more ยป" />

Bye, Bye Weekend… Hello Monday Morning

by Meghann on January 12, 2009

I am living for the weekends these days. I like my job and I like what I do, but being chained to a desk for 8 hours a day is not as much fun as being up and about. I had a delightfully relaxing weekend and I was just reviewing all of the fun things I have planned for future weekends. I am pretty booked right now until the fourth weekend of March and I love it. ๐Ÿ™‚

When I got up and let Abbie out this morning, it was windy and drizzling. I debated doing a in home work out, but my legs were itching to run. So, I covered up and blasted out 4.69 miles in 45:38. I felt great the whole run and didnโ€™t break my pace once. If I had more time, I would have no problem pushing it even farther.

Breakfast was my favorite Monday morning stapleโ€ฆCereal. I know, Iโ€™m predictable.

DSCN1648

I had 1/2 cup of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, 2/3 cup of Peanut Butter Puffins, Strawberries, Black Berries and 2 spoonfuls of Applesauce.

I have 33 new work e-mails I have to get through right now. I can tell this is going to be another busy week on the office front. Does anybody elseโ€™s office get crazy in January?

1 VeggieGirl January 12, 2009 at 9:16 am

PB PUFFINS!!!!! Fabulous start to your Monday, I say ๐Ÿ˜€

Good luck with the upcoming workweek, girl!!

2 Meg January 12, 2009 at 9:28 am

Happy Monday! Love the cereal!

All the months are crazy at my job!

3 Sarah January 12, 2009 at 9:47 am

I know — and these weekends just fly by so fast! But fun weekend plans do give good motivation to get through the week …

Nice work on the run this morning despite the drizzle!

4 Erin January 12, 2009 at 9:55 am

My “office” is crazy at random times because it’s academe.
Nice run this morning!

5 Krista January 12, 2009 at 9:55 am

January is our busiest time of the year!!! At least the days go by quickly! ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Marissa January 12, 2009 at 10:12 am

Yay for PB Puffins!!

I have 67 e-mails in my inbox this morning ๐Ÿ™

7 Erin January 12, 2009 at 10:22 am

The Kashi Cinnamon Cereal sounds awesome, I wanna try it

8 Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) January 12, 2009 at 10:22 am

Meghann, you are a busy little social bee! Glad you are keeping your weekends full of fun activities. Never apologize for your lovely bowls of cereal. I love to gawk at your beautiful berries every morning. Keep it up and good luck with all your office craziness! ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Danielle January 12, 2009 at 10:26 am

Applesauce with cereal is something I never would have thought of. I’ll have to do that, when i was little I hated milk in my cereal although I drank it all the time, I used to eat my cheerios with either water or orange juice, that makes me cringe just thinking about now.
My office is busy in January too, we’re a manufacturing company and we close down the last 2 weeks of the year so we have a ton of catching up to do come january. Have a great Monday!

10 Allie January 12, 2009 at 10:27 am

My office is always busy….law firms never rest!!

How awesome for you to volunteer!

I can’t wait for the weekend, either!

11 Mel January 12, 2009 at 10:33 am

Your cereal looks really good!

This time of year is actually really slow at work, so it’s nice but gets real boring real quick.

12 Allison January 12, 2009 at 10:33 am

Good for you for still going for a run this morning!

Our office gets slammed right up through January 1st – and then January becomes “catch up” time – but I feel your pain! Good luck getting through today!

13 Nicole January 12, 2009 at 10:52 am

Gosh, good luck on all those emails! I don’t have an office job, but my mom told me that this morning she had 70 new emails to get through. Yikes!

14 Hangry Pants January 12, 2009 at 10:59 am

Have a good work week!

15 ksgoodeats January 12, 2009 at 11:01 am

That’s a LOT of emails!! Good luck with those ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Melissa S. January 12, 2009 at 11:09 am

I totally did the same thing this morning…was all drizzly and windy down here, but i still put on my gear and headed out! yay for us! hardcore all the way!

hope today goes by fast for you!

17 bobbi January 12, 2009 at 11:50 am

well I have 44 kids in the classroom does that count ๐Ÿ™‚ Great RUN GIRL!

18 Amanda January 12, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Congrats on the great run!

I had the same thoughts this morning that I am just living for the weekends these days. The weeks seem to go by faster when you’ve got something to look forward to at least!!

Good luck with your busy day!

19 chasingdaylight January 12, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Mondays are always so hard! I was resisting going to bed last night which made waking up that much harder this morning! Seriously, thank goodness for weekends! That’s exciting that you have some plans to always look forward to ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Bridget January 12, 2009 at 12:36 pm

My office was CRAZY last week, I’m hoping this week is a little better!

21 Maggie January 12, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Urgh, I hear you. I’m not liking my 9-10 hour days and I’m searching for something else… but I can’t find anything because there are so many people applying to so few jobs! Good luck with your Monday.

22 run4change January 12, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Isn’t it great to get out in that refreshing drizzle sometimes. I was blessd enough to have that drizzle yesterday and I got in my long run in preparation for my next marathon. Great job on your run too. Keep it up.

23 dailygoods January 12, 2009 at 1:15 pm

meghann, reading about your volunteering inspired me to do the same. I signed up to get information about volunteering for the avon walk for breast cancer. It’s a 2 day event, and I can’t wait. Thanks for the inspiration!!

24 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 12, 2009 at 2:38 pm

My office is very busy but I’m not! I do not like being so bored but at least I have plenty of time for blogging ๐Ÿ™‚