More Colorado Fun!

by Meghann on February 3, 2009

It was another perfect day in Brecekenridge! The wind had died down a considerable amount, which made the chair lift rides much more enjoyable. A great day of sking topped with a Denver Reader meet up, I say this day was a success. πŸ™‚

My morning started nice and early again today. That’s right I was up at 6:30 again! Oh well, at least I’m making the most of my mornings.

My Dad made one of my favorites this morning. Sausage Gravy and Biscuits!

DSCN0146.JPG

I had my Biscuit and Gravy with 1 scrambled egg and a berry mix of Strawberries, Blackberries, & Blueberries.

Usually a daily dose of these heavy breakfasts would leave me feeling heavy and dragging, but they really are the best fuel for a day of nonstop skiing. I am guessing I’m burning between 1000-1500 calories a day on the slopes so I need all the extra fuel I can get. Especially for a day like today!

My Twin Bro finally made it out here around Midnight last night. He is a hard core skier, so of course he led us into trouble all day.

DSCN0149.JPG

Our second or third run of the day we decided to try this hidden run off of Peak 10, which led us to very steep moguls where this was our only option.DSCN0153.JPG

Nothing but black diamonds for us, this was pretty much the mantra the rest of the day.

Look at my Brother go.

DSCN0150.JPG

After a couple of hardcore runs I decided to snack on a TJ’s Nut and Fruit Bar that Heather had sent me.

DSCN0156.JPG

This bar was yuck! I had one bite and had to spit it out right there on the chair lift. I made sure no one was skiing underneath me first and gave the guy who was sitting next to me quite a laugh.

After that fiasco, we stopped at Ten Mile Station and my twin Bro and I split a Chocolate Brownie Clif Bar.

DSCN0160.JPG

This was MUCH better.

DSCN0161.JPG

We then decided this would be the perfect time to make it to the top of the mountain. It had been too windy the past couple of days to make the trip to the top, but today was PERFECT.

DSCN0165.JPG

And the views were SPECTACULAR from that high!

DSCN0169.JPG

The bowls coming down off the top were pretty amazing too.

DSCN0170.JPG

That little ant is my cousin Jenny kicking butt on her way down.

Let me tell you those trails were a work out! My quads and calves were killing me and ready for a much deserved break. We went back to the condo, where my Mom had burgers waiting for us.

DSCN0171.JPG

I immediately dove in to this little Burger topped with Tomato, Onion, Lettuce and Ketchup. I also enjoyed some Cauliflower on the side.

My mom had also baked some brownies for dessert so I indulged in my favorite cut of the pan, a wonderful crusty corner piece.

DSCN0172.JPG

Soo good!

We spent the rest of the afternoon going all out on the mountain.

DSCN0175.JPG

It was a great last day of skiing for my cousin and her husband as they are sadly on their way back to Colorado Springs. (Miss you guys already!)

When I made it back to the condo I had a single serving cup of Kashi H2H.

DSCN0178.JPG

I feel like a bottomless pit with all of this extra energy I’m burning!

I was Very, Very excited for my dinner plans tonight. I was able to organize a Denver Blogger Meet up in the small town of Idaho Springs, a half way point between Brekenridge and Denver.

After a poll of good eats in Idaho Springs the majority suggested Beau Jo’s a wonderful little pizza place with a crazy menu and a health minded philosophy. I was sold!

DSCN0188.JPG

At first I was very nervous on meeting these lovely ladies, I’ll have to admit sometimes I can get a bit of shy in a crowd, but these ladies were all amazing and of course we all had so much in common and so much to talk about. In fact as we were leaving they were were exchanging e-mail addresses and I was a little sad that I wouldn’t be able to hang out them on a regular basis. At least I know I will always have a great group of girls to hang out with whenever I’m in Denver!

DSCN0186.JPG

From left to right Lindsay (Laughing Lindsay), Kaneil (Balance is Best), Kathleen, Me, & Melissa.

The pizza was of course AMAZING! The menu was so large with so many great choices that it took forever for us all to decide what we were getting and our minds changed more then once.

I ended up sharing a Medium Pizza with Melissa.

DSCN0180.JPG

We decided on a pick your own topping pizza. We ordered the Honey Wheat Thin Crust with Kalamata Olives, Red Roasted Peppers, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Tofu, & Mushrooms. On my side I just had Feta, but Melissa asked for Part Skim Mozzarella & Feta on her side.

I ate all four tiny slices of my side and they were good!

DSCN0183.JPG

I also could not resist the tempting pizza my Dad ordered.

DSCN0182.JPG

He ordered the Skier Mike, which was almost all bread!

I had a single slice and enjoyed the extra doughy yummy crust.

DSCN0184.JPG

It was almost like eating a slice of pizza bread.

Kaneil was so sweet and brought me a little gift.

DSCN0179.JPG

She gave me some travel packets of Justin’s Almond Butter (who apparently is a Boulder native!), a Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar and a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Clif Bar.

DSCN0190.JPG

These goodies are going to be PERFECT for on the go convience while sking this week! THANK YOU so much Kaneil! Now I am just so sad I didn’t bring anything to share as well.

