more ยป" />

Exhausted

by Meghann on January 4, 2009

It’s so strange to go from such a great high yesterday with Caitlin’s wedding to such a low today.

I managed to sleep in this morning until 9:00am which is so unlike me. Even though I had plenty of sleep, I still woke up completely exhausted. Then I had problems uploading my blog entries and that mixed with anger at my Mom’s camera not being up to my high standards has just put me in such an unpleasant mood. I apologize in advance if this entry is not up to my normal perky standards, I am in desperate need of sleep ASAP!

I did make a great breakfast this morning, however I was so angry with my blog at the moment I could not enjoy it. I hate it when bad moods get in the way of good food.

DSCN1351.JPG

I had two slice of Whole Wheat French Toast, topped with Blackberries and Syrup.

Abbie has been staying at my parents the past week since i have been uber busy with New Years and wedding stuff. I was so excited to be able to go pick her up today!

When I got to my parents all I wanted was a Publix Sub and some soup. My family had already ate lunch, but my Dad was nice enough to drive me to Publix to pick up a veggie packed sub.

DSCN1358.JPG

I got a whole Veggie Sub on Wheat. Inside is Swiss Cheese, Jalepenos, Banana Peppers, Tomato, Onion, and Lettuce. I ate half and am saving the rest for tomorrow. I also had a mug of V8 Butternut Squash Soup.

My Sis had make some Chocolate Chip cookies the night before so I treated myself to one that was staring at me on the cake stand.

DSCN1362.JPG

My Parents gave each other a Kayak for Christmas. I have been seeing the photos pop up on Facebook of my other family members enjoying the Kayak, but today was the first time I got to experiment with the new toy.

We took it out to the Indian River, it was so quiet and peaceful. It would be a great place to go and think.

After kayaking we came back for a great dinner. My Dad decided to be a little creative with the Salmon for dinner.

DSCN1370.JPG

He usually cooks the Salmon in lots of butter and heavy whipping cream. It always tastes wonderful, but its not the best for the waist line. I have been getting on him for healthier versions to the salmon and he’s always willing to humor me with different cooking methods.

Tonight we baked the salmon in the over in a foil pouch. On the salmon we had fresh oregano, garlic, onion, lemon and carrot. It came out wonderfully light and refreshing.

DSCN1374.JPG

As I was complaining about above, my mom’s camera does not take the best photos, so I apologize for the poor quality. On the side of the salmon I had a small baked potato and steamed green beans.

When I got home I had a handful of cherries to tame my sweet tooth.

DSCN1382.JPG

Now it’s FINALLY time for me to go to bed! I have to go back to the real world tomorrow… BOOOO…..

1 VeggieGirl January 4, 2009 at 9:07 pm

SUCH a wonderful weekend for ya!!

Ahh, good luck with your upcoming week!!

2 Amandamoo January 4, 2009 at 9:27 pm

I’m back to the real world tomorrow too! Boo! We can make it through!

3 Marissa January 4, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Boo real world. I go back tomorrow after a 2 week vacation.

4 bobbi January 4, 2009 at 9:28 pm

BOOOO for being an adult! lol

5 Amy January 4, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Sorry for your exhaustion and blogging upload issues! Hopefully tomorrow goes smoothly for you!! Seems like you’ve had a great New Year’s plus a fabulous time at the wedding, so I hope you enjoyed youre time off!

Yay for abbie coming home ๐Ÿ˜€

6 Shelby January 4, 2009 at 9:37 pm

I’m sorry about the exhaustion, that doesn’t sound like fun. I know I will be getting the same way once school starts up again (tomorrow!) eek!

Wow, I love how the blackberries look with the french toast. They look so juicy =)

7 Meg January 4, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Lots of yummy food today! Hope you feel better tomorrow.

8 carolinebee January 4, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Your pics look great and I read your great recap post after all your hard work! PS i Looove your fake (i think??) nails! ha i’ve had them on so many diff times and they are the best thing eva.

9 Hangry Pants January 4, 2009 at 10:20 pm

I am sorry about having a rough day. If it helps your pictures like great despite you not liking the camera. Good luck at work and in the real world tomorrow. I am sure you’ll feel tons better once Monday is over.

10 Amanda January 4, 2009 at 10:36 pm

All of your eats/pics look great today! It’s always a good feeling when you can affect your family members in a healthy way ๐Ÿ™‚

I hear ya about the work week ahead. After all of the shortened weeks and fun holiday events, 5 days of work seems impossible. Hey, the weekend will be here before we know it! Keep your head up, girl!

11 Sharon January 4, 2009 at 10:43 pm

Hope you catch up on sleep, and great eats !

12 Amandamoo January 4, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Random question: I’m training for the half marathon in April and have never carried water with me before… I’m going to need to start in a couple of weeks and I don’t know what kind of bottle/belt/whatever to buy! Do you have any suggestions? Do you use a belt or a camelbak or anything on your long runs?

Thanks in advance, you are so fab!

13 Meghann January 5, 2009 at 8:24 am

Hey Amanda! I find it easy jsut to carry a waterbottle in my hands, any kind will work. Just make sure its small and light enough that your hand won’t hurt from carrying it. I had asked for a lightweight Camelback for christmas, but did not recieve it. If I had the extra $$ I would invest in one of those. I try to stay away from teh water belts, jsut becuase I feel they throw my weight off, but to each their own. ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Andrea of Care to Eat January 4, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Your parents kayak? So cool! I bet my Mom doesn’t even know what one is. I’ve done it a couple of times and I agree that it’s very peaceful. I’m already ready for summer to get here to do it again.

15 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 4, 2009 at 11:35 pm

Meghann, sorry you had a rough day. At least you got Abbie back and some time in with the fam! Your fruit continues to amaze me…those blackberries…man, they look good!

16 sarahannmatheny January 5, 2009 at 1:30 am

Hope you get a good night’s sleep. You don’t have to be “perky” all the time…we’ll take you how ever you are!

17 Erica January 5, 2009 at 6:13 am

I am sooo bummed that its Monday too ๐Ÿ™ Glad you had some kayaking fun yesterday- great arm workout!!

18 Kimberly January 5, 2009 at 7:05 am

Aw, sorry about your exhaustion/lack of perk. Hopefully you got some rest last night!

And YUM! I loooove Publix veggie subs — their seedy/multigrain bread is awesome.

19 Elina January 5, 2009 at 8:35 am

Hope you got a good night of sleep and are feeling better! Don’t worry about less than perfect pics for a few weeks – we’ll stick around ๐Ÿ˜€ Plus, your food still looks delicious! The french toast, especially… yum!

20 Erin January 5, 2009 at 10:57 am

I hear you! Having a blast and then just chillin out is totally weird!
How fun is kayaking though, right? I love those kind of sports and nontraditional workouts.
The berries! I’m so jealous! THey look delicious!

21 Andrea [bella eats] January 5, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Yay for kayaking and Publix subs!!!

I’m sorry you had such a bummer of a day…I hope your work week has started off a little better!