Through the Years

by Meghann on January 16, 2009

I’m glad you guys enjoyed my blast from the past photo in my previous post.

Yes, that is in fact me in that photo which was taken in July of ‘06 when I was about 20 pounds heavier and my hair was darker and longer. I never thought about how different I looked then compared to now until I started reading the comments and reviewed a lot of my older pictures on Facebook. Its amazing the changes we go through that are never reflected in a mirror, but can be seen in photo. \

It’s not always just changes in weight either (though that does pay a huge role) but changes in hair, the way we carry ourselves, and the contour of our faces, that really stand out in comparison.

For instance, every year my sister and I take a picture in front of the family Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve, check out the comparison of us over the last 4 years.

2005                                                                                2006

n5207154_30449641_4563 n5207154_34961765_4027

2007                                                                             2008

n5207154_41660582_9239  n5207154_48539597_2543

Insane right?

If you have the time I suggest going through old pictures on your computer and comparing them side by side to really see the difference through the years. 🙂

Ok back to food.

My morning snack today was actually suppose to be yesterday’s afternoon snack, but I got trapped in meetings so never had a chance to eat it.

DSCN1833

It’s one of my faves, a Tangerine dipped in Cashew Butter…. Yum!

DSCN1834

Lunch was a Mish Mosh Salad with some Pita Chips and Salsa

DSCN1835

The Salad Contained:

• Spinach
  • Cucumber
  • Tomato
  • Broccoli Slaw
  • Apple
  • Black Beans
  • Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
  • Pecans
  • Pumpkin Seeds
  • Annie’s Yogurt Cucumber Dressing

It was a very filling great combination of flavors. I really enjoyed the combination of Apple with the Black Beans and now have some ideas on how I want to explore that flavor combination further.

DSCN1840

After lunch I wanted a cookie some reason so I grabbed a small handful of Teddy Grahams on my way out the door.

DSCN1842

Ok, so now you know my sister and I have the tradition of taking a picture in front of our Christmas tree, does anyone else have any sort of yearly photo tradition they can go back and compare from over the years?

1 caitlin January 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm

your family has so many cute photo traditions. i love it. we don’t really have any…. but i do have about 100000 pictures of my BFF sarah in the same eact position (she takes a self portrait of herself with my digital camera all the time). lol.

yay for seeing u!!

2 dailygoods January 16, 2009 at 2:20 pm

wow megan what a transformation! congrats to you big time for all of your progress 🙂 i wish i had those kidn of photo traditions, wish i did!

3 Sarah W. January 16, 2009 at 2:24 pm

No yearly photo tradition here!

But, your photo earlier did prompt me to go through my old photos in facebook and I think I am giongn to chronical my weight as motivation and add a page to my blog 🙂

I started a scrapbook of pictures of just me and hubby (then boyfriend/fiancee) for the past 5 yrs and its neat to see how we’ve changed! I have a lot of catching up to do in that album b/c the last picture I added was from our engagement photo session in Oct 08 – eeek!

4 Beadie January 16, 2009 at 2:35 pm

It is awesome to see your changes, you look great!!

We don’t have any photo traditions 🙁 I don’t like to have my photo taken : -/

5 Marianne January 16, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Well, we would always have a team photo taken at one competition each season, so I guess that’s the only yearly photo log I would have to compare. But it’s not really fair, since we’re in full skating make up and hair! HA!

6 Kelly January 16, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I just realize we messed up this year…we switched sides…lol. I’m glad we do this. It’s a nice way to compare where we were at the end of the year. We’ve changed a lot over the past 4 years. I hope you have a good weekend.

7 Hangry Pants January 16, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Wow you look completely different from 07 to 08! Totally inspiring to those looking to lose weight. Have you ever submitted your story or pictures to a magazine like Self or Shape or something? You should!

8 VeggieGirl January 16, 2009 at 2:56 pm

LOVE THIS!!! 😀

9 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 16, 2009 at 2:56 pm

It’s amazing to put the pictures side by side and really see the changes throughout the years! I am tempted to do this now too!

Love the salad! Black beans and apple…hmm may have to try that!

10 Nicole January 16, 2009 at 3:02 pm

You both look so different each year!

Black beans and apple seems very interesting! I’ll have to give it a try sometime.

11 Katie January 16, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Wow! You look great!

So right about looking at old pictures. I was sorting them on my laptop and found one of me at my heaviest weight, about 70lbs. ago. I showed my husband and he said, “Don’t you still wear that shirt?” Sure enough, I looked in my closet and there it was. I very promptly put it our box to donate.

12 ksgoodeats January 16, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Aw – love the blast from the past pictures!

That salad is ahh-mazing 🙂

13 Danielle January 16, 2009 at 3:19 pm

I wish I had something like your photos to compare.
What a difference! And look how long your hair was in 06!
That salad looks delicous and very filling, I love a big salad!

14 Rose January 16, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Taking pictures like that is an awesome idea! Wow – you guys look SO young in 2005 – so much can change in three years. You look great!

15 Amanda January 16, 2009 at 3:37 pm

BOTH you and your sister look better than ever!! That is really fun to compare!

