Final Countdown

by Meghann on January 3, 2009

First of all, my free trial of Ecto expired and I am a little iffy on purchasing the software. For all the bloggers out there on Macs… what software do you use for blogging? I’m looking for something similar to Windows Live Writer. I just want to explore my options. Thanks.

So anyways back to my big day… errr… Caitlin’s Big day. I was so excited going to bed last night I had butterflies in my stomach! I can’t even imagine being the bride the night before!Β

I woke up on my own this morning at 7:00 am and headed downtown for an early run around Lake Eola. It was a beautiful morning and the run was just what I needed to calm me down. I felt great during the run and picked up my speed half way through just to burn off that much more energy. I ended up running 5.49 miles in 50:34.Β

After my run I went to the downtown Panera and had a Whole Grain Bagel with Reduced Fat Hazelnut Cream Cheese.

dscn1174

Caitlin and her bridal party were prepping and primping at a downtown hotel so I stopped in to say Hi! All the girls looked gorgeous getting their done and they all seemed so relaxed. Maybe it was all the Mimosas flowing through the room? πŸ™‚

I had 2 yummy Mimosas as I sat and chatted.

dscn1177

The hair people told Caitlin she was one of the calmest brides they have worked with. She really did seem at ease and was just soaking the day in. You should all be happy to know that her appetite was well in tact and she was eating plenty of veggies, fruit, cheese, chips and salsa. πŸ™‚

dscn1179

I left before they started on her hair, so I will be just as surprised as everyone else when she walks down the aisle.

When I returned to my apartment I was ready for lunch.

dscn1181

I had another one of the Quick Indian Meals I picked up before Christmas.

dscn1180

The Spinach Dal was good, but I think I preferred the other one I tried better. I had a Flat Out wrap on the side for dipping.

dscn1186

I also had a nice bowl of fresh fruit on the side since I had missed out on having any for breakfast.

dscn1185

I’m not going to lie, one of the mini perks of living in Florida is out fresh fruit seasons tend to start earlier then everyone else. The Mango, Blackberries, Blueberries and Grapes you see above were all on sale for a great price this week at Publix. πŸ™‚

Now it’s time to get ready! Only a couple of more hours until I get to watch Caitlin and Kristien say I Do!

1 Erica January 3, 2009 at 1:40 pm

What a great day you are having so far! Great run, good food! Again, have so much fun at the wedding

2 hk January 3, 2009 at 1:40 pm

wohoo!! so excited for the run-down πŸ™‚ glad you got in a nice run and a peek at the bride- have fun!!!

3 gina (fitnessista) January 3, 2009 at 1:46 pm

sounds like an amazing day so far! i’m going down to orlando the weekend of the 23rd with my friend megan. maybe we could go for a run??
that indian dish looks tasty wasty πŸ˜€
have so much fun at the wedding!

4 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) January 3, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Awww totally bringing me back to my wedding day! I think I was the same way as Caitlin. When I was getting my hair done no one could believe I was getting married in a few hours!! Totally just soaked up the wonderfulness of the day. So excited for Caitlin!!!

5 Sammie January 3, 2009 at 2:05 pm

I hope you have a great time. Give the bride & groom a big hug from a fellow blog buddy. I can’t wait to see how beautiful Caitlin looks. Please take lots of pictures.

6 Lora January 3, 2009 at 2:12 pm

it looks like so much fun! I wish I were in FL because it is about 30 degrees here in Chi town πŸ™ weddings always make me happy! have fun and go wild at the reception! πŸ™‚

7 Amy January 3, 2009 at 2:29 pm

How exciting! You are the best little bloggy friend, documenting all of the action for Caitlin.

Great run (as usual) and fabulous Panera breakfast. Their cream cheese is really good πŸ˜€ I hope you have so much fun at the wedding! Obviously I can’t wait for the recap. Lots of pictures I hope!

Congrats to the bride and groom…Yayy !

8 Tina January 3, 2009 at 2:33 pm

I ended up purchasing Ecto when my free trial ran out. I never tried Windows Live Writer, but I think Ecto is pretty awesome– it’s worked great for me so far! I think it was $17.95, but it has been totally worth it!

Have fun at the wedding!!!!!!!!!!! Give Caitlin a glass of champagne for me! πŸ™‚

9 Marissa January 3, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Have fun at the wedding!

10 Sharon January 3, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Have a fun time!!

And love the bagel! I want one now!

11 VeggieGirl January 3, 2009 at 3:07 pm

SO FREAKING EXCITING!!!!!!! So happy that you can be there to share this special occasion with Caitlin πŸ™‚

Have fun later!!

12 inmytummy January 3, 2009 at 3:09 pm

I’ve played with Ecto but don’t really like it. I’ve always had a Mac so I’m not familiar with Window’s Live Writer. I just use Wordpress.

Have a great time at the wedding.

13 Shelby January 3, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Have Fun Later!!!

mmm, fresh fruit =P

14 bobbi January 3, 2009 at 4:47 pm

mmm mimosas! love all the fruit, have fun!

15 sarahannmatheny January 3, 2009 at 5:34 pm

That was so sweet of you to stop by and wish Caitlin well. I’m sure the wedding will be gorgeous…thank you for sharing it with us!

16 Maggie January 3, 2009 at 5:43 pm

You could try Qumana for the Mac – it’s free, so if you don’t like it nothing’s wasted πŸ˜€

17 Dori January 3, 2009 at 6:53 pm

I use MarsEdit on my Mac. And that cream cheese sounds great!

18 Meg January 3, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Lovely eats! Enjoy the wedding! I can’t wait to hear all about it!

19 biz319 January 3, 2009 at 7:49 pm

So glad you were able to see her before!

Good sign that she was calm!

Um, hate to say it, but I’ve been a bridesmaid 13 times and quite a few of them were a bit too nervous about whether or not they were making a good decision!

Have fun!!!

20 ksgoodeats January 3, 2009 at 8:37 pm

Hope you all are having a BLAST right now!

21 eatingbender January 3, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Thanks for giving us the inside scoop! I can’t wait to hear even more about the wedding!

I love Panera bagels πŸ™‚ And as far as software goes, I tried ecto but was not too fond of it, so right now I’m just using Wordpress. Now I’m going to look at the MarsEdit that Dori was talking about…

Hope you’re having fun!

22 Heather Eats Almond Butter January 4, 2009 at 1:03 am

You are a sweet and supportive friend on Caitlin’s big day. Can’t wait to get all the details tomorrow!

Ugh, still jealous of all the fresh fruits. Eat lots for the rest of us. πŸ™‚

23 Lora January 4, 2009 at 2:23 am

oh i forgot…try bloggo for your blogging on a mac…its 25 bucks but htey give u a free 21 day trial!

24 Hangry Pants January 4, 2009 at 7:47 am

I have a mac and I don’t use anything to blog, thus every post takes FOREVER! I want to try out the trial of ecto. I am hoping they come up with something like Live Writer, ya know!

25 Leah January 4, 2009 at 8:41 am

Can’t wait to read your recap of the wedding!! Hope you had fun! πŸ™‚

26 Erin January 4, 2009 at 10:14 am

What a nice perk of living in FL! Your run sounds really nice and peaceful. πŸ™‚ I hope you had a blast! I saw pictures on Jenna’s blog and it looked so fun!

27 Kristie January 4, 2009 at 10:34 am

Wow, that’s an awesome run!
I’m so excited to see the recap of the wedding! I hope it was SUPER, as I’m more than sure it was!