more ยป" />

Live from Colorado

by Meghann on January 31, 2009

We made it!! I am now blogging live from Breckenridge, Colorado. ๐Ÿ™‚

Check out the view from our condo!

DSCN0057.JPG

That’s right Ski In – Ski Out accommodations, nothing but the best for my family. ๐Ÿ™‚

It has been a long day getting here and I feel like I have been eating all day. The travel & time change has really thrown off my eating schedule and all I want to to do is snack.

I started with the fruit cup at the start of the plane ride and somewhere in the middle I pulled out a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Luna Tea Cake while viewing the second disc of My So Called Life on the Mac.

DSCN0024.JPG

I really enjoyed this bar and held me over the rest of the flight.

I would like to point out how similar mine and my Dad’s foot attire was in traveling. ๐Ÿ™‚

DSCN0030.JPG

When we landed food was the only thing on my mind. Even though it wasn’t even 10:00am Colorado time, it was lunch time back home and that’s what my stomach was telling me.

We stopped at Wolf Gang Puck and got a quick bite to eat before we picked up our luggage.

I shared a Spinach & Gorgonzola Salad & Butternut Squash Soup with my Dad.

DSCN0027.JPG

Here’s my portion of the salad with dressing on the side and I ate about 75% of the soup.

DSCN0028.JPG

I also had 1/2 of one of my Mom’s Chicken Tenders.

DSCN0029.JPG

On the way out of Denver we made a few pit stops.

First up was the Red Rocks Amphitheatre, which even though I have been to Denver over a dozen times I have never seen the Red Rocks.

DSCN0033.JPG

It was in the mid 60s in Denver and the sun was shining bright so there were quite a few health nuts enjoying the weather with some amazing work outs.

DSCN0036.JPG

The funny part is when we were leaving the Red Rocks, I flipped through my Self Magazine and saw that this month’s featured work out was photographed in the Red Rocks!

DSCN0038.JPG

I have to admit I was a bit jealous of all the runners running up and down the stairs and sweating it up, so I did my fair share of stair climbing as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

It was a beautiful sight and I know if I was a local this would be my top spot for runs, bike rides and stair climbs.

After Red Rocks I snacked on an Apple in the car.

DSCN0051.JPG

We hit up a grocery store before we made it to Breck and I decided to sample one of Starbucks new Tea Lattes.

DSCN0054.JPG

I tried the Non-Fat Vanilla Ro…. flavor. At first the girl thought I was ordering a regular latte, which I was afraid was going to happen. Luckily I noticed it before she handed it to me and she made me the proper drink.

I really enjoyed it. I usually don’t like to drink calories, but this is nice for a treat every once in a while. And plus since I don’t drink coffee I never get to order fun drinks at Starbucks and now I feel I do. ๐Ÿ™‚

When we made it to the condo I was hungry again so I had a piece of Publix Granola Bark.

DSCN0056.JPG

We went into town and I got some ski boots and demo skis to test out on the mountain tomorrow.

We’re lucky that the condo we have has a kitchen so we can make great homemade meals while on the vacation. It’s also handy with the ski in- ski out location so we can come to the condo for lunch instead of eating junk on the mountain all week.

Tonight’s dinner was a collabaration between my Dad and I.

DSCN0063.JPG

He made the wonderful Salmon and I oven roasted some Acorn Squash on the side. We threw together a last minute salad of lettuce and tomatoes as well.

It was a great dinner that left me fueled up for tomorrow. ๐Ÿ™‚

I also had three of Heather’s Ricotta Chocolate Chip Cookies that snuck into my mouth after I had already uploaded all of the pics from the day.

Now I am EXHAUSTED! TIme to rest up, there’s suspose to be snow tomorrow, which means fresh power!!

Good night!

1 Meg January 31, 2009 at 9:59 pm

It looks so beautiful there! Have fun and enjoy!

2 Katherine January 31, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Have a fabulous day of skiing tomorrow! I would love to enjoy some fresh powder! I always loved family ski vacations.

I will be thinking about the fresh powder while I study tomorrow! ha-ha

Katherine

3 Shelby January 31, 2009 at 10:06 pm

The pictures are gorgeous!!! ENJOY!

4 Brandi January 31, 2009 at 10:10 pm

so beautiful!!! have fun!

5 ttfn300 January 31, 2009 at 10:20 pm

lovely!! have a great vacation ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Sarah January 31, 2009 at 10:22 pm

We were in Breck over new years and had 6 in fresh powder on our last day. It was amazing! Have a wonderful time. I highly recommend peak 7 if you have a chance to get over there!

