Late Lunch

by Meghann on January 6, 2009

I had a 1 hour meeting turn into a 2 hour meeting today, which meant I couldn’t leave for lunch until after 1:00! My stomach started growling very loudly through the end of the meeting. Its weird because on the weekends I can get away with late lunches, but when I’m at work it is just not an option.

It was also strange because I had a very hearty snack before the meeting.

DSCN1416

I had some Broccoli and Sabras Hummus. This was actually a great snack, very yummy.

Lunch was quick since I was so hungry by the time I got to eat.

DSCN1417

I had a bowl of left over 15 Bean Soup and a serving of Kashi Crackers.

I love how well soup freezes! This still tasted great and was so filling I could not finish the bowl.

Gossip Girl Spoiler: (If you haven’t watched the episode yet stop reading!)

Since I know I have so many Gossip Girl fans out there, I want to know what you all thought about last night’s episode?!?!?! Do you think Serena and Dan should stick together? I think they are taking the show to whole other realm of weird with that story line! And wasn’t it a little anti-climatic when they got back together? Atleast we got to see the good in Blair! 🙂

1 Amy January 6, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Sorry about the long-running meeting! At least you got to have a tasty snack beforehand…I love Sabra’s 🙂

Have a nice afternoon!

2 BBQ Peach January 6, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Oh Gossip Girl…is it wrong that I have an inexplicable love for Chuck Bass? And esp. Chuck & Blair!

3 Sharon January 6, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I need to watch GG now! LOL

4 VeggieGirl January 6, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Broccoli + hummus + bean soup = holy yum.

Gossip Girl last night = holy goodness.

5 VeggieGirl January 6, 2009 at 2:25 pm

P.S. – I think that Rufus, especially, needs to back off and let Dan & Serena be together!!

6 D January 6, 2009 at 2:31 pm

**spoiler alert
bah, i am so sick of serena and dan, the show is leaning slightly incestuous no? It’s probably obvious but I am all the way team chuck and blair! what was with the nod towards the uncle and blair, yikes!

7 Jenny January 6, 2009 at 2:38 pm

OMG dan and serena getting back together was SOOO anticlimatic! I decided that I’m not a fan of them individually, but together, they are okay, so they can stick. I am such a Blair fan, I think that she has a lot of good in her 🙂

8 Audrey January 6, 2009 at 2:45 pm

my roommates and i were just talking about this last night and all came to the conclusion that they CANNOT keep seeing each other once they know..i know theres no blood relation but just imagine if you and your boyfriend had the same brother.ew ew.hopefully this is just the shows way of splitting them up for good.

9 Meg January 6, 2009 at 2:59 pm

I am craving bean soup now!

10 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 6, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Soup is so much better with Kashi crackers. Sorry about the growling stomach – that can be embarrassing, but everyone else was probably just as hungry. 🙂

11 Shelby January 6, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Gossip Girl!!! AMAZING!

I love Serena and Dan together but Rufus needs to calm down. Get over it, it was so long ago! haha

I cried at the end with Chuck and Blair! It was so sweet when he came down and said he was sorry. =)

12 Maddy January 6, 2009 at 3:33 pm

ahh i loved GG last night! Little J was amazing and I’m so glad Serena and Dan got back together. I think they should just do what they want since their parents are all over the place withw wanting to be together or not. and of course, Chuck and Blair are beyond adorable.

ps- where the heck is nate!?

13 ksgoodeats January 6, 2009 at 3:41 pm

Ugh – I haaaaate meetings like that!! Soup is the best kind of meal ever 🙂

14 Natalie Rae January 6, 2009 at 3:46 pm

I just started watching Gossip Girl this session and I am hooked. Dan and Serena are better apart pining for one another then together IMO- they never grew on me as a couple. I LOVE Chuck Bass- all of the scences with him and Blair have been great and make me keep watching. Little J was more likeable this episode than most of the others.

15 Marissa January 6, 2009 at 4:05 pm

I totally understand not being able to have late lunches during the work week! I had my 10:30 meeting run until 1:30 today. Yay for broccoli!! 🙂

16 Missy (Missy Maintains) January 6, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Great idea to bring broccoli and hummus to snack on! I am just always scared someone will steal my hummus from the fridge!!

17 Kim January 6, 2009 at 4:26 pm

See, I loooove Lily and Rufus together, so I’m ready for Dan and Serena to end it if they must. Also, they’re beginning to be THAT couple — the one that breaks up and gets back together every other week, while their friends and family roll their eyes and pretend they still care 😉 But yes, the storyline is becoming sooo bizarre!! Suspension of disbelief, here we come!

18 Jill January 6, 2009 at 4:33 pm

I HATE when meetings run long! I always feel like I am the only person whose tummy is growling….I swear it is like my coworkers don’t get hungry!!

19 Nicole January 6, 2009 at 5:25 pm

Ahhhhh GOSSIP GIRL! I used to despise Dan and Serena together but I have to say I was happy that they reunited last night! I really didn’t like Serena’s new dude.

I LOVE CHUCK AND BLAIR. I was so touched last night :’) I am obsessed with GG.

20 Allie January 6, 2009 at 5:45 pm

That broc looks good….I am making homemade broc soup tonight! Long meetings suck!

21 Nikole January 6, 2009 at 6:54 pm

I love broccoli and sabra that was my snack today too. I especially love the spicy sabra.

Is it just me or did Little J have her hair colored half way through the episode. It bothered me that she had huge dark roots the first half and then no roots at the end. I love Chuck too!

22 elise January 6, 2009 at 7:35 pm

i am SO in love with windows live writer now. how did i ever live before this? i almost cracked up reading your blog, since our eats today and yesterday were, like, identical…and as for gossip girl, ugh. rufus and lily are driving me crazy. have you ever read the NY mag day after episode reviews, they are SO funny. they go through the realistic/unrealistic aspects of the ep (but ofcourse in witty clever dialogue)

elise

23 Taylor Leigh January 6, 2009 at 8:11 pm

GG last night was soo good! I read the books when I was in high school and the show has changed the plot completely from the books! But I think the best part is Chuck and Blair! Serena and Dan are pretty boring…. something is going to happen between them! Maybe when Serena finds out about her mother giving the baby away, Serena might break up with Dan???