It was worth the trip to Idaho Springs to meet these ladies and I want to Thank each of them for meeting me half way, especially Melissa who suggested the meet up in the first pace. And of course my wonderful Dad who drove me and sat through a whole dinner conversation of health, food, fitness and blogs. πŸ™‚

Wow am I tired and stuffed with pizza! Its way past my bedtime and we have another fun filled day planned with a trip to Vail in teh forecast, I better go and rest up. Good night!

1 angiismyname February 4, 2009 at 12:25 am

You guys are crazy! I don’t think I could ever ski off the top of a mountain. Tell my mommy I miss her.

2 Maggie February 4, 2009 at 12:49 am

Skiing is definitely amazing exercise! You might even be burning more than that. Lovely eats πŸ™‚

3 sarahannmatheny February 4, 2009 at 2:26 am

The mountain looks beautiful!

I’m with you on the brownies. Apparently the make pans that are specially shaped so that they are all “corner” pieces. I need one and so do you!

Glad you are having such a fun time with the fam!

4 Erica February 4, 2009 at 7:10 am

How fun!!!!!! I really need to do some of these blogger meet ups? How long are you in Colorado for?

5 caitlin February 4, 2009 at 7:33 am

dude, you are so NOT SHY in groups. hahaha that comment made me spit out my coffee!

i miss you sooooooooo much. i cant wait to see you for your birthday on sunday!! it’s going to be a blasty!!

yay for blogger meet up! the ladies look so cute.

6 VeggieGirl February 4, 2009 at 7:41 am

BEYOND FREAKING FABULOUS FUN!!!

7 Shelby February 4, 2009 at 7:51 am

The mountain is beautiful…but I’m getting nervous just by looking at the pictures! I have a fear of heights…=/

What a cute gift! All the favorites, WCMN Clif bar!!!

8 Erin February 4, 2009 at 7:53 am

That pizza looks soooo good!
Glad you are having fun!

9 Ryan February 4, 2009 at 7:54 am

What an eventful day!!! All of that pizza looks amazingly gooey and tasty! Yummm.

Seeing the recap of your blogger meet-up made me so excited for your birthday! Yay! Enjoy the rest of your time in Breckenridge!

10 gina (fitnessista) February 4, 2009 at 8:10 am

what a fun blogger meet up! and i love the little package of goodies kaneil gave you- so cute!
enjoy the rest of your trip!! <3

11 Beadie February 4, 2009 at 8:19 am

Yay for blogger meet ups!!

My favorite part of the brownie is the corner too followed by the very middle.

12 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 4, 2009 at 8:19 am

The blogger meet up looks like it was great! I would be ALL over that doughy pizza. YUM. Oh. and the best part of the brownies is DEFINITELY the crusty corner.

13 Mica February 4, 2009 at 8:25 am

This sounds like a ridiculously fun trip. No joke though–I got the heebie jeebies looking at the intense skiing because I am afraid of going fast on anything (skiis, rollercoasters, cars, etc.)

Yay for the blogger meet up. Now just come to central IL…where there are no hills for skiing. Boo!

14 Nicole February 4, 2009 at 8:49 am

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos! It looks like you are having an incredible time.

Blog meetups are so much fun! All you ladies are so pretty!

15 Andrea [bella eats] February 4, 2009 at 8:54 am

What a great trip you’re having! I’m pretty jealous of all the skiing you’re doing, I haven’t been in 10+ years! I miss it, and I always hear about the great trips that our dads take together. Tell all the family hello for me!

And, awesome blogger meet-up! I’m going to be in Orlando in a couple of weeks to go wedding dress shopping with my best friend…maybe we can have a blogger/cousin meet-up finally!

16 caitlin February 4, 2009 at 9:07 am

oh and PS – everytime i look at beautiful mountain shots, i fear for my camera’s safety πŸ˜€

17 Elina February 4, 2009 at 9:30 am

Gorgeous pics of the slopes!
Great job on fueling your body for intense skiing πŸ™‚

18 marafaye February 4, 2009 at 9:32 am

You look like you are having SUCH a good time!!!

19 kaneil February 4, 2009 at 9:39 am

Cute pic! I should’ve asked your sweet Dad to take one with my camera. Oh well! I had a great time last night! I hope that you got enough rest and are enjoying another awesome day on the slopes!

Hold onto that camera!!! πŸ™‚

Kaneil, balanceisbest.wordpress.com

20 Dori February 4, 2009 at 9:45 am

The pizza looks amazing, I am craving some now! Glad you’re having a great time!

21 fitforfree February 4, 2009 at 9:51 am

I am so jealous of your skiing adventures! have a great day tomorrow!

22 brandi February 4, 2009 at 10:12 am

Yay for meet ups! Looks like fun πŸ™‚

23 dailygoods February 4, 2009 at 10:20 am

what a fun meetup! that is so much fun! you look like youre having such a wonderful time!!

24 Andrea (Off Her Cork) February 4, 2009 at 10:25 am

Oh my goodness those mountains are amazing! And hello pizza, that looks fantastic! Awesome meet-up!

