The Freeze in Florida Continues

by Meghann on January 22, 2009

It definitely dipped into the 20s here last night.

Check out the frost on my car when I went to work this morning.

DSCN2080 DSCN2081

I know it’s not quite the same as snow, but its as close as we get in FL. 🙂

At least I got to wear my cute hat and scarf to work this morning 🙂

DSCN2082

I have gloves and boots on too! Its like playing dress up….lol…..

This morning it was sooo hard to get out of my bed. I slept in my Christmas pjs, a sweater, comfy socks and had two blankets on top of me, plus Abbie beside me as a mini heater. Somehow I did manage to get out of the warmth and braved the 20+ degrees to make it to my apartment gym.

I hopped on the treadmill and tried Tina’s other 45 minute Treadmill work out. Again it was another winner. As much as I HATE the treadmill, I really enjoy these interval work outs. I feel like they’re going to really help me in my 5K this weekend!

I wanted something warm for breakfast again, but was way to lazy when I returned to take the time or make the effort, so I just went with Cereal.

DSCN2079

I had 1/2 cup of PB Puffins (which are currently safe from the recall list), 1 cup Kashi H2H, 2 spoonfuls of Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt, Strawberries, Blackberries and a sprinkle of Ezekial 4:19 Almond Crunch Cereal on top.

DSCN2077

It was a great combination. Even if it did nothing to warm me up.

When I got to the office this morning some one had brought in Dunkin Donuts and without even thinking about it I popped a Chocolate Munchkin in my mouth… ooppsssBad Meghann! At least it was good. :)

Thanks to Meredith, Erin, and Lyss for donating to my TNT efforts last night. You guys rock!!!!

CALLING ALL BLOGGING BAKERS!!!

Thank you for everyone who e-mailed me last night willing to donate. 🙂 I will be getting back with you today with the plan. Anyone else who wants to participate please send me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com by end of day Friday (tomorrow) and I will add you to the list.

I am SOOOOO excited about this bake sale. I have some pretty great famous treats people are willing to bake and donate. So keep  your eyes open for more details in the next couple of weeks! :)

1 Allison January 22, 2009 at 9:05 am

You look too cute with your scarf and hat! 🙂 I love how you called Abbie a mini heater 🙂

2 caitlin January 22, 2009 at 9:17 am

add me to the list!!!

3 brandi January 22, 2009 at 9:33 am

Nice breakfast, and cute hat!

My cat slept right beside me last night and kept me warm, too. She’s 15 lbs, so she definitely puts off heat 🙂

4 wholefoodswholeme January 22, 2009 at 9:43 am

hi meghann – i was in the process of making a donation, when i realised that i couldn’t use my card on the site since it’s a UK debit card, maestro, that’s not listed. is there any way the site accepts payment through paypal? otherwise if you have a paypal account, i will put the money through to you which you can then forward to the donations site??

5 bobbi January 22, 2009 at 9:54 am

love the hat. girly! I am so in for the bake sale let me know if I can do anything else. I am so excited you are coming to California, I will be your biggest FAN!!! I will am also going to give a shout out to your cause on mybloge very soon:)

6 Mica January 22, 2009 at 9:54 am

Haha, cute hats and scarfs are the one bonus of cold weather. Plus, if you wear pants all the time, you don’t have to shave your legs as often. 😀

7 VeggieGirl January 22, 2009 at 10:05 am

You received my response to your baking email, right??

8 Kim January 22, 2009 at 10:10 am

Hi, Meghann!! I forwarded your fundraising page to my sister’s work (a personal training/physical therapy company in Maitland), so hopefully they will donate in return for some free publicity 😉 In that vein, have you considered looking into sponsorships by the local running community? Orthopedic doctors, physical therapists, running stores, fitness centers… they all might be interested in capitalizing on the marketing power of the blogosphere!

9 Sharon January 22, 2009 at 10:12 am

Love your hat!
And stay warm!!!

10 Meg January 22, 2009 at 10:13 am

My sister who lives in Jacksonville told me there was ice on her car windows this morning. Stay warm!

11 Sweet and Fit January 22, 2009 at 10:44 am

you look so cute in that hat! I still can’t believe that the weather in Florida was just about the same as it was here…however, It doesn’t seem like I am playing dress-up when I get ready to go outside

12 linds January 22, 2009 at 10:47 am

Frost in Florida??? Is nowhere safe from winter?? haha I do love your cute hat and scarf though 🙂

13 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 22, 2009 at 10:55 am

I know how you feel about the cold! It is so hard to wake up in the morning! Your breakfast looks amazing!

14 Amy January 22, 2009 at 11:22 am

oh my goodness please stay warm girl! i love your cute hat and winter gear though 🙂 who would’ve thought…FLORIDA!? crazy. love the breakfast as usual <3

15 ksgoodeats January 22, 2009 at 11:33 am

That is one cute hat, girl!! Where’s it from?

16 sarahannmatheny January 22, 2009 at 11:34 am

You are styling girl! I’ll send you an email, you know how I likes to bake!

17 Meghann January 22, 2009 at 11:35 am

K – I got it from H&M when I was up in NYC a couple of years ago. 🙂

18 Ryan January 22, 2009 at 11:53 am

CUTE CUTE CUTE hat! I can’t wait to make my goodies for the bake sale 😀 I had a similar breakfast but my blackberries from Publix this weekend were wayyy too sour to eat 🙁 Sad. I also had a really hard time getting out of bed this morning. I was so warm and comfy!

19 Bridget January 22, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Haha you call it dress up…I call it life for 4-5 months!! 🙂 This fundraising your doing is incredible!! I am very interested in the blogger bake sale!

20 Danielle January 22, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Love the hat!
I’ll be donating on your page soon! If I could bake I’d be offering but I’m horrible at baking, if there’s any other ideas that you have though i’d be happy to help out however I can.

21 Rachel January 22, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Love the hat and scarf! Cute winter clothes are one of the only good things about snow in my book.

And I’m really looking forward to the bake sale! I think I definitely will participate…. but probably, um, on the eating end 🙂 You are inspiring and I’m so happy I get to watch your journey.

22 HangryPants January 22, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Cute hat you little marathoner! I have a box full of winter accesories. It is less fun in March.

I am v. excited about the bake sale. 😀

23 Rose January 22, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Aw, your hat is so cute!

24 Rose January 22, 2009 at 12:43 pm

I just donated to your cause!

25 Shelby January 22, 2009 at 2:00 pm

You so cute =)

Love the cereal! PB PUFFINS!

26 Sarah January 22, 2009 at 11:39 pm

that hat is so cute! winter needs all the help it can get, so accessories are key 🙂