Another Desk Lunch

by Meghann on February 13, 2009

Eating at your desk is no fun. I much prefer enjoying my hour and driving home to be with my puppy, but unfortunately today I have to save that extra hour so I can leave at a somewhat decent hour and beat the traffic to Tampa. Such is life.

My original plan for lunch last night was a left over tofu sandwich, but when I started packing every sandwich component in separate little baggies, so I could make an apparently complicated sandwich in the office kitchen, I decided against it and went with the sandwich alternative… salad.

DSCN2346

I had a bed of Mix Greens that I topped with uncooked stir fry veggies, tomato, pecans and tofu. On the side I had some of the leftover Country Bobs Stir Fry Sauce I made for for dipping.

DSCN2345

Can I just say how much I truly love tofu? Every bite of the salad that included a piece of tofu was heaven. I love the texture, I love the flavor, I love tofu!

For dessert I dug into half of a Kit Kat Blondie.

DSCN2349

Soo good!

And for those of you who requested it, Amanda sent me the recipe for the Blondies below.

Blondies

• 2/3 c butter, melted
  • 2 c brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 c flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 – 2 c mix ins (chocolate chips, trail mix, chopped candy…whatever suits your fancy!)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 pan.
Mix melted butter and sugar until sugar dissolves. Cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and baking soda until blended. Stir in mix ins.
Spread into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 36 bars. (I cut mine into 8 giant bars…that part is a trade secret. :P)

I also noticed she left this in the comments as well. 😉

Amanda, on February 13th, 2009 at 9:00 am Said: Edit Comment

It’s Amanda, aka kit kat blondie baker…I am not a professional baker yet, but I am thinking about it…I take requests, so email Meghann for my email if you want to place an order! (that is, if Meghann doesn’t mind… ) )

There you go!

Mid-morning I had an apple for a snack!

DSCN2343

Well that’s it for now. My postings may be a bit sporadic this weekend, as I’m really not sure what the plans are and if I’ll have internet. We shall see. I hope everyone had a wonderful start to their weekend!

1 caitlin February 13, 2009 at 12:44 pm

yo bring me a kit kat blondie!! i will take that as payment for watching abbie. 🙂

see ya later, gator!

2 Beadie February 13, 2009 at 12:57 pm

I eat lunch at my desk everyday 🙁

A kit kat blondie sounds killer!

3 bobbi February 13, 2009 at 1:07 pm

love those brownies I should make some for my hubbys staff! Oh and about longbeach meet up, I WOULD SO LOVE TO MEET UP!!!! But sadly I will be in Boston for the Marathon until the 27th. But we will meet up for sure in sandiego:)!!!! Even if I dont run it, I am going to cheer all of you on. Oh and I am making stirfry for me tonight, and burgers for the boy…lol

4 Missy (Missy Maintains) February 13, 2009 at 1:08 pm

I’m eating lunch at my desk as we speak! I do get an hour every day to go outside but I just spent it at the gym so no complaints about the desk for me! Your lucky you get to go home sometimes during your hour! Love the blondie!

5 Hangry Pants February 13, 2009 at 1:10 pm

I love tofu too! Have a safe trip to Tampa, Meghann.

6 Maggie February 13, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Have a great weekend! I didn’t like eating lunch at my desk either 🙁 It was so boring! At least it’s the weekend 🙂

7 Erica February 13, 2009 at 1:14 pm

What a fabulous looking salad! And apples are quickly becoming my favorite snack 🙂 Hope you have fun this weekend girlie 😉

8 Andrea [bella eats] February 13, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Mmmm…I love tofu too!

I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner at my desk the last three days in a row…NO FUN!!! 🙁 I’m hoping to reintroduce myself to my kitchen and dining room table this weekend, but its not looking too promising…

Have a FUN weekend!!!

9 Sharon February 13, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Haha, I love eating tofu! And tasty tasty eats!!

10 alessa February 13, 2009 at 1:52 pm

i used to love tofu, but i kind of burnt myself out for awhile. i think it has something to do with the fact that i have never been very good at making a recipe myself!

i wish i could go home for lunch everyday, but too far. 🙁 eating at a desk really is the worst! and i do it way too often.

