I <3 Fridays!

by Meghann on January 16, 2009

Happy Friday everyone!!!

I hope everyone is excited about the upcoming weekend. I think every weekend is special, but this one is particularly great because not only is Caitlin back from her honeymoon and I’m dying to hang out with her, but a college friend is coming to visit and we’re going to Pat O’Briens on Saturday!

The last time I was there with my friend we paired up with some tourists who needed two more people to order this humongous Hurricane that required 7 people to order. The drink was huge and I believe had a whole bottle of Bacardi 151 in it.

It was a beautiful thing.

Ever since then Pat O’Briens has held a special place in our heart and I can’t wait to go back again. 🙂

On top of plans with friends I also plan to get a couple of long runs in and go bike shopping on Saturday. It should be another eventful, exciting weekend and I can’t wait. Just 8 or so hours of work to go!

I was planning on having today as a complete rest day, but I discovered last night that YogaDownload.com now has a selection of free 20 minute classes available online so I did the Gentle Hatha Yoga #1 to  help wake me up.

I had never done a YogaDownload.com class and didn’t realize it was not a video, but an audio recording. Luckily the class came with a pose guide that I reviewed throughout the class. I am very much a beginner and enjoyed the nice relaxing class. I might go crazy downloading the rest of the complimentary 20 minute class offerings when I get home. I really enjoy the yoga as a component to my rest days.

I was all about the fresh berries again for breakfast this morning.

DSCN1832

In my bowl I had 1/2 cup of Kashi Mighty Bites, 1/2 cup of Cherrios, 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter Puffins, Strawberries and Blackberries.

DSCN1831

It was as always delish and refreshing after my gentle yoga class.

Enjoy your Friday everyone!

1 Beadie January 16, 2009 at 8:56 am

That drink is huge! Enjoy your weekend!

2 caitlin January 16, 2009 at 9:00 am

that drink is ridiculous. are we going to get one of those when we go tomorrow? if so, do NOT expect me to help you finish it LOL i have a hangover just looking at that photo, seriously.

and yayyyyyyyyyyyy for being home. it’s nice!!

3 marafaye January 16, 2009 at 9:06 am

OMG that drink is RIDICULOUS!!! It reminds me of the shark bowls we used to get in college…

4 VeggieGirl January 16, 2009 at 9:07 am

That drink is insanely massive!! Haha too fun 😀

PB PUFFINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your day at home!!

5 Rose January 16, 2009 at 9:09 am

That drink IS HUGE. Wow!

Love the fresh berries. Wish I could find better ones in MD!

6 Nicole January 16, 2009 at 9:13 am

Woah! That drink is INTENSE! Have fun with that, lady!

7 Erica January 16, 2009 at 9:17 am

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! That drink is out of control! Have fun!! Yayy for caitlin being back 😉

8 fitforfree January 16, 2009 at 9:27 am

that drink is hysterical. Is that you?? you look so different!

9 Meghann January 16, 2009 at 9:31 am

fitforfree – yes that is me in the picture. I think that was taken in the summer of ’06. I weighed about 15-20 pounds more there then I do now. Trust me there were worst pics from that night of me that I preferred not to post. 🙂

10 Sarah W. January 16, 2009 at 9:32 am

omg that drink is MASSIVE!!!!!!

you’re going to do a COUPLE of long runs this weekend??? damn! I’veonly got a 5.5miler planned for tomorrow morning!

11 Mica January 16, 2009 at 9:34 am

That drink glass has bigger hips than you do! Enjoy!

12 redheadyellowdog January 16, 2009 at 10:08 am

that’s awesome! There’s a Pat O’s in Memphis I always went to during undergrad..so good!

also – yogadownload.com started offering classes where they’ll do a slide show of the positions duing the audio. It’s really helpful!

13 Emily January 16, 2009 at 10:13 am

sounds like you have a fun saturday planned! that drink looks scary! haha. I can definitely see why you are required to have seven people to order it!

14 Marissa January 16, 2009 at 10:19 am

PB Puffins = <3 + 🙂

15 Sarah January 16, 2009 at 10:22 am

I like the sound of a 20-minute yoga download! That might be a good way to ease myself into it this weekend. Those drinks are so much fun … and yet so dangerous. Be careful!

16 ttfn300 January 16, 2009 at 10:22 am

holy cow that’s a huge drink!! i tried a yoga download from there this week too, my first time doing any yoga, and i really enjoyed it 🙂

17 Ryan January 16, 2009 at 10:27 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pat O’Briens! I went in New Orleans last October and hung out at the dueling pianos the whole time 🙂 Then Evan and I went for our one-year celebration in City Walk in November. It’s just an amazing place 😀

18 dailygoods January 16, 2009 at 10:27 am

wow look how long your hair is!! that is a MASSIVE drink 🙂 bet it was a fun night!

19 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 16, 2009 at 10:35 am

Welcome back berries!

You look so different in that picture Meghann. I would not have known it was you. The long hair I guess? That drink is massive. What proportion do you think you drank?

