I Needed to Run

by Meghann on January 27, 2009

Thank you all of your support in my post last night. I wrote it in a very passionate state and re-reading it realized I may have been a little harsh to the Geek Squad people. I realize they were just doing their job and probably deal with upset girls on a regular basis. Thanks for not calling me out on that.

With that being said, I will be taking your advice and contacting some higher ups at Best Buy in the name of my sanity. It just doesn’t feel right to let them get away with it.

I had too much drama yesterday and when I have too much drama I am always in desperate need of a run. So, this morning I took off and cleared my head. I went over a lot of things that were on my plate and honestly feel better. Running always makes me feel more organized in my head

I slammed out 5 miles at a pace of 9:25. It felt good to just leave it all on the road.

With no camera I resorted to PhotoBooth to photograph my breakfast.

Photo 8

I had 1/2 cup of Kashi Blueberry Oat clusters,  1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Puffins, a spoonful of Stoneyfield (someone one was asking what brand of yogurt I ate) Non-Fat Vanilla Yogurt, Blueberries, Grapes, and a sprinkle of Ezekial 4:19 Almond Crunch Granola on top.

The good breakfast also made me feel better.

Before I went to bed last night I did receive some exciting news.. it looks like mine and Melissa’s Sushi Extravaganza won the newly re-errected BSI contest sponsored by Biz this week. Yay! Melissa and I will be sure to have lunch together at Whole Foods in the honor of BSI some time soon.

I have another day swamped with meetings and a crazy workload. Wish Me Luck that today will be better then yesterday!

1 VeggieGirl January 27, 2009 at 8:44 am

PB PUFFINS!!! πŸ˜€

Congratulations to you and Melissa on winning BSI!!

Best of luck today!!

2 VeggieGirl January 27, 2009 at 8:44 am

PB PUFFINS!!! πŸ˜€

Congratulations to you and Melissa on winning BSI!!

Best of luck today!!

3 Aimee January 27, 2009 at 8:45 am

Have a great day Meghann. I agree talking to someone with more authority is always the way to go!! I hope it all works out.

4 Dori January 27, 2009 at 8:49 am

I would have reacted exactly the same as you at Best Buy… it is really hard not to cry when people give stock answers about something that means a lot to you. Your breakfast looks delicious even on PhotoBooth!

5 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 27, 2009 at 8:55 am

Congrats on winning the BSI challenge!! Although I gotta admit – I’m a ditz and completely thought it was for THIS week…hence why I have some lovely zucchini sitting in my fridge with a “balsamic marinated zucchini lasagna” idea floating in my head. Oh well, it’ll still taste good!

And I like your PhotoBooth pic, it works just as well for me! πŸ™‚

6 caitlin January 27, 2009 at 9:09 am

you have a serious winning streak with BSI!

7 Erin January 27, 2009 at 9:16 am

Glad you feel better and your breakfast looks yummy!

8 Sweet and Fit January 27, 2009 at 9:23 am

ezekiel 4:19 almond crunch granola? I’m a huge ezekiel bread fan, but I haven’t seen their granola around…must find it!

Congrats on winning the Whole Foods gift card, the sushi actually got me to pick up some seaweed a couple nights ago =)

9 fitforfree January 27, 2009 at 9:24 am

the geek squad can be SO frustrating!! I ran into the same problem w/ my camera. Nice job for taking it out on the run!

10 brandi January 27, 2009 at 9:25 am

Congrats to you and Melissa on the BSI! Can’t wait for the next one πŸ™‚

At least you have PhotoBooth as an option until your camera situation is worked out!

11 Victoria January 27, 2009 at 9:25 am

Congrats to you and Melissa! I’m glad you’re feeling better, but I understand your frustration.

12 Amanda January 27, 2009 at 9:51 am

Congrats on your win!

Best Buy does that to people all the time, they refuse to admit they might have messed up on things and I hate working with them. The people in the Geek Squad also aren’t always all that qualified to be working on things back there. I have a friend who works for BB so I have the inside on that, and my bf works for the Circuit City equivalent, Fire Dog, so I know all about that stuff (and what a rip off it is sometimes!).

13 Mica January 27, 2009 at 9:53 am

I’m glad you’re feeling better today. Good thing you have tasty eats and running to keep you going!

14 Nicole January 27, 2009 at 9:53 am

Oh photobooth, always saves the day!

15 dailygoods January 27, 2009 at 10:00 am

congrats on winning! hope things work out with the camera! that is so frustrating

16 Sara January 27, 2009 at 10:09 am

I just read last nights post about the camera and the Geek Squad. I would have acted the same way! What the heck?! Definately call someone higher up on the totem pole at Best Buy. They have to give you a new camera…I’ll cross my fingers for you! πŸ™‚

17 Sharon January 27, 2009 at 10:09 am

Congratulations on the winning! And horray for photobooth!

18 Meg January 27, 2009 at 10:10 am

Congrats on the BSI win! I hope all goes well today!

19 Erica January 27, 2009 at 10:11 am

Congrats on the win!!!!!!!!!! I love what you two made and you def deserve it. Glad you’re feeling better today. Amazing job on the run. Have a good one!