11 VeggieGirl February 13, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Lovely blondie!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

12 livelaughlyss February 13, 2009 at 1:54 pm

This may be a totally stupid question, but is there anyway to prepare tofu in the microwave? Or do you have any suggestions on preperations without access to a stove? I love tofu too, but don’t know how to incorporate it into my diet while living in a dorm room!

13 Shelby February 13, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I just want that tofu, it looks perfect!

14 Diana (Soap & Chocolate) February 13, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Yeah, desk eating is kind of a drag, but I’m in such a small office that I don’t have much alternative! At least it gives me a chance to catch up on blogs. 😉

15 Kate February 13, 2009 at 2:18 pm

I am the same way. It just feels awkward to me to eat at work-like it’s not even enjoyable. Sometimes I try to hold out til I get home but then I’m afraid I’ll be starving when I do. I’m glad you are on teh same page as you for V-day. I hope the day is still very sweet (food wise, naturally:P) for you! I will let you know what I end up doing since I don’t even know!?

16 Heather Eats Almond Butter February 13, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I love tofu too, but I think I’d love that blondie ever more. Thanks for posting the recipe!

17 Danielle February 13, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Those blondies look good, I’ll have to give that recipe a try.
I work a 1/2 an hour away from my apartment so there’s no way I could go home for lunch, but I do get outside and walk. I’m jealous of those of you who can go home though!

18 Meg February 13, 2009 at 2:45 pm

I love the texture of tofu too! I have been eating a lot lately!

19 Mel February 13, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Your salad looks good! Hope you have a safe trip to Tampa!

20 Lesley Borger February 13, 2009 at 3:29 pm

That salad looks delicious … yum!!

Have a great weekend : )

21 ksgoodeats February 13, 2009 at 3:37 pm

That is a pretty salad! Have fun in Tampa 🙂

22 snackface February 13, 2009 at 3:42 pm

I eat lunch at my desk all the time, actually most meals, but that’s because I’m reading blogs, lol.

I hope work flies by and you have a great weekend!

23 Mica February 13, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Thanks to you AND Amanda for sharing the recipe. They sound delicious!

I eat at my lunch, alone in my office. It is sad.

24 Betsy February 13, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Hmmm…. can you make a gummi bear blondie? That would be awesome.

25 Marianne February 13, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I always eat my lunch at my desk at work. I quite enjoy it actually. And come to think of it, I’m usually eating breakfast & dinner at my desk at home, so I can get stuff done on the comp there. My kitchen table rarely even sees a meal, which is really odd, considering we grew up always eating at the table, and I still do when I’m at home.

26 carolinebee February 13, 2009 at 4:23 pm

have fun and a safe drive :D!

27 Sarah February 13, 2009 at 4:40 pm

I know, tofu is quickly turning into an obsession for me as well. It’s one of those foods that it makes such a difference to know how to cook it. Have a fun weekend girlie!

28 eatingbirdfood February 13, 2009 at 4:50 pm

I love tofu too!!!!!

29 kristi February 13, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Hope you have an awesome time in Tampa! The kit-kat blondies look awesome!

30 Kristi February 13, 2009 at 5:57 pm

I am not a fan of eating at my desk either, however I do it almost everyday because of the career I have….being in HR can be tough sometimes. But your tofu looks great! I hope you have a great weekend!

31 cleanveggiex3 February 13, 2009 at 6:00 pm

i can not get over how great that tofu looks!

32 luckytastebuds February 13, 2009 at 6:39 pm

I wish I could make my salads look so appetizing! 🙁 I totally packed one for lunch today and I abaondoned it for a FROZEN meal!!! *gasp* I gotta copy yours I think!

33 elise February 13, 2009 at 6:46 pm

i feel the same way about tofu. LOVE it!

34 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 13, 2009 at 9:53 pm

Thanks for commenting on my bloggie! I’m 99% sure I can come to the lunch in Tampa and I’m super excited!!

Lunch looks great!

35 Sarah February 13, 2009 at 11:27 pm

desk lunches are no fun … but sometimes a girl needs to multi-task. enjoy your trip!