more ยป" />

www.graduatemeghann.com

by Meghann on January 6, 2009

I did it! I bought a domain name today.

You can now view my blog at http://www.graduatemeghann.com Don’t worry you won’t have to change your bookmarks, the old address should still transfer and hopefully Google Reader will do the same thing. :)

In other news I just talked to my Dad and he wanted me to Thank all of you for the wonderful Birthday Wishes! He was really touched there were so many comments wishing him another good year.

For my snack today I had a Kashi Cereal Bar.

DSCN1427.JPG

For dinner I decided to make an old favorite I haven’t had in a while… Perfectly Portioned Chicken Meatloaf. I made a couple of changes by making it with Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs instead of Oatmeal and added some Buffalo Sauce for a little spice.

DSCN1429.JPG

With the meatloaf I had half of a Tomato and a quarter of a Butternut Squash.

The dinner was wonderfully satisfying and just the right amount of food. :)

Dessert was Cinnamon Apples topped with Annie’s Honey Graham Bunnies and a dollop Fat Free Cool Whip.

DSCN1440.JPG

It was the perfect ending to another great meal.

People always ask me how I manage to cook meals for just me night after night and I tell them it’s easy. Just looking back at this meal and remembering how great it what makes it east. I can’t wait to see what I can cook next, which makes me wonder how people give up for cooking for themselves. Sure, I’m the only one enjoying the food, but does that really matter? I mean what’s wrong with working hard for just me for a change? :) Does anyone else out there really enjoy cooking for just you?

1 angiismyname January 6, 2009 at 8:15 pm

I was wondering why when i type in your site it went to graduatemeghann.com instead of the other one . Good for you meggy . Congrats.

2 Ryan January 6, 2009 at 8:23 pm

That’s so awesome!! Was it expensive to get your own domain?

I enjoy cooking for myself sometimes…you don’t have to worry about someone else’s taste buds! Your meal and dessert look delish!!!

3 Mel January 6, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Congrats on the domain!

I love cooking for myself because I only have to take into consideration what I want. Plus I love making a big batch of something for the nights when I don’t want to make a big meal.

4 VeggieGirl January 6, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Love the plate!!

I ALWAYS enjoy cooking for myself – it’s fun and delish :-)

5 Regan January 6, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Congrats on the domain! I was just wondering what does owning a domain mean? lol I don’t know much about webpage/sites.

Since going away to college I have found that I really enjoy making meals for myself. I can be creative and I don’t have anyone there to criticize my meals. It also is easier to be more creative because you aren’t preparing a large amount of food, so if things don’t turn out so hot your not wasting a ton of food.
I enjoy making my own meals because I know exactly what went into them and plus it makes you feel like a Big Girl! :)

6 Quinn January 6, 2009 at 8:47 pm

I LOVE cooking for just me. Before the fiance was in the picture I was always cooking for one. It was exciting and nice to have the extra “me” time. And you get to experiment!

7 Maggie January 6, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Congrats on the domain!! Everything looks yummy :)

8 Shelby January 6, 2009 at 9:00 pm

I LOVE cooking for one. I think making little meals are so cute and I like to see all the eyes of envy in the house that I didn’t make them any. haha that’s what they get for knocking the vegan diet =P

Yummy dessert! I love cinnamon apples.

9 Meg January 6, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Congrats on buying your domain name! That is awesome. I have been considering it lately and might just take the plunge soon!

10 Kristin January 6, 2009 at 9:15 pm

CONGRATS GIRL!
I just bought my own domiain name as well, but I have NO IDEA how to transfer my blog to it!! Any advice?!?!

11 Meghann January 7, 2009 at 7:08 am

Kristin – I did mine through Wordpress so it was super easy, would have been lost otherwise. Sorry I’m not much help!

12 amy January 6, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Congrats on the domain! That’s exciting and I’m happy for you and your blog :D

I love cooking for just me. My friends at college always complain about it but I don’t understand…I completely love making a “real dinner” for myself when I’m at school, every night. We’re just ahead of our times :)

Have a nice evening <3

13 carolinebee January 6, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Congrats on the domain! V. cool…I COMPLETELY relate to the cooking for one, I know that when I don’t cook myself a “proper” meal…I won’t be satisfied and then want to eat junky stuff all night anyway! Cooking for one is the way to go.

14 Amandamoo January 6, 2009 at 9:29 pm

Congrats!! Woohoo!!

The boyfriend has been living out of town Sunday-Thursday for the last month (and has one more month to go for work). I’ve loooooved cooking for myself and not having to worry about accomodating his appetite and ridiculous demands for mac’n'cheese!! ha!

