Leftover Lasagna

by Meghann on January 12, 2009

I decided to be simple with lunch today and basically just recreated what I had for dinner last night.

DSCN1655

As you can see the Zucchini and Yellow Squash Lasagna looks a lot prettier when you let it cool and sit and then cut it. πŸ™‚ It was still just as tasty today as it was last night, in fact I believe it was even more tasty today. πŸ™‚ Never underestimate the power of left overs.

With my lasagna I also had a juicy Tangerine.

DSCN1660

Before lunch I had a midmorning snack of this beautiful Apple.

DSCN1651

I was completely full and satisfied with my lunch, but for some reason my sweet tooth was demanding attention. I tried to ignore its evil luring and made it all the way back to my desk before I caved. My mind wanted chocolate and I gave in to its calling.

My co-worker has a stash of left over Halloween treats (I know it’s January) so I raided the stash and settled on a fun size pack of M&Ms.

DSCN1662

This little baby was exactly what I needed. The handful of M&Ms did the trick and now I can go on with my day without the craving of chocolate lingering in my head. πŸ™‚

Sometimes you just have to give into cravings, within moderation of course.

I’ve been scanning all of the gorgeous dresses the stars wore at the Golden Globes last night, here. There’s so many great ones and I love the messy hair style that was popular this year. So far my fave has got to be Eva Mendes, She is so naturally pretty and that white dress just makes her glow. My least favorite is Cameron Diez, no thank you on pepto bIsmo pink. What do you guys think?

1 Kate January 12, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Omg! I’m such an awards show freak, and I was really impressed w/ the star turn out on this one! ALL the dresses were gorgeous!

ps I got super excited when I saw you commented on my blog:P

2 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 12, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Loved Eva Mendes, she looked awesome and I loved the necklace she wore with her dress, too. Renee Zellweger, Jenna Fischer, Maggie Gyllenhaal -not so much. I also liked Eva Longoria and thought she looked great in her red dress.

3 Sara January 12, 2009 at 1:51 pm

I think Kate Winslet looked fabulous! She looked very polished and classic.

4 dailygoods January 12, 2009 at 1:57 pm

I loved Eva Mendes too! but i also loved Eva Longoria! So many of the dresses that night were gorgeous!
your lasagna looks so good! I love all the recipes you come up with

5 Mel January 12, 2009 at 2:18 pm

I absolutely loved Kate Winslet’s dress. So simple and pretty. I really didn’t like Blake Lively’s dress, it made her look biggerr than she is!

6 Sharon January 12, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Haha, pepto bismol pink? LOL
Anyways, great eats for the day! love the leftover lasagna!

7 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 12, 2009 at 2:28 pm

The lasagna looks delicious! I always love leftovers more!! I really liked your quote about cravings. I am always having chocolate cravings and sometimes get so mad at myself for giving in. A handful of M&M’s is much better than bingeing later so it is very good to give in sometimes.

8 Shelby January 12, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Amazing lunch! I will have to make that recipe, yummy!

9 Natalie January 12, 2009 at 2:34 pm

I definitely agree about Eva Mendes. I met her a few months ago and let me tell you she is even more stunninng in person! Yeah, it doesn’t seem possible right? Haha.

I’m with you on giving into chocolate cravings, a random piece in the middle of the day works for me to!

10 VeggieGirl January 12, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Delish!! Enjoy πŸ™‚

11 Amanda January 12, 2009 at 2:43 pm

I agree with you about Eva Mendes – she looked so naturally gorgeous! Eva Longoria looked great too … my boyfriend kept asking “Who is that?” when she was presenting and kept saying “Oh yeah, I like her” hahaha … I got the point. She looked good. Also Demi Moore looked hot, as usual.

Not sure if you watched the actual show, but one girl won who was SO SKINNY it made me nervous. Other than her, I thought everyone looked really good and healthy. I am so glad that Hollywood has progressed from the “thin is in” mentality that was around a few years ago!!

12 Melissa January 12, 2009 at 3:09 pm

good strategy with the chocolate. I keep a large dark chocolate dagoba bar in my desk. If I have a craving, I find it’s better to have one choice and just have a square or square than to have to raid the vending machine and buy a large bag of something.

13 ttfn300 January 12, 2009 at 3:29 pm

leftovers that get better with time rule in my book πŸ˜‰

14 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 12, 2009 at 3:51 pm

I dunno Meghann, I thought your bowl of lasagna las night looked just as good as your lunch today. πŸ™‚ I still haven’t watched any of the GG stuff. I’m going to DVR the Fashion Police recap on E tonight. Guilty pleasures – love them!

15 Natalie January 12, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Eva Longoria Parker looked absolutely ferosh… her dress and makeup was awesomeness.

Love the lasagna.. looks tasty!

16 Sarah January 12, 2009 at 5:16 pm

haha, you’re my leftovers twin — food gets better with age, really πŸ˜‰

17 sarahannmatheny January 12, 2009 at 5:59 pm

I was just going to say…lasagna is one of those things that gets better each day! I have a feeling we haven’t seen the last of it!

18 Marissa January 12, 2009 at 6:08 pm

I like your plate!

19 marafaye January 12, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Meghann, I have that SAME silverware! I love it!
Lasagna is a total red-light food for me… however much there is, I eat!

20 ksgoodeats January 12, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Renee Zellweger’s was a little meh as well but I did like January Jones’ – the dress was kind of out there but she has that old Hollywood style that I like.

21 Alexia January 12, 2009 at 9:39 pm

That lasagna looks delish!

Hope you had a great Monday!

22 Nicole January 12, 2009 at 10:56 pm

I looooved Kate Winslet last night! She is just all around fantastic.