more ยป" />

Seriously?!?!

by Meghann on January 26, 2009

You guys are not going to believe the day I’ve had! And it only seems to be getting worst before it gets better. Let’s see if I can make it to bed before the bottom falls out… oh wait I think it already has. ๐Ÿ™

This morning I was slammed with back to back meetings, but some how I managed to try the TJ Chocolate Chip Fruit Nuts & Bar Heather had sent me in my care package.

DSCN2290.JPG

From first glance it reminded me of a Jocalot or Clif Nectar Bar. To be honest I haven’t had the best experience with those bars so was a little scared of trying this version.

DSCN2291.JPG

I was a little hesitant taking the first bite, but was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it. Maybe it was the extra sweeteners in bar? Either way I enjoyed it and would happily eat another one.

After our morning meetings were through, my supervisor and I only had about 45 minutes to eat lunch before attending an onsite meeting out in the boonies. Since I was pressed for time I decided to join my Supervisor and co-workers for lunch at a local Sub Shop.

DSCN2292.JPG

Lasapada’s is a sub shop right across the way from where I work, so its a go to eatery for all of my co-workers. I have heard plenty of raves and was curious what was in store with me.

Since they were famous for their Philly Cheese Steaks, you can imagine then menu didn’t have the healthiest options so I went with my go-to sub shop eat, a Veggie Sub.

DSCN2294.JPG

The veggie choices didn’t have the variety I prefer, but it did it’s job. My 7 in sub held, Spicy Mustard, Sweet Peppers, Spicy Peppers, Banana Peppers, Onions, Tomato, Cucumber, Pickles, Olives, Lettuce, and Provolone Cheese.

DSCN2298.JPG

I ate it all. Even though there wasn’t much too it, I enjoyed it.

I also had a few of the community Fries.

DSCN2295.JPG

I felt my lunch wasn’t very filling, so when I returned to my desk after my offsite meeting I nibbled on a Tangerine and a 100 calorie bag of Almonds.

DSCN2299.JPG

I was determined after work to take my bike Blue out for a spin. So I took the bike apart, packed it in the car and was off.

DSCN2300.JPG

It wasn’t until I got to the biking trail and had re-assembled my bike did I realize I forgot my helmet at the apartment. I debated going back, but decided I would just make do and go for a short ride helmetless. It would be dark soon and I was dying to take my bike out for its first ride. I know it was bad, but I couldn’t help it.

The ride was awesome! I am in love and his name is Blue. I had fun figuring out the gears and just glided with ease. I am very excited to have this new method of exercise in my life.

I have to admit I was a little embarrassed to not have my helmet on, so I had avoided asking someone to take my picture at the trailhead. However, when I had rode 2 miles I thought the hell with it and asked a random guy on the trail to take my picture.

DSCN2302.JPG

…and that’s when my camera died. ๐Ÿ™

The guy was handing me back my camera and simutameously I was pressing the power off button. I watched the screen flick to the Coolpix image before going shaky and going black. The lens stopped going in and stuck out half way. What the heck?

I pressed the power button numerous times, I took the battery in and out, I shook it, but nothing help. The green power light on top blinked, but that was about it.

I panicked, rushed home and plugged the battery in to see if that was the problem. That didn’t help. I paced back and forth, then grabbed the keys and sped to Best Buy. I seriously just bought the camera on Jan. 13th, I knew I could exchange it within 14 days and was still in the time frame.

When I reached Best Buy I had to wait 20 minutes to speak to the Geek Squad guy. I seriously am starting to hate the Geek Squad people. When it was my turn I told him the problem and told him I didn’t have time to wait for it to be sent off and would like to exchange it for a new one. He took my camera, fiddled with it and told me it looked like it had been dropped and I couldn’t exchange it. What? I had not dropped it!

Granted, I use and abuse my camera, but I had not dropped it. There was the tiniest scratch on the bottom corner of the camera that he called ‘impact’ damage. He told me the ‘impact’ can damage the lens and cause it to malfunction. What impact? I didn’t drop my camera! I yelled at him, then asked for a manager.

With tears in my eyes I begged and pleaded for another camera. I rehashed my camera history, I told him this was literally my FIFTH camera in less then a year, I told him I use my camera everyday, I told him I was leaving for vacation on Saturday, I told him that I could not live without my camera. It was not my fault it had died.

I cried, and cried , and cried and no one backed down. I caved, with no other options in my head and had him send the camera off to get fixed.

I WAS PISSED! I can’t believe this, seriously what is my deal with camera?!?!?! I feel like I have the worst luck in the world! No one will even let me borrow their camera now with my past history. I can’t believe it, this was not my fault at all and the whole time the guy was blaming me. Even now going over the conversation in my head tears are coming to my eyes. I wanted to throw the camera at the guy, I even told him that. Don’t worry I didn’t throw it, but that’s how upset I was.

