more ยป" />

Meet My Bike Blue

by Meghann on January 22, 2009

Blog world I would like to introduce you to Blue… Blue this is the Blog World :)

DSCN2098.JPG

I’m sure you guys are going to be great friends! :)

That’s right I finally was able to pick up my new bike today and she’s BEAUTIFUL!!

Turns out I was completely wrong about the bike being used, its actually brand new! The guy I bought it from make a living building bikes in his garage. He orders the parts, builds the bikes and then sells them at a reasonable price, how cool is that?

I took her for a test run and I am already in love. I can’t wait to start training. I also realized I have so much to learn about road bikes. One day at a time.

This afternoon I went straight from my Doctors appointment to meet my Dad on the other side of Orlando. I was pretty hungry and knew it would be at least a couple of more hours until dinner so I stopped at Publix to buy a snack.

While I was browsing the aisles look what I stumbled upon.

DSCN2096.JPG

The missing Kashi Bars!

I enjoyed the Raspberry Chocolate version so much that I barely made it to the parking lot before I was trying the Pumpkin Pie Flavor.

DSCN2097.JPG

OMG, Heaven!

Seriously the Pumpkin flavor was so rich and yummy. I can not wait to try the Coconut Chocolate version tommorrow!

After we picked up Blue, my Dad and I headed out for dinner over on my side of town. We tried a great little cuban restaraunt called Habana Grill.

My Dad has been asking to eat here for a while and now I see why, this place was great.

We started with warm pressed Cuban Bread. So warm and so good.

DSCN2100.JPG

The menu was extensive and Cuban authentic. They had so many yummy dishes I couldn’t decide what to get. I eventually decided to go with a Saladito (‘Little Latin Bite’) and a side dish to complete my meal.

DSCN2104.JPG

The Saladito I selected was called the Tuna Cubanachi which was raw yellow fin tuna diced with avocadoes, red onions, cucumbers and cilantro then tossed with a blend of spices and lime juices.

DSCN2102.JPG

This dish was so flavorful, I loved it.

When I saw Boiled Yucca on the menu I knew I had to have it.

DSCN2101.JPG

I love Yucca. I love it baked, I love it fried, I love it boiled, I love Yucca! This version did not disappoint. I was thrown off by the butter, but that didn’t deter me from eating the whole side. :)

When I got home I dug in the fridge for the last of the Oreo Bark Melissa had sent me before christmas. :)

DSCN2105.JPG

I have more Thanks to give out for more generous people who are graciously donating to my cause. Many thanks to Rose (On a Lobster Placemat) , Janet, Sarah M. (In My Tummy), Paige W., Lindsay C., my cousin Angel, and Erin (Care to Eat) for for your wonderful support.

Keep the donations coming we are now $340.96 closer to the goal.. that’s 10% in 2 days! Woo hoo!

Alright I’m off to warm up with a hot glass of tea and crawl into bed. Good Night!

1 Mica January 22, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Awesome bike! You’ll look so hardcore.

I’m going to look for those kashi bars this weekend.

2 caitlin January 22, 2009 at 9:56 pm

AHHH i love your bike. Did you get a helmet?

so its a road bike? awesome. i kind of know how to change a tire!! i’ll show you if you want.

actually, im going up to visit my dad on the 8th and i think im going to ask him to make a video illustrating how to try it!

check your email

3 Victoria January 22, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Congrats on getting the bike! I haven’t seen those Kashi bars around here yet.

4 inmytummy January 22, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Oh those Kashi bars look yummy. I just so happen to have a $1 off coupon for Kashi in my wallet. Sweet!

5 ttfn300 January 22, 2009 at 10:07 pm

i saw the dark choc rasp and pumpking, but not the dark choc coconut!!! love the bike, it is a bit to get used to (a road bike)–i feel like i’m still getting used to mine!!

6 elise January 22, 2009 at 10:08 pm

blue is so cute…this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship :)

whats yucca?

hungryhungryhippie.com

7 Sweet and Fit January 22, 2009 at 10:10 pm

aww, well hello blue!

I am dying to try some of those pumpkin kashi bars…so many ppl are raving about them!

8 Ryan January 22, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Hiya Blue! Can’t wait to hear more about you!

I’m so jealous of those bars! I need to remember to pick them up this weekend! YUM!!!

Yay for more donations!

9 sarahannmatheny January 22, 2009 at 10:14 pm

You are so welcome, I hope I can do more!

Love the bike, the yucca, and I bought the pumpkin Kashi bars today, so we’ll see if I love them too!!!

10 VeggieGirl January 22, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Welcome, Blue!! :-D

11 Erica January 22, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Love the new bike- congrats. Dinner out looks awesome too- what a cool restaurant. Congrats on all the fund raising, you’ll be there in no time

12 Laura January 22, 2009 at 10:24 pm

Have fun with Blue!

I saw those Kashi bars last time I was in Wegmans. I’ll have to buy some now that you’ve reassured me they’ll be good. :)

13 allie January 22, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Great looking new bike! And that picture of the Kashi bar is awesome.

