more ยป" />

Smothered Chicken

by Meghann on January 8, 2009

Good Evening Blogland!

I’m so excited that today is almost over and that means tomorrow is FRIDAY! YAY!! Even if I do have a Market Analysis report due at work tomorrow and have two meetings scheduled back to back, I am so ready to be free for the weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

This afternoon I had a great snack of an Apple and Cashew Butter

DSCN1492.JPG

And yes that is an apple cutter I brought to work with me. Nothing is better then fresh apple slices.

Dinner tonight was inspired by a post on Kath’s blog from a while back for Pistachio & Goat Cheese Smothered Chicken. The recipe was really easy and came out great. The only difference is I didn’t have pistachios so I used crushed pecans and brazil nuts instead.

DSCN1495.JPG

With the awesome chicken I had steamed Green Beans and Okra.

I broke into Caitlin’s Wedding Favor of M&Ms for dessert.

DSCN1496.JPG

Aww… these make me miss Caitlin! But its good to know she having a FABULOUS time on her Honeymoon. Has everyone been keeping up with her honeymoon posts ? If not you should go check them out, she has some great pictures of the gorgeous Napa countryside.

I really loved the response to my post this afternoon. I love how inspired everyone is and thanks for all the e-mails… keep them coming! I look forward to keeping up with everyones progress through the next couple of months.

Its time for me to go crash. I took some sudafed thats making me very sleepy. Here’s hoping I wake up with a clear head and a dry nose. Good night!

1 eatingbender January 8, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Great dinner! I think nut crusted “meats” (and when I say meat, I basically mean chicken, tofu, fish…whatever) are one of the best main courses out there.

Hope you feel better tomorrow!

2 Meg January 8, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Fabulous dinner! Hope you feel better tomorrow!

3 biz319 January 8, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Love the apple cutter at work! Um, the one at my office has been there so long its rusted – yuk!

I need to try a crusted chicken recipe. I’ve made pretzel coated chicken before, but not nuts.

Almost Friday – hang in there!

4 jenngirl January 8, 2009 at 9:20 pm

Apple cutters are the BOMB! I need to try cashew butter…

I’m sooo happy that Caitlin is enjoying her honeymoon AND finding the time to update us, it’s fun!

Hope you get a good night’s sleep, and feel better in the morning ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Amy January 8, 2009 at 9:24 pm

I want to try cashew butter…it sounds great ! Yay for tomorrow being friday…this week went so fast. Good luck with your report!

Great chicken dish…thanks! Have a nice night and feel better Meghann ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Danielle January 8, 2009 at 9:25 pm

I too am so happy about the weekend coming up! What a long week back at work! Hope your meetings go by quickly tomorrow. Nothing worse then a friday afternoon dragging!

7 strongandhealthy January 8, 2009 at 9:25 pm

Apple and cashew butter = yummy!!!!

8 Laura January 8, 2009 at 9:25 pm

Yay! Friday is almost here. ๐Ÿ™‚ This week had a rough start for me after the holidays, but it’s almost over now.

I remember seeing that chicken on Kath’s blog and wanting to try it. I’m glad you liked it!

9 Marissa January 8, 2009 at 9:28 pm

I am BEYOND THRILLED tomorrow is Friday!!

10 drea January 8, 2009 at 9:34 pm

i didnt get to post on the last entry but just wanted to say “SO INSPIRATIONAL!!”

11 Matt January 8, 2009 at 9:35 pm

mmm that chicken looks amazing. how is that cashew butter? i’m a pb addict but i’m afraid to try something new! haha.

12 Marianne January 8, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Dinner looks awesome. I even have all the components to make a similar dish at home. Must remember that for some time.

13 gina (fitnessista) January 8, 2009 at 9:52 pm

that dinner looks incredible!!
hope you feel better tomorrow <3

14 Maggie January 8, 2009 at 9:53 pm

I am soooo excited for the weekend! Can’t come soon enough ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Justy2003 January 8, 2009 at 10:01 pm

I made that chicken once, too…it is pretty tasty! But then again, anything with goat cheese is tasty to me ๐Ÿ™‚

16 marafaye January 8, 2009 at 10:03 pm

That chicken looks awesome!

17 Annie January 8, 2009 at 10:08 pm

that apple cutter is cool!

18 Bridget January 8, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Yay for almost Friday!!

Thanks for the inspiration in your lunch post! I think so many people set themselves up to fail with weight-loss resolutions, so it’s important to remember that you CAN do it!

19 HangryPants January 8, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Yay for Caitlin’s M&Ms. Is it weird that I miss her?

20 Sharon January 8, 2009 at 10:21 pm

MMmmm delicious! I have actually never used an apple cutter before. They look really handy!

21 elise January 8, 2009 at 10:25 pm

hehe, im not sure why, but the apple slicer makes me laugh.
hungryhungryhippie.com

22 Missy (MISSY MAINTAINS) January 8, 2009 at 10:45 pm

That chicken looks so amazing! I love goat cheese!! Yay for Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

23 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 8, 2009 at 10:46 pm

That reminds me…I have that smothered chicken recipe bookmarked. I even bought the honey mustard but have yet to make it. Glad you enjoyed it – I will make it soon. Hope you are feeling better in the AM. Yay for Friday!

24 Melissa S. January 8, 2009 at 11:03 pm

I hope you feel better!

and i’ll let you know about saturday by tomorrow! I Hope it can work!

25 Andrea [bella eats] January 8, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Yum…I bookmarked this recipe from Kath’s blog as well!

Love your last post…you’re such a great inspiration in blogland!!! My big goal: to run the c’ville 10-miler on April 5th!!! Also, to find my ideal weight by May and maintain my healthy weight and lifestyle for all of 2009 and beyond!!!

26 Sara January 8, 2009 at 11:20 pm

I love that you brought an apple cutter at work! I love apples but I’m not fond of biting into them, so I often cut mine at work. ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Yelena January 9, 2009 at 1:02 am

Love the apple cutter- apples are just not the same!

28 janeterin January 9, 2009 at 1:18 am

That recipe looks fantastic! I freaking love pecans! I have to try it. This is my favorite recipe with chicken and pecans for now – http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pecan-and-Panko-Crusted-Chicken-Breasts-235598. But modified to be healthier, of course!

I have braces so I have to eat my apples sliced! I have been doing it by hand (well, with a knife, but you know what I mean), but looks like an apple cutter might be a worthwhile investment. I’m gonna look at the thrift store – I’m all about repurposing things! ๐Ÿ™‚

Love your blog!

29 bobbi January 9, 2009 at 1:22 am

I havent commented in a while but I have been keeping up with all the fun post, loving the strawberry shortcake haven’t had that in forever! I am so glad that you are not a statistic:)

30 sarahannmatheny January 9, 2009 at 2:23 am

So funny, when I see those M&Ms I think of Caitlin’s post where she admitted that she broke into them and felt so guilty about it. HA! Glad she saved some for you!

31 Lara January 9, 2009 at 5:00 am

Happy Friday! Cashew butter is definitely on my list of “must try”!

32 Elina January 9, 2009 at 8:47 am

Ooh my reader didn’t update with Caitlins new posts and I was wondering how she was enjoying her honeymoon. Thanks for the links!
The chicken looks great, btw. Which one do you prefer, this recipe or the pican chicken you’ve made in the past?

33 lauren January 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm

I need one of those apple corers!