Treadmill Intervals

by Meghann on January 20, 2009

Good Morning Lovelies!

There was definitely a chill in the air when I awoke this morning. With the cold and the wind I decided today would be a good day to test out Tina’s 45 Minute Treadmill Work Out the blog world has been raving about lately. Since I am printer-less in my apartment, I hand wrote the interval work out and headed out to my apartment gym.

I turned on the gym TV, hopped on the treadmill that is probably older then I am and busted out the intervals with ease. I really, really enjoyed having the pre planned work out on the treadmill. It gave me something to focus on and really changed the work out up. I did cheat a few times and when it said to go at a 7 I might have bumped it up to an 8 or 9.

I actually think the 45 minutes was the longest time I have ever spent on a treadmill at one time. I was nice and sweat at the end. The treadmill claimed I burned 600 calories…. this made me LOL. I really hope there is no one out there that truly goes by the calories burned on this treadmill.

When I returned I decided to test out a new cereal I picked up on sale yesterday.

DSCN2020

I have been wanting a granola for a while and found this one in the reduced section for $1.99, I didn’t even have to think twice putting it in my cart.

I grabbed a handful of the granola as I was preparing my breakfast and discovered why it was reduced….it’s not very good. I went back and re read the ingredients, there is not one mention of sugar or any form of sugar. Ooppss… If you hate sweet cereal or granola then this is for you, other wise you might want to stay away.

DSCN2014

I decided the unsweet granola would be perfect with some yogurt and actually enjoyed it in my combination this morning. I would not eat this stuff plain but it makes a great addition to something else that has been sweetened.

DSCN2018

I had ¼ cup of the Granola, ½ cup Kashi H2H, ½ cup Kashi Mighty Bites, Strawberries, Blackberries, Grapes, & Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt. It was quite a bowl of yummy cereal.

Today is going to be a good day. I don’t have sound on my work computer, but my supervisor is going to have the Podcast of the inauguration streamlining on her laptop throughout the day so I can witness the history in making. Its so exciting!

Will everyone else be watching Obama take office?

1 Mica January 20, 2009 at 8:58 am

Ugh, classes start today, and my first one is at 11am CT. BUMMER!

Sorry your religious granola (Ezekiel 4:9?) wasn’t very sweet. I really liked making granola myself. I can control how much of everything goes in it (no cashew bits!), and it’s MUCH cheaper.

Have a great day at work!

2 ttfn300 January 20, 2009 at 8:59 am

ooh, i didn’t like that granola too much, either… i hope to be watching, they’re streaming it in the auditorium downstairs at work, so i should be able to get down there!

3 Beadie January 20, 2009 at 9:04 am

Everytime I read about those treadmill workouts, I make a mental note to go check them out and I never do! What is wrong with me???

4 Dori January 20, 2009 at 9:17 am

It’s interesitng – I always find that the elliptical gives much higher numbers of calories burned than I really burn, but the treadmill usually is pretty close to my real number, and if I am doing a long run, the calories are actually LESS than my HRM. But my gym is fancy and probably has the newest, nicest treadmills.

Anyway, glad you did the 45 min run – it’s my favorite!

5 fitforfree January 20, 2009 at 9:18 am

that ezekiel cereal is wonderful with soymilk and fruit as well . . .

My whole office will be watching Obama at noon in the conference room 🙂

6 caitlin January 20, 2009 at 9:24 am

glad you liked the treadmill workout!

we’re watching the inaug later tonight. 🙂

i think you prob didnt like the ezekial cereal because you thought it was granola and its really just cereal (kind of like Grape Nuts). whenever i am expecting something to taste one way and it doesnt, i hate it 🙂

i need to send that $$ to paypal. remind me later tonight if you dont get any thing!! SORRY.

hey i spoke to gina and she said she wasnt sure if she was coming down for the race now. do you want to arrange back-up plans for friday night at that vegan place we always wanted to try??

7 Amanda January 20, 2009 at 9:25 am

I love that treadmill run! It’s been a while since I’ve done it, but it always makes the time go by quickly!

They are streaming the Inaguration in a conference room at work, so I may go down there or just watch cnn.com with my headphones if I’m busy!

HAVE A GREAT DAY 🙂

8 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 20, 2009 at 9:44 am

I’ve been wanting to try Tina’s treadmill workout…maybe next week as I’m all about yoga this week. 🙂

I love Ezekiel brand cereals. The cinnamon-raisin is my favorite! However, I never buy them because of the price. $1.99?!? That’s a steal. They are $5 here.

Happy Tuesday Meghann.

9 redheadyellowdog January 20, 2009 at 9:57 am

We got a snow day today!!! So I will be watching Obama all day long. Hopefully I can get through the snow to the apartment gym..otherwise I might take your advice and find some exercises on netflix.

10 VeggieGirl January 20, 2009 at 10:03 am

Great workout and breakfast!!

Happy Tuesday!!

11 Meg January 20, 2009 at 10:07 am

Great breakfast! I really need to try Tina’s workout too!

