more ยป" />

Hurricane Overload

by Meghann on January 18, 2009

I have a confession to make, last night I was not on my best behavior with food and drinks, but boy did I have a great time. :)

DSCN1892.JPG

My friend Derek, came in from Tampa and we had big plans for a night out on the town at CItyWalk ( a touristy destination by Universal that has some fun bars and night life). Unfortunately he was a little later then originally planned so I made myself a small snack of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest with Apple sauce around 5:00.

DSCN1871.JPG

When he finally arrived after 8:00 we were both starving and rushed to the one of my favorite restaurants at CityWalk, Bubba Gumps.

DSCN1873.JPG

I love, love love this place, but they don’t have the best healthy options. My favorite thing I always order is their ‘Bucket of Trash’ which is a bucket filled of a fried seafood medley. It is really the only thing I ever get there.

DSCN1877.JPG

I knew in the back of my mind that I could not just order the Bucket of Trash and feel good about it, so my friend Derek was gracious enough to split the trash and the Pear and Berry Salad with me.

DSCN1880.JPG

I also ordered a side of Broccoli for the hell of it.

DSCN1875.JPG

Splitting the dishes was a great alternative to one large fried meal. I still got to eat exactly what I wanted in moderation with some veggies thrown in.

My share of the Salad.

DSCN1882.JPG

And my first plate of the fried goodness.

DSCN1879.JPG

Granted, I did return to the bucket for quite a few more nibbles of the seafood and fries.

I also enjoyed a Shock Top with my dinner.

DSCN1872.JPG

After dinner we walked to the infamous Pat O’Briens. Derek and I both enjoyed our ‘normal’ sized Hurricanes.

DSCN1883.JPG DSCN1884.JPG

THe last time Derek and I ventured to Pat O’Briens we met an amazing group of new friends from Boston who shared the extra large Hurricane with us. This time we met even more amazing people who shared a table with us and kept refilling our drinks when we were looking.

DSCN1895.JPG

I love the atmosphere in Pat O’Briens. They are famous for their dueling pianos entertainments and last night was particularly entertaining.

DSCN1886.JPG

We had great seats right by the piano and were able to make numerous song requests and discovered a $5 tip instead of $1 moved your request to the front of the line. :)

DSCN1888.JPG

I had a blast singing at the top of my lungs and dancing like a fool.

DSCN1915.JPG

Some point during the night we discovered our new friend’s ability to position her leg behind her head.

DSCN1898.JPG

I attempted with little success to do the same.

DSCN1897.JPG

With the unknown knowledge of exactly how many drinks I consumed due to the bottomless pit that was my cup I have to admit I don’t exactly remember getting home last night. There may or may not have been an incident in CityWalk involving myself, a trash can and my dinner. I’m not particularly proud of that moment.

Luckily Derek had a little bit more control then myself and was my DD for the night. That’s a true friend.

I have this uncanny ability after a night of partying a bit to hard of waking up at 7:30am wide awake and ready to roll. I also woke up STARVING, so we drove to my favorite breakfast place, First Watch.

DSCN1927.JPG

I ordered the Veg-D Out Egg White Omelette, which came with a dry English Muffin and Hashbrowns.

DSCN1929.JPG

I devoured the entire plate as well as two cup of Hot Tea. I felt so much better after I had that yummy greasy food in my tummy.

Today, my parents are bringing Scooby up as a play date for Abbie. Hopefully I won’t crash and burn before the day is over, we shall see. Have a great Sunday!

1 marafaye January 18, 2009 at 11:09 am

Well, best behavior or not, it still sounds like a GREAT night!!!

2 Shelby January 18, 2009 at 11:15 am

Sounds like so much fun!!!
Great food too. =)

3 Mica January 18, 2009 at 11:16 am

Who had a fun night? You did! Glad you had a great time and ate delicious fried food! You’re so healthy 99% of the time; you deserve to splurge!

4 everydayrace January 18, 2009 at 11:21 am

hahah you yakked in a trash can at city walk!?!?! thats freaking awesomeeeee!

