more ยป" />

14 times…

by Meghann on January 7, 2009

That’s how many times I had to visit the ladies room today!

When I’m sick I always feel better when I’m hydrated, so I have been chugging my water bottle and hot tea all through out the day. Unfortunately, my little bladder can’t take the nonstop water and I think I was in the restroom more then I was at my desk. Oh well.

At the points I was at my desk I did manage to snack on a Kashi Pumpkin Spice Bar.

DSCN1449.JPG

Lunch today was my attempt to be creative with left overs. I took the other half of the Butternut Squash fries I made yesterday and instead of having them as fries again, I put them in a yummy sandwich.

DSCN1455.JPG

I had two pieces of Whole Wheat Bread, the Butternut Squash, Goat Cheese and Spinach that I pressed in the George Foreman. It was GOOOOODDDDDD!!!!! I HIGHLY suggest trying this combo!

On the side I also had some left over Pecan Rice from over the weekend…

DSCN1451.JPG

…an Orange to get some much needed Vitamin C

DSCN1453.JPG

…and a couple of Hazelnut German Chocolates to help me feel better.

DSCN1456.JPG

32 oz of water and a couple of restroom trips later I snacked on a bag of 100 calorie Kettle Popcorn.

DSCN1458.JPG

For dinner I was craving comfort food and what better comfort food is there when you’re sick then Chicken Noodle Soup? I decided to do a twist on the classic soup and came up with a wonderful veggie version.

DSCN1463.JPG

• Mushrooms
  • 2 Handfuls of Spinach
  • Whole Wheat No-Yolk Egg Noodles
  • Oregano
  • Thyme
  • S&P

In a large pan sautee the onion, carrots, garlic and mushrooms over medium high heat. Drain the can of chickpeas and add them to the mixture to add a little color. Add the vegetables broth and diced tomatoes to top. Bring to a boil then drop in the noodles. Let the soup simmer for 15 minutes and add the spinach and simmer for 5 more minutes. Season to taste.

DSCN1464.JPG

With the soup I made a batch of Erica’s Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread. I halved the recipe and made drop biscuits instead of a loaf of bread. They came out so tasty I wanted another one, but instead of just eating another biscuit I decided to incorporate it in my dessert.

DSCN1468.JPG

I made my absolute favorite dessert, Strawberry Short Cake. Atop the biscuit I had 4 chopped strawberries and a dollop of Fat Free Cool Whip. AMAZING!

I had a pretty great day of eats if I do say so myself. Now hopefully these yummy eats will help me feel better. Thank you for all of you Get Well Soons, I’m wishing the same thing!

Good night!

1 eatingbender January 7, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Wow, this post is making me hungry! I like your idea for a butternut squash sandwich – and Erica’s bread + your strawberry shortcake takes the “cake” (yeah, I said it – what of it?)

Strawberry Shortcake is my favorite dessert, too! By the way, congrats on owning your own domain now ๐Ÿ™‚

2 VeggieGirl January 7, 2009 at 8:16 pm

No worries!! That just means that your body is getting rid of all the sickness/toxins – keep “going”!! ๐Ÿ˜€

3 eatingbender January 7, 2009 at 8:17 pm

P.S. I meant to say get well soon! And that being sick always makes me have to go to the bathroom, too – haha!

4 ttfn300 January 7, 2009 at 8:18 pm

that sammie, FANTASTIC ๐Ÿ™‚ and kinder!! get a good night’s sleep and hopefully you’ll be feeling better tomorrow meghann!

5 Danielle January 7, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Oh I hope you feel better soon! Being sick is no fun. Get some rest girl!
Oh and I think I went to the bathroom almost as much as you. But that’s a normal day for me lol.

6 elise January 7, 2009 at 8:25 pm

OMG! That sandwich with butternut squash looks SO good! I’m definitely going to try that. Your desserts not half bad looking either. hope you feel better soon.

hungryhungryhippie.com

7 sweetandnatural January 7, 2009 at 8:26 pm

That sandwich – oh my goodness! A dream! I’m slightly obsessed with goat cheese, so it’s looking pretty awesome.

8 Emily January 7, 2009 at 8:27 pm

No way- I just had strawberry shortcake made with drop biscuits too!!! I prefer using frozen strawberries, mostly thawed in the microwave, since then I can drizzle the berry juice over the biscuits. I topped it with vanilla yogurt. MMM!

9 sarahannmatheny January 7, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Beautiful food! I LOVE shhtrawberry shortcake!

Keep chugging that water and the vitamin C! Hope you feel better tomorrow!

10 gina (fitnessista) January 7, 2009 at 8:30 pm

FINALLY catching up on my blogs! so sorry your sick! 14 times?! yowzer. that always happens to me, too when i try to drown a sickness away. hope you feel better so soon!
i’ve totally gotta try the goat cheese and butternut combo- that sounds amazing
have a great night

11 Erin January 7, 2009 at 8:41 pm

That sandwich looks freakin’ dreamy!
At first I thought you meant you went 14 times to go…#2. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Glad that wasn’t the case!
Feel better Meghann!

