more ยป" />

Less then Three More hours..

by Meghann on January 30, 2009

โ€ฆbut, really whose counting? Oh Wait, I AM! ๐Ÿ™‚

In other news my Dad joined Facebook today (Hi Dad!). How many others out there are friends with your parents on Facebook? What about grandparents?

None of my Grandparents have jumped on the Facebook bandwagon yet, but my parents have taken a liking to it. My Mom enjoys reading what Iโ€™m up to, what my friends are saying about me and skimming all the photos Iโ€™m tagged in. Since I have no secrets with my parents, if you know me you know I hate secrets and am awful at keeping them (Iโ€™m such a blabber mouth), I welcome them to Facebook and only wish they would have joined sooner. You know how many times they told me to โ€˜e-mail them copies of photos;โ€™ having them steal them from my Facebook is sooo much easier.

So Welcome to Facebook Dad, Iโ€™m sure Mom is glad to finally have you stop leaving funny comments under her name! ๐Ÿ™‚

First of all I sampled the other Quaker True Delightโ€™s Bar I first reviewed yesterday.

DSCN0003

Today I tried the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond Flavor. As good as this was I think preferred the Honey Roasted Cashew Mixed Berry bar from yesterday. This one just had too much of an overwelming fruit flavor that I donโ€™t care for in bars. But if you like fruity bars then you will probably enjoy this one. Itโ€™s just a personal preference.

Lunch was had at my desk since I am leaving on the earlier side.

DSCN0009

My desk is crazy messy at the moment so please forgive me!

For the main part of my meal I started with a bed of Spinach that I topped with Green Onions, Left Over Roasted Veggies, and a big glob of Jalapeno Sabra Hummus (which are 2 for $5 this week at Publix!)

DSCN0004

The hummus had a great kick to it. YUM! And of course you can never go wrong with roasted veggies, they are always still yummy the next day.

On the side I had a Tangerine and a piece of Whole Wheat Toast.

DSCN0005

I always consider a lunch a success when I get some smirks from co-workers as I prepare it in the kitchen. One co-worker was particularly interested in the hummus on the roasted veggies, I told him to trust me it was good!

Now I have some work to finish up here, then Iโ€™m heading to the parentโ€™s house to drop Abbie off for a week of play with her Uncle Scooby.

1 fitforfree January 30, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I had spinach salad with sabra’s hummus (and tempeh) for lunch yesterday โ€” LOVE the combo of spinach and hummus!

2 Dori January 30, 2009 at 1:14 pm

My mom joined Facebook so she can see pictures of my brother and I’ve found myself blocking her access to a couple albums just so she doesn’t start grilling me on who everyone is — but Facebook is the only way she knows how to get to my blog!

3 rebecca January 30, 2009 at 1:20 pm

My parents have not made the facebook leap yet, but my grandmother has!!! Its a little odd seeing someones profile with a birthdate in the 1930’s!!!

4 biz319 January 30, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Hope your afternoon goes by fast!

I too get wierd looks from my office kitchen – you think I would inspire them with easy good for you creations, but they continually reach into the deep freeze for their frozen entrees. ~sigh~

My step-son and husband are on facebook, but Hannah and I are not.

5 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) January 30, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Haha…my mom is on facebook! As well as many of my other friends moms. It is too cute!

6 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 30, 2009 at 1:35 pm

My mom just joined facebook and puts bikini pics on there! My dad joined a few weeks late and sent her an email to take off the pictures! My mom does not know a lot about my life so I do not really enjoy her being on there!

Lunch looks so good by the way!

7 brandi January 30, 2009 at 1:35 pm

My parents aren’t on Facebook, and I doubt they’ll ever be. It’s enough to get them to read my blog – let alone leave comments!

8 Sharon January 30, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Haha, my mom has facebook, but she doesn’t go on it! LOL

9 caitlin January 30, 2009 at 1:42 pm

hahha kristien’s grandma is on facebook, it is so weird.

10 VeggieGirl January 30, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Hell yes for the weekend!!! Enjoy!! ๐Ÿ˜€

11 ksgoodeats January 30, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Haha my parents are on facebook too. It weirded me out at first but now I’m okay with it – the only reason I found out they were on it was because my friend told me my mom added her

Is that a heart plate? Cuuuuute!

12 Shelby January 30, 2009 at 2:07 pm

Uhh, my mom got a facebook and at first I thought it was weird. But then she explained that she just used it to get in touch with the rest of my family and my uncle in Iraq…so I’m okay with it. I have myspace so I don’t have to worry about the privacy thing.

