Normal is overrated

by Meghann on January 5, 2009

I have had way too much fun the past couple of weeks! Normal life just seems so boring now, do I really  have to work 40 hours this week?!?! πŸ™

I guess I will have get back into my normal routine eventually, but this morning I just was not having it. I literally cringed when my alarm when off at 5:45. Instead of jumping for excitement to go running I had to peal myself out of bed and drag Abbie outside, who has been sleeping even since I brought her home, in fact she was asleep when I left her to go to work!

Instead of running, I decided to do something peaceful to work myself back into the routine of life. I did the Strength Training Yoga video on YogaToday.com I really enjoyed the work out and felt it really stretching and strengthing my muscles. I got that relaxed tingly feeling when I was done as if I had just been given a massage. I love it when yoga leaves me with that feeling.

Breakfast was actually back to the normal routine.

DSCN1385

I had 1 cup of Peanut Butter Puffins, the remainder of my bag of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Pom Seeds, Grapes and 2 Pear Halves.

My Cousin has been a fan of my blog and called me yesterday to ask me if I could eat only one cereal for a week what would it be. She was wanting to try a healthy cereal and needed my opinion on what to buy. I told her I would go with Kashi Heart 2 Heart because it’s a well rounded yummy cereal. What would you choose?

I guess I should go deal with the pile of work on my desk. Happy Monday Everyone!

1 sweetandnatural January 5, 2009 at 8:26 am

Totally with you on not wanting to go back to work today! I’m procrastinating on my computer at home right now instead of packing my lunch and getting dressed. Hopefully we’ll fall back into the swing of things soon!

2 Amy January 5, 2009 at 8:38 am

Good luck with work today! It’s never fun to go back after a wild, fun break like you’ve had, so I don’t blame ya :\ At least you got in some good yoga! I tried to download the video but my flash player is being weird. Thanks for the link though!

Cereal question: Does granola count? If so, 365’s Oats and Honey Granola…if not, then Kashi’s Vive!

3 Shelby January 5, 2009 at 8:43 am

Yummy cereal! I love PB Puffins. If I had to choose though it would probably be regular Puffins. I love how they are just sweet enough.

But then again, I probably would eat Puffins all day, everyday if I could. =)

4 VeggieGirl January 5, 2009 at 8:44 am

Loove yoga.

PB PUFFINS & CINNAMON PUFFINS MIXTURE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!

5 hopiek January 5, 2009 at 8:47 am

way to get your day started well πŸ™‚ it’s totally tough to start up again on monday!

cereal: I’m all over Kashi Go Lean!

6 Rose January 5, 2009 at 8:48 am

Ughhhhhhhhh. Can we leave the office yet? Too bad I just got here!

My vote is Kashi Go Lean – I love that cereal!

7 Sammie January 5, 2009 at 9:08 am

I would have to choose Cinnamon Puffins – my bowl just would not be the same if those little crunchy pillows were not present. I hope you have a great day and are able to get back to the usual routine easily.

8 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 5, 2009 at 9:11 am

boo for going back to “normal” life, I know how you feel! πŸ™ Hopefully today and this week will fly by!

Caitlin’s wedding looked gorgeous, I bet it was amazing to be there! Thanks for doing such a great recap!

9 fitforfree January 5, 2009 at 9:15 am

Hang in there — the first day back is always the worst!

I think mine would be cinnamon puffins — they’re not overly sweet and SO good in yogurt!!

10 Julz January 5, 2009 at 9:19 am

DON’T LAUGH. Generic Fiber One πŸ™‚ SERIOuSLY! I looove it and the generic version (my grocery store’s) is 10 kcals less than fiber one, and cheaper… plus it helps keep me straight, you know?

11 Tina January 5, 2009 at 9:21 am

PB Puffins!!! I really easily eat a box in a day… I have to put them in the way back of the cupboard so I forget about them!

12 Quinn January 5, 2009 at 9:24 am

PB Puffins or Kashi GoLean Crunch. I love the crunch and flavor in both!