5 jenngirl January 18, 2009 at 11:25 am

haha sounds like a FUN night to me!! Glad you enjoyed it, sorry about the trash can episode though…happens to the best of us ;)

6 carolinebee January 18, 2009 at 11:27 am

HAHA this is AMAZING! I can’t believe that woman busted out the leg pretzel..well, actually I can, looks like you’re pretty close too! That sounds so fun, sorry about the little incident but whatevs, have fun today!!

7 ttfn300 January 18, 2009 at 11:28 am

sounds like an awesome night :)

8 VeggieGirl January 18, 2009 at 11:38 am

Such a blast!!!

9 Nicole January 18, 2009 at 11:39 am

Hahaa this sounds like an AMAZING night! You were pretty close to getting your leg behind your head, girl!

It was super fun to read about your night!

10 Kaneil January 18, 2009 at 11:44 am

I LOVE Pat O’s! I can’t go there with cash in my pocket, otherwise I feel the need to request every song I know!

Glad you went all out and enjoyed yourself. It’s all about balance! i thought twice about going out this weekend because I’ve worked so hard to stick to my 100% healthy lifestyle – but socializing should be part of that! :)

Kaneil

11 kristi January 18, 2009 at 11:45 am

Oh my goodness, you crack me up! That looks like So muh fun (well, minus the trashcan incident ) haha. I can’t wait to live in a much bigger city and have all those fun places to go to!

12 Steph January 18, 2009 at 12:02 pm

haha looks like fun! and don’t be embarrassed, trust- we alllll have those nights and you may not be proud of it the day after but it’s fun to look back on ;)

13 Allison January 18, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Looks like you had a really fun night! (minus the run in with the trash can!) Those Hurricanes are making me thirsty! :)

14 Amy January 18, 2009 at 12:04 pm

You look SO freakin’ hot in those pictures! And beautiful, glowing, and full of happiness! I love it :D

I have the same drunken behavior—waking up early, starving, and ready to take on the day :) I don’t get hungover—do you?

Glad you had a fun night!

15 Amy January 18, 2009 at 12:05 pm

oh, ps—forgot: I am really impressed with your eating strategy at dinner. Healthy mixed with fun and moderation. You are TRULY inspiring to me meg! thank you :)

16 Sharon January 18, 2009 at 12:15 pm

HAHAHAH, what an awesome night you had! That is super!!!

17 K January 18, 2009 at 12:20 pm

What a FUN night!! I love piano bars :)

Perfect post drinking meal as well!

18 Sweet and Fit January 18, 2009 at 12:28 pm

looks like you had a blast last night! its nice to see how you still eat in moderation, even at unhealthy places…i have to hand it to you for still ordering a side of broccoli!

19 Bridget January 18, 2009 at 12:28 pm

What a fun night!!

20 Olga January 18, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Hahaha it’s so awesome that you met a great couple…with hidden talents! And I LOVE the pic of you dancing away, it looks like so much fun! =]

21 elise January 18, 2009 at 12:38 pm

hahaha, dont we all have those kinds of night?! love it! ive been unable to connect to the internet for a week or so now, and im embarassed by what kind of binge eating went down while i was unable to blog…BAD news. let’s just say, im glad to be back and able to read blogs and get back to honestly reporting my daily grub

22 Sarah W. January 18, 2009 at 12:53 pm

sounds like you had a fab time w/ your friend! its always nice to let loose every once in a while :) glad you had a good time!

23 Sarah January 18, 2009 at 12:54 pm

haha, glad to see you’re not beating yourself up about overdoing it last night. we all need to let loose once in a while! enjoy your day with the fam

24 sarahannmatheny January 18, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Looking HOT mamacita! Glad you had such a fun night…you need one of those every now and then!

Have a great day!

25 redheadyellowdog January 18, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Ah those pat o hurricanes take me back to college nights on Beale Street!

love your outfit. very cute top!

26 Derek January 18, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Dr. Hann (minus Em) strikes again! Ridiculously awesome night meg…even while I was holding your hair back. =) Now it’s your turn to make a trip to Tampa. Check that busy schedule of yours and let me know ok?

27 MaryBe January 18, 2009 at 2:10 pm

I honestly feel it was the broccoli that made you pay homage to the trash can, not the drinks. No…not the drinks!

28 Danielle January 18, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Looks like you had a ton of fun!
It’s okay to not be on your best behavior on a fun night like that!

