more ยป" />

Mac to the Rescue

by Meghann on January 13, 2009

I had an hour long 11:00 meeting today that had me bolting for lunch as soon as I got back to my desk. In the bolting, I accidentally left my camera on top of my desk where it was safe and sound buried under a stackful of papers.

I believe this is when having a camera phone would come in handy, unfortunately I am cheap and am without one. So option B was the only other camera device I could think of in my apartment to document foodโ€ฆ my MacBook. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thatโ€™s right, for the first time since I got my Mac I used the PhotoBooth feature.

Of course Abbie and I had to play with it at first.

Photo_7

haha.. gotta love it. ๐Ÿ™‚

So back to the story of my lunch, it was actually a REALLY good lunch today!

I had a plate of mish mosh that was just too delish for words, so let me show you all of the yumminess.

Photo_2

The star of my lunch was my wrap. I tried the Spinach Flat Out Wrap for the first time and filled it with 1/2 of a baked Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese and Banana Peppers. I really enjoyed the spinach flavor wrap and of course goat cheese makes any wrap amazing, especially since I heated it up in the microwave for 30 secs until it was all warm and gooey.

With the wrap I had some Sabra Hummus with Cucumber, Yellow Squash and 2 baby Dill Pickles.

And this Tangerine. (I bought a whole bag of these so donโ€™t be surprised to see one with every lunch this week)

Photo_4

The one picture I did get on my regular camera was my snack of Pumpkin Seeds and Almonds.

DSCN1673

Iโ€™ve discovered I am really not one for salty snacks. This snack was ok, but nothing to write home about.

Thank you for all the bike advice! Iโ€™m going to take your advice and wait to make any decisions until I go to the bike shop this weekend and have a look at what they have and listen to their answers for my questions.

Lunch time is over, time to get back to work. And just for curiosityโ€™s sakeโ€ฆ am I the only one out there who does not have a camera phone?

1 Rachel January 13, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Interesting combo of ingredients on the wrap! But then, I always think you use interesting ingredients, haha.

I’ve been thinking about buying a bike too so I’m looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

2 Melissa January 13, 2009 at 1:41 pm

delicious looking wrap.

I don’t have a camera phone.

3 kaneil January 13, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Your lunch looks yummy! I’ve been wanting to try the spinach flat out and now I will!

I do have a camera phone – and have had one for a while…haha, it’s ok!

4 Amy January 13, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Love the macbook photo shoot! I do have a camera on my blackberry, a real digital camera, and a webcam on my HP. I could honestly sit in front of the webcam all day…its terrible! But you look adorable with pooch-lover, Abbie ๐Ÿ˜€ Love the eats! Sabra’s in the bestttt. Have a great afternoon, Meghann.

5 Julie January 13, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Good thinking with the Macbook camera – I would not have thought of that! ๐Ÿ™‚ No, I do not have a camera phone either – my phone is so old, US Cellular doesn’t even sell the brand I have anymore! And the plan is so old, I’m grandfathered in and don’t want to change it!

6 fitforfree January 13, 2009 at 1:47 pm

I have a cameraphone, but it’s a TOTAL ripoff b/c the only way to get the pics off my camera is to send them as phone txt messages to my e-mail address, and that costs SO MUCH $ !!! more than a regular text message!

7 Mel January 13, 2009 at 1:53 pm

I don’t have a camera phone either. When I got a Blackberry, it took some adjusting but I’d rather have that than a camera!

Your wrap looks really good. I’m going to have to look for those wraps!

8 Katie January 13, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Nope, no camera phone–like you my cheapness overrode my desire for a camera phone.

9 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 13, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Your lunch looks great! I didn’t have a camera phone for the longest time, it wasn’t even a flip phone! Really, I think camera phones are over rated, esp. when you have your camera most everywhere you go anyway. Good luck on the bike hunt!

10 Allie January 13, 2009 at 2:00 pm

I have had a camera phone for a few years now….you are not missing much!

I am going to have to try that wrap recipe, it looks and sounds delish!

11 Marianne January 13, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I didn’t know you could even get phones anymore without cameras – they seem like a pretty standard feature! I don’t really care to use mine, but it’s there if I want it.

12 Sara January 13, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Your wrap looks so good! My mom doesn’t have a camera phone…if that makes you feel any better. ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Amy C. January 13, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Your lunch looks so good!! I do have a camera phone but really don’t treat it as one. I don’t even know how to get the pictures off of it once I take them!

14 Krista January 13, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Hey, Meghann! I don’t have a camera phone either. In fact, my phone is over 5 years old!! How’s that for cheap?! ๐Ÿ™‚

15 dailygoods January 13, 2009 at 2:49 pm

omg photo booth seriously cracks me uppppp. Have you tried all the funny ones that distort your face? I honestly cry almost every time I do it with friends becaue its so funny. Enjoyyy it ๐Ÿ™‚ your wrap looks so good, I’m in need of some sweet potatoes soon!