13 Amanda January 5, 2009 at 9:24 am

Quaker Oat Squares for me! Good luck getting back πŸ™‚

14 ksgoodeats January 5, 2009 at 10:01 am

GOOD LUCK GIRL!!

Cereal: Kashi crunch – so yum!

15 Meg January 5, 2009 at 10:12 am

Happy Monday! I really need to do some yoga. Seems everyone is doing a lot of it lately!

16 lauren January 5, 2009 at 10:15 am

grape nuts or regular puffins!

17 Justy2003 January 5, 2009 at 10:23 am

Hope you get back into your routine quickly! I start school again next week and I’m gonna miss my leisurely mornings πŸ™ Back to running in the dark for me!

I think I’d hafta pick Quaker Oatmeal Squares (or the Barbara’s brand…they’re the same to me!) if I had to choose only one cereal. They’re so yummy! πŸ™‚

18 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 5, 2009 at 10:26 am

I don’t know if I could choose just one cereal. My current favs. are TJ’s High Fiber twigs and cinnamon Puffins…hmmm, I think I’d go with the TJ’s. So filling. Have a good week Meghann…back to the real world for me as well. πŸ™‚

19 Meghan January 5, 2009 at 10:42 am

Ahh happpy monday…have a good day at work! I think i would choose kashi Golean:)

20 Julie January 5, 2009 at 10:51 am

Hi there – you have had a nice long break, so I can imagine it would be hard to go back! I was also dreading it – I don’t have a lot of work to do at work (winter is slow for construction!), so that makes it tougher….anyway….favorite cereal would have to be honey-nut cheerios, though I almost never eat it – it doesn’t fill me up enough so I stick with oatmeal usually. hang in there!!

21 bobbi January 5, 2009 at 10:55 am

I am with you in the having to go back to normal thing, I need one more week!!!! Maybe a lifetime;) I like to mix my cereals so I think your choice is great mixed in with some fruit and granola:)

22 Kelly January 5, 2009 at 11:03 am

I agree…this is going to be a long 40 hour week!

as for cereal – Kashi go lean crunch with flaxseed is my favorite!

23 Nicole January 5, 2009 at 11:29 am

I would choose Kashi Go Lean or Fiber One! I love them! My third favorite is cinnamon puffins, but I usually eat them dry as a snack instead of breakfast πŸ™‚

24 sarahannmatheny January 5, 2009 at 11:33 am

Ya know, as much as I love the Puffins, I agree they are too sweet for a daily meal dose. I would choose either Kashi Go Lean or Quaker Oat Squares, the cinnamon flavor.

Have a good Monday!

25 elise January 5, 2009 at 11:33 am

oooo…kashi for sure, but how to narrow it down. prob kashi go lean crunch. thats a great one.

so, i just discovered your blog…and i love it! cant wait to read on πŸ™‚

i can DEF relate to living such an active lifestyle in my youth, and being shocked into reality once starting work and realizing you actually have to move to continue to eat whatever you want. great story!

26 Andrea [bella eats] January 5, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Kashi H2H would definitely be my choice too!!! Although I haven’t tried the two boxes of TJ’s cereal I’ve got in my pantry yet, and I hear they are pretty tasty.

27 Marissa January 5, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I feel you on the 5:45 alarm going off this morning.

28 Danielle January 5, 2009 at 12:27 pm

PB puffins hands down. I love that stuff!

29 Ryan January 5, 2009 at 12:48 pm

I just tried Total Cinnamon Crunch this morning and I really like those! Puffins are amazing too!

30 Ryan January 5, 2009 at 12:48 pm

31 Sara January 5, 2009 at 12:55 pm

I’m so with you on getting back to boring 40 hour work weeks. BLAH! My favorite healthy cereal would be any Kashi one…they are delicious!

32 Missy (MISSY MAINTAINS) January 5, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Cinnamon Puffins! Yum! Yeah being back at work is no fun πŸ™

33 uptowngirl2857 January 5, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Any of the Kashi Go Lean cereal I adore!