Monday, Monday, Monday

by Meghann on January 19, 2009

Happy Monday!

I know its Monday, but I’m trying to be upbeat and cheerful. I’m trying to push the idea out of my head that everyone work place in America has the day off, but my company has chained me at a desk for the day. Is anyone else out there actually working today as well? Don’t worry we’ll get through this day together!

I was kind of bummed I did not get any of the planned runs I was aiming for this weekend. I did get a 5 miler in on Saturday but I was hoping to at least one run in that was over 7 miles. I am going to try to do a longer run tomorrow and then work on speed training for the remainder of the week leading up to my 5.2k on Saturday.

This morning I did ease myself back in to the week with a 4.47 mile run in 43:15.

Thanks to my parent’s visit I had plenty of great yummy choices for breakfast this morning and the rest of the week. During my run my mind was drifting to the great scone I purchased at the Farmers Market yesterday so that was what I had to have.

DSCN1986

The Mango Papaya Scone was perfectly Buttery and Crumbly with pieces of dried mango and papaya interspersed through out the scone. A true Farmers Market winner.

DSCN1991

With the Scone I enjoyed a Fruit and Granola Combo.

DSCN1987

With my Non-Fat Vanilla Yogurt I mixed in Strawberries, Grapes and Apple. It was delish and complimented the scone nicely. In fact I was licking up the remaining yogurt in the bowl with pieces of the scone.

I loved the fresh baked good we found at the Farmers Market yesterday as well as the Pasta and Fresh Fruit. What’s your favorite Farmers Market Find?

1 VeggieGirl January 19, 2009 at 8:30 am

AMAZING EATS!!

**Favorite FM find = any and all delectable fresh produce.

Good luck with work today!!

2 Amanda January 19, 2009 at 8:50 am

UGHHH I am working today too!!! The commute in here was dead … I do feel like the only person working! We’ll get through it 🙂

3 Lee January 19, 2009 at 8:53 am

I have to work today. I live in Atlanta; the entire city seems to be closed except my office. Blah.

4 Taylor Leigh January 19, 2009 at 8:55 am

Hey Meghann! I just read your post from yesterday and Plant City strawberries ROCK! And your breakfast: Scone and Fruit parfait sounds so yummy!!

I’m sure a lot of people are in their office today! Just think it will go by faster than what you think 🙂

5 Bridget January 19, 2009 at 8:57 am

I’m working too!! Booo!!! That scone looks amazing! I love incredible farmers market baked good, but I strawberries are one of my fav purchases from farmers markets when they are in season…they are always 200 times more amazing than anything in grocery stores!

6 Justy2003 January 19, 2009 at 8:58 am

Yummy looking scone!
I love all the fresh produce at the farmer’s market, but they also have amazing hummus at the one I go to! Soooo much better than store-bought!

7 Nicole January 19, 2009 at 9:04 am

The scone looks fabulous!

8 Shelby January 19, 2009 at 9:05 am

That scone is making my mouth water 😉

And so is that fruit! YUM!

I’ve sadly never been to a farmers market =(

9 Emily January 19, 2009 at 9:11 am

That breakfast looks yummy, and I am working today as well. I know how you feel though, I just realized that everyone else probably has the day off!

I LOVE going to the farmers market with my mom. In the summer time we would go every Wednesday morning. I cant say there was ever really one thing that was my “favorite” find. I just loved the experience and the tradition of meeting my mom there in the morning and getting yummy…and cheap!…fruits and veggies.

Hope your Monday goes well, despite being chained to the desk! dont work too hard, remember, everyone else has the day off! haha

10 Ryan January 19, 2009 at 9:12 am

I have my internship off this morning, but I have to work this afternoon. So I’m halfway there with you 🙂

My favorite FM find was a yellow-meated watermelon I discovered over the summer…YUM!

11 Erica January 19, 2009 at 9:18 am

What a fabulous breakfast! Look at all those fresh goodies…super jealous 😉 Yes, of course I am working as well! Why does it seem like you and I are ALWAYS working?

12 strongandhealthy January 19, 2009 at 9:20 am

Great breakfast! I love scones! The best thing about the farmers market is the fresh fruit!!! Have a great Monday!

