Busy, Busy, Busy

by Meghann on January 23, 2009

I’ve been busy, busy this morning and It looks like its going to stay that way for a while. My next week is already booked solid with meetings! I need to find time to attend the meetings and get all of my regular work done on the side. Its going to be a challenge, but at least it makes the work time fly by. 🙂

I was really, really excited this morning to try the Dark Chocolate Coconut Kashi Bar.

DSCN2123

Around 10:00 I unwrapped the new delicious goodie and admired the fudgy chocolate coating that covered it.

DSCN2124

I have to say this was equally as yummy as it’s Raspberry Chocolate and Pumpkin Pie counterparts. Though, I have to say the Pumpkin Pie is still my fave!

My lunch today is oddly similar to the same lunch I enjoyed yesterday. I couldn’t help it the flavor combo is just so wonderful who wouldn’t want to enjoy it two days in a row?

DSCN2127

Today’s lunch base was a bit different though. I tossed some kale with fresh lemon juice and microwaved it for a minute. I then layered it with half of a pre-baked Acorn Squash, Tomato sauce and Black Eye Peas. OMG sooo good!

DSCN2131

Half way through the meal I forgot I wanted to enjoy the last hunk of my Olive Oil Rosemary Foccacia so I jumped up and grabbed it as well.

DSCN2133

As much as I have enjoyed the bread, I am glad to have it out of my fridge. 🙂

There was a flurry of activity on my fund raising page this morning. I have so many thanks to give it out to so many great bloggers and readers!

Thank you times a million to these kind ladies for their wonderful contributions!

I can’t believe what we’ve accomplished in such a short amount of time. You guys are seriously the greatest. 🙂

It’s funny I’m so focused on fund raising and getting the word out about the Leukemia and Lymphoma society it hasn’t even hit me that I have committed to run 26.2 miles in 5 months! Am I insane? I am so pumped right now I can not wait to start training!

1 Mica January 23, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Ooh, what a tasty lunch! Black-eyed peas and tomato sauce: two of my favorite things.

Enjoy your busy bee schedule!

2 brandi January 23, 2009 at 2:32 pm

So exciting! You’ll be ready for it 🙂

I’m glad those chocolate coconut bars were just as good as the others – I have to find them now!

3 Ryan January 23, 2009 at 2:35 pm

OMG that bar looks delicious!!!

26.2 miles is a big commitment but you will do great prepping for it! Plus you have so many awesome races to keep you on track along the way 🙂

I forgot earlier, but thanks for the pre-race tips!

4 Allison January 23, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Great job girl!

FYI – I’m planning on making a donation, I just have to wait until my next paycheck!

Those Kashi bars look FABULOUS! ALL OF THEM!

Can’t wait to see the store “unveiled” 🙂

5 Amanda January 23, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I bought 3 boxes of the Kashi Dark Chocolate and Coconut bars for $8 at Target. I have to say that is my favorite bar yet!! I am obsessed with anything coconut though. 🙂 Yum Yum! Now I may have to go get one of my bars and enjoy it’s yumminess!

6 Rose January 23, 2009 at 2:46 pm

You’re not insane. Insanely motivated, maybe 🙂

7 Sharon January 23, 2009 at 2:48 pm

Wow, tasty tasty eats.
I never seen those kashi bars.

8 VeggieGirl January 23, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Hang in there with the busyness!!

9 dailygoods January 23, 2009 at 3:18 pm

I need those new Kashi Bars!!! they look so goood. You are insanely AWESOME Meghann!!! you are going to feel so amazing when everything is completed 🙂

10 Marianne January 23, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I so want to try those Kashi bars, especially the Dark Chocolate Coconut…yum!

11 Sweet and Fit January 23, 2009 at 5:34 pm

so jealous! I haven’t been able to find those pumpkin pie kashi bars anywhere near me! You are most definitely NOT insane…. you are so sweet for donating so much time, effort, and energy to such a great cause!

12 Meg January 23, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Yeah for more donations! You will absolutely be able to do it!

13 ksgoodeats January 23, 2009 at 6:25 pm

You are a superstar runner – I have no doubt in my mind you’ll be able to do it!

14 Sarah W. January 23, 2009 at 6:26 pm

thanks for the reminder – I just donated!!

your lunches are always sooo creative!!

15 Shelby January 23, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Your lunch looks absolutely delicious!!! I will be sure to try that combo.

16 emily January 23, 2009 at 7:52 pm

I can’t contribute right now, but I do want to give you props for undertaking the running/fund-rasing challege. It is a great cause and you are doing a ton to get the word out. Plus, a 20+ mile run would be impressive even if it supported the clubbing of baby seals 🙂

17 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 23, 2009 at 8:26 pm

You are not crazy…you are going to have a blast training. That is the fun part…especially all the friendships you will make. I’m looking forward to training updates. Have a good weekend Meghann. Get some rest – sounds like you’ve got a super busy week ahead of you!

18 HangryPants January 23, 2009 at 9:29 pm

Yes, you are insance, but you can do it! As Erin would say, you can totes do it and I bet you’ll have fun at the same time.

19 Sarah January 23, 2009 at 9:48 pm

you are not insane — if your past race prep is any indication, you’re going to be more than ready to kick this race’s (and cancer’s) rear end! way to go!

20 Bridget January 23, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Meghann, I have been reading your blog for quite awhile now. Until recently my computer was messed up and I couldn’t comment. Now that I can, I am! I actually went to Pitt with Caitlin and her blog is how I found yours.

I wish you a lot of luck with your first full marathon! My grandfather died from acute myeloid Leukemia last year. I would like to donate to your cause, but the online form will not accept my address format because I live in Japan. Please let me know how I can contribute.

Keep up the great work and thank you for your wonderful blog!

21 Missy (MISSY MAINTAINS) January 23, 2009 at 11:22 pm

I tried to find those bars at Target tonight after seein them on your blog but no luck yet!!