more ยป" />

I Will Not Be Afraid…

by Meghann on January 21, 2009

..of the Peanut Butter Scare!

It’s everywhere now! Anything and everything that contains peanut butter is being recalled. So not fair!

I may or may not have ignored the Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar recall and had one as a snack today.

DSCN2050.JPG

What can I say, this one is my fave and I refused to let it go to waste. 8 Hours later and I’m still feeling good, I’ll let you know if that changes. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lunch today was an exciting combination of left overs.

DSCN2052.JPG

From Tuesday night I had the left over Sauteed Kale & Apples and the Autumn Harvest Orzo. I also added some Black Beans for protein.

With the left over eats I had this Gigantic Pear.

DSCN2053.JPG

This baby was huge and I almost didn’t finish it, but no fruit is too big for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

I made it through the afternoon again with no snack! I’m starting to get the hang of this. I discovered I still really need the morning sack, but my afternoon one can be forgotten. For now at least.

However, I did start making dinner at 5:30 again. Oh well. I don’t mind early dinners though, I enjoy eating no matter what time of day it is.

DSCN2064.JPG

You have been seeing a lot of the Olive Oil & Rosemary Foccacia in my meals this week. The bread is so fresh I am trying to eat it up before it goes bad. No one like to see bread go to waste. I think I have been creative with my incorporation of the bread in my meals.

Tonight I made Pizza Toast.

DSCN2070.JPG

I topped a slice of the focaccia with Pizza Sauce and Fat Free Mozz Cheese. I the placed the Pizza Toast under the broiler for 5 minutes. It was AMAZING! The flavorful bread brought so much depth to the over all pizza flavor. I loved it!

With the Pizza Toast I had a serving of roasted veggies.

DSCN2072.JPG

My roasted veggies included Acorn Squash, Eggplant, Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts. I coated them with EVOO, Salt, Pepper, Cumin & Oregano then baked in the oven at 420 for 20 minutes. Yum! I made extra veggies to complete my quick lunch for tomorrow.

For dessert I finished off the last 1/3 of this Dark Chocolate Bar.

DSCN2073.JPG

It feels good knowing I got three servings of dessert out of this chocolate bar. I love making good things last ๐Ÿ™‚

I want to give a BIG THANKS to Caitlin, Biz, Ryan, VeggieGirl, & Victoria for their donations to my TNT efforts. You guys are super awesome! Not only are these great people but they have great blogs as well! Check them out!

So one day down and I’ve raised $90… not bad, not bad… but still have soooo long to go! Come on people this is a great cause keeps those donations coming!

I am very close to launching the T-Shirt website so stay tuned! And I am in the talks for the Blogging Bake Sale! If you would like to bake something for the Blogging Bake Sale please send me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com with what you want to donate to the cause. I will go over the logistics with you and hopefully we can get something set up.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

1 VeggieGirl January 21, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Careful with with the PB eats, girl!! I don’t want you to get sick!!

2 Maggie January 21, 2009 at 7:42 pm

Hooray for being rebellious ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 Matt January 21, 2009 at 7:44 pm

haha i ate one of those yesterday! aren’t the peanut butter larabars amazing!? mmm… i’m still alive so i wouldn’t worry!

i plan on making a donation tonight!

4 Erica January 21, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Hey! I posted a link on my blog today telling people to come! Hopefully you’ll get a few more hits because of it ๐Ÿ˜‰ Both lunch and dinner look amazing. Did you hear they’re recalling dog food too? I don’t know the details yet, but I’m looking into it.

ALSO- arnold’s thins are buy 1 get 1 free at publix this week!

5 Meg January 21, 2009 at 7:45 pm

Two delicious meals! Congrats on the donations. I plan on donating soon!

6 jenngirl January 21, 2009 at 7:52 pm

I’m totally ignoring the pb scare as well….so far so good ๐Ÿ™‚

Delicious meals, I love that pizza toast! And yay for $90! First day, nothing to sneeze at!

7 Kate January 21, 2009 at 8:11 pm

wow! that is brave. I hope you continue to feel ok…I heart black eyed peas!

8 Julie January 21, 2009 at 8:12 pm

I’m ignoring the pb recall too…I hate wasting food! Congrats on the donation and I plan on donating soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Laura January 21, 2009 at 8:14 pm

That bread sounds so good! Please don’t let it go to waste. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don’t think I’ve commented since you announced your fundraising, but I think it’s such a great thing that you are doing! I have no doubt you’ll reach your goal. You seem like a very determined young woman. ๐Ÿ™‚

10 livelaughlyss January 21, 2009 at 8:22 pm

hahahaha i called larabar to get my refund, but then decided i didn’t want to throw away the bar, so i didn’t. ๐Ÿ˜‰ i just donated to your amazing cause; you’re an incredible individual with such admirable drive! i would have donated more if i wasn’t a broke college kid. ๐Ÿ™ good luck!

11 ksgoodeats January 21, 2009 at 8:23 pm

Love the pizza toast! What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, girl – salmonella included ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Sharon January 21, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Wow, everything looks great! And I love the chocolate finale!

13 Sarah January 21, 2009 at 8:28 pm

i’m with you on the bold pb behavior ;-). stay strong!

