I know I used the same excuse yesterday, but today has been insanely crazy and busy as well. I’m hoping *crossing fingers* that tomorrow will be a little bit back to normal. 🙂
I do have fun results from the Blogging Bake Sale on Monday!
Here are the FINAL totals for everyone’s goods:
- Gina’s Macaroons (3 batches total): $210
- Heather’s Olive Oil Muffins: $30
- Ashley’s Maple Banana Cornbread: $36
- VeggieGIrl’s Custom Blondies (2 Batches Total): $80
- Jasmine’s Custom Blondies: $22
- Tami’s Whoopee Pies: $30
- Andrea’s Banana Apple Bread: $20
- Ashley’s Tiger Butter: $30
- Caitlin’s Gingerbread Hearts: $25
- Vani’s Superfood Granola: $25
- Aimee’s Banana Peanut Butter Cookies: $30
- Kath’s Custom Bread: $75
- Heather’s Mixed Brown Bread: $20
- Stacey’s Whole Wheat Challah Bread: $45
- Andrea’s Chocolate Chip Cookies (2 Batches): $75
- Nicole’s Vegan Carrot Cake Whoopee Pies: $51
- Victoria’s Chocolate Covered Cashew Toffee: $40
- Tina’s Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf: $35
- Beadie’s Best Fudge Brownies: $26
- Amanda’s Brownie Toffee Hearts: $30
- Sammie’s Mocha Fudge Brownies: $30
- Mel’s Banana Oatmeal Bread: $25
- Mel’s Blackout Cookie’s: $25
- Shannon’s Snowballs: $25
- Jasmine’s Granola Bars: $25
- Heather’s Chocolate Peppermint Cloud Cookies: $20
- Ryan’s Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies: $50
- Ashley’s Cranberry Crunch Granola Bars: $25
- Sarah’s Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Cookies: $50
- Maggie’s THumbprint Cookies: $20
- Alexia’s Kalamata Olive Bread: $20
- Jenna’s Oatmeal Bread: $50
- Meredith’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies: $20
- TOTAL: $1320
That’s right the total comes to $1320!! WOW!!!
All of the winners of bids have been notified and I have given them 24 hours to make their donations. If after the 24 hours the donations have not gone through I will contact the next highest bidder to take over. So some of you may still have goodies coming… wait and see!
And since this Bake Sale was such a success I may or may not be conducting another on at the end of March. Would anyone be interested in that?!?!?
Alright now back to my regular schedule blogging. I still have so many fun things to tell you guys. 🙂
FIrst off I had a midmorning snack of a Raspberry Chocolate Kashi Bar while sifting through a huge pile of work.
My Supervisor and Co-Worker took me out for a belated Birthday lunch today. I’m so sad my birthday is inching farther and farther away. 🙁
I voted we go to Ethos Vegan Kitchen for something fun and different. I wanted to change their Chipolte ways for the day.
I ordered the What’s the Dilly, Philly?Sautéed marinated seitan with onions, red and green peppers, mozzarella cheese, and veganaise.
I asked for Tortilla Chips with Salsa on the side.
The flavor of the sandwich was there and was good, but the sandwich was overall really greasy. I remember the last time I went to Ethos, Melissa ordered the Portobello Sandwich and complained about the buttery, greasiness. I should have realized it wasn’t just that sandwich but probably all of the ones that come with the wheat bread. My co-worker ordered a sandwich with the French Bread and it looked fine. I will have to remember that for next time.
My supervisor ordered the pizza with Red Peppers, Banana Peppers and Onions.
I had a small slice of her pizza and really enjoyed the sweetness of the tomato sauce. But again the pizza was a little greasy for my taste.
Then because we were celebrating my birthday, my supervisor got cookies for the table.
I had the Double Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie and really enjoyed it. It was made with dark chocolate and was not very sweet, just like I like it.
The rest of work flew by this afternoon. It was great.
Dinner was an old favorite my old college roommate taught me to make.
I started with catfish and coated it with Olive Oil, Seafood Seasoning, Salt and Pepper. Then chopped up Onion, Green Tomato, and Lemon Slices. I wrapped it all in Aluminum Foil and baked at 375 for 30 minutes.
This is a very easy meal where the fish comes out moist and the Green Tomato and Onion are flavorful.
I laid the fish and veggies atop some Harvest Autumn Orzo. It was a wonderful, tasty meal.
Part of my Team in Training included a shoe clinic at the local shoe place, Track Shack. I was in desperate need for new shoes so I attended to learn a few things and take advantage of the discount.
Check out my old shoes. The heels had worn down to nothing.
I learned quite a bit tonight. Most importantly I have a wide foot, prefer a flexible shoe, do not like gel cushions and even though I wear a size 7 or 7 1/2 in other shoes, I need an 8 for tennis shoes.
This is what I ended up with. Aren’t they pretty?
The guy said the color of the shoes should be the least important thing to consider when buying new shoes, but I don’t care I like pretty shoes! 🙂 Don’t worry I did try on several shoes and ran around the store a few times until I found these worked best.
Here’s the shoe stats.
I can’t wait to take them for a test run tomorrow!! Hopefully these babies will carry me through my training for my marathon!
When I got home I grabbed a handful of Teddy Grahams and TJ Peanut Butter Cups to give me something sweet.
Now Its time for bed! Stay tune tomorrow morning. I have a little giveaway planned to thank all of you for all of your support with my Team in Training efforts. You guys are the best and deserve the chance at something fun! 🙂