Movie, Run, Breakfast

by Meghann on January 10, 2009

Last night I met up with some old friends from High School and saw Bride Wars. The movie was perfect if you’re just looking for a cute movie to laugh it. It’s not exactly oscar material, but a great one to see with a group of girlfriends. I could probably count the amount of guys in the theatre on one hand.

Before the movie I did get to go to my favorite FroYo place, Sweet!. I love this place, but its on the way other side of town so I don’t get to go very often, which is probably a good thing because I would be there every night.

I had a coupon so I got a free small Tart Frozen Yogurt with Toasted Coconut, Starwberries and Kiwi. Heaven in a cup.

DSCN1528.JPG

We went to a fairly early move (Hello middle school and high school crowds) so I was able to come home at a decent time for an early wake up call. I got up around 7:30 this morning to hit one of my favorite running trails. Before I left I had a Chocolate Almond Crunch Clif Bar.

DSCN1529.JPG

Definitely not one of my favorite Clif Bars I’ve tried. The artificial chocolate taste was a bit too much for me. But it did do a great job of keeping me fueled for my run.

I did a 7 mile loop on the trail in about 1:10:15. The trail was unusually empty this morning which was nice and refreshing to give myself time to clear my head on my own.

When I returned I had a great quick breakfast.

DSCN1531.JPG

I had 2 scrambled eggs topped with medium salsa.

DSCN1532.JPG

A small wheat bagel with Pumpkin Butter.

DSCN1533.JPG

And the last of my yummy Strawberries and Blackberries. Don’t worry they’re still on sale so I plan to restock my supply ASAP.

DSCN1534.JPG

Tomorrow is the Annual Walt Disney World Marathon. Its a great race where you get to run through all of the parks. I plan to running it someday, but this year I was not prepared nor had the cash to pay the extra high entry fee. So instead I registered to volunteer for the race. I think it will be fun to see what its like on the other side of the races.

I am heading to Disney now to pick up my race packet and check out the Running Expo they have in honor of the Marathon Weekend Activities. It should be a good time, I’m looking forward to any cool finds at the expo. I’ll be back tonight with the details, πŸ™‚

1 strongandhealthy January 10, 2009 at 10:58 am

Glad you liked the movie! That frozen yogurt looks delicious! Have a fun weekend!

2 Toni January 10, 2009 at 11:33 am

Have fun volunteering for the Disney Marathon! I want to do that marathon one day too. I have only run the Houston marathon and it is fun and great and all but I bet Disney is a lot more fun . And I would love a Mickey Mouse medal! πŸ™‚

3 biz319 January 10, 2009 at 11:45 am

That yogurt looks divine! What a great idea to volunteer! How much was the entry fee??

Happy Saturday!

4 Sara January 10, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I’m glad you liked the movie because the reviews for it weren’t that great…but it looks so cute! Your frozen yogurt and breakfast both look amazing.

5 caitlin January 10, 2009 at 12:08 pm

yay for volunteering. im excited for our princess volunteer in march. miss you!

6 Sharon January 10, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Wow, have such a great time volunteering!

7 Jill January 10, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Yummy breakfast! Have fun volunteering!!!

8 elise January 10, 2009 at 12:28 pm

your “quick”breakfast looked like a FEAST. so YUM!!! have fun volunteering πŸ™‚

9 carolinebee January 10, 2009 at 12:29 pm

That is so cool! Good idea, hopefully you’ll score some goodies.

10 whitneyinchicago January 10, 2009 at 12:29 pm

I just left a week at Disney! I handed out water (well actually Gatorade) for the Chicago Marathon this year. It was a whole lot of fun. Enjoy it!

11 marafaye January 10, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Tart frozen yogurt is seriously my favorite dessert EVER! If you can make it to a Red Mango, Pinkberry, or Yogen Fruz, DO IT!! It’s AWESOME.
Sorry ’bout all the caps…i just love my yogurt πŸ™‚

12 Erin January 10, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Yummy breakfast. I had almost the exact same. Volunteering is always fun, I’ve done it before and it’s inspiring to see the runners from the spectators side!

13 VeggieGirl January 10, 2009 at 12:38 pm

Lovin’ all the colorful fruit in your fro-yo and breakfast!! Yum!!

