more ยป" />

Camera #5

by Meghann on January 13, 2009

I present to you camera #5 in an 11 month period.

DSCN1686.JPG

It’s currently charging and I can’t wait to take photos with it tomorrow morning!

Unfortunately Geek Squad informed me today that my previous camera’s warrenty did not transfer to the recent one, therefore they would not be able to fix it. I was bummed and very melodramatic, but Caitlin assured me she would replace the one she dropped, so I went out and bought the most reasonably priced camera Best Buy had. Now here’s crossing our fingers that this is the only camera of 2009.

Luckily the camera was the only tragedy of the day, the rest was busy and uneventful.

At work I enjoyed a Kashi Blackberry Graham Bar.

DSCN1675.JPG

The other day Shelby from La Belle Vegan made some yummy looking Chickpea Gravy from Vegan with a Vengeance. She graciously e-mailed me the recipe and I made it for dinner tonight. It was wonderfully easy and of course I made some slight changes and may have.. you know.. unveganized the recipe by using Pepper Jack Cheese instead of nutritional yeast... ooppss…. It was still very good and if you would like the recipe send me an e-mail. ๐Ÿ™‚

DSCN1681.JPG

With the Chickpea Gravy I also had some Steamed Spinach and oven roasted Boniato.

I discovered the Boniato at Publix this weekend.After some google research I discovered a Boniato is a White Sweet Potato and has the same taste and nutritional values as a regular Sweet Potato.

DSCN1677.JPG

The oven roasted Boniato came out really good. It’s a little drier then the regular sweet potato so it crisped up a little more and was not quite as sweet. I would love to buy more of these in the future, apparently they’re available year around in Florida, who knew?

Dessert was amazing. I forgot about much I truly love how resourceful Ricotta is, I made sure to utilize it in my dessert tonight.

DSCN1690.JPG

I had 3 tablespoons of Ricotta Cheese, a drizzle of Honey, Mini Chocolate Chips, and 2 Strawberries. It was soooo good. Yum! All it was missing was some nice crunch from graham cracker, that would have put it over the top. ๐Ÿ™‚

TIme to go bundle up! It’s suppose to get in freezing temps tonight and the highs tomorrow are in the 50s, that’s about as cold as it gets in good ole Central Florida. I’m thinking tomorrow might be a good time to indulge in an indoor work out, we’ll see.

Good Night Everyone!

1 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 13, 2009 at 9:04 pm

I’m excited for cooler weather. ๐Ÿ™‚ Your dessert looks yum, it reminded me of a healthy version of a cannoli, minus the outer shell. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope this camera works out for you all through 2009 and beyond!!

2 Laura January 13, 2009 at 9:15 pm

I’ve never heard of a boniato!

Good luck with the new camera!

3 Sara January 13, 2009 at 9:15 pm

I can’t believe this is your 5th camera in 11 months! Wow, that’s crazy! ๐Ÿ™‚ For the sake of your wallet, I hope this one lasts for a while.

4 Ryan January 13, 2009 at 9:18 pm

I am SO excited for the weather! It’s always amazing to me that it can be 80 degrees here one day and we’ve got freezing (almost) rain the next. I’m going to attempt to run tomorrow afternoon…

All of your food looks so so good! Cool potato find too! I’ve never heard of those.

5 Amy January 13, 2009 at 9:22 pm

As soon as I saw roasted “boniato”, i said what?! and then you quickly answered my question ๐Ÿ™‚ great dessert! like faux-cheesecake. have a nice night meghann!

6 Bridget January 13, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Good luck with the latest camera ๐Ÿ™‚

7 Mica January 13, 2009 at 9:27 pm

So…I figured I’d take the conversation from e-mail to blog comments!

I totally forgot that you could use ricotta for things besides pasta. I’m going to have to give that a try!

8 Nicole January 13, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Good luck with the new camera! Hopefully 2009 will be the year of nonbroken cameras.

9 Sarah W. January 13, 2009 at 9:33 pm

yay for the new camera – that is SO exciting!

10 Justy2003 January 13, 2009 at 9:47 pm

It’s supposed to get in the freezing temps here in Houston tonight, too! And I’m supposed to do 5 miles tomorrow morning. I’m gonna brave the cold though…I ran in 18* weather at home over Christmas, so I figure I can do it in 30-something degree weather!