14 Mica January 21, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I’m glad that you were able to cheat death and fate by eating peanut butter! Great job on your first fundraising day!

15 sweetandnatural January 21, 2009 at 8:50 pm

So brave eating the PB Larabar! That was the only thing recalled that I cared about. I could probably contribute to this blogger bake sale – it is what I do after all! I’ll shoot you an e-mail. ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Ryan January 21, 2009 at 8:52 pm

I have one of those in my pantry staring at me, begging me to eat it. I really don’t want to throw it away! I ate its box companion last week before I knew about the recall and I was fine, so I might take my chances as well!

Thanks for the shout-out! Glad to help out the cause!

17 Amelia January 21, 2009 at 8:54 pm

I hate this PB scare too! Not cool. Especially when I have two PB Clif Bars at home ๐Ÿ™
The pizza toast looks so yummy!

18 inmytummy January 21, 2009 at 9:05 pm

I’m still working on some designs for you. I didn’t forget; I was just super busy at work today!

I’m just happy that jarred PB is okay.

19 Shelby January 21, 2009 at 9:11 pm

I threw away my PB Larabar today =( I almost cried! But I’ve been having awful stomach pains and didn’t need anything else to make me sick. I’m just glad I have my uncontaminated AB and Dark Chocolate PB to keep me satisfied.

YUM! Love the lunch mess and that is a MONSTER of a pear! I agree though, no fruit is to big!

20 Bridget January 21, 2009 at 9:16 pm

I ate a PB cookie Larabar on Monday before I found out they were recalled…and I’m kinda glad I did ๐Ÿ˜‰ It’s my favorite and I had been saving it for weeks since they are hard to find here, it would have broken my heart to throw it away!

21 Hangry Pants January 21, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Mark had a clif bar before he found out and he is now ok (he was mentally affected at first).

You are going to make lots of money! I promise to donate when I get a job. ๐Ÿ˜€

22 Sweet and Fit January 21, 2009 at 9:26 pm

I actually feel like I need more of an afternoon snack than a morning one. I feel like my morning oats really hold me over…but then again I am unemployed and not in school, so I know for a fact taht you start your day and are at work wwwaaaaay before I even get my ass outta bed, so I can totally understand ur more of a need for a mornin’ snackie.

23 Kath January 21, 2009 at 9:40 pm

I’m with you on the snacking. I don’t always need one and have been trying to listen to my stomach for a few months now. Most of the time my afternoon snacks spoil my appetite for dinner. It’s working well! But I do need an earlier dinner on days that I skip a snack.

Yay for PB LaraBars!

24 Sara January 21, 2009 at 9:53 pm

I’m ignoring the PB scare too! I figure there have been worse things out there. My hubby called me today concerned about the Cliff Bars that I bought from Costco…but I told him that I’d eaten most of them already and that I wasn’t sick or dead yet. I don’t think anything could make me stop eating PB! ๐Ÿ™‚

25 Melissa s. January 21, 2009 at 10:08 pm

omg i want your meals…i think you should start your own restaurant! haha!

and of course, right there w/ you on the rejection of pb recall…cause i had a clif bar w/ pb in it for bfast this morning…yeahhhhhh son!

26 Marissa January 21, 2009 at 10:28 pm

I had a not so great stomach over the weekend and my husband kept quizzing me about my possible peanut consumption. Chocolate really is best spaced out!

27 anonymous January 21, 2009 at 10:32 pm

I’m really surprised /upset with everyone’s agreement about ignoring the larabar recall (on your site as well as Kath’s today). Samonella is not something I would like to risk, regardless of how small that risk may be.

Sorry to be so negative. Love your blog and your fundraising initiative.

28 bobbi January 21, 2009 at 10:43 pm

man that dinner looks amazing, I love that pizza toast. BLOGGER FRIENDS ROCK!!!

29 eatingbender January 21, 2009 at 11:46 pm

I definitely don’t like to see bread go to waste ๐Ÿ˜‰ Your dinner looks awesome! And kudos to you for kicking that PB scare to the curb.

30 sarahannmatheny January 22, 2009 at 1:50 am

It will be so sad when you and Kath and I all die from salmonella =)

I gave your awesome fundraising efforts a shout out on my blog and linked both sites (on the fundraising site, though your blog link isn’t working, FYI).

G’night, girly!

31 Holly January 22, 2009 at 9:02 am

Hey, Meghann!! I am excited to see your progress as you train/raise money for your marathon….what a great cause, and I know you will have no problemo raising the money. ๐Ÿ™‚

32 brandi January 22, 2009 at 9:30 am

Great eats!

I’m figuring out budget stuff in the next few days, so I should be able to donate soon!

33 Meredith January 22, 2009 at 8:53 pm

You’re so brave! I’m too scared to eat my PB lara bar ๐Ÿ™
I wish I had a job so I could donate, but I’m currently living off of student loans. I posted about your cause on my blog though, so hopefully you’ll get some more traffic that way! Good luck! I had a dog that died of lymphoma. Thank you for the good work you’re doing!

34 Paul Andre January 23, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Ou-yo-yu what a nice site!

==