7 Ryan January 31, 2009 at 10:24 pm

Wow, amazing!!! I love that Red Rocks theater location! The stairs are always a great running workout! I tried that SB Vanilla Rooibos a few weeks ago and also that it was really good…especially for a tea drink, which until now has only consisted of Chai in Starbucks land. Have fun tomorrow!

8 Rachel January 31, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Your pictures make me jealous! I used to live in CO and I haven’t been back in far too long. And the socks-and-sandals pic made me LOL. Have a great vacay!

9 Laughing Lindsay January 31, 2009 at 10:44 pm

I love that you’re already enjoying some of the best parts of Colorado! Red Rocks is incredible! One of my friends just got married there. I have yet to get a work out there but your pictures just inspired me to get on it already!
I second that your flipflops with socks was hilarious! Take the Floridian out of Florida but not the Florida out of the girl!
Have a BLAST on the slopes tomorrow. I’m glad we got some fresh powder for your arrival. Our version of rolling out the red carpet.

Can’t wait to see you on Tuesday!

10 Trust, Hope, Believe January 31, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Looks like you have a lot of fun planned ahead!

11 jenngirl January 31, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Beautiful photos! I’ve never been skiing, but that snow sure does sound amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

Have fun!

12 Molly January 31, 2009 at 10:54 pm

you are so brave! I would never go skiing ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Meredith January 31, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Wow! Colorado looks gorgeous (but cold!)! I tried the vanilla rooibos last night, with soy and sugar-free vanilla instead of the classic syrup. So yummy! Hope you have tons of fun on your vacation!

14 Olga January 31, 2009 at 11:07 pm

The view from your condo is gorgeous! Have an awesome ski trip =]

15 kilax January 31, 2009 at 11:32 pm

We are trying skiing for the first time in Colorado next month! I can’t wait to read about your adventure! I can’t believe how warm it is there. That sounds so nice ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Kelsey January 31, 2009 at 11:42 pm

wow! such a beautiful view, that I am very jealous of ๐Ÿ˜› the dinner is totally something I would love!

17 Melissa G January 31, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Now you know why I live here!! I’m so glad you guys got to enjoy the awesome weather today and went to Red Rocks to see how us locals live life here ๐Ÿ™‚ I was skiing at Winter Park today and it was amazing! Can’t wait to meet you on Tuesday!!!
Melissa

18 Hangry Pants January 31, 2009 at 11:50 pm

I can’t believe those cookies are still alive and kicking!

It looks so beautiful there! Whenever I hear Red Rocks I think of Dave Matthews. Have a wonderful time.

Oh, and are you in love with Jordan Catalano right now?

19 Nicole February 1, 2009 at 12:14 am

I’m glad you made it there safe! It looks so beautiful there! Have a fabulous day tomorrow!

20 marafaye February 1, 2009 at 12:26 am

I’m so beyond jealous that you’re at Breck!!! I LOVED it there even though I don’t ski!

If you happen to make it back to Denver for a meal, try to go to a restaurant called Mirepoix. It’s in the City Center Marriot and its one of the best restaurants I’ve ever been to!!!

21 Sharon February 1, 2009 at 1:02 am

Wow, what an awesome time!
And socks + sandals? lol!

22 Mica February 1, 2009 at 1:33 am

Oooh, you’re there safely! I’ve never heard of that amphitheater, but it looks very cool.

Have a great time being a snow bunny with your family!

23 Kristie February 1, 2009 at 1:40 am

You guys have such an awesome resting spot, loving the view! I wish I skiied more. I’ve only ever been twice in my life… it’s so darn fun! One of these days I want to go on a hardcore ski trip like that…

The red rocks seems like an awesome place to exercise too. Look at all those lovely thigh pumping stairs. Woo!

Haha have a fun trip!

24 sarahannmatheny February 1, 2009 at 1:43 am

I am so paranoid about drink orders like that. “You got sugar free, righ?t” “Nonfat, right?” I’m sure I’ve ticked off more than one barista!

Have a great ski tomorrow!

25 Kelly February 1, 2009 at 8:36 am

I’m so jealous! Looks like you guys are having fun. I want to be skiing! I almost forgot Liz was going until I saw her in the pics. Hey Liz! That red rock thing was Cool! How come we have never been?