16 Sarah W. January 13, 2009 at 3:13 pm

I loooooove Sabra hummus..but its too expensive to buy regularly so I make my own. Nothing has come close yet unfortunately!!

I have a camera phone and everybody I know – even my parents and Inlaws have camera phones! My dad likes to take pictures of random things and sent them to me via text message! He will take a picture of a mall from his spot on a bench saying “help!! i’m stuck in the mall w/ your mother” and other cute things ๐Ÿ™‚

17 Sweet and Fit January 13, 2009 at 3:16 pm

photoboth! I would have never thought of that! thats the perfect way for me to take some pics right now! thank you!

18 Nicole January 13, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I love photobooth! It’s so much fun to play around with.

19 ksgoodeats January 13, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Haha every mac user I know is obsessed with photobooth! Cute pic of you and Abbie though ๐Ÿ™‚

Question: how would you describe the taste of goat cheese? I’ve never had it but I love all cheese so I want to try it.

20 Shelby January 13, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Adorable pictures!!!

21 Kristie January 13, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Haha aw, I wish I had a Mac JUST so I could use Photobooth, it always looks like so much fun.

LOVING that wrap too. Goat cheese and sweet potato = best combo EVER.

22 Erin January 13, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Those pictures are so cute!!!
I don’t have a camera phone. Represent!

23 Sarah January 13, 2009 at 4:13 pm

I have the lamest camera phone ever, so I never use it … esp now that I have my sparkly new elph :-). I love the color of that wrap — it’s all seafoamy. Could you actually taste spinach in it? I haven’t tried flatout, but I’ve never been able to taste the spinach in other brands!

24 VeggieGirl January 13, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Hell yes for MacBooks!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

**Just as a heads up: I will not be able to comment on blogs as often now, during this semester, due to work overload (I’m stressed already) – PLEASE know that I’m still loyally reading, but just won’t have time to comment. I hope you understand!!

25 sweetandnatural January 13, 2009 at 4:43 pm

I love the MacBook photobooth! Especially playing with the distortion options. You can make yourself look pretty funny.

26 Ann January 13, 2009 at 4:56 pm

You just unknowingly helped me identify the unknown veggie that was in my wrap I ate yesterday. Apparently it was yellow squash, which I really wasn’t expecting considering it was pre-made in my university cafeteria, lol. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a camera phone, but no cord to get the photos off my phone and onto my computer. It’s also a horrible phone, so it’s not worth it to shell out the money for a cord I’ll use once or twice before I buy a new phone.

27 Hangry Pants January 13, 2009 at 5:26 pm

You are going to have lots of fun with the photbooth!

I do have a phone w/ a camera and I use it daily!

28 sarahannmatheny January 13, 2009 at 6:17 pm

That looks like a great lunch!

I have a camera phone, but I think I could sketch better quality pictures than it takes.

29 snackpak January 13, 2009 at 6:39 pm

wow, a baked sweet potato in a wrap! i am definitely going to try that some time. perhaps sans goat cheese. ๐Ÿ™‚

30 Jill January 13, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Oh I LOVE photo booth. It is so fun to play around with!

I have a camera phone, but I think I have only used it like once. haha.

31 Jill January 13, 2009 at 6:46 pm

and thanks for the foot/ankle advice!! It is feeling WAY better!

32 Alexia January 13, 2009 at 7:21 pm

Yummy lunch! You are so creative. ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad you have a camera back up plan! I love this pics of you and Abby. So cute!

33 Sammie January 13, 2009 at 8:05 pm

I need to try sweet potato in a wrap. Your lunch looks so yummy and healthy.
I have a camera phone but never use it. The picture quality is ok but I much rather prefer my digital camera. An added feature to my phone that I could live without.

34 Ryan January 13, 2009 at 9:23 pm

Oh my goodness, your wrap looks amazing! I will have to try that combination of ingredients soon because those are all of my favorite things and I would have never thought of combining them. And you’re right…goat cheese makes everything taste good ๐Ÿ™‚

35 seeleelive January 14, 2009 at 7:45 am

Hey loveeee! hhaah, whenever my camera runs low on bat, i always take pics with foto booth of food. sometimes i even leave it up there, and in college we always take photo booths pics and my friends will say, wtf whyd u take a picture of chicken and brocolli? oh ya know….

have a great day!!

36 MaryBe January 15, 2009 at 8:26 pm

You would love a camera phone! It would be perfect for you! I have a Dare and love it. I take/send photos all the time