13 caitlin January 19, 2009 at 9:22 am

my work doesnt do MLK day either. i dont think most companies do, unfortuantely. 🙁

14 Andrea [bella eats] January 19, 2009 at 9:24 am

Yummy eats! I’m working today too… 🙁

I love our summer farmer’s market, we get all veggies that we don’t grow in our own garden at the market every weekend. It makes me feel great to support our local farmers!

15 Sarah W. January 19, 2009 at 9:25 am

I’m working today too! But I have NO work to do! argh! hopefully I can leave early once my boss gets back to me……..

I love goign to the farmers market in the sumemr time and the availability of FRESHly picked flowers like Zinnias and gerberas which are my FAVORITES!

16 dailygoods January 19, 2009 at 9:33 am

that scone looks amazing! gah, don’t worry i’m right there with you at work! its awful!!! i love getting fresh fruit at the farmers market… and also preserves 🙂

17 Amy January 19, 2009 at 9:35 am

Sorry you’re at work 🙁 I know youll get through it though! Love the scone—I’ve never heard of such a tropical flavored baked good. Unique! Sounds so good!

18 BBQ Peaches January 19, 2009 at 9:39 am

Ugh. I’m working too…and I live in MEMPHIS! Where the Civil Rights Museum is located! You’d think I’d have it off.

19 Kristie Lynn January 19, 2009 at 9:41 am

I have class today… apparently my college doesn’t think it’s an important enough holiday to give us the day off. Sigh.

20 Meg January 19, 2009 at 9:43 am

That scone looks beyond amazing.

I am working today, but I wish I had off because I am sick.

21 Mica January 19, 2009 at 9:51 am

That scone picture made me so hungry–I love mango!

My favorite farmer’s market thing is probably nice tomatoes, not gross, pithy ones from the grocery store!

22 kaneil January 19, 2009 at 9:54 am

Don’t you worry, I’m working, too! It took no time to get to my downtown office – apparently some people have the day off! 🙁

Hang in there!

Your Farmer’s Market purchases look amazing. I am totally envious of your fresh goodies in Florida! I need to look into fresh produce around Colorado…

23 Allison January 19, 2009 at 9:55 am

I’m supposed to be at work today, but took a vacation day – so don’t worry, all the lovely folks at American Greetings are chained to their desks as well!

24 ksgoodeats January 19, 2009 at 10:03 am

That scone sounds fabulous! My favorite Farmer’s market find is any type of berry – they’re always juicier!

25 Rose January 19, 2009 at 10:06 am

That’s really lame that your company made you work on MLK day! I’m really surprised. But you have a good attitude – just get through it! I am off today, but I’m sure that there are others who are working.

Fav Farmer’s Market Find? Fresh strawberries. OH! I forgot about the buckets of different greens they have @ the Farmer’s Market in DC – it’s such a beautiful thing to look at.

26 Hangry Pants January 19, 2009 at 10:09 am

Mark is working!

I love your scone. My favorite Farmer’s Market find is super delicious super fresh fruit!

27 lauren January 19, 2009 at 10:23 am

I am working – and my day is packed with meetings – ughh! cant wait for farmer’s markets to start up again – i love getting fresh fruits.

28 Maggie January 19, 2009 at 10:30 am

I love scones so much! My company sucks, so I’m working today as well. Ick. Good luck with your day!

29 Brandi January 19, 2009 at 10:45 am

Yum – that scone looks great!

My favorite Farmer’s market find so far was some freshly ground honey roasted peanut butter – it was just peanuts and SO good.

30 melissaeats January 19, 2009 at 10:51 am

I tagged you 🙂

31 Melissa January 19, 2009 at 10:53 am

Sorry my link didn’t show up on the last one…not sure why

32 Melissa S. January 19, 2009 at 11:06 am

mmm…yummy fm scone! i love going to the fm for the sweet/wheat breads, fresh vegan tamales and of course my one vice: fresh kettle corn.

and i’m working today…right there with you babe!

33 Sharon January 19, 2009 at 11:22 am

I’m hoping to go next weekend to the FM! The market is on the other side of the city, so it is a hassle just to go there. But my sister is coming down to visit, so I can’t wait to show her!