20 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 27, 2009 at 10:12 am

Congratultions on winning! The sushi did look amazing! Don’t worry, I cried and freaked out too when the subway machine stole my money and the customer service guys refused to do anything about it! It can be so frustrating!

21 Mel January 27, 2009 at 10:18 am

Congrats on the win!

I hope today goes 100x better. I definitely think that you should contact the higher ups at Best Buy, from the sounds of your story, there was some serious lacking in customer service there.

22 Kate January 27, 2009 at 10:41 am

Congratulations! I am so glad your run did you well.

23 Carolyn January 27, 2009 at 10:47 am

You should go into Best Buy again today and see if there is a different crew working and see if maybe they will be reasonable and let you exchange it. It Can’t hurt.

24 ksgoodeats January 27, 2009 at 10:53 am

Congrats on your win!! Glad to hear the run helped you clear your mind a little! I missed the post from last night but I agree with Carolyn – maybe try again today? Do you still have the receipt? Ugh that’s so annoying, I’m really sorry!!

25 caitlin January 27, 2009 at 11:20 am

also i wanted to let you know that when you called me freaking out about your camera, this is how you started the story…

“so i was bike riding on a trail (sob) and i asked this (shaky voice) random guy to take my picture (sob) and as he handed it back to me….”

I TOTALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO SAY HE ATTACKED YOU. do you know how relieved i was to hear you only had a broken camera?? LOL

love you!

26 sarahannmatheny January 27, 2009 at 11:20 am

Good job with the BSI win…I’m not bitter. I just have about five more zucchini to use up!

Hope today is smoother for yas!

27 courtneym415 January 27, 2009 at 11:21 am

Glad your feelin’ better!

Very creative with the photo taking..I wouldn’t have thought to do that!

28 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 27, 2009 at 11:46 am

Today WILL be better than yesterday. Sounds like it’s already off to a good start. Congrats on the BSI win!

29 Hangry Pants January 27, 2009 at 12:23 pm

I think a nice run always helps. Congrats on the BSI win. Aren’t you the record holder?

30 Amelia January 27, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Congrats on the BSI win! Running is such a great way to release stress.

31 Danielle January 27, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Congratulation to you and Melissa on your BSI win! Very exciting!
Hope your able to work something out with Best buy today.

32 Bridget January 27, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Whoa I totally missed when you did the sushi…no worries I just back tracked πŸ™‚ It looks so AWESOME!! Congrats!!!

I’m glad your run made you feel better…but yeah I would totally talk to Best Buy again about it, thats a little ridic.

33 Shelby January 27, 2009 at 1:43 pm

I’m so jealous of you PB Puffins!!! I want some and I’m not allowed to go to the store until this weekend =(

34 Olga January 27, 2009 at 2:01 pm

OMG you are so cute, taking pictures with photobooth! I don’t even know if I’d think of that!

Congrats on your BSI winning! Woohoo.

Hope your day goes well!

35 gina (fitnessista) January 27, 2009 at 2:12 pm

congrats on your bsi win! i’m not surprised, that sushi looked TO DIE FOR πŸ˜€
so sorry about your camera!
hope you have a great day <3

36 carolinebee January 27, 2009 at 2:20 pm

congrats on the win!! I’m really sorry about your cam….it’s so awesome that you’re raising all this money for such a great cause. That HAS to be great karma, and i really hope a new camera just like falls from the sky into your lap or something!

37 Ryan January 27, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Good luck!!!

Congrats on another BSI win! So awesome πŸ˜€

Way to utilize that Photo Booth!!!!

38 Sarah January 27, 2009 at 5:19 pm

i’m just catching up a little from yesterday — sorry it was so rough!!! There is not much worse than getting blamed for something you did not do, and the people who are supposed to help can make you feel so powerless! i’m glad the run helped you clear your head — a good healthy way to get out the aggression and start to feel in control again.

39 Melissa S. January 27, 2009 at 5:42 pm

good luck w/ best buy…if they don’t give you what you want, i’ll come up there and punch them in the gut. hehe!

and yay for our BSI win! def a WF lunch in the future!!!!

oh yeah, great run too! i know what you mean when you NEED to run!

what’s photobooth? never heard of it…

40 Bridget January 28, 2009 at 7:11 am

It used to be Best Buy’s policy to inspect before saying anything. “Impact damage?” What a line. Definitely talk to a higher-up; if that doesn’t work, then write a letter to their headquarters. I’ve found that the majority of the time, that gets results. I’m sorry to hear that they treated you so horribly.

Glad the run was good, and I hope that the rest of today was brighter!!

41 Amanda January 28, 2009 at 8:57 am

Hi, I think this is my first time commenting here. πŸ™‚

I wanted to let you know that both Best Buy and Geek Squad are Better Business Bureau accredited companies so if the higher ups don’t help you, contact the BBB. I had to do that with Dell recently. I fought with them for 4 months over a refund and within a week of contacting the BBB I had the money in my account.

Anyway, I hope you have fun on your trip!