Still Dragging

by Meghann on January 5, 2009

Must….. Stay….. Awake….

I have never had such a hard time getting motivated at work. I have plenty of stuff to do, but my brain is wired to exhaustion mode. I have definitely been dragging this morning. It’s as times such as these that I really wish I liked coffee I would be drinking buckets of it.

My snack was really no help in keeping me awake either.

DSCN1389

I had a big handful of Cherries.

Lunch was the other half of my Publix Sub from yesterday and some fresh broccoli.

DSCN1390

If you ever need something healthy to instantly fill you up, try fresh broccoli. It’s full of fiber and instantly fills your belly right up. I feel stuffed right now.

I know I complained about it yesterday, but my Mom’s camera is just not the best food blogging camera. It won’t  focus on close up shots of food, it gave me blurry distant shots at Caitlin’s wedding and it’s big and clunky and I just really, really, really miss my camera. 🙁

I don’t mean to complain, the whole situation is just leaving me very upset.

I hope to have my beloved camera returned to me in a couple of weeks, but until then I can not apologize enough for my lack luster photos. Hopefully I can talk someone else into letting me temporarily borrow their camera. Of course, with my luck with cameras in the past I understand how hesitant they are to hand theirs over.

Is anyone else as accident prone with cameras such as myself?

1 Marissa January 5, 2009 at 12:57 pm

I love broccoli! Sorry about your camera 🙁

2 Emily January 5, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Yes! My last two cameras have been retired b/c they got broken rather than they wore out. After the screen broke on the last one (courtesy of a chair leg, no less), I decided to look at it as a great opportunity to upgrade and get the latest model!
Happy new year to you : )

3 jenngirl January 5, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Yum I’m in total agreement about the broccoli, it’s like a miracle food. I just have to be careful to get actual food in so I eat enough, and then enjoy that green goodness! 🙂

I am SO sorry about your camera situation, I know I would be lost without mine too. I’ve had two cameras, and my first one just broke randomly in my purse one day. I still don’t know what really happened to it. Devasting.

Hope your day goes by fast!

4 CB January 5, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I love coffee and have had almost 4 cups…it is not helping either! Hang in there. I think once we get through this first day, we may start to feel normal again.

5 Rose January 5, 2009 at 1:09 pm

On New Years about three years ago, I dropped (and broke) two cameras within five minutes. I am still trying to live that one down (thankfully I payed off the credit card bill by this point).

6 Aimee January 5, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Don’t be so hard on yourself, your blog is still great! I’m crossing my fingers that your camera gets fixed soon. My camera is 3 and 1/2 years old, but it is getting to be time for a new one.

7 Amy January 5, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Aw I hope you feel more energized after your healthy lunch! Hmm…never noticed but you’re right, you don’t drink coffee! Haha 🙂

I personally think your photos look great. I wouldn’t even notice if you didnt tell us. Hopefully you get yours back soon! Good luck today.

8 sarahannmatheny January 5, 2009 at 1:16 pm

I broke my husband’s camera, which was his fourth greatest love (behind me and the girls). I was taking a picture of he and the kids outside, when a bee landed on my hand and started to sting me. Much to his horror, I literally threw the camera on the ground. I don’t have to tell you the damage that did! He’s forgiven me, luckily.

You know…you could always try a cup of coffee…maybe half caf?

9 Meg January 5, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Sorry about the whole camera situation! Hope the day goes fast for you!

10 ksgoodeats January 5, 2009 at 1:22 pm

YES! I am SO accident prone with cameras!! I’ve never (knock on wood) broken a cell phone, ipod, computer, etc. but phones I go through like kleenex! I have broken every single one and in fact my new one from Christmas was dropped on NYE. Luckily it’s fine but you can be sure my heart dropped when it happened!

Hope you get your camera troubles fixed 🙁

11 Sharon January 5, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Hang in there at work! And sorry about the camera situation!

12 Olga January 5, 2009 at 1:41 pm

I’m so bad with technology, it’s a miracle my camera STILL works…
I have a big phone because I couldn’t handle having one of those slim nice ones…I drop it every 5 minutes…I dropped my camera on Halloween and now it takes like 2 hrs to turn on…I drop my IPod all the time and I EVEN dropped my new Mac a couple of weeks ago…I shouldn’t be allowed to have nice things!

I hope you get your camera fixed soon though!

13 Krista January 5, 2009 at 1:42 pm

I hear ya on the work front! I am SO busy today with deadlines and such, but I can’t seem to get my groove going!

Happy rest of the hopefully fast day!

14 VeggieGirl January 5, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Hang in there, girl!!!

15 Daisy Melo January 5, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Hey. This is my first time commenting but I have been reading your blog for a while. I love it! I also love how you and Caitlin are such good friends because of the blogs. I was wondering how you eat healthy living alone and keep the variety? My new years resolution is to do just that but I spent too much money at the grocery store this week. Help a sista out. thanks!

Daisy

16 Missy (MISSY MAINTAINS) January 5, 2009 at 2:05 pm

I understand about the camera. I put mine in the same bag as a beer and it exploded everywhere! Not fun!

17 Julie January 5, 2009 at 2:05 pm

I’m sorry about your camera, but I must say, I don’t think your pictures look bad at all! I’m new to photography, but I think they look just great! No worries here…just keep up the good work!

18 Erin January 5, 2009 at 2:25 pm

1. I think your pictures look gorgeous. Serious!
2. I really read your blog for the text, though.
3. I totally lost my camera last week. 😉 Had to buy another one. Oops.
4. It’sokay princess!

19 Quinn January 5, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Feel free to complain, but compared to what i had yours could win National Geographic level photography awards. Seriously.

And YES this day is dragging! How is it not even 3:00 yet??? How!?!?!

20 Shelby January 5, 2009 at 2:34 pm

My last camera was destroyed! I dropped it all the time! My new one I’m trying to keep in good condition but I still notice stratches here and there.

21 carolinebee January 5, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Sometimes cameras just suck anyways, my last one started freezing and going all crazy and I took such good care of it! hmm my cell phone on the other hand, too many drunken drops…Your pics looks great still 😀

22 rhodeygirltests January 5, 2009 at 2:42 pm

i am.

i broke 3 cameras in the last 4 years, and i still don’t know why.

23 Allie January 5, 2009 at 3:28 pm

I have dropped one in a toilet…my friend also dropped mine(a different one) and it broke. I have learned the value of a good warranty!

You did a wonderful job documenting See Bride Runs wedding on your blog and on hers. Great Job! It was fun to read about and I loved the pictures.

24 Hangry Pants January 5, 2009 at 3:55 pm

I am sorry you are so tired and about the camera situation. I never broke a camera, but I did drop a cell phone in the pedicure water once.

25 Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) January 5, 2009 at 6:23 pm

I’m impressed…for being unmotivated you are still managing to keep posting on not one, but TWO blogs. Thanks again for posting all the wedding recaps!

I’m so sorry about the camera. Mine is a bit of a clunker too.