13 Sweet and Fit January 30, 2009 at 2:18 pm

your parents on facebook?!?! omg I would not want that at all – plus my parents still have no idea what facebook really is – thank goodness!

14 Betsy in Pittsburgh January 30, 2009 at 2:25 pm

My parents are not on facebook but my mom likes to send me every news article about facebook stuff – identity theft, people getting fired because of scandalous pictures… etc etc…

But my boyfriends 80 year grandpa is on there and most of his aunts & uncles which is fun. ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Rose January 30, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Welcome to your Dad on FB!

I don’t think my parents will ever get on that bandwagon. My stepmother doesn’t even know how to open internet explorer. Crazy, right?

I have secrets, and I like them to be locked away on facebook. Haha ๐Ÿ™‚ My parents do read the blog though – so they get my daily happenings.

16 Amelia January 30, 2009 at 2:34 pm

I just have aunts and uncles on facebook. Thankfully.

Isn’t that Sabra jalapeno hummus good? I think it’s the perfect spicy level.

17 Mara @ What's For Dinner? January 30, 2009 at 2:36 pm

I’m friends with my mom and stepdad on Facebook… and I’ve noticed that I’ve been “watching it” when I post stuff because they might see!

18 lauren January 30, 2009 at 2:39 pm

so cute your parents are on facebook. Mine are not, but i gave my mom my logon info so she could go in and look around whenever she wants. I am an open book too!

19 Marissa January 30, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Ha ha both my parent’s have Facebook. My dad doesn’t really get it though ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Julz January 30, 2009 at 3:14 pm

H000RAAAAYYYY for the weekend! Come to Mama!

And no, my parents are not on Facebook. N0 WAY. Lol… I wouldn’t really be cool with that one. I have aunts who are though… But we’re not “friends”. HA! I laugh so hard at all of this… ๐Ÿ™‚

(My parents also really don’t have the time for it, lol. They both work S0 MUCH (and love it), but really don’t desire to be on facebook during their “free time.” They’d rather be reclining with wine in hand, haha.)

21 Danielle January 30, 2009 at 4:03 pm

A lot of my friends parents have facebook, but not my own. I wouldn’t mind if they did.
Hope you have a safe flight!

22 Victoria January 30, 2009 at 4:14 pm

My mom couldn’t handle facebook. She refers to the blog, as my “blob” and has no idea how to read it. Did I mention she has a degree in computer science? …. from 1976. ๐Ÿ™‚
Have a great vacation!

23 Melissa January 30, 2009 at 4:37 pm

AW, that’s so cute your dad joined facebook!!!! Nope, fat chance of my parents joining ๐Ÿ™ I would LOVE it if they did, but they don’t even read my blog ๐Ÿ™ Very computer illiterate ๐Ÿ™‚ But I still love them!

24 Erin January 30, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Definitely non of my fam is on facebook. I can’t imagine it! That’s a gorgeous salad. I had actually planned a similar lunch but went a different route.

25 redheadyellowdog January 30, 2009 at 5:45 pm

haha I like your outlook on getting weird looks from your coworkers! I always get comments about my lunch. I just tell them they’re missing out ๐Ÿ˜‰

26 Nicole January 30, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Gosh, I love roasted veggies. I’m so obsessed.

My parents are definitely not on facebook! My mom told me that her co-workers want her to join in, but she doesn’t even want to, haha.

27 Elina January 30, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Whoa, friends with parents on facebook?! I would be too scared. Seriously there is nothing weird or secretive on my facebook page, but you never know what may pop up one day… ๐Ÿ™‚
I love Sabra hummus! My husband just discovered it yesterday and it’s his new obsession. He’s so cute! He brought some to work with carrots for a snack, wrote me an email about how amazing it was, then when he got home told me he couldn’t stop thinking about it, so he grabbed the container and whole wheat crackers and got to work ๐Ÿ˜€ hehe

28 luckytastebuds January 30, 2009 at 6:03 pm

mmmm your blog is so fabulous it’s always exciting to return and see what you’re preparing. I love those roasted veggies on the salad with hummus. It’s a fabulous idea!!

29 Erin January 30, 2009 at 6:27 pm

I’m sending your dad a friend request.
Kidding! But how hip is he, seriously?!

30 Marianne January 31, 2009 at 10:49 pm

My dad is on facebook, but I don’t think he uses it. I think one of my aunts is on there as well, but I’m not 100% sure.

And people always make fun of me at work because I bring my lunch every day! They always joke that they need to tell me in advance if they are planning on ordering something, because otherwise I’ll bring my lunch and I never want to waste that food. They also think it’s funny that I bring all these little containers, but I have to keep everything separate until I eat it!