more ยป" />

Another Cool Garmin Feature

by Meghann on January 9, 2009

I finally got around today to hooking my Garmin up to my lap top and OMG, how cool is this?!?!?!

Picture 2.png

Oh how I love thee Garmin!!!! I swear I learn something new about his guy little guy every day. I love all the information I can store on my computer now and how it gives me a map of exactly where I ran. This device is every runners dream. I can’t wait until I start training for my next race, I think this is going to make a big difference in helping me disect how I run.

Of course this activity was the highlight of my day. The rest involved a big deadline and meetings, all I can say is thank god its the weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

This morning I had a great snack of string cheese and almonds.

DSCN1510.JPG

Lunch was something easy I had actually prepared the night before – Tuna Salad.

DSCN1514.JPG

Tuna salad a is great because you can basically bulk the tuna up with so many yummy things. You don’t need to drown it in mayo and fat, I substitute other healthier alternatives for a great balanced salad.

In my Tuna Salad:

• 1 small can of Tuna
  • 1 teaspoon Fat Free Mayo
  • 1/2 tablespoon Honey Mustard
  • 1/2 tablespoon Spicy Mustard
  • Buffalo Sauce
  • Olive Tapenade
  • Banana Peppers
  • Tomato

I mixed the above ingredients last night and then this morning just topped it on a bed of spinach.

DSCN1512.JPG

On the side I had a left over Whole Wheat Oatmeal Biscuit and Apple Slices.

It was a great lunch that actually left me pretty full, I didn’t have my afternoon snack of applesauce until around 4:30, a full hour and a half later then normal.

DSCN1521.JPG

I have plans to see a movie with friends tonight and instead of suggesting dinner out, I figured I would save some $$ and calories by making something quick and easy at home.

DSCN1524.JPG

I had 1/2 of a Kashi Roasted Vegtable Pizza and some left over steamed Green Beans. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of veggies on my plate.

Now I’m off to meet my friends. Another good reason to eat at home is now I won’t feel quite as guilty indulging in my favorite Frozen Yogurt shop! Have a great Friday night!

1 Marianne January 9, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Pizza looks awesome!

Enjoy your movie & fro yo.

2 Sara January 9, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Your tuna salad looks delicious! What movie are you seeing?

3 Meghann January 9, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Bride Wars ๐Ÿ™‚

4 tami January 9, 2009 at 7:08 pm

that is very cool about your watch….

5 Matt January 9, 2009 at 7:13 pm

garmins are awesome. you know that you can create your own workouts right? you can make speed workouts and everything. let me know if you have any questions.

6 Caitlin January 9, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Hi- I’ve been reading your blog for a little while, first time to comment though. Your love for the Garmin is totally selling me…I’ve been thinking of getting one, but now I think I have to with all your enthusiasm about it. They should pay you for PR:)

7 VeggieGirl January 9, 2009 at 7:14 pm

SO FUN!!

Enjoy your evening!!

8 dailygoods January 9, 2009 at 7:19 pm

I had half a frozen pizza for dinner too! I’m seeing that you’re loving your Garmin! I was thinking about getting a hrm but they seem so expensive, do you think they’re worth the investment? Thanks girl! have fun at the movies ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Marissa January 9, 2009 at 7:21 pm

Those Garmin features are so cool!!!

10 Amy January 9, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Great eats today! I love mixing new tuna salads up, and yours sounds great. If I could only have tomatoes =\ Same with the pizza! Yum. Have fun at the movies and enjoy the yogurt shop.

Love the Garmin features! Very cool.

11 Danielle January 9, 2009 at 7:40 pm

How was that pizza I’ve seen it in the stores bu tnever tried it.
It seems like almost everyone (myself included) had pizza tonight, I guess it’s a Friday night thing.
That Garmin is so cool!

12 Shelby January 9, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Enjoy your evening!

Cool gadget =)

13 Katerina January 9, 2009 at 8:47 pm

The garmin software works on the mac!!! That so good to know, I have been trying to decide whetehr to get one or not and that helps.

I was wondering if you could post a review of your garmin? I would love to know how you find it – is it too big? Easy to use? What about pressing buttons while running? Does it lock? Which one do you have..etc.. I know you haven’t been using it for that long yet but… well I am curious!

