Look, a lunch post

by Meghann on January 28, 2009

Well, lookie here I actually found time for a lunch post today! You should feel special!

I still have an overflowing to-do list at work, but what’s 5 minutes of blogging out of my day?

I have started checking the weather and mountain reports for Breckenridge. Looks like they have been getting a good amount of snow the past couple of days, but looks like a bit of heat wave will be hitting the week I’m there.

weather

Look at all that sun! Luckily, I know that the weather forecast changes every hour. so I’m crossing my fingers some snow will creep back into that report!

Reader Melissa had asked if I would be doing a reader meet up while I am in Colorado. I have to say the thought has crossed my mind, but I’m not sure how many of you would be willing to travel to Breckenridge on a week night for a meet up. But if you are interested for a dinner or something shoot me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com and I’ll see if I can work something out. I love meeting readers and would love to pick your brains or for you to pick mine!

This morning I snacked on my fave Tangerine and PB combo. Kudos to Jenn for falling in love with the combo as well!

Lunch was of course amazing!

Photo 19

On the side I had the last of my Jalapeno Cheese Block, my leftover Veggie Salad and a small Kosher Dill Pickle.

Then for the main event I had a Boca Burger which I sandwiched between an Arnolds Thin (seriously loving these!) with some Spinach, Tomato and Honey Mustard.

Photo 18

I told you it was a delish lunch!

I also grabbed about 5 of the Mini TJ Peanut Butter Cups Heather sent me. These little babies are amazing. The serving size is 27 for 210 calories! THANK YOU Heather for this AMAZING find! Its perfect when my sweet tooth is yelling at me for a quick fix.

I have BIG THANKS today for my Uncle Bill for donating to my TNT efforts today!! I always knew he was my favorite Uncle! Any other Uncles out there reading this and wants to be a fave then make a donation and I promise you’ll move to the top of the list as well! 😉

1 brandi January 28, 2009 at 1:40 pm

I haven’t made a post at all today! I can comment at work, but I feel bad actually blogging :\

Lunch looks great – I love those sandwich thins!

2 Meg January 28, 2009 at 1:50 pm

What a yummy lunch! Delicious!

3 VeggieGirl January 28, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Hooray for a lunch post!! 😀

I’m BEYOND envious of your weather – I’m snowed in and it’s dangerous on the roads!! 🙁

Mmm, those PB cups sounds delish!!

4 Rose January 28, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Lunch looks v. good!

5 Ryan January 28, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Yay for a lunch post! Good for you 😀 Your lunch looks awesome as always! I had your awesome SP/goat cheese/banana pepper wrap for lunch today again! Haha…I seriously crave it. Have a great afternoon!

6 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 28, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Lunch looks great! Those sandwich thins are the best! I need to go find some TJ pb cups!!

7 Hangry Pants January 28, 2009 at 2:43 pm

I knew you would love those PB thingies. Who is going to eat 27?!?!?!?!

8 Allison January 28, 2009 at 2:53 pm

We have such similar taste in things (so I think) – but I just can’t get on board with the orange (or clem or tang) and PB combo – for some reason – the PB cancels out the taste of the citrus, and it tastes like nothign to me! Weird – right? 🙂

9 Sharon January 28, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Tasty lunch, love it!

10 Sweet and Fit January 28, 2009 at 3:28 pm

tangerine + PB…never tried it!

if i am not mistaken, you have become a vegetarian again for lunch =)

11 Melissa P. January 28, 2009 at 3:45 pm

I did not know that you will be in Breckenridge! Two places that you have to go (okay, maybe more than two)- Crepes a la Cart for a dessert crepe and there is a french pastry shop nestled into the first floor of one of the main street shopping centers with amazing breads, tarts, etc… It is on the same side of the street as the crepe cart, but further down (toward Breck Brewery). Also, Cafe Alpine is great for a dressy dinner and Breckenridge Brewery is fun for a beer and burger. Depending on your skiing level, the T bar and Imperial Lift are great when skiing at the resort (prepare for serious wind though). Finally, if you want a change, the Frisco nordic center has great cross country skiing and I burn WAY more calories doing it (think 800/ hour- that equals lots more french pastries for me!). Have fun!!!

12 tami January 28, 2009 at 3:47 pm

be sure those tj things weren’t recalled? some of tj’s stuff with the pb paste was recalled.

we are getting hammered with snow right now, 10 to 18 inches of snow is expected.

13 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 28, 2009 at 3:57 pm

I keep passing up those mini PB cups at TJ’s. I really want some…right now! Love the citrus PB combo as well. Who would’ve thought?

14 biz319 January 28, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Love that sun is in your forecast!

Love the jalapeno cheese too!

15 Amelia January 28, 2009 at 4:09 pm

That lunch looks great. It’s so nice you get to go home and actually make something. I enjoy reading about your lunch while I eat at my desk! 🙂

16 eatingbender January 28, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Hurray lunch posts! Thanks for the shout out 🙂 It truly is a great combo!

I’m glad that you’re enjoying the Arnold thins! Your sammie looks great.

I’ve seen those PB cups in TJ’s but never picked them up. They sound like the perfect answer to a chocolate craving! I’ll check ’em out next time, for sure.

17 Shelby January 28, 2009 at 4:34 pm

It has started to snow here again so I’ll admit I’m very jealous of your perfect sunshine, let’s hope it stays that way!!!

I really love the orange/PB combo as well. Well I actually make it Orange and Vanilla AB but it’s pretty much the same thing.

18 Anna January 28, 2009 at 4:38 pm

My boyfriend spent last weekend snowboarding on fresh powder at Breckinbridge and had perfect conditions. I hope you do too!

19 ksgoodeats January 28, 2009 at 5:59 pm

The lunch is so well rounded I love it! Hope you enjoy Colorado – it’s a beautiful state!!

20 Erin January 28, 2009 at 6:11 pm

You know there are readers who would brave any condition to meet your sweet ass!

21 sarahannmatheny January 28, 2009 at 6:19 pm

Holy Criminy, I want those mini PB cups. I can’t believe you stopped at 5. I don’t believe it. Prove it.

Unfortunately our Disney trip is only to Anaheim, but you can bet if it was in Orlando I’d be tracking you, and Blue, and the Samantha Brown wine bar down!!!!!!

22 Danielle January 28, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Those Sandwich Thins are quickly becoming a favorite of mine!
I’m so jealous you’re going skiing in Colorado! Hope you have fun.
Are you planning on blogging from there?

23 Melissa S. January 28, 2009 at 10:25 pm

omg those pb cups are amazing aren’t they! i want some now! i miss tj’s!