more ยป" />

Stalling from Packing

by Meghann on January 29, 2009

Usually I love to pack for trips. I always start packing days ahead of time, well prepared with different weather forecasts in mind and ideas for quick and easy eats. But for some reason I am just not feeling it this time. Here it is the 8:30 the night before and all I want to do is vege in front of the TV.

I have been forcing myself to pack, telling myself if I do this little part then I can check my e-mail and read one blog (yes, I am obsessed) before moving to the next task. Of course one of those bribes led to an hour of me updating my Itunes, one can never have enough new music to listen to on the plane, right?

What about you? Are you a packing hater or packing lover?

I did manage to pack some yummy snack for the plane ride/ week. This is just the starting off, I know I am going to starve myself sking all day so I plan to stock up on more yummy quick access bars once the plane lands.

DSCN9997.JPG

Like my bags of cereal in the back? ๐Ÿ™‚ I pre-portioned and mixed them for our early morning flights. I am hoping to find some yogurt or fruit in the airport for a complete healthy breakfast as opposed to my family’s usual choice of Burger King or Krispy Kreme.

Heathe r, I also have packed the last of your cookies, which have become quite the little travels. They will have then been consumed in New Jersey, Florida, and Colorado, talk about traveling cookies!

I did get a lot accomplished at work today, I guess that’s where all my energy went.

While I was packing up and hipping tradeshow material for sales reps (those are some heavy boxes!) I snacked on a Trail Mix of sorts.

DSCN9990.JPG

In my half cup container I had some 365 Brand Organic Teddy Grahams, Brazil Nuts, Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal, and 5 TJ Mini PB Cups. Yum!

For dinner I made my favorite go to meal for using up all the veggies in the fridge before I go out of town!

DSCN9995.JPG

I oven roasted a Sweet Potato, Brussel Sprouts, Asparagus, and Indian Eggplants which I coated with some curry seasoning, salt and pepper.

DSCN9996.JPG

I topped the roasted veggies with some Shrimp & Scallops that cooked in Tomato Sauce and then garnished with Green Onion.

Seriously nothing is better then roasted veggies with tomato sauce! This was good. ๐Ÿ™‚

DSCN9999.JPG

And, no, I promise I am not sick of these cookies yet! They are too good!

Now I must talk myself into more packing!

I think the fact that I don’t have a suitcase to pack anything in is what’s throwing me off. I am kind of just shoving everything into an oversized hamper and will transfer it to a real suitcase when I get to my parent’s house tomorrow. Its so not motivating knowing I am going to still have to finish packing another time. Booo..!

Either way, wish me luck!

1 joyful January 29, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Good luck!

2 VeggieGirl January 29, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Oh man, I’m a packing hater and UNpacking hater, haha – best of luck, Meghann! ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Rose January 29, 2009 at 9:15 pm

I HATE packing, but I love unpacking after a trip. Weird, right?

Good luck!

4 Erica January 29, 2009 at 9:21 pm

I usually enjoy packing! All your snackies look too good!

5 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) January 29, 2009 at 9:26 pm

I like to pack snacks…that’s about it. Usually I pack too much of EVERYTHING!!

Dinner looks delish! You are so creative.

6 Laura January 29, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Good luck! I would be so thrown off by not having an actual suitcase in front of me!

I am sort of neutral about packing. I guess I usually don’t mind it because I’m about to go somewhere fun. I HATE unpacking though!

7 glidingcalm January 29, 2009 at 9:41 pm

YESSSSSS! Foodie stashes are the best. That is such a blog world thang. Loves it. My stashes are crazy!

I dont mind packing….but unpacking is gross. Hence why I still have a suitcase and countless cardboard boxes in my room!

YOUR DIN DIN LOOKS DELIGHTFUL!!

have a fabulous evening and tomorrow beautiful Meg!

8 Amy January 29, 2009 at 9:42 pm

I like packing if it’s for a longg time-trip: then i just bring everything. But a short weekend visit is too stressful for picking what to bring! Good luck with it though. Picking and packing foods is always the easiest ๐Ÿ™‚

Lovely dinner! And dessert <3

9 carolinebee January 29, 2009 at 9:47 pm

HA ok so i’m not the only one who uses checking blogs as a REWARD! I seriously will be like, ok if you clean this whole room you can check blogs after! We are so cool!! Dessert after packing is also a good reward ๐Ÿ˜€ Good luck packing, how funny about your fam eating burger king and stuff….i’m sure you’re stoked for your dad’s top chef cookin!

10 Maggie January 29, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Good luck with packing! Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it – have fun though ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Shelby January 29, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Best of luck! I’m a very very organized person yet I don’t pack until last minute =)

12 dailygoods January 29, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Thanks for the advice Meghann! Oh, with packing I always put it off until the very last second. its awful! and then when i return from a trip it takes me a while to unpack too. lol i hope you have a great time though!!!

13 caitlin January 29, 2009 at 9:54 pm

GO PACK LOL

im going to miss you!

14 Danielle January 29, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Good luck with the rest of your packing!
Can’t wait to hear all about your vacation!
I am a packer hater, if I could pay someone to do it for me I totally would.