26 caitlin February 1, 2009 at 8:37 am

it looks really cool there!! im so jealous. i hope you stay nice and warm and enjoy burning tons of calories skiing ๐Ÿ˜€

27 gina (fitnessista) February 1, 2009 at 8:45 am

even though i haaaaaate the snow and cold, the pictures of it are gorgeous!
hope you’re having a blasty ๐Ÿ˜€

28 Heather Eats Almond Butter February 1, 2009 at 9:35 am

The view from your condo looks amazing. Colorado – I love it. My husband and I are moving there if we ever sell our house here in Nashville. We just lowered the price, so hopefully we’ll get an offer soon! I can’t wait to breathe in that fresh mountain air every day!

Red Rocks – isn’t that the coolest place? I saw a concert there once, but I didn’t know you could exercise there. What a great atmosphere for a workout. I’m glad you got in a few stairs. Have a wonderful day of skiiing Meghann!

29 Dori February 1, 2009 at 9:44 am

Seriously, how are you making Heather’s cookies last so long?? I have such a weakness, I eat everything right away if I know it’s there… have fun in Colorado!

30 Erin D. February 1, 2009 at 9:58 am

I’m so jealous! I would loooooove to go snowboarding in Colorado. I’m usually limited to the Poconos and the occasional Vermont trip. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great time!

31 kaneil February 1, 2009 at 10:03 am

WOW – so you’ve done more in CO than I have and I live here! I’ve never been to Red Rocks (even though I’m dying to go) and I haven’t had a chance to go skiing yet.

Have a blast and I will see you Tuesday night! Yessss, I am going! email me if you guys make any changes to the plans: kaneilk@gmail.com

Kaneil
balanceisbest.wordpress.com

32 Melissa S. February 1, 2009 at 10:39 am

have a great time! it looks like you’re having a blast already!

and yes, whyyyyyy did you have to go away the one night i come up to orlando w/ my coworkers to go club hopping? we ended up going to…somewhere that started w/ a T…or an L? but ended up meeting some people who got us hooked up to getting into Bliss for free. and when we want to go clubbing again, we exchanged #’s w/ a girl who works at Vixen (or something like that) who would put us on the guest/VIP list! yeahhhh! look forward to that too!

33 biz319 February 1, 2009 at 10:51 am

Looks like good eats to me! Nice to have a kitchen on vacation so at least all your meals aren’t at restaurants!

34 Sarah February 1, 2009 at 10:53 am

That’s funny about you and your dad — but socks and sandals??!! Ewwww!

35 Beadie February 1, 2009 at 10:54 am

I must say, I have never seen rainbows with socks before ๐Ÿ™‚

Looks like you are having a great time so far!!!

36 Victoria February 1, 2009 at 11:35 am

Gorgeous! Cool you went to the Red Rocks. That’s one of my favorite places in Denver. I love Colorado. Enjoy skiing!

37 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 1, 2009 at 11:36 am

How gorgeous! Have so much fun!

38 Anne P February 1, 2009 at 12:15 pm

how fun!!!! have a great time ๐Ÿ™‚ gorgeous pictures of the red rocks! i’m going skiing next weekend here in the czech republic… i can’t wait!

39 elise February 1, 2009 at 12:17 pm

my so called life! yesssssssssssssss

40 ksgoodeats February 1, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Colorado is SOOOO beautiful! Enjoy it ๐Ÿ™‚

41 sweetandnatural February 1, 2009 at 12:42 pm

So fun! Red Rocks is gorgeous. I always think of Dave Matthews when I hear it b/c he has a live album that was recorded there.

You’re getting me excited for my upcoming ski weekend!

42 MaryBe February 1, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I love Colorado! Looks like you are having an awesome time!

43 Kate February 1, 2009 at 1:23 pm

OMG what an amazing view! I want to go there sooo badly-I can’t believe I’ve never been.

44 Sarah February 1, 2009 at 1:54 pm

wow, it’s clearly a great trip so far!! enjoy the fam time and relaxation. i’m jealous!

45 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) February 1, 2009 at 7:27 pm

1) Breckenridge looks AMAZING!!! I keep telling Ross I want to go. ๐Ÿ™‚

2) You sure will be seeing my face next weekend!! So excited! We’re prob. gonna meet up with some old friends/ Ross’ family in the afternoon. What time are you planning on dinner at Seasons52? No rush, just let me know sometime before then! ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy skiing!!

46 dailygoods February 1, 2009 at 9:24 pm

WOW your pics look amazing. So extremely beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚ glad you’re having such an amazing time! i wish I was on vacation! lucky girl ๐Ÿ™‚ enjoy!!

47 Hangry Pants December 14, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Yep, that’s hot.

48 Jane December 4, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Hi Meghan,
My name is Jane and I’m with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Peak 7 to share on our site and I came across your post…If you’re open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you ๐Ÿ™‚