29 strongandhealthy January 18, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Hell yes for a fun night! You deserve it!!!

30 Anne P January 18, 2009 at 2:20 pm

lol… that’s amazing about the trash can/dinner incident ;) looks like it was worth it!!

31 Julie January 18, 2009 at 2:22 pm

What a fun night!!!

32 Marissa January 18, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Looks like a very fun night!

33 sweetandnatural January 18, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Fun night! Hope you’re feeling better this morning. ;-)

34 Andrea January 18, 2009 at 4:40 pm

Yay! Another lush blogger on the scene! ;) Glad you had a good time, even if it didn’t end proudly – but those usually end up being the best anyways!

35 bobbi January 18, 2009 at 5:14 pm

man I miss Pats!!! We had one in Memphis, I spent many college nights there. I am so glad you had a great time, I can’t believe I am not drinking for 16 weeks!!! But it will be a heck of a celebration:)

36 Alexia January 18, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Looks like you had a FUN and EVENTFUL night! HA HA! Glad you are feeling better today!

37 Marianne January 18, 2009 at 6:26 pm

What exactly are all those seafood critters in the bucket? I can’t tell from the pic.

Looks like you had a fun night though. I can almost get my leg behind my head – can’t believe you were trying that at the bar though! HA!

38 biz319 January 18, 2009 at 6:28 pm

What a fun night! I love how your mouth turned red from the drink!

I can’t do sugary drinks anymore – wait, I take that back, I still like my appletini’s – but one is my limit then its back to beer or wine!

I am bringing back the BSI recipe contest! Hope you’ll join me – you are always so creative with those dishes!

39 MaryBe January 18, 2009 at 6:28 pm

At least you didn’t lose your camera!

40 Melissa S. January 18, 2009 at 8:31 pm

haha! what a great night…look at you you dancing queen!

can’t wait till next weekend! ;)

41 Meghann January 18, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Marianne – It’s fish, Shrimp and Slipper Lobster. :)

42 Brandi January 18, 2009 at 8:53 pm

That looks like a fun place! And that salad looks really good.

I’m glad you had fun!

43 Ryan January 18, 2009 at 9:11 pm

1. That first picture of you is GORGEOUS! It looks like you had an amazing time! I recognize the pianist from the night I was there! Plus, those Hurricanes are way too good to resist, so you cannot possibly be blamed for consuming too many! haha

2. I’m totally trying the Bucket of Trash next time I go to Bubba Gumps, because it looks so so good!

3. When I drink, I too wake up at ungodly hours of the morning after even 3 or 4 hours of sleep, totally ready to go! It’s such a weird thing!

44 Ryane January 18, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Oooh I love Pat Obriens – well any piano bar really! So much fun. And I do the same thing when I’m hungover – when I wake up, I’m up and at ‘em. I always seem to find the most random things to do at that point too, like buy tools at home depot or go sledding by myself at 8 am… normal things!

Looking forward to seeing everything you make with your goods from the farmers market – looks yummy!

And heyyyy another girl Ryan(e)!

45 Rosie August 13, 2009 at 3:14 pm

i love pat o’ brien’s!

[and my favorite one is the guy in your picture... does he always wear that? lol...]

46 RhodeyGirl July 26, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Friend… or BOYYYYFRIENDDDD!

Love this old post!

47 Summah July 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm

I was just about to say I love all the “my friend, Derek” references :)

48 Derek September 8, 2010 at 3:04 pm

one of the best nights of my life…

=)

49 Courtney W January 13, 2012 at 9:18 am

Randomly stumbled on this post and scrolled down to leave a comment. Loved that I saw Derek’s comment from over year later. So happy you two are engaged now :) planning the rest of your lives together!
Courtney W recently posted..Perspective

50 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 18, 2012 at 8:07 pm

It must be so fun for you to go back in time and read these posts!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..{I Bleed Orange} Blood Orange Chobani Cookies

51 Debby January 18, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I love that Derek added a comment years later. Awwww

52 Mary @ food and fun on the run September 11, 2012 at 11:35 am

This post is hilarious! S0 glad you linked it up on your 4 year birthday post! love Derek’s baby face in the photo – and now you are getting married in 4 months :) Love it!
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..Rainy Day Running