12 Sarah January 20, 2009 at 10:13 am

I love that workout — such a good challenge and it keeps things interesting. 45’s the most i’ve ever been able to spend on a treadmill, too!

no inaug for me today (boo!), even though my office is broadcasting it, too. i’ll be out on home visits more or less from 11-5!

13 Sharon January 20, 2009 at 10:14 am

Wow, that cereal looks amazing. Almonds? Yum!

14 Jaime January 20, 2009 at 10:27 am

what inclines did you put your treadmill on with the different percentages..

15 Marissa January 20, 2009 at 10:43 am

I’m at work so I won’t be able to watch it 🙁

I did drink my coffee in my Obama mug to show support though, LOL 🙂

16 Sara January 20, 2009 at 10:56 am

That stinks that the cereal wasn’t good. Cascadian Farms makes a really good Cinnamon Raisin Granola. We’ve got the Inaguration playing in the conference room here at my office. 🙂

17 Eliza January 20, 2009 at 11:04 am

i want to try that treadmill workout. i usually get bored but it seems like a great routine! we get a break during classes today to watch the inaguration! so exciting!

18 Krista January 20, 2009 at 11:08 am

I was surprised with my first taste of Ezekiel granola, too! And I found it really hard. At least the yogurt helps to soften it a bit so your teeth don’t break!!

19 Kristin January 20, 2009 at 11:09 am

Meghann,
I don’t like that cereal ‘plain’ either!
BUT what I do is heat it up with some soy milk-it’s just like grapenuts and very filling! Sometimes I’ll add some dried fruit for extra sweetness too =)

20 Danielle January 20, 2009 at 11:12 am

Mais oui! Bien sûr 🙂

21 sarahannmatheny January 20, 2009 at 11:25 am

Pretty bowl, even if it didn’t taste the greatest.

I’m sold on Tina’s workout…I’ll have to try it soon!

Yes, today is very historical and I’ll be catching as much as I can of the inaug.

22 Hangry Pants January 20, 2009 at 11:37 am

I am watching right now! It’s super exciting.

Great job on the treadmill this morning. At my house the treadmill does not allow you to put in age or weight and it gave me the most ridiculous calorie burn information. Do you know how many cals. you actually burned.

Heather

23 brandi January 20, 2009 at 11:37 am

Those cereals are really good heated up with a little milk – definitely not sweet, though 🙂

I need to try that treadmill workout, too.

24 bobbi January 20, 2009 at 11:42 am

watching it on the couch:) Thanks for the review I ll make sure not to get those.

25 biz319 January 20, 2009 at 11:45 am

Good deal on that cereal!

Nope, won’t be watching. We can’t stream at work and all the attorneys in my office headed to an attorney’s house that is close by to watch it. As she stopped by to pick up my attorney, she looked at me and said “sorry, support staff has to stay.”

I’ll watch it tonight on youtube!

26 Kate January 20, 2009 at 11:45 am

Kudos to you for the early workout! I really struggle doing any treadmill workout in the morning and I don’t know why! I’m such a morning person, but for some reason cardio on my own in the am (aka not a class) is really hard for me. Pretty fruit as usual:)

27 Bridget January 20, 2009 at 11:49 am

Oh the treadmill…not many other options here when its snow covered 🙁 sometimes it seriously sucks though haha…I need to try that workout!

Bummer about the granola but at least you can mix it with other stuff…like beautiful yogurt and fruit!

28 Erica January 20, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Sorry the cereal wasn’t very good! What a bummer!

I am not watching it, but they are down the hall and I can hear it. 😉

Hope you have a great day girl

29 ksgoodeats January 20, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Great sale on the granola! Sorry you weren’t a huge fan!

Have a great Tuesday!!

30 Marianne January 20, 2009 at 12:57 pm

I got the streaming video up just in time to watch Joe Biden sworn in, then Obama & his speech. Although I’m sure it will be replayed countless times on the news tonight. Very exciting.

Too bad your granola wasn’t as good as you hoped. You should try making your own – it’s really easy 😀

31 elise January 20, 2009 at 1:21 pm

no sugar, ick. whenever that happens to me i end up dumping in massive amounts of vanilla silk soy milk to add extra sweetness.

i got the chills while watching the inaug…SO great!!!

im gonna try that treadmill work out, itll be a nice distraction constantly changing inclines and mph. i always laugh when they give out kcals burned…even the heart rate monitors are sometimes way out of wack. i hope people dont truly rely on those for accuracy.

32 Alexia January 20, 2009 at 1:28 pm

I HATE the tredmill! It’s so boring. I can;t wait for it to get warm so I can walk outside. 🙁

I watched the Swearing In and the Speech and then had to go back to work. Bummer!

Breakfast looks fab!

33 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 20, 2009 at 1:42 pm

I just printed that workout to try out this week! Everyone really has been raving about it! I watched Obama today at my lunch break while I did the elliptical. Very exciting!

34 Shelby January 20, 2009 at 2:02 pm

I love those granolas! My fav is the cinnamon raisin. I agree though, it’s not sweet enough for some people. Try it heated up with some soymilk and maybe some sweetener (if you need it), it tastes fabulous!

35 Cassidy January 20, 2009 at 3:38 pm