I’m sorry to be such a downer, but you can imagine how mad I was. Seriously.. WORST… LUCK… EVER! Ughhh!

SO I came home and sulked before heating up a can of Amy’s Organic Chili with some Onion and Plain Oikos on top. I also had some mashed Avacado with Pita Chips on the side. Sorry, but at that point taking pictures of my food was the last thing on my mind.

I then had a nice bowl of FroYo with a couple of Ginger Snap Slices on the top. I really needed that FroYo!

I am still sulking and am ready for bed. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. At least I will be on vacation in 5 days… even though I won’t have my camera to document it… *sniff *sniff :(

There was a bright patch in my day. We are now up to $1,065.96 in donations for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society!

Many Thanks to –

Thanks you guys for bringing a much needed smile to my face. Come on people, who else wants to put a smile on my face?!?! I totally need it right now! ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Julie January 26, 2009 at 9:33 pm

I’m so sorry about the camera, I can’t even imagine how frustrated you are. It really stinks ๐Ÿ™

Tomorrow is a new day, just think positive and don’t let it get you down ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Kate January 26, 2009 at 9:36 pm

Meghann,

Write a letter/email to Best Buy HQ and contact your better business bureau. You will be surprised by how badly businesses do not want to be looked down upon– especially during this tough economic time. Stay persistent with contacting Best Buy. You will get this fixed and not at your expense!!…they will finally understand the customer is always right!

3 Emily January 26, 2009 at 9:39 pm

that is the most frustrating story ever! If nothing else you should send an e-mail to Best Buy central – with this economy a lot of businesses are being extra careful not to piss off consumers so you never know what they might offer you

4 Erin January 26, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Thats a horrible story! I hope tomorrow is better!

5 Melissa S. January 26, 2009 at 9:43 pm

ahhh booooooo….i was so sad to hear you talk about your dying camera on the phone…i so wish i had my old one to give you…but it’s in ca in my mother’s possession…

hugs babe. always here if you need me!

6 Melissa S. January 26, 2009 at 9:43 pm

oh! but i’m glad you liked that TJ’s bar! i think it freak’n rocks! i must have my mom send me some more… ๐Ÿ˜‰

7 caitlin January 26, 2009 at 9:44 pm

ur email might make you feel better!!

8 Allison January 26, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Awww Meghann! I’m so sorry about the whole camera ordeal! If it makes you feel any better – I was in the SAME exact position three years ago – Geek Squad RUINED MY LAPTOP – ERASED EVERYTHING, and that wasy MY fault – I’m like umm…hmmm, not sure how that works!

Tomorrow will be better I’m sure!

9 Ryan January 26, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Oh my gosh Meghann, I’m so sorry this keeps happening to you! Technology can be SO frustrating!! You did a great job looking on the bright side as much as possible, but you really do deserve to sulk…that’s ridiculous! Tomorrow is definitely a new day and hopefully it will be better for you! At least you got to ride Blue :D!

10 Justy2003 January 26, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Sorry to hear about the camera fiasco! Are they making you pay for it, too?! If so, that’s ridiculous! They should have given you a new one since you haven’t had it too long! Some retailers can be sooooo frustrating!
Hope tomorrow is better for you! At least you had a nice bike ride…yay Blue! ๐Ÿ˜€

11 Brandi January 26, 2009 at 9:56 pm

That stinks!

I LOVE that TJ’s bar…I should have never tried it because the closest TJ’s is 3 hours away from me! ๐Ÿ™

You and Blue are super cute!

12 Mel January 26, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Awww hun… if it makes you feel any better, I know how you feel, just different circumstances. I literally just got off the phone in tears with my mom.

It’ll be better tomorrow, at least you had some good eats today.

13 Shelby January 26, 2009 at 9:58 pm

I’m so sorry hun! I wish I could go punch that guy in the face. Those “Geek Squad” people are just advertising. My computer guy told me they don’t even get paid that much and they have no idea what they are doing. What a jerk.

I’m loving the bike though, cute picture =)

I hope you feel better!

14 Marianne January 26, 2009 at 10:02 pm

That sucks about the camera. I love how they find anything, even the tiniest scratch, to put the blame back onto you, just so they don’t have to replace it (and it’s not like it costs them hardly anything to replace it). Hopefully they at least get it back to you asap. And tomorrow can only get better ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Maggie January 26, 2009 at 10:03 pm

At least you won the bsi!