25 Sara February 4, 2009 at 10:30 am

Holy moly that pizza looks amazing! πŸ™‚

26 Bec February 4, 2009 at 10:33 am

Wow it looks like you are having a terrific ski vacation with your fam! I can’t wait till spring break (a week and 1/2!) for my ski trip. Enjoy the rest of your time in Denver πŸ™‚

27 bobbi February 4, 2009 at 10:48 am

wow that pizza looks freaking amazing!

28 Caitlin February 4, 2009 at 10:49 am

I love your ski recaps! I am going to Vermont at the end of the month with my family and I cannot wait! We go once ever 2 years! so fun!

enjoy the rest of your trip

29 Meg February 4, 2009 at 10:53 am

What a great meet-up! Look at that pizza! YUM!

30 Kelly February 4, 2009 at 11:08 am

Bring me back a Clif peppermint stick! They look good. Looks like you guys had a beautiful day on the mountain. The sun is shining so nice and bright. I love the blog updates on the vacation. You are probably out on the mountain now skiing down a slope or on a chair lift.

31 Sharon February 4, 2009 at 11:09 am

What a spectacular time you are having!! Mmmm pizza!

32 Missy (Missy Maintains) February 4, 2009 at 11:14 am

Wow both pizzas look so great!! So jealous of the blogger meet up!!

33 Melissa P. February 4, 2009 at 11:35 am

I am so bummed. I did not know that you were doing a meet up in CO. I would have been there in a second… Next time I guess.
Have you been to the crepe stand in Breck yet? You need to go.

34 Victoria February 4, 2009 at 11:52 am

That looks like so much fun. And that doughy pizza your dad got looks yuymmy too!

35 ksgoodeats February 4, 2009 at 11:55 am

Aw how fun!! Your dad’s pizza is OUT OF CONTROL fabulous πŸ™‚

36 Melissa P. February 4, 2009 at 12:44 pm

My prior comment did not show up, but I am so bummed about missing the meet up. I totally would have driven to Idaho Springs…

37 Broccoli Girl February 4, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Ouch! I hope Heather wasn’t offended by your review of her bar.

38 ttfn300 February 4, 2009 at 2:57 pm

gorgeous views!! and what fun with the meetup πŸ™‚

39 Marianne February 4, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Your dad’s pizza looks insane! I bet it tastes awesome though. Looks like a fun blog meet up πŸ˜€

40 Sarah February 4, 2009 at 3:45 pm

the corner piece of brownie is my favorite, too! mmmm.
i’m so impressed by all your skiing — i’m an absolute disaster on the slopes.

and that pizza you ordered looks incredible. glad the blog meetup was fun!

41 Heather Eats Almond Butter February 4, 2009 at 3:52 pm

What a fun blogger meet up…your dad’s pizza crust looked amazing. Talk about major carb coma – yum!

So glad you’re enjoying your Breckenridge holiday. It looks so beautiful Meghann. And kudos to you for all those Black Diamonds. Impressive!

PS – I love the brownie corner crusties too. πŸ™‚

42 snackface February 4, 2009 at 3:59 pm

What a beautiful atmoshpere! It looks like you’re having a blast! You’re a baller for being able to tackle those Black Diamonds (I’m terrified of skiing/heights). Can’t wait to see Vale!

43 Melissa February 4, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Okay so have I mentioned HOW FREAKIN’ JEALOUS I AM?????? I am obsessed with skiing but no one else in my family skis πŸ™

That looks/sounds like such a fun blog meet up!!!

44 Melissa G February 4, 2009 at 5:26 pm

It was so fun meeting you and the other girls last night!! I wish I was skiing up there with you… stupid work gets in the way of everything! But it is like 65 in Denver so I’m gonna go run in a little bit when I get off… Keep riding those moguls and eat leftover pizza- ah sounds so fun! πŸ™‚
Melissa

45 kilax February 4, 2009 at 5:54 pm

I still can’t get over how beautiful it is there! Wow!

I love your brother’s hat πŸ™‚

Meeting with bloggers is the best. It makes reading their blog so much more fun!

46 Summer Slim February 4, 2009 at 6:09 pm

id love to try that chocolate peppermint stick luna bar too!! now i need to find a place that sells them!

47 biz319 February 4, 2009 at 6:42 pm

Um, I would have been all over your dad’s pizza – yum!!

The scenery (sp?) is absolutely breathe taking! Glad the winds died down too!

48 HangryPants February 4, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I am sorry about the bar! Mark doesn’t like it either. He prefers the chocolate one.

Anyway, what a fun blogger meet up! Your pizza and your dad’s pizza look delicious!

49 Bridget February 4, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Looks like such an awesome time!! I’ve never been skiing, but you are making me want to go.

50 Trust, Hope, Believe February 4, 2009 at 9:35 pm

Looks like you are having a BLAST! omg the black diamonds are sooo scary! I went skiing for the first time this year and the easy slope crossed over with the black diamond and I almost went down! I was like freaking out! haha

Glad you had fun at your blogger meet up πŸ™‚

51 eatingbirdfood February 5, 2009 at 10:44 am

I used to love biscuits and gravy- it reminds me of my childhood.

Blogger meet ups are so fun!!!