16 Sweet and Fit January 16, 2009 at 3:41 pm

aww, your family seems so sweet! My family doesn’t do anything like that at all, we are usually not even together for thanksgiving. Its really incredible how much you have transformed by adapting a healthy lifestyle, you set a great example =)

17 Marissa January 16, 2009 at 3:42 pm

looking at old photos is always fun!!

18 Sammie January 16, 2009 at 3:47 pm

I had a salad for lunch too, but it did not look nearly as delish as yours. Enjoy the rest of your day.

19 strongandhealthy January 16, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Those pictures are so cute! How fun to compare every year! I may start that! Your salad looks awesome! Have a great weekend!

20 Shelby January 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm

WOW, both of you look SO different in each picture. That is so cool how you have the pictures to compare. My mom can barely get us all round up for a picture!

21 carolinebee January 16, 2009 at 4:03 pm

You guys look so cute in those! That’s cool that you have those to compare! I need to find one of those metal bowls I love how you use it for salads…OH and i tagged you:
for a little questionnaire thing..no presh just letting u know :D!

22 Sharon January 16, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Wow, you look so different! But beautiful in all pictures!

23 redheadyellowdog January 16, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Those pictures are great!

I’ve looked back through my sorority formal pictures from my 4 years of college and can definitely see the weight loss and how much younger I looked my freshman year vs. my senior year!

24 lauren January 16, 2009 at 4:10 pm

no photo tradition, but now I want to start one. I found some pictures of me in college and right after the other day and it was like yours – such a change. You look great…

I should so a comparison of pictures…i might steal your idea, but dont worry – i will give full credit! 🙂

25 chandra January 16, 2009 at 4:18 pm

I LOVE to do side by side comparisons of photos from over past months/years. It’s always fun to see all my past hair colors! haha! Can you believe my hair used to be bleached blonde?!

You may have just inspired a new post for me to make this weekend. 🙂

26 caitlin January 16, 2009 at 4:22 pm

i hate working. have i told you that before??? 🙁

27 The Healthy Hostess January 16, 2009 at 4:37 pm

I love the photo review! And the combo of cashew butter and tangerines looks amazing!!
🙂 Happy Weekend!

28 Melissa S. January 16, 2009 at 4:40 pm

yeah, every year at christmas i take a picture w/ my brothers in our pjs that morning…but we also make sure to take a picture on our birthdays and for easter.

29 Cassidy January 16, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Every year we take a family christmas year. Every year my mom puts them all out on a table. It is fun to go back and look (especially the hillarious middle school era).

30 Mica January 16, 2009 at 4:45 pm

You look so young in the previous pictures. Now you look like a HOT LADY. And I say that in the non-creepiest way possible.

31 Natalie Rae January 16, 2009 at 5:12 pm

fun pic collection- stuff like that is always so fun-

my brother and i always take a picture in front of the tree- some are inspiration and others seem like there are not me…
have a great weekend!

32 Sarah January 16, 2009 at 5:22 pm

look at that transformation!
my dad started taking “red pictures” of me when my mom was still pregnant. Every year when our Japanese Maple Tree turned bright red in November, he’d set me up in front of it and take at least a whole roll of pics. They’re all over his house now, haha. Sadly, the tradition had to stop when I left for college about 8 years ago!

33 Ryan January 16, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Wowww the change you went through from 2007 to 2008 is incredible! You must feel so amazing and empowered looking at that! I guess the only tradition that we have in my family is a Christmas photo, but we didn’t start doing that until 2007 when my dad lost a lot of weight (he was always too self-conscious before that). I wish we’d done it through the years though, like your family!

34 Meg January 16, 2009 at 6:22 pm

Love the photo comparisons. We had a tradition when we went to school dances that my mom took a picture of us looking in the mirror. We have many mirror shots, as we called them.

35 Erica January 16, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Love the pics over the years!!! You are beautiful in all of them 🙂

Your lunch salad looks awesome! Broccoli slaw is the best! I could eat it every day.

Have a fun night.

36 Nettles January 16, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Your sister is way pretty!

37 inmytummy January 16, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Is your hair naturally curly or did you curl it in the 2006 pic? As a curly-haired girl, I’m always looking for tips from other curly haired peeps.

38 Red January 16, 2009 at 11:53 pm

New reader, I’ve gotta say I am loving reading your blog! I grew up eating “alternative” nut butters, but haven’t had any in ages, you’ve inspired me to pick some up my next trip to the store! thanks

39 eatingbender January 17, 2009 at 1:54 am

It is crazy how much pictures show the changes over time. I loved seeing your pictures. You and your sis look gorgeous in all the photos, but I think you look your happiest in 2008 🙂

I definitely can see a difference in how I look now compared to freshman year. My easiest way of being able to tell used to be those goofy pictures you had to take in 1st – 12th grade. That definitely shows change!

I must try oranges and nut butter!

40 One Healthy Apple January 17, 2009 at 3:16 am

I can do almost any fruit and nut butter- but I have to ask:
What got you into citrus fruits and nut butters? It’s such an unlikely combination!

Love the new, more confident you in the picture.

41 Meghann January 17, 2009 at 7:32 am

TUmmy – my hair is nautrally wavy, which means it holds a curl really well but sadly i not that curlu

42 bobbi January 17, 2009 at 11:24 pm

love the pics love love love that salad!