more ยป" />

It Was Nice Knowing You Headphones

by Meghann on December 31, 2008

I present you, the headphones of an avid runner…

CIMG5172.JPG

They are sweaty, discolored and now broken. :(

During my run this morning my headphones decided it was time to bite the dust. The headphones did have a good run, they lived a healthy 6 month life and kept me distracted during multiple races, vacations and at work. RIP Headphones! I actually received a Best Buy Gift Card for Christmas and was wondering what to buy with it, I guess I got my answer. ;)

Besides the silent portion of my run, it really wasn’t that bad. I drove to one of my favorite spots, Blue Jacket Park, and ran a couple of laps around Lake Baldwin. It was a beautiful crisp morning and the path was not over crowded as usual. I completed 6.89 miles and burned 647 calories, not bad for a New Years Eve work out.

When I returned I made a hearty breakfast for myself.

CIMG5174.JPG

I made a scrambled omelet with 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, mushrooms, garlic, broccoli and green onions.

CIMG5179.JPG

I had a piece of Toast topped with Pumpkin Butter

CIMG5178.JPG

And a handful of Grapes and Cherries.

CIMG5177.JPG

I can not believe today is the last day of 2008! It has been a great year. I plan to take it easy the rest of the day and then celebrate the start of the New Year tonight. Is anyone else doing anything fun tonight?

1 VeggieGirl December 31, 2008 at 10:45 am

R.I.P., headphones.

I’m taking it easy with the family tonight – especially since the weather is BEYOND horrid here today.

Happy New Year, Meghann!!!

2 Jill December 31, 2008 at 10:56 am

Your breakfast looks so good!
My roommate and I are actually hosting a party…I’m really excited! :) Have fun tonight!

3 sarah (ghost world) December 31, 2008 at 11:02 am

sad about the headphones! i got some cheap in-ear headphones at target (these — http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Mdr-E10Lp-Headphones-Fashion-Earbuds/dp/B000JUT2XC — in green to match my nano) and they’ve been great for the $10 i spent! they sound good and this way, i won’t be sad when my sweat ruins them :)

headed to miami for new years eve . . . although we’ll probably end up just staying in and toasting with champagne by the pool! at least i’ll enjoy some of your florida warmth!

4 Melissa December 31, 2008 at 11:10 am

Ooh, what kind of headphones are those??

Are they different than the headphones that come with an iPod?? I can never get those to stay in my ears :(

5 biz319 December 31, 2008 at 11:44 am

Sorry about the headphones, but at least you’ll know what to get at Best Buy!

Great run stats too!

Happy New Years!

6 Heather Eats Almond Butter December 31, 2008 at 12:14 pm

Sorry about the headphones. My earbuds are looking pretty nasty as well. Beautiful breakfast scramble. Happy New Year Meghann!

7 Sammie December 31, 2008 at 12:19 pm

No plans tonight – that’s what happens when you have a wee-one. Plus it is snowing like crazy so I don’t want to venture out in this crummy weather. Happy New Year!!! I hope you have a great night.

8 Sharon December 31, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Happy New Years eve! And sorry about the headphones!

9 Erica December 31, 2008 at 12:56 pm

That scramble looks soooo good! I think my headphones are on their way out too!

We’re going to dinner and then probably relaxing! Nothing too thrilling!

10 Lindsay December 31, 2008 at 1:09 pm

that stinks about your headphones – the ironic thing is i have similiar ones in pink and i just bought new ones, b/c mine were slowly dying, from target yesterday w/ a gift card i got at christmas! weird!

11 sarahannmatheny December 31, 2008 at 1:24 pm

That breakfast looks awesome…might even convince me to skip oats one of these days!

Low key night planned…maybe American Teen per your recommendation!

12 ksgoodeats December 31, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Love the addition of the green onions!! Sorry about the headphones :(

NYE plans: Party at my friends lake house :D I’m excitedddd!! HAVE A GREAT NIGHT MEGHANN!!

13 Lauren December 31, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Your omelet looks delicious!!

Happy New Year’s (eve)!

14 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) December 31, 2008 at 5:00 pm

I LOVE Lake Baldwin and Blue Jacket Park!!! Mine and Ross’ first kiss was at Blue Jacket Park one night a longgg time ago, we had an engagement photo shoot done there, have gone for many picnics, jogs, walks, and rollerblade sessions there – I love Blue Jacket Park!

Can you tell I got excited when I read that’s where you ran this am? :) Makes me miss Orlando! Happy New Year’s Eve!