Can’t wait to hear about the training!

14 Shelby January 22, 2009 at 10:48 pm

Cute bike, I need a new one when summer comes around.

My mom LOVES the Chocolate Coconut Kashi bars and so does my little brother so I know that they must be good.

15 Missy (MISSY MAINTAINS) January 22, 2009 at 10:57 pm

The bike looks so nice! I must try the Pumpkin Kashi bars after seeing them all over everyone’s blogs! Dinner looks delicious as well! What is Yucca?

16 Sharon January 22, 2009 at 10:59 pm

Love the bike! Amazing!
And oh yummy kashi bars!

17 Allison January 22, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Love the new bike!

I keep seeing that pumpkin kashi bar – it looks so amazing, I don’t doubt it was absoultely heavenly!

18 eatingbender January 22, 2009 at 11:33 pm

That bike is great! And so cool that it’s actually, new too :)

I’m glad you liked the Kashi bars. I haven’t stocked up yet because I’m waiting to see what the general verdict is. It looks like the pumpkin is definitely a winner.

Love that flat Cuban bread.

Hurray for more donations!! You rock!!

19 Sarah January 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm

haha, your kashi bar is literally glowing — it MUST be heaven-sent.
congrats on the bike, and awesome fundraising so far!

20 Melissa S. January 22, 2009 at 11:38 pm

whooohoo! i love the bike! we totally need to bike ride while i’m down here since i have my nice beach cruiser w/ me!

glad you found those kashi bars! too bad i’m not a fan of pumpkin…though i do love hte rasp/choc one!

i have a donation to make,but i’ll give it to you soon!

21 biz319 January 22, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Love the bike – how cool that its not a used bike!

Good eats with your papa too!

22 Sara January 22, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Great bike! My car’s name is Blue! :)

23 Melissa G January 23, 2009 at 12:25 am

Meghann- So happy for you that you got a NEW bike! Looks great!! There is sooo much to know about road biking and I will happily help you out with any info you need. More people in the world need a road bike to realize the awesomeness of them… you will not know how you ever lived without one! Especially in Florida where you can go year round- Lucky… Congrats!!!
-Melissa

24 Amy January 23, 2009 at 12:27 am

Amazing work so far on the fund raising front! I promise I’m working on buying supplies for my contribution!! Can’t wait..Yay for your bike and for una Cubana comida deliciousa ;) I know how you love yucca. Also, so glad you found the other kashi bars–I love the P.Pie one.

Have a grand night babe!

25 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 23, 2009 at 12:27 am

Meghann, $340.96? That’s awesome. I’m so glad your fundraising efforts are going well thus far as that will be probably be the hardest part of your marathon!

I’ve to to find those Kashi bars. They are all over the blog world and look so good!

Congrats on your bike purchase – so exciting. Road bikes can be complicated creatures, but you’ll learn quickly. Do you have clip-in pedals? That was the hardest thing for me to get used to when I first started riding.

Your dinner with your dad looked great. I’ve never had boiled yucca – only fried. I want some!

26 Anne P January 23, 2009 at 4:00 am

ahhhhhhhhhh omg i didn’t realize kashi came out with new bars!!! damn being in a foreign country… i don’t know when i’ll get to try them :(

27 Nicole January 23, 2009 at 4:16 am

Hello bike! :D
I want to try the pumpkin bars! They look so yummy.

28 ksgoodeats January 23, 2009 at 8:07 am

Cute bike! I hope you like the chocolate coconut one, that’s my pick :)

29 Sarah W. January 23, 2009 at 8:23 am

the bike looks awesome!!!

30 brandi January 23, 2009 at 9:21 am

Nice to meet you, Blue :) That’s so exciting!!!

I can’t wait to try those chocolate/coconut Kashi bars – they look awesome.

31 Sarah January 23, 2009 at 10:08 am

i can’t find those new kashi bars anywhere—I want them!

have fun with your bike!

32 Krista January 23, 2009 at 10:30 am

Hey, Meghann! I was able to donate! :)

Nice new bike!!

33 Janet January 23, 2009 at 10:52 am

You’re welcome! I hope everyone donates so you can reach your goal soon! :)

34 Paige W January 23, 2009 at 10:58 am

Sorry to donate such a wonky number ($5.96), but I got a $25 Visa giftcard for xmas and I had exactly $5.96 left, so I thought I should just use it up! Hopefully someone will even it out, I’m kinda OCD and prefer whole numbers. Hah

Love your new bike! Enjoy it!

35 Melinda January 23, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Congrats on your new bike! It looks great!

36 Sammie January 23, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Congrats on the new bike. Now I need to go hunt down the Dark Chocolate Coconut bars.

37 Mytastytravels January 24, 2009 at 1:48 am

wow! Those new kashi bars look amazing! Were they really sweet? Sometimes I don’t like if they are too sweet. I just found your blog from Healthy Tipping Point and really like it! I also started my own foodie blog recently and it’s a lot of fun, even though I don’t really have any readers :) Hope you all do well at the 5.2k race!!!!

Kristen :)