Where’s Friday?

by Meghann on February 12, 2009

?Is it almost the weekend yet?… because I am beyond ready for it!

I have some great plans ahead of me this weekend. I was actually just expecting to stay in this Valentines Day and have a pity party for myself that would involve lots of Ice Cream and Lifetime Movies, but instead a good friend of mine invited me to his neck of the woods for the weekend. He promised me good ‘anti-runners’ chocolate (haha his words, not mine) and flowers so how could I say no? Chocolate here I come!

What are the rest of my single ladies doing this weekend in honor or ‘single awareness day?’ Will there be Ice Cream and Lifetime movies involved? Or Are you going to say the hell with the day and go out celebrating being single?

I had a late mid morning snack today of the free Chocolate Drizzled Quaker Mini Delights sample I received in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

DSCN2313

Honestly, I wasn’t exactly thrilled at trying this, its funny how just by reading an ingredients list now a days I actually find myself disgusted by products.

DSCN2314

But I figured it was one little bag and gave it a shot.

It was ok. Nothing that would make me overlook those ingredients and actually buy a bad. It was airy, light and only 90 calories. Honestly I felt like I was eating chocolate covered air. It did nothing to fill any void of hunger and simply was not for me.

Lunch on the other hand was fantabulous and actually tasted like real filling food!

DSCN2315

I had a leftover bowl..err plastic container… of Apple Butternut Squash Soup. It was still so creamy and good with the perfect tinge of sweetness. This was the last of it in my freezer, I will have to make again sometime.

DSCN2317

I also had a piece of the Publix 9 Grain Bread I had to cut in half to fit in the toaster.

DSCN2316

And the last of my fresh Pineapple I topped with a tablespoon of TJ’s Praline Pecan Granola…mmmmm….

DSCN2318

It was a wonderful, filling, satisfying lunch that I would be more then happy to repeat at this very moment again and again.

Later Gators, I’m off to inventory the new pens for my office. Joy!

1 Amy C. February 12, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend! I’m not anti-Valentine’s day but for me it’s always been more about my friends and family than boyfriends. This Saturday I have school in the morning then I’m taking myself to the gym for an excellent workout. I’ll top it off by going to the movies with my best friend. It should be fun. 🙂

2 joyful February 12, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Wow, enjoy that inventory-ing!

I’m not a single gal, but considering last night my boyfriend said, “I called my friend to see if this Saturday he wanted to go play poker at the place we went a couple weeks ago”, and I had to say, “are you on crack? Saturday is Valentine’s day and your friend’s wife is pregnant. No way he’s gambling that night, my friend.”

Yeah, he has no clue that it’s coming up, but that’s okay, he does the cute stuff even when it’s not V-Day.

3 Betsy February 12, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I’m not single and I’m going to eat copious amounts of chocolate… sue me. 🙂

4 Audrey February 12, 2009 at 2:24 pm

364 days a year i really couldnt care less about being single but for some reason its like a smack in the face on v-day..good thing i have a date tonight haha. one of my best friends and i are getting dressed up, drinking champagne&chambord cocktails, eating yummy apps and then hitting a bar for some inappropriate drunken flirting. perfect valentines day in my opinion haha.

5 Ryan February 12, 2009 at 2:37 pm

When I was single I just met up with my other single girlfriends where we bashed our ex-boyfriends! haha, it was fun! Even now though, not single anymore, we don’t make a very big deal out of the holiday.

I will TOTALLY be available for lunch on the Sunday after Gasparilla! Maybe I’ll swing by the race site to see you two finish your crazy, daring Budweiser Challenge or something too that day! Keep me posted! SO EXCITED!

6 Maggie February 12, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Yum! At first glance I thought those were wheatberries instead of granola – either one would be great! That reminds me, I have to go make my wheatberries now…

Happy THursday Meghann!

7 Amelia February 12, 2009 at 2:54 pm

That sounds like it’ll be a fun time! Jealous! I’ll be going out with a girl-friend for drinks. Hopefully there will be no shortage of eye candy! 😛

8 Kimberly February 12, 2009 at 3:06 pm

I’m happy being single right now, so am not a V-day hater… however, I do get a bit grumpy about the missed opportunity for free chocolate and presents 😉 Since I just moved to a new city last weekend, I’ll be flying sola on Sat — I foresee a night at home, with some sushi, wine, and a stack of DVDs.

9 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 12, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Girl, I hear you! Single ladies represent! Our Mr.Right’s are out there…they are probably just busy solving world hunger and curing cancer. =)

10 Ryane February 12, 2009 at 3:44 pm

Ahh, this is my first v-day in 6 years being single so… I’ll miss the flowers, and will probably feel a little more upset that actual day.
BUT hopefully I can avoid that pity party the couple hours I’m traveling down to NYC to see my very best friend perform in her first off-broadway play! Which will be followed up with lots of champagne and running around the city!
I think I’ll be okay : ) He never did get the fact that I don’t like roses very much anyways!! haha.

11 Dori February 12, 2009 at 3:59 pm

I’m not single but my boyfriend and I both think Valentine’s Day is stupid and we will not be celebrating! I’d much rather him get me a gift on a random day because he wants to, not because of a silly holiday that means nothing to us. Of course, my birthday is an entirely other story…!