16 ttfn300 January 26, 2009 at 10:11 pm

oh my, how rude! i’d be pissed too… you got some good advice above, i hope it all works out for you…

17 Bridget January 26, 2009 at 10:13 pm

What an awful experience at Best Buy! I’m so sorry!! Tomorrow will be a better day.

18 Trust, Hope, Believe January 26, 2009 at 10:14 pm

ugh i hate people who work at electornic stores.. It’s like .. um i think I would know if I dropped it or not?!

Atleast you got your bike ride in!! Don’t worry tomorrow will be better ๐Ÿ™‚

19 Sweet and Fit January 26, 2009 at 10:14 pm

aww Meghann! what assholes! I really hope you get your camera back soon…I hate being without a camera.

PS- if you ever want to make your own 100 calorie packs of almonds, it averages out to be 14 almonds per pack

20 Amelia January 26, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Aww i’m so sorry you had a crummy day. I’d keep at it. You know you didn’t drop your camera and you deserve to get it fixed for free.

At least your bike is super cute!

21 Meg January 26, 2009 at 10:15 pm

I am so sorry that you had more camera problems. Honestly, I would be crying too! I hope it gets fixed and that you never ever have camera issues again! HUGS!

22 Laura January 26, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Sorry to hear you had such a crappy day! It wouldn’t hurt to contact Best Buy’s headquarters if they were acting like assholes and telling you that you dropped your camera when you didn’t.

I hope tomorrow’s a better day! I’m glad to see your donations increasing every day! ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Mica January 26, 2009 at 10:26 pm

Ugh, I’m really sorry about the camera problems in particular, the stupid Geek Squad people. They don’t call them “Geek Squad” for nothing–like many real geeks, they are socially incapable.

At least you captured a totally cute picture of you and your blue bike!

24 Bridget January 26, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe the luck you have with cameras!! I feel SO SO badly…that totally sucks!! It’s the worst feeling ever being blamed for something that you didn’t do! I mean…even if you did drop it what camera can’t with stand 1 drop! So annoying, thats crap! I hope things look up…at least you got your sweet picture of you on Blue!!

25 Melissa G January 26, 2009 at 10:36 pm

omg that is awful!! Here is something that will cheer you up… You are leaving for my AWESOME STATE OF COLORADO in a few days and it is absolutely dumping snow in the mountains!!! Literally we have gotten 20 new inches in the last 72 hours!! So just think about all that luscious powder you will be skiing on in a few days:) It’s all anyone can talk about here!!

26 Hangry Pants January 26, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Meghann, I am so sorry. I recently had a horrible apple experience, but when I talked to the manager on the phone the next day things were resolved. Maybe you could try the customer service route? Sorry hun! Blog hug.

I am glad you liked the bar! As I said in my note, Mark loves the chocolate one and he does not like larabars.

Heather

27 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 26, 2009 at 10:38 pm

oh.my.gosh. I seriously can’t believe this!!! I wish there was something I could do to cheer you up. ๐Ÿ™

28 kristi January 26, 2009 at 10:51 pm

So sorry you have had a bad day! that is so rediculous that the geek squad guy blamed it on you. You are NOT supposed to do that with customers!!!

Just try to take a deep breath, relax, and start fresh tomorrow.

29 Amy January 26, 2009 at 10:51 pm

NOOOOO ๐Ÿ™ I know how badly you needed this camera to be your last one for a long time…that is so incredibly rude of the Geek Squad people at your Best Buy. I would’ve seriously not leave with out a new camera—or made my mom come and tell ’em! Seriously…it’s not your fault and you are not bad luck! Technology is made to break. All about the $$$. You aren’t camera-cursed, its the poor manufacturing that they put into the cameras so they have to be repurchased. Ughh.

Im so sorry gal. If i had an extra cam, i’d so send it your way. Love ya!

30 biz319 January 26, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Dangit about your camera!!! At least you have a $10 Whole Foods gift card to cheer you up!

Email me at BDL319@gmail.com with your street address.

Hugs!

31 amanda (Two Boos who Eat) January 26, 2009 at 11:06 pm

that is horrible! I would have wanted to throw the camera at the geek squad dude too!

32 Sharon January 26, 2009 at 11:15 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your camera. Keep your chin up!

33 Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) January 26, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Hey Meghann. So sorry about all the camera trouble, but tomorrow WILL be a better day.

The guys at Best Buy should have given you a new one – that is some bad customer service. I am protesting them in your honor. You should check out Costco. I think they have cameras and an AMAZING return policy. They would never have treated you like that.

Get some rest, and tomorrow morning treat yourself to a beautiful bowl of berries. Your berry bowls ALWAYS bring a smile to my face. ๐Ÿ™‚

34 courtneym415 January 26, 2009 at 11:25 pm

What a bummer! My camera just did that recently too. A new one is on the way. Hope your day brightens tomorrow!

