Predictable Weather

by Meghann on January 8, 2009

For those of you not from Florida, let me explain our winter weather patterns. It’s pretty simple:

1. It Rains
  2. It gets Cold
  3. It warms Up
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 from end of October through beginning of March

It has been pretty warm in the Sunshine state since way before Christmas, yesterday a rain storm came through causing the temps to slip back down. Basically every time it rains in the winter you will expect a slight cool down before its back to warmer temps. Soooo predictable.

Because it was on the cooler side this morning, I didn’t want to risk going on a run with my cold, so I stayed in and did a work out DVD instead. I chose The Firm: Total Body Crunch as it was not one I had done in a while.

This was the first work out DVD I’ve ever purchased and I have to day its not my favorite, but it was a nice and easy one to do with my head feeling all clouded.

Breakfast after my shower featured the same wonderful berries as yesterday.

DSCN1479

I had 1 cup of Cherrios, 2/3 cup of PB Puffins, Strawberries and Blackberries.

I’m sorry berries aren’t fresh for everyone right because these are seriously sooo good.

I’m so glad it’s Thursday, I am so ready for this week to be over. I have a pretty chill weekend planned to allow for plenty of time to rest up, I really think I need it. How is everyone else’s first week back after the holidays going?

1 VeggieGirl January 8, 2009 at 9:03 am

Ah yes, the weather is predictable here as well – cold, cold, FREEZING 😉

PB PUFFINS!!!!!!

I’m still on break – start back to school on Monday (eeeek).

2 Amanda January 8, 2009 at 9:06 am

MM those berries look awesome – I’m pretty jealous!!

This week has been tough – it’s definitely hard to get back into work mode after time off! Can’t wait for the weekend either!

Have a good day 🙂

3 Marissa January 8, 2009 at 9:08 am

Yay peanut butter puffins!!!

Work is CRAZY! Super busy!

4 fitforfree January 8, 2009 at 9:24 am

tasty b’fast 🙂 The first week back from vac. is always the hardest; I’m draggin at work!!

5 dailygoods January 8, 2009 at 9:25 am

First week back has been good! I have gotten my exercise schedule back on track, and am back to the 9-5 daily eats which tend to be healthier than the day off eats. It’s good to start the new year fresh!

6 Matt January 8, 2009 at 9:27 am

the weather is the same exact way here!

my first week back has been alright. class started back up yesterday though which is a bummer!

7 Meg January 8, 2009 at 9:35 am

Sounds like Texas weather. We had 80 degrees Saturday and freezing rain Monday!

8 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 8, 2009 at 9:38 am

Berries AND PB Puffins – Fab-O brekkie Meghann! Um, yesterday was a bit rough, but the rest of the week hasn’t been too bad. I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend as well!

9 ksgoodeats January 8, 2009 at 9:46 am

I’m still on break but next week is going to be brutal!!

I just wanted to say that your strawberry shortcake from yesterday – DIVINE GIRL!!

10 Rose January 8, 2009 at 9:58 am

This first week is tiring! I’m ready for the weekend!

11 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 8, 2009 at 10:00 am

I wish berries were that fresh here in NY right now! They look so good!

My week has been pretty slow. I have not had much work to do in the office. I am really looking forward to the weekend!

12 Justy2003 January 8, 2009 at 10:20 am

I’m not back to school until next week, so I’m still enjoying my vacation. I’m looking forward to getting back into a routine next week, but a little anxious because I start clinical rotations, so it’s gonna be a little nerve-wracking!

13 Meghann January 8, 2009 at 10:22 am

Justy – What are you in school for?

14 Melissa January 8, 2009 at 10:31 am

UGH, This week is dragging since it’s the first FULL week in a while 🙁

Ah…the Firm videos! I think I have like 5 of those sitting in my basement somewhere! Good idea about bringing something old back to mix it up a bit!!

15 Lara January 8, 2009 at 10:52 am

ugh–first week is difficult. I always struggle to get back in the swing of things. Hopefully it will gte easier as the weekend approaches!
Beautiful berries!

16 tami January 8, 2009 at 10:57 am

i am glad it’s thursday for you too, seems like you have had a rough week-the weather here in NH, it’s cold, then snows, then warms up to 35, then it’s cold and then it snows…you get the picture!