Hope the new camera works out well for ya…and I hope it’s your only one for a while!

11 Melissa S. January 13, 2009 at 10:02 pm

i sure hope you’re able to keep that camera alive for all of 09!!! fingers crossed for you!

and man, it’s supposed to get that cold up here? i wonder if it’s going to be like that where we are down in big cypress…agg…i just know the rain today was absolutely NO FREAK’N FUN. haha.

12 Meg January 13, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Love the new camera.

I saw that gravy on her blog, and I am dying to make it! Looks delicious!

13 triforhealth January 13, 2009 at 10:03 pm

We have freezing temps here in Wisconsin too!! It’s 7 below 0 already! Crazy…

14 cassandra January 13, 2009 at 10:24 pm

Hey thanks for the post!!! I love all the new readers you are the best! Your dinner by the way looks awseome! i love boniato! Great use for it, looks tasty! That gravy looks good too, I love me some pepper jack!

15 dailygoods January 13, 2009 at 10:30 pm

My friend is the exact same way with her cameras! I believeee she may be on #7 ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Sharon January 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Wow, what a tasty day you had!
And neat new camera!

17 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 13, 2009 at 10:53 pm

2009 IS going to be the year of just one camera. I can feel it. ๐Ÿ™‚

I accidently bought one of those white sweet potatoes once. I was so confused after baking…tasted sweet, but looked like a white potato. Now I know I wasn’t crazy – thanks!

Your dessert bowl looks delightful. I never buy ricotta cheese, but love the cottage. I should try ricotta. Maybe it will be my “new recipe” for next week. ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Allison January 13, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Seriously – 5 cameras? That’s crazy! I did forget though about the “dropping” that happened a week or two ago!

That chickpea gravy looks heavenly, but I’m always scared of using yeast, I have no idea why!

PS – Loved your Abbie pics this afternoon!

19 Hangry Pants January 13, 2009 at 11:16 pm

I wonder if those are the potatoes that Andrea from Care to Eat makes. They always look white.

Anyway, I would love the recipe for the chickpea gravy.

hangrypants@gmail.com

thanks!

20 carolinebee January 14, 2009 at 12:10 am

YUM! You are such a daredevil in the kitch Meg! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m excited for your new camera, I really hope you have better luck…Holy crap do u watch Biggest loser?? haha i’m watching it now it’s soo intense…anyways, I really enjoyed the Abbie pics today, we haven’t seen her for a while!!

21 Sweet and Fit January 14, 2009 at 12:25 am

what a cute new camera! ricotta is A-mazing in dessert-ish things…i gotta say, ur dessert looks so good!

22 everydayrace January 14, 2009 at 12:57 am

hahaha im glad you got a new camera ๐Ÿ™‚

cant wait to see you this weekend — we need a date night!!

23 Marianne January 14, 2009 at 2:15 am

Hurray for a new camera – looks all shiny and ready to go! I’ll be interested to see how the pics turn out (I’m in the market for a good point & shoot to suppliment my SLR).

And chickpea gravy? Yes please! I’ll shoot you an email ๐Ÿ˜‰ Dessert looks awesome too.

24 Megan January 14, 2009 at 6:15 am

mmm chickpea gravy!! chickpea ANYTHING is a winner for me ๐Ÿ™‚

25 strongandhealthy January 14, 2009 at 7:11 am

Nice camera! Chickpea gravy sounds soooo good! Awesome dessert too!

26 brandi January 14, 2009 at 8:55 am

Hooray for the new camera!

That dinner looks so good, and I have never heard of that potato ๐Ÿ™‚

27 lauren January 14, 2009 at 10:24 am

i would love the chickpea gravy recipe! I have two cans that I need to use up!

28 Alexia January 14, 2009 at 11:24 am

I have a Nikon Coolpix now and my last camera was the same thing. I love both of them. The only reason I got a new one because my old one was 5 pixels. LOL! I think you will really like it. It’s also fun to play with all the settings.

Dinner looks so good. I will have to try that Chickpea Gravy. Yummm! I have never heard of a Boniato. Looks interesting!

I wish our coldest temps were in the 50s. ๐Ÿ™

29 Shelby January 14, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Pssh I totally missed this post for some reason! But again yay for the gravy! =)

30 angiismyname January 14, 2009 at 7:33 pm

that dessert looks really good. I can’t believe you named your camera weirdo, thats just asking for it to break!