35 Meredith January 26, 2009 at 11:54 pm

I’m so sorry about your camera and you’re whole experience with Best Buy! That is seriously frustrating and disappointing. Just take deep breaths and focus on enjoying your vacation! Don’t they make disposable digital cameras now? Or am I making that up? Maybe you can get one for the vacay if you’re really missing it.

36 glidingcalm January 27, 2009 at 12:37 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhh cheer up Meg! I hate to see you upset and sad! And that is so freakin lame about your camera?! dub tee eff!? i totally know how you feel. broken camera or broken comptuer for a bloggy = TOTAL STRESS AND FRUSTRATION.

hang in there lady! we love you!!!!

37 Caroline January 27, 2009 at 12:51 am

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your camera! I’ll be thinking of you and hoping that a solution emerges ASAP!

38 Anne P January 27, 2009 at 12:56 am

ugh, that sucks!!! you seriously do have the worst luck ever with cameras!!! what a jerk that guy sounds like. i hate when people get so wrapped up in “rules” that they can’t sometimes just be a human and be like, okay someone is really upset, let’s do something nice for them. bah! hope you cheer up ๐Ÿ™‚

39 sarahannmatheny January 27, 2009 at 2:49 am

For Pete’s sake!

Here’s something to cheer you up: you look cute in your pigtails. Not everyone can pull ’em off, but you can. And I bet that Best Buy guy can’t!!!

40 sarahannmatheny January 27, 2009 at 2:51 am

PS I would contact the camera manufacturer directly and not even deal w/Best Buy. I don’t know what kind you have, but I did drop our Canon and they were really awesome about getting it fixed for as cheaply as possible.

41 VeggieGirl January 27, 2009 at 7:45 am

Eeeeek what a day!! Hang in there, Meghann!! Get a new camera, for sure.

42 Sammie January 27, 2009 at 8:24 am

Sorry about your camera. That is the worst customer service. I would definitely contact someone else at Best Buy and make them replace the camera. I hope today is a better day.
*Cute Shoes ๐Ÿ™‚

43 Kate January 27, 2009 at 8:25 am

UGH! I’ so sorry to hear that! All technology places are like that. Whenever I have trouble with my Mac the first thing they ask is if I dropped it. You have every right to be upset. I hope you feel better.

44 Sarah W. January 27, 2009 at 8:37 am

omg I am SO sorry to hear about that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is Awful!!!!!!!!!!!

If my old camera hadn’t shitted out on me I’d be willing to donate it for your use, but I’m afraid its taking picasso esque pictures now!

hang in there.

45 Nicole January 27, 2009 at 8:47 am

Oh man, I am so sorry about your camera!! The GeekSquad is horrible, they always take SO LONG! I can’t believe they were so rude to you and didn’t believe you.

46 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 27, 2009 at 9:24 am

Sorry about your camera! Those guys can be so frusterating at Geek Squad! It really is the worst feeling ever to have a broken camera when you use it every day on your blog! Hopefully writing a letter will help!

47 Kirsten January 27, 2009 at 9:38 am

I hate the geek squad! I think Best Buy just has really bad warranties / return policies ๐Ÿ™ I hope you are feeling better and that your camera comes back as good as new!

48 Lauren January 27, 2009 at 11:12 am

Awww! I’m so sorry about the camera. I had the exact same thing happen to me. I had had my camera for only a few weeks and someone else broke it, then I got it back from the “fix-it” shop and then my sisters dropped it… poor pink camera… thankfully it’s back and no one touches the camera but me now… so i totally feel your pain.

Hope it comes back all perfect and ready for the action shots!!!

P.s. love your blog.

49 Andrea [bella eats] January 27, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Oh Meghann, I’m so sorry! I can’t believe your luck with cameras…I think I WOULD have thrown my camera at the guy!!! I hope things go better for you today…

50 Leslie January 27, 2009 at 12:34 pm

I’m not sure I’ve ever commented before, but I love your site… I’m sorry about your camera!

I finally remembered to donate though, so I hope that makes your day a little brighter… sorry I couldn’t donate more!

Good luck with the camera…

51 Danielle January 27, 2009 at 12:35 pm

So sorry about the camera!

52 bobbi January 27, 2009 at 12:38 pm

man sorry girl I know how you feel my camera just broke, I had to take it to the repair shop and they said it would cost 180 dollars!!! I might as well buy a new one, with that and my Garming dying I now have to some how come up with 300 dollars!!! but let’s try and have an attitude of gratitude we can do it, think of all the wonderful things you have to be thankful for, like your BIKE:))) I know its hard but so worth it!