15 Tina January 6, 2009 at 9:49 pm

Congrats on the new domain name! I was so excited the day that I got mine! :)

16 Marianne January 6, 2009 at 9:58 pm

If I didn’t always cook for myself then I would starve, since I’m the only one here. I’ve always loved cooking regardless of how many people it’s for, and my family never did take out much, so it just made sense to cook at home. Plus it’s so much cheaper!

Congrats on the domain :) One day I might splurge myself.

17 Lee January 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm

I get kind of frustrated just cooking for myself. I either end up with a ton of leftovers that often to go waste, or I end up quartering the recipe (or whatever is required to make 1 serving) and end up with things like 3/4 of a can of beans leftover. Do you follow recipes when you cook for yourself or just make stuff up that sounds good?

18 Meghann January 7, 2009 at 7:05 am

Lee – It has taken me a while to get used to cooking for just me. If I do follow a recipe I bring it down to a single serving, but mainly I just make up stuff that sounds good. It takes practice to get the measurements right for one person.

19 Aggie January 6, 2009 at 10:19 pm

I have been really craving meatloaf lately (who craves meatloaf?!) ;)…I’ll have to check out your recipe! I love that you added some buffalo sauce to it, I love having a kick!

I love cooking for me! And congrats on your new domain!!

20 Sharon January 6, 2009 at 10:20 pm

Congratulations on the domain!!! And great eats!!!! YUM!

21 Marissa January 6, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Congrats on the domain name!!!!

22 Julz January 6, 2009 at 10:43 pm

YOU SO FINE =] I’m SO proud of you and your new domain! Hottie McHotHot ;)

As unfortunate as this is, I used to cook for myself ALL THE TIME, but recently it’s very difficult to figure out my hunger cues that when I finally am hungry I just go for convenience… Microwaved steamed veggies, pre-baked/seasoned cubed tofu, a saladbar salad, a protein bar, greek yogurt, fruit, etc. It’s SO hard to figure out my hunger cues and I only notice them when I’m hangry and anxious hungry— All in time though! :)

23 biz319 January 6, 2009 at 11:02 pm

I just usually click your site off my blog roll, will that still work?

Congrats and good eats!

24 ksgoodeats January 6, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Congrats on the site!!

Cin apples and Annie’s!? Girl – you’re a genius!!

25 laughinglindsay January 6, 2009 at 11:10 pm

I LOVE cooking for myself. I get to dictate everything, just the way I want it. I am going to have a harder time adjusting to cooking for two!

26 Meghnn January 6, 2009 at 11:30 pm

Yay on the domain name! It’s funny because I just read a blurb on domain names on real simple.com today- good for you!

I just wanted to tell you that your blog has really become my favorite to read each day. I don’t know if it’s because we’re name twins or what, but I feel like I can really relate to you! I just started my first job and live by myself too (and I do love cooking for myself!) so I find much inspiration from you. I’m glad you stuck with blogging! :)

27 caitlin January 7, 2009 at 12:18 am

i miss you!! thanks for the updates on my blog! i couldnt help but post a honeymoon update on my own!!!

xoxo

28 sarahannmatheny January 7, 2009 at 1:11 am

Congratulations…now you are the master of your own domain!!

I wish my kids and hubs ate more of what I ate so that instead of cooking for one and one and one and one, I was just cooking for four!

29 Lara January 7, 2009 at 6:23 am

Congrats on the new domain name! That is exciting!
I do like cooking for myself because I don’t have to worry about using an ingredient that someone else doesn’t like. On the other hand, it seems easier to cook for two than it is for one. But at least with one you often get leftovers!!
I haven’t been able to check my email but I noticed you deleted the mistake–thank you! :)

30 Sammie January 7, 2009 at 10:41 am

I love to cook for myself. Sometimes it is nice to just make whatever I am in the mood for.

31 rhodeygirltests January 7, 2009 at 11:31 am

congrats on your own domain!

32 Kristi January 7, 2009 at 1:13 pm

I had the same Kashi Bar yesterday! It was my fist time trying this flavor. What did you think of it??

33 Meghann January 7, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Kristi – I’ve had these bars before and I really like them :)

34 Cassidy January 7, 2009 at 5:04 pm

I always cook dinner for just me. If Im lazy I use a frozen meal.

35 HangryPants January 7, 2009 at 9:38 pm

I kind of prefer to cook just for me. Then I don’t get nervous about what people do or don’t like. Baking I like to do for others, but cooking, I guess I just need more kitchen confidence!

36 Rachel January 7, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Congrats on the domain!

I love to cook just for myself, but now I am used to cooking for two – myself and my fiance.