34 kristi January 19, 2009 at 11:34 am

Sorry you have to work today, Meghann!!

On the plus side, your b-fast looked realllly yummy!

35 Danielle January 19, 2009 at 11:35 am

Today was my first day of school! Granted they don’t celebrate MLK day here… but if it makes you feel better :). Hope your day brightens up!

My favorite Farmers Market find is homemade preserves. Yum!

36 Leslie January 19, 2009 at 11:52 am

I have to work today too! I’m glad I’m not the only one…

I also have to work on Columbus Day and other various holidays throughout the year. They like to torture me, really. At least there isn’t much to do on days when no one else is at work!

37 sarahannmatheny January 19, 2009 at 11:52 am

I am a sucka for scones. YUUUUUM!

My favorite thing at the Farmer’s Market, besides the fresh flowers, fruit and veggies is the Kettle Corn. So addictive and so good. No matter how I try to replicate it at home, its never as good. I just need a huge kettle for the backyard =)

38 Beadie January 19, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Yes, I am at work too 🙁

That scone looks awesome!

39 Sarah January 19, 2009 at 12:09 pm

that scone looks so light and buttery and flaky, like it would melt in your mouth. and mango papaya … i can’t even imagine!

i’d say my favorite farmers’ market treat — after all the fresh produce — is the apple cider doughnuts. they’re covered with a grainy layer of cinnamon sugar and always warm, mmmm.

40 biz319 January 19, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Yep, working today too – bummer!

I love the cinnamon chip scones at Starbucks, til I found out how many calories they were!

My favorite farmers market find is cheese! It’s a small farm from Wisconsin that drives in and they have the most unusual cheeses – and free taste tests!

That’s one of my favorite things about summer is farmers markets – I guess you have yours all year round since its warm??

41 Marianne January 19, 2009 at 12:17 pm

I’m working! But I’m not in the US, so I guess that doesn’t count, eh?

I love when I can find a great rustic bread or artisan cheese at the farmer’s market. And obviously, some great fresh berries wouldn’t hurt either 😀

42 Victoria January 19, 2009 at 12:25 pm

That scone sounds so wonderful.
When we lived in LA, the husband and I got addicted to this salsa we would get at the farmers market (by like the gallon), and I miss it so much it hurts. 🙁 We’ve tried (and failed) to replicate it so many times.

43 bobbi January 19, 2009 at 12:47 pm

do you know I have actaully never eaten a scone, I always heard they were terrible for you. But I now know that there are some healthy recipes out there, and healthier versions in the store! You inspired me last night to go out and get froyo:)

44 Mel January 19, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Don’t worry, I have to work today too!

My favorite farmer’s market finds are the fresh baby produce, especially the baby potatoes and the cheese. It’s one of the only places I can get my chicken soup cheese!

45 Raspberry Runner January 19, 2009 at 1:07 pm

I don’t have class, but I did wake up early for work!

At my farmer’s market, I liked buying these baby zephyr squashes that looked like little zucchinis, but they were yellow and light green striped! So delicious sauteed! Also found some purple green beans once! They were purple when they were raw (and really good dipped in hummus!) and they turned green when you cooked them!

46 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 19, 2009 at 1:50 pm

We buy grass fed finished beef in bulk at the Farmers Market. It taste so good and is surprisingly very lean…also, much cheaper than Whole Foods!

Scone looked delicious. I had to work today. 🙁

Good luck with the running this week Meghann! 🙂

47 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 19, 2009 at 5:53 pm

I worked today too, which I thought was rather ironic because in the past I’ve always been home and Ross worked, but today Ross (a teacher) had off and I worked.

But I did find out there’s a nearby Farmer’s Market today!! Apparently it hides behind a flea market close to my apartment on the weekends lol.

48 Red Head, Yellow Dog January 19, 2009 at 6:16 pm

favorite farmers market find: pumpkin butter!!!

And today was my first day at my job so I was working along with ya

49 Alison January 19, 2009 at 7:14 pm

I’m a baker and we never get holidays off so, yes, I had to work today as well! I feel your pain.

50 EAT! January 19, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I had to work today – but I’m a personal chef so I get to cook while I work.

Your scones are a great combo of flavors. I don’t make scones often enough.