15 Kate January 29, 2009 at 10:07 pm

I always get so excited when you comment on my blog! I feel like a fan:P And I am def a packing LOVER-it gets you pumped for your trip!!!

16 Melissa January 29, 2009 at 10:12 pm

UGH, I’m definitely a packer HATER!!! I’m bad at it though so that’s probably why….even if I’m only going to be gone for a night, I pack so much (too much) because I like to be prepared for any situation! It drives Chad absolutely NUTS!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

17 Sharon January 29, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Good luck with the rest of the packing! And love the cereal! Haha!

18 sweetandnatural January 29, 2009 at 10:26 pm

I despise packing – and unpacking! I procrastinate doing both all the time.

19 Olga January 29, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Argh, I like the idea of packing but I actually hate DOING it.

I love your food stash, especially the cereals =] It’s one of my fave foods.

Good luck with the rest of your packing and trip!

20 Cara January 29, 2009 at 10:32 pm

I love to pack for a trip, but loathe packing up to come home. HA

Are you flying into Denver and then driving up to Breckenridge?… Bummer I live in Colorado Springs…. Idaho Springs is too far to drive on a week night for your meet up! Have fun!!!! I hear the snow is wonderful!!! I’m going to be up at Keystone the following weekend!

21 Sweet and Fit January 29, 2009 at 10:35 pm

dinner looks great, as usual!

I am most definitely a packing hater – I always over or underpack, I can never get it right… I think it would be easier if you had an actual suitcase to organize your things in.

22 Marianne January 29, 2009 at 10:36 pm

I’m not necessarily a packing hater, but I do leave it to the last minute. What I hate is unpacking when I get back!

23 Meg January 29, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Love your dinner!

I pack little bags of cereal like that too!

24 Mica January 29, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Wow, your packing is intense! Good luck with the rest of it, and safe travels!

Those PB cups made me wish we had a TJ’s here!

25 eatingbender January 29, 2009 at 11:51 pm

I hate packing, but I hate unpacking even more! Sometimes my suitcase will sit in my room for a week and I’ll gradually pick things I need out of it. I’m such a lazy bum when it comes to organization, especially when I’m busy!

I hope you have a great trip. It sounds like it’s going to be a blast.

Ok, I need those TJ’s PB cups NOW!

26 biz319 January 30, 2009 at 12:13 am

My daughter has packed for me for the last several years, and I don’t really think that I have even looked at what she’s packed since the age of 8.

My daughter is going to grow up like katheats! Kitchen cleaned before going to bed, house spotless, school assignments organized. I showed her the google todo list that Kath does and she immediately went to her laptop to schedule her stuff!

I believe I gave birth to a Type A and I have no idea how that happened!

So happy for your trip!! Not sure we’ll afford a vacation this year with Tony’s medical stuff, love the $2,000 deductible already paid this year!

Happy almost Friday!

27 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 30, 2009 at 12:38 am

Good luck with the packing Meghann. I never mind the packing…it’s the unpacking that I dread.

“Seriously nothing is better then roasted veggies with tomato sauce!” I’ll have to disagree with this after I read the following sentence…

“Dessert was a 1/2 cup of Carmel Praline FroYo with a Ricotta Chocolate Chip sprinkled on top.”

Have a wonderful trip!

28 Leah January 30, 2009 at 2:24 am

I love packing because I always try to see if I can pack light- it’s like a challenge I make for myself. Plus- packing = holiday so that usually keeps me motivated to do it!!!

It’s the unpacking which I can’t stand!

Love the snacks you’ve got!!

29 sarahannmatheny January 30, 2009 at 3:01 am

I always make a huge long list for when I pack and I just love checking everything off. I can’t do it without the list. Ever.

I want your roasted veggies, were there any leftovers? =)

I’m sending you my bake sale info, I promise!!!

30 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 30, 2009 at 6:39 am

Those TJ’s mini PB cups are so cute and look so good! Why oh why is threre not a TJ’s by us? ๐Ÿ™

I feel ya on the packing – sometimes I’m super organized and it takes me to time at all. That’s a rare sometimes. Most of the time lately I’m like “ahh” throw in this, throw in that, random, random, random!! But you can do it. ๐Ÿ™‚

So jealous, I really want to go to Colorado, I can’t wait to live vicariously through you!!

31 marafaye January 30, 2009 at 7:21 am

I love packing if its for a warm destination in the middle of winter. Any other times though, not so much.

Enjoy Colorado!! There are some amazing restaurants out there ๐Ÿ™‚

32 Robin January 30, 2009 at 8:00 am

I HATE packing. We got back from Florida 2 weeks ago, and I am considering leaving the summer clothes packed for our trip in March. I have to pack for myself and my 2 girls, so imagine your fun times 3! Have fun in Colorado. I really love your blog.

33 brandi January 30, 2009 at 10:16 am

I love the food stash! I’m the same way – I always have a bag of food ready to go with me.

34 HangryPants January 30, 2009 at 11:03 am

I love all your travel snacks!

The flour from the cookies even came from my house in Rhode Island.

Good luck packing. ๐Ÿ˜€