12 Amy January 7, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Lovely looking food today! I think i’m getting sick too, and I feel ya—it sucks! Glad you stayed hydrated and got some vit c in ๐Ÿ˜‰ get well soon my friend!

13 Alexia January 7, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Your chicken noodle soup looks great. I think I might have to try it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sorry you are still feeling crummy!

14 Maggie January 7, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Feel better! Great dessert idea ๐Ÿ™‚

15 inmytummy January 7, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Very impressed that you cooked all that when you were not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.

16 Erica January 7, 2009 at 8:49 pm

chickpeas are the best substitute for chicken! All of your eats today look really yummy. I hate feeling like I’m running to the bathroom all day at work, but at least your flushing out your system! Feel better chicky!

17 Caitlin January 7, 2009 at 8:56 pm

have you ever had Kinder eggs? They are so yummy! You ar so hard to find in the US though!. Where did you find the Kinder chocolates?

have a great ‘rest of your night’!

18 Shelby January 7, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Mmm, first of all that dessert sounds AMAZING! I love the idea of drop biscuits instead of bread.

That sammich looks good too! And I love those Kashi bars!

19 Marianne January 7, 2009 at 9:42 pm

The sandwich looks awesome – but how can you go wrong with a grilled sandwich, really? ๐Ÿ˜‰

And there is a recipe for Chickpea Noodle Soup in Veganomicon (my new cookbook – well, one of them). I should see how similar yours is to that one ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Meg January 7, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Get well soon! Love the drop biscuits and the soup!

21 Ryan January 7, 2009 at 9:53 pm

Your sandwich looks SOOO good! I LOVE goat cheese. That made me want to run out and get it right now!

22 angiismyname January 7, 2009 at 9:54 pm

I <3 george foreman grills. your sandwich looks really good, i love goat cheese. mmmm

23 dailygoods January 7, 2009 at 10:02 pm

I am the exact same way at work! I swear everyone sees me go to the bathroom a million times a day. I hope you start to feel better soon! Looks like that chicken noodle soup could definitely do the trick! Your food always looks so good! I’m jealous of your skills ๐Ÿ™‚

24 Melissa January 7, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Feel better Meghann. You beat me to the punch, but great day of eats!

25 Marissa January 7, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Yay for “veggie-fying” recipes!!!!

26 carolinebee January 7, 2009 at 11:04 pm

14 times that is annoying! haha that’s good though and I hope you feel better…I’m PRAYING to get a job close to home- your at home lunches look amazing and so much better than brown baggin’ it ๐Ÿ˜€

27 kateswholeplate January 8, 2009 at 12:05 am

I say if you’re sick chocolate is obviously the way to go:) I hardly EVER eat vegetarian sandwiches (that I make my own) but I have got to try that since I just made my squash fries again tonight! I hope you feel better!

28 carolinebee January 8, 2009 at 12:15 am

PS I’m sure you have..but have you looked on Craig’s List for bikes?? My friend got one for a great price, and she could go look at it beforehand…I’m sure you’d use it a TON in your sunshiney state!

29 Sharon January 8, 2009 at 1:03 am

Whoa, delicious! Looks amazing – especially that GF sandwich. I want a GF grill and might get one soon. I love sandwiches!

30 Jen January 8, 2009 at 6:46 am

Squash fries in a sammy with goat cheese? I totally MUST try!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Your strawberry shortcake idea is brilliant!

31 limberkimbers January 8, 2009 at 8:00 am

I’m for sure going to have to try the sandwich, YUM!

And that strawberry shortcake looks pretty darn good too!

Feel better!

32 Meghann January 8, 2009 at 8:13 am

Caitlin – No, I don’t think I’ve had Kinder Eggs. The Chocolates are from my Cousin’s wife who is from Germany. They’re really good. ๐Ÿ™‚

33 Erica January 8, 2009 at 8:24 am

haha. I know! I feel like I should love wine but I just …don’t. My parents are HUGE wine people too and always offer me wonderful samples of pricey wines and I’m just like eh… Maybe some day I’ll like it? Until then..beer girl I am !

34 Caitlin January 8, 2009 at 10:30 am

^thanks for replying! Kinder Eggs are eggs with chocolate on the outside and white chocolate on the inside (they are hollow though and have a tiny toy inside..lol) Apparently they are not sold in the US bc they are a choking hazard. Either way they are soo yummy and I have only ever found them at a specialty store in NYC! haha

35 lauren January 8, 2009 at 4:05 pm

great sandwich combo – sounds delish!

36 Diana January 13, 2009 at 8:52 am

wow, that dessert looks delish! strawberry shortcake is a great dessert! ๐Ÿ™‚

37 Sophia January 17, 2009 at 9:44 am

your sandwich makes me DROOL~
and thanks for the link to the oatmeal drop biscuits! I’m gonna try that out myself~

38 Sophia January 17, 2009 at 9:44 am

your sandwich makes me DROOL~
and thanks for the link to the oatmeal drop biscuits! Iโ€™m gonna try that out myself~