Love the Gentle Hatha from Yogadownload. It is an awesome way to stretch after a good run!

20 daisy January 16, 2009 at 10:35 am

Hey Megan,

For your cheesy califlower casserole do you know how many calories are in per serving?

21 Meghann January 16, 2009 at 10:47 am

Heather – Yeah the long dark hair is a throw off, but I also think the extra 30 pounds I was carrying makes a dirrference too. I probably drank the equivalent of one hurricane or even less, honestly I’m not that big of a drinker, it was just fun to order the gigantic drink. 🙂

Daisy – I’m sorry I don’t count calories so I don’t have an answer for you 🙁 If you go to nutritiondata.com and plug the ingredients in then it will give you the calories per serving. I hope that helps! 🙂

22 sweetandnatural January 16, 2009 at 11:04 am

I have college friends coming in town this weekend too! I’m SO excited

23 Hangry Pants January 16, 2009 at 11:12 am

hahaha – that is some drink! I kinda like the dark hair. 😀

If you are looking for a free yoga video try yogatoday.com. They are an hour, free and pretty easy to follow. I think they would be perfect for a beginner. 😀

24 biz319 January 16, 2009 at 11:16 am

I just got my grocery sale papers and was so excited that blueberries and blackberries are on sale for $1.49 a pint – I am always jealous of yours!

Good luck bike shopping!

25 Melissa January 16, 2009 at 11:29 am

Okay, what are the chances but I did the same yoga thing last night! I’ve never done yoga ever but downloaded the Gentle Hatha Yoga #1 too! I started it but then was also surprised it was just audio, as I have no clue what I’m doing!

What pose guide are you referring to though ??? I didn’t see that??

26 sarahannmatheny January 16, 2009 at 11:32 am

I cannot believe that is you?! I had to scroll back to the picture twice. Do people that you haven’t seen in awhile completely not recognize you? I take it you will NOT be ordering a Hurricane tonight =)

27 jenngirl January 16, 2009 at 11:38 am

haha that drink IS ginormous!! Love the fresh berries 🙂

Happy Friday!!!

28 Meghann January 16, 2009 at 11:40 am

I can’t believe that is you in the picture! I had to check the comments to see if it was. You look cute then, and now, but having lost 20 pounds myself I know what a difference it can make in your appearance. That is one BIG drink!

I’m going to have to try that mighty kids cereal- I love the shapes!

29 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 16, 2009 at 11:45 am

Love the huge drink! I really had no idea that was you!! So cute! You fruit looks amazing as well today!

30 cassandra January 16, 2009 at 11:52 am

uh oh bacardi 151 is bad news! I meant to say earlier that I too an an underware conasuir and collect them by the dozens! I never HAVE to do laundry I have too much clothes! But I plan to weed out this spring and start fresh! your food looks so yummy! have a great weekend!!!

31 Sweet and Fit January 16, 2009 at 12:20 pm

i’m curious about how much that drink must have cost! I can’t believe you are doing TWO long runs on saturday…or maybe i just misunderstood..anyhow, have a great weekend!

32 Andrea [bella eats] January 16, 2009 at 12:33 pm

LOVE yoga! I just discovered yogadownload too and am enjoying browsing their pose sheets.

Good luck bike shopping! I’ve been wanting to get a bike for a couple of years now because we live only a couple of miles from work. It would be great to bike more in warmer weather… I’m anxious to see what you wind up getting!

33 Sharon January 16, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Haha, what a huge drink! LOL
And delicious eats! Have a great weekend!

34 Katie January 16, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the Free 20 minute downloads from YogaDownload. I noticed them on their site yesterday. I really enjoy yoga, but I’m no pro. I’ll have to check them out this weekend and I’ll keep in mind the post guides.

35 Marianne January 16, 2009 at 12:55 pm

That is one big ass drink! I don’t know how even 7 people could finish it. Crazy!

Do you ever put milk on your cereal? Isn’t it a bit dry without?

36 Allison January 16, 2009 at 1:45 pm

OMG that drink is INSANE! 🙂

I’m always envious of your fresh berries!

Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you! Have fun! 🙂

37 thelongweigh January 16, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I just came across your blog and had to say hello! I am also new to yoga and am loving yogadownload.

That breakfast looks so good! I am in serious need of good fruit right now…

38 ksgoodeats January 16, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Oh my gosh!! That drink is out.of.control! Haha have fun tonight 😀

39 Andrea (Off Her Cork) January 16, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Love yogadownload! I do the gentle hatha after my runs, perfect for stretching all the muscles. 😀

40 Sarah January 16, 2009 at 4:21 pm

i want to try that drink! ive never seen anything so big in my life. you look so much healthier by the way.

41 Maggie January 16, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I don’t know if I told you this before (I only just discovered it myself) but if you search for yogadownload in iTunes allll of the free 20 minute classes show up and you can get them from there instead of downloading them from the site. It’s a little easier that way 🙂