12 luckytastebuds February 12, 2009 at 4:09 pm

what a wonderful guy friend!! (may soon NOT be just a friend anymore maybe?) Plans for valentines is to stay in and COOK for my special guy…but that’s a big deal already. We also want to pitch a tent in his studio and pretend we’re on a camping trip. (and you think i’m kidding…) 😛 I LOOOVE those tupperwares and I use them all the time for soup! And I TOTALLY agree with you about eating chocolate covered air. 😛

13 Natalie Rae February 12, 2009 at 4:15 pm

I was planning on getting sushi at a place I have been dying to try and finishing the night by watching a fun movie (I netflixed The Holiday) but… I just got invited to a fun anti-valentines party in a lowkey part of the city, and think it might be best to be social and out on the town- I said I would go… we’ll see 🙂

14 Shelby February 12, 2009 at 4:19 pm

I’m single and I’m going to just see a movie, relax, and eat desserts of course =)

15 Jenny February 12, 2009 at 4:41 pm

Never have I ever had a V-Day with a guy. Well, once, but I don’t think it counts. I ALWAYS spend it with girlfriends, but since I have none (really) where I live now, I’m thinking of taking my baby boy, Chihuahua, Brady to The Botanical gardens Dog Days. Dogs can run leash free. LOL Since he’s cooped up in our apartment, everyday, it’ll be good for him to run free!! 🙂

Then I’ll hit the gym and work on my fitness! Possibly partake in some wine, treats and movies 🙂

Now, I’m craving a cupcake.

16 brandi February 12, 2009 at 4:45 pm

anti-runners chocolate, huh? I can’t wait to see pictures of that!

17 Anna February 12, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Oh geez, Valentine’s day plans… um, homework? haha. But yes I certainly plan on involving chocolate somewhere in my day.

18 Melissa P. February 12, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Valentine’s Day= single girl cocktail night!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

19 Ann February 12, 2009 at 4:54 pm

I’ve only ever had a boyfriend on Valentine’s Day, so I’m used to making other plans. This year though I was expecting to still be with my boyfriend so I’m a little disappointed. On the other hand, I’m taking my best friend’s little girl for the night so I’m going to have an adorable Valentine’s date complete with making cupcakes. Should be a good night!

20 Bec February 12, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Love the hart plate!

21 Erin February 12, 2009 at 5:03 pm

I’m not single, but I hate V Day. We’re celebrating by being our Little’s Valentines. 🙂

22 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) February 12, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Seriously, taking inventory of pens?? How fun…

Honestly, I think Valentine’s Day is a much bigger deal when you’re single…when you’re “taken”, really it’s just kind of a”should we do something” day? at least for us anyway. 🙂

And please don’t take this the wrong/ think this is a crappy/ mean/ snide comment, but just to give Valentine’s Day a different perspective….a good friend of mine from college is burying her father (he wasn’t even 50 yet) on Saturday. I don’t know, it’s just made me kind of think a little differently of the holiday/ my loved ones.

23 Sarah February 12, 2009 at 5:24 pm

i know, i want Friday night to be here already, too!!

I AM single (sometimes I think permanently because I actually like it), but I still love getting into the Valentine’s Day spirit. One of my married friends is having a couple of us over on Saturday morning for a run and homemade waffles and ice cream. I can’t wait!

pen inventory … awesome.

24 Kristine February 12, 2009 at 5:43 pm

I’m single and i’m going out to dinner with my parents and my brother and his girlfriend!! HAHA!! I am totally okay with this because I bought myself a delicious dark chocolate truffle bar from Trader Joe’s! OH the joys of being single!! 🙂 🙂

25 ksgoodeats February 12, 2009 at 6:03 pm

I got those Quaker samples and I agree – it’s like eating air!

I’ve never been into Vday! I think something is wrong with me haha!

26 Sarah February 12, 2009 at 6:24 pm

I’m the same way with labels now. I think that’s why I didn’t use a mix for my cupcakes we baked today. Thanks for answering my question as to why I am a prepackaged food snob!!!

27 Red Head, Yellow Dog February 12, 2009 at 6:26 pm

that lunch looks so good! and I see that heart plate ms. anti-valentine’s day 😉 As a good frined of mine said to me once: “Happy worst holiday ever”

28 Mica February 12, 2009 at 6:56 pm

I’m glad your lunch made up for those creepy rice cakes!

29 elise February 12, 2009 at 7:24 pm

mmm…choc covered air, how appetizing! haha. as for the delish looking soup – where can i get that recipe? it looks so tasty!

30 Hangry Pants February 12, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Label ignorance might be bliss, but like you, I am totally grossed out now!

Your Valentine’s plans sound fun. Don’t lose count of the pens. 😀

31 Melissa S. February 12, 2009 at 9:25 pm

single lady here, going to spend her vday out on an airboat getting dirty and burnt. now how is that for a holiday like that (where i’m supposed to look all pretty and dressed up!?)

32 Diana (Soap & Chocolate) February 12, 2009 at 10:41 pm

I do have a boyfriend and we’re going out to dinner tomorrow night, but I’m ditching him for an all-girls Valentine party Saturday night, preceeded by a hot date with my (female) roomate! That’s how I roll. 🙂

33 Marianne February 13, 2009 at 2:47 am

It’s one of my good friend’s birthday on V-Day, so we’ll be having a partay that night. I’m used to being single on V-Day, so it’s all good.