14 Melissa S. January 9, 2009 at 8:50 pm

ohhh…that is seriously the coolest gadget ever! I want a garmin super bad now!

and i’m jealous of the fro yo…sooooo jealous…but it is freezing down here where i am, so i don’t know if it would go well.

i sent you and email too, fyi.

15 Mark January 9, 2009 at 8:57 pm

I want to put that pizza in my mouth.

16 HangyYPants January 9, 2009 at 8:58 pm

haha – mark swiped the computer.

The garmin looks like a great training tool! You seem to be really enjoying it. I also want to put the pizza in my mouth!

Heather

17 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 9, 2009 at 8:59 pm

ooh so jealous you’re going to see Bride Wars!! If my sister and I weren’t like 450 miles apart we’d totally be going to see that tonight.

Please tell me you’re going to Waterford and by favorite yogurt shop you’ll be hitting up Sweet! Mmm, love that place! (Although Waterford on Fri night is awful, hello middle school hang out).

Oh, and I heard there’s another good fro yo place…I think it’s in Winter Park, called Gurtzberry.

18 ttfn300 January 9, 2009 at 9:12 pm

ooh, lovely feature for your garmin!!!

19 Missy (MISSY MAINTAINS) January 9, 2009 at 9:29 pm

The Garmin looks so cool! That pizza looks great! I have never had it because I need someone to split it with me or else I would probably want the entire thing! I’m a huge sucker for pizza ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 9, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Oh my gosh – your Garmin is so cool! My husband just bought one, but I don’t know it’s the same as your’s. He hasn’t figured it out yet…maybe I need to steal it. ๐Ÿ™‚

I see your still rockin the olive tapenade. Love it!

Hope you had fun with the girls and enjoyed your frozen yogurt. That sounds really good right now.

21 Meg January 9, 2009 at 10:10 pm

That Garmin is amazing! Love all the eats!

22 Andrea [bella eats] January 9, 2009 at 10:26 pm

Hope you had a great night! Sorry I was so late getting back to you with the screen shot question…but it looks like you figured it out! How was the Kashi Pizza? I’m always looking for good, healthy frozen pizza options…

23 eatingbender January 10, 2009 at 12:29 am

Oooh the Garmin is awesome! I like your way of thinking on saving money on your dinner – I’ve never tried Kashi pizza before, what’s it like?

Hope you had fun!

24 sarahannmatheny January 10, 2009 at 2:00 am

I’ve wondered about those pizzas myself…Andrea and Jenn beat me to it, how are they?

25 Sharon January 10, 2009 at 2:59 am

Garmin sounds so awesome!
And wow, delicious eats! Love it ALL!

26 Lara January 10, 2009 at 5:44 am

Glad you are feeling better! I am dying to try the Kashi pizzas. YAY for frozen yogurt!!
Have a great weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Angel January 10, 2009 at 6:46 am

Same question….Are the Kashi pizza’s good? And I LOVE the banana pepper idea in the tuna salad, I will have to try that next time.

28 Meghann January 10, 2009 at 7:48 am

If your in a pinch I really like the Kashi Pizzas. They’re nothing like homemade but they’re very light and not to heavy. Just make sure to eat something on the side becuase a half of one will not fill you up. I usually have a salad to go with the pizza. ๐Ÿ™‚

29 Kelly January 10, 2009 at 10:20 am

I just hooked mine up too! It’s really cool.

30 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 10, 2009 at 10:42 am

Hey! Thanks for letting me know about the running expo, it sounds like so much fun! We actually already have plans today though, bummer. ๐Ÿ™ Hope you had fun last night!

31 Bridget January 10, 2009 at 11:43 am

That garmin is awesome!! I haven’t tried hooking my new HRM to my computer just yet but I will soon! Your tuna lunch looks fabulous, I lvoe adding lots of fun stuff to tuna!
Hope you had a fun night! I am seeing that movie tomorrow!!

32 Lee January 10, 2009 at 12:19 pm

You can also set it to tell you your mileage splits which is fun to look at. I think it might be called autolap or something. It’s in the manual.

33 Ida January 10, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I love my garmin too! you can also use the website motionbased.com for uploading data. It makes even cooler graphs than the garmin program:)

34 Andrea (Andrea's Eats) January 10, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Good luck at the marathon.

How is the Kashi pizza? I need to try it one day soon.