Have fun today!! And if you score any mini Larabars or something, you know I’m ready for a trade!! Haha sorry I’m selfish πŸ˜‰

14 ksgoodeats January 10, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Yucko artificial chocolate flavor is just no bueno πŸ™ but your breakfast definitely made up for it!

Oh – have fun volunteering! Let us know how it goes πŸ™‚

15 Rose January 10, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Hope you enjoy volunteering – sounds like it will be a good experience and good to see what’s ahead of you in the future πŸ™‚

16 Ryan January 10, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I’m glad you liked Bride Wars..I’m planning on seeing it on Thursday!

Volunteering for the Disney Marathon sounds like so much fun! I’d love to run in it someday too. One of my best friends did a half there a few years ago and said it was amazing! Happy Saturday!

17 Kate January 10, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I heard it was good from my friends! Then the movie critics just BASHED it! HORRIBLY. I’m going w/ you, I love kate hudson!

18 Marissa January 10, 2009 at 2:02 pm

That is so great of you to volunteer. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

19 Kimberly January 10, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Hi, Meghann! Regarding the Disney marathon, do you know if spectators have to pay a park entry fee? If not, my sister may go watch, in preparation for her own marathon next month!

I hadn’t heard about Sweet, but now I can’t wait to check it out — thanks for the tip!

20 Erica January 10, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Hey meghann! How are you doing doll? Glad you enjoyed the movie. That froyo looks way too good! I would drive there all the time (it’d be worth it ;). Have fun volunteering!

21 Allison January 10, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Um – wow – that frozen yogurt looks beyond amazing – I can only imagine how wonderful it tasted! πŸ™‚

Have fun volunteering! I look forward to hearing about it!!

22 ttfn300 January 10, 2009 at 3:39 pm

that is a great idea to volunteer!! that froyo looks migh-t yummy πŸ™‚ expos are the best!!

23 Erin January 10, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Whoa, I really like the looks of the yog. Have a blast today and I hope you find a few goodies at the expo!

24 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 10, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Sounds like you had a great run this morning. Sometimes, I like seeing people on my favorite routes, but it’s also really nice to have the trails all to myself sometimes. Love my Heather running time!

Have fun at the expo, and I can’t wait to hear about your volunteer experience. Are you going to be out along the course? So fun. Working a water stop is what inspired me to run my first half.

Love tart yogurt!

25 Hangry Pants January 10, 2009 at 4:13 pm

There was exactly one male in the theater when I went!

What a fantastic run and breakfast … I had eggs with salsa after the gym this morning. πŸ˜€

26 fitforfree January 10, 2009 at 4:28 pm

awesome of you to volunteer at the run!

27 Danielle January 10, 2009 at 4:39 pm

A marathon through Disney? That is the coolest thing I’ve ever heard.
I can’t wait to hear all about your day there!

28 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 10, 2009 at 4:52 pm

haha I hated the middle/ high school crowds around Waterford. Although I loved Sweet, can’t wait to go back!

Have fun volunteering today, can’t wait to hear how the expo was!

29 Shelby January 10, 2009 at 5:04 pm

All that fruit looks so tempting!

30 Emily January 10, 2009 at 5:25 pm

I saw that movie last night too! It was good, but who else thought that Emma’s wedding was sort of trashy – a giant video playing through a net above your vows?!?

31 Lara January 10, 2009 at 6:19 pm

I felt pretty much the exact same way about the movie.
Yogurt looks AMAZING!

32 Sarah January 10, 2009 at 7:00 pm

mmmmmmmm, i wish that (1) we were having a heat wave in ny instead of a blizzard so that (2) i could go out and get some beautiful frozen yogurt, too. have fun tomorrow!

33 Anesti Vega January 10, 2009 at 7:52 pm

Hey, it’s nice to meet you! I actually came across your blog from Angela’s.

I wanted to applaud you for staying dedicated to your health. I feel it’s one of the most important values of our time on this Earth. One of my New Year’s Resolutions that I just blogged about is reasserting my already existing dedication to good health and fitness.

Great blog and I look forward to more updates. Next time though, try not to tease us too bad with such appetizing pictures, lol

Much respect and blessings,
Anesti Vega

34 Victoria January 10, 2009 at 7:55 pm

Have fun at the race tomorrow. During high school, on the cross country team, we were often required to volunteer at the various Chicago road races at water stations and things like that. I always thought it was a lot of fun cheering for the runners.