl February 13, 2009 at 9:56 am

Ooo money, how I wish I had more of it πŸ˜‰

haha nice reminder today! I’m not superstitious but it’s fun just to say it’s friday the 13th!

11 Mara @ What's For Dinner? February 13, 2009 at 9:56 am

One of my coworkers calls a friday when we can wear jeans and its payday the “trifecta”!

I love Friday the 13th. So many people are over-cautious and careful that it feels like a safer day!

12 Sharon February 13, 2009 at 10:03 am

Hhahah oh it is the 13th!!! =D Happy Friday!

13 sarahdbelle February 13, 2009 at 10:10 am

I normally don’t mind Friday the 13th, but I was bit by a bat and had to get rabies shots on a Friday the 13th a few years ago. Ugh!

Sarah

14 alyssa @ livelaughlyss February 13, 2009 at 10:15 am

I totally know what you mean about seeing money and getting excited! It still blows my mind how quickly I run through those dolla bills though… Oh, college. Happy Friday, hope it’s relaxing and wonderful for you!

15 tami February 13, 2009 at 10:41 am

i can’t wait for the weather to warm up to try your tennis court workout, it’s one of the things that made me keep reading your blog!

16 Caitlin February 13, 2009 at 10:49 am

haha I am not superstitious at all, but I was born on friday the 13th πŸ™‚

17 snackface February 13, 2009 at 10:55 am

It’s unfortunate that your ex boyfriend is associated with such things, blech (who likes to think about em when you don’t have to?). Anyway, great breakfast and yayyy for payday!

18 Kelly February 13, 2009 at 10:57 am

Happy Friday the 13th! Love you! Have a great pay day and weekend.

19 Natalie February 13, 2009 at 11:11 am

I actually have a tradition of watching Friday the 13th to! I’m going to go see the new one today, haha!

20 Diana (Soap & Chocolate) February 13, 2009 at 11:11 am

Nah I’m not into the Friday the 13th superstition. I was worried when I heard about the plane crash last night and wondered at first if it had happened after midnight, but it was at like 10:30pm so even that can’t be attributed to superstition. I’m sure the minute I started worrying about it, something bad would happen, so I’m not gonna bother!

21 Missy (Missy Maintains) February 13, 2009 at 11:26 am

Yay for Friday!!! Gotta love those pay days!! Have a nice weekend!

22 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 13, 2009 at 11:31 am

Just another friday for me!!! And I’m LOVIN’ it!!

23 Bec February 13, 2009 at 11:43 am

I ‘love’ running stairs, and by love I mean hate but I love the workout running stairs gives me. Have a great day!

24 biz319 February 13, 2009 at 11:55 am

Paydays are nice, when you are rich for a day!

Although I am proud to say my hubby and I have not had credit cards in 9 years! If we want something big, we save for it and pay cash.

It’s nice knowing everything in my house we own!

Happy Friday!

25 katecooks February 13, 2009 at 12:05 pm

so funny you mentioned that about payday. the same thing happens to me — my bank account jumps up for one day and then i pay all the bills and ahhhh i have $200 to my name. savings?? whats that πŸ™‚

cookingwithkate.wordpress.com

26 Hallie February 13, 2009 at 12:14 pm

Oh, payday. For that one day, I’m all, “whoo I’m rich! Dinner out? Sure! That crap from Costco we don’t really need? Get two!” And then it’s Mondey and I check my balance and realize that has to last me two weeks…umm yeah not always so fun. I’m getting better about it though (slowly).

27 Sarah February 13, 2009 at 12:36 pm

i don’t really have any superstitions, but a black cat did walk in front of me this morning—that can’t be a good sign on friday the 13!!

28 Hangry Pants February 13, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I am not superstitious, but only because I am currently obsessed with Valentine’s Day!

29 Andrea [bella eats] February 13, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Happy Friday! I am not superstitious of Friday the 13th, but 13 is my lucky number so maybe that’s why! I love pay day too, but only get paid once a month. That day it is always amazing to see my account, but only a few days later it has dwindled so much after my mortgage, car payment, utilities, student loans etc. come out in the first few days of the month. πŸ™

30 Shelby February 13, 2009 at 1:53 pm

I’m not superstitious today, never have been =/

Love the cereal!

31 Julie February 13, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Speaking of creative in the kitchen, I made your pumpkin pecan encrusted chicken the other night – I LOVED it!! It was soo good!! Thanks for the recipe – delish!

32 Matt February 13, 2009 at 3:22 pm

I used to love payday when I had a job! I stored all that money up and now I get to watch it dwindle every month!

33 John February 13, 2009 at 8:13 pm

LOL I Like Caitlin’s first comment LOL

34 Sweet and Fit February 14, 2009 at 11:31 pm

i’m pretty sure I was born on Friday the 13th… kinda creepy!