17 Biz January 8, 2009 at 11:16 am

I love your berries! Wish mine weren’t so expensive lately!

Things are getting back to normal – as much as I like the holiday bustle, since my husband was in the hospital for Christmas, I just wanted to get to January!

Now I want it to be summer!

18 Emily January 8, 2009 at 11:22 am

I’m so jealous that you get all those great fresh fruits!! Just one more day til the weekend!

19 jenngirl January 8, 2009 at 11:49 am

I can totallly relate to that weather flucuation…Mississippi is very similar in that aspect. In fact, it’s cold here today because it’s been raining for the past few days! Craziness!

I’m preparing for my big move, first week of classes, etc…which can be just as crazy as actually being in school sometimes!

20 rhodeygirltests January 8, 2009 at 11:57 am

showing off the berries ay? yes, i am officially jealous.

21 Andrea [bella eats] January 8, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Hehe…oh yes. I remember the Florida weather. Its similar here, but our “warmer” is 50*. I can’t tell you how happy I am when I see it will be 50* and sunny in the winter!

Hope you’re feeling better…those berries are beautiful!

22 Danielle January 8, 2009 at 12:22 pm

This week has been dragging! I can’t wait for it to be over. Like you I made almost no plans for the weekend, we’ll see what I feel like doing when the time comes but I’m making no commitments just in case I don’t want to do anything.
Mmm your berries look great!

23 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 8, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Yup that about sums up our weather. 🙂 That and the rain can be completely unpredictable. i.e. you can be out running and it randomly starts raining..then stops and it’s sunny and humid and you’re wet…gross.

FL is so weird – once at my house in Sarasota it was literally raining in the backyard but not in the front.

24 sarahannmatheny January 8, 2009 at 1:08 pm

The week has flown by for me…this is the first day I don’t have a ton on my schedule.

Are you feeling better today?

I also have blackberries and Puffins in my house and they both are fantastic!!!

25 Betsy in Pittsburgh January 8, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I was in Florida this past Friday on my way back from a cruise and the weather was beautiful. Now being back in Pittsburgh there’s dark freezing rain, snow, and ice. Blech.

26 Justy2003 January 8, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Meghann-
I’m in grad school for genetic counseling. I’m in my first year and the first semester we only had classes, but now comes the “real world” part with clinical rotations! Eek!

27 Elina January 8, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Good job on working out while being sick, but still taking it relatively easy! Hope you feel better soon!
This week really flew by! When you said: “thank god it’s Thursday” I had to double check that I’m not reading an older post from last week because I thought it was still Wednesday! Well, I’m happy it is Thursday though because I’m ready for Friday for sure! 😀

28 Ryan January 8, 2009 at 1:41 pm

It’s so true about Florida weather. I am SO glad that it’s cold again though! My 25 minute run was 10X’s easier yesterday than my two 10 minute runs on Monday were when it was so hot out.

29 Amy January 8, 2009 at 1:50 pm

A question about the berries, where I live (Hawaii) we have berries on sale right now too, but I try my hardest not to by them because they all come from South America (it’s their summer right now so berries are in season) and are shipped to California first, then out here to Hawaii, which is definitely not environmentally friendly. Are the ones you buy grown locally in Florida? If so, you are very lucky!

30 Meghann January 8, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Hey Amy! Yes the berries are local here! They come from Plant city, which is near Tampa about 2 hours from here. They are FAMOUS for their strawberries and because of our weather they tend to have an earlier season, which begins in January and goes through September. Each year they even throw a Strawberry Festival in March which is a really good time.

31 Alexia January 8, 2009 at 1:56 pm

I am glad your weather is predictable cause they can’t seem to get ours right here. This year has been crazy here in Tennessee… It’s been 60 degrees in December!!! Crazy!

The first part of this week was really busy and yesterday and today have been pretty quiet. Knock on wood. I hope tomorrow will be the same so I can start the weekend stress free.

32 Shelby January 8, 2009 at 2:16 pm

*sticks her tongue out at you* Fresh berries?! I’m so jealous.

33 Marianne January 8, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Definitely jealous of the fresh berries – we won’t have local berries til at least June, if not later here!

34 Kate January 8, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Here in MN it takes a while to get any good fruit in season:( And even then berries are RIDICULOUSLY expensive! Same-this weekend will be a good time to rest up as my friends have all gone back to school!