American Teen… At least I was 4 years ago….

by Meghann on December 30, 2008

Last night I watch a great documentary film called American Teen. The movie follows 5 high school students over the course of their senior year. If you loved Laguna Beach or The Hills then go rent this movie. The movie is actually better then those shows due to the fact it takes place in middle America and not in an upper scale beach community. πŸ™‚

Plus the Mitch guy in the movie is pretty hot, I’m just going to ignore the fact that he is still a high schooler in the documentary….lol.. jail bait is wrong on so many levels.

While watching the movie last night, I decided to dedicated this morning, Boot Camp Morning. I did my Tennis Camp Boot Camp after my regular 20 minute warm up run.

I wore my garmin during the warm up and boot camp and was surprised to see my max heart rate was only 181 during the boot camp. Maybe I just have a naturally low heart rate? I need to hop on a treadmill and give it all I got at level 9 or so to see where my heart rate truly maxes out at. The garmin also told me during the total work out I ran 2.58 miles. πŸ™‚

Yesterday I received a wonderful belated Christmas package from Sammie.

CIMG5083

She sent me some Peanut Butter Puffins the whole blog world has been raving about and some organic dog treats for Abbie.

I felt so honored that Little D even had a hand in signing the card and drew me a pretty picture.

CIMG5085

His artwork is now hanging in my cubicle. πŸ™‚

Of course I was very excited to try the Puffins in my breakfast this morning.

CIMG5122

I had 3/4 cup of Peanut Butter Puffins, the last of my bag of Kashi Honey Sunshine, a canned pear, Blackberries and Blueberries in my cereal bowl this morning.

CIMG5124

OMG! I can see what all of the fuss is about! These little puffins are A-MA-ZING! Thank you so much to Sammie and D for my wonderful gift. They are just as great as you always rave about on your blog!!

Thankfully today I only have to work a couple of more hours until I am out of here!! Caitlin has a bridal shower in Lakeland I will be attending at 3:00 which should  be tons of fun! I’m really liking there 1 and a half day work weeks, can we make this a permanent thing?!?! πŸ˜‰

1 Jenny December 30, 2008 at 9:14 am

My friend has been BEGGING me to watch American Teen with her! I think we’re watching it tonight, good to know it’s pretty good! πŸ™‚

181 is no HR to be ashamed of, haha that’s up there to me!

Good luck at work, keep thinking positive thoughts πŸ˜‰

2 Erica December 30, 2008 at 9:18 am

SOOOO jealous of your short work day!

I love laguna/the hills- I will have to look for American teen.

Puffins are the best- what a fun gift from Sammie.

3 Cassidy December 30, 2008 at 9:20 am

Ive heard about that movie. I wanted to watch it because they were seniors the same year I was. Im glad to hear its good.

4 ksgoodeats December 30, 2008 at 9:34 am

Aw how sweet!! That’s a great gift from Sammie!

I’m such a sucker for documentaries I may have to track this one down!

5 Meghan December 30, 2008 at 9:52 am

ah I need to try out those peanut butter puffins!! 181 is really high for me to….I very rarely get up that high!!

6 VeggieGirl December 30, 2008 at 10:13 am

PB PUFFINS!!!!!!!! MY OBSESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Quinn December 30, 2008 at 10:32 am

LOVE PB Puffins! Such a great snack! Have so much fun at the shower and enjoy your short week!

8 eatingbender December 30, 2008 at 11:27 am

I hadn’t heard of American Teen – I’ll have to check it out because I used to love Laguna Beach in high school πŸ™‚

Nice package from Sammie! I’ve only tried the Cinnamon and Plain Puffins so I need to get on that.

Have fun at the shower! I wish all work weeks and school weeks were 1.5 days, haha.

9 Amy December 30, 2008 at 11:30 am

Never heard of the movie but it sounds good! I used to be obsessed with quoting Laguna back when I was in high school (embarassing) but never got into The Hills.

Enjoy your short day of work & congrats on a good workout. Glad you enjoyed the PB puffins—they are the best “snacking” cereal, as well πŸ™‚ I love them. Yay, how sweet of Sammie.

10 Melissa S. December 30, 2008 at 11:45 am

i heard about that movie…must try to find.

and LOVE pb puffins….sooo good! and addictive!

11 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) December 30, 2008 at 11:50 am

Have fun at Caitlin’s shower! Too bad I’m in Sarasota, y’all could have stopped by Winter Haven! πŸ™‚

Oh, and I’m just going to comment once, but I loved what you wrote about blogging 101 and the photos. I think I agreed with every thing you said!

12 lauren December 30, 2008 at 11:50 am

ohh – i need to rent that movie! and I need to try the PB puffins – I love the regular ones.

13 Melissa December 30, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Oh, can’t to rent the movie, thanks for the recommendation!

14 Lindsay December 30, 2008 at 12:07 pm

what what a great gift – a homemade card from D & lots of yummy treats!

have fun at caitlin’s shower today πŸ™‚

15 Sammie December 30, 2008 at 12:12 pm

I am so glad that you like the Puffins. D thinks it is cool that his artwork made it onto your blog. Does Abby like the treats? My dog Otto, loves anything with PB. Those happen to be one of his favorites. Have fun at the shower.

16 Rachel December 30, 2008 at 12:54 pm

Thanks for the movie tip! And I love when I can see the sun shining on your breakfast pictures… looks so lovely and inviting. If only it’d come out in my neck of the woods!

17 Steph December 30, 2008 at 3:07 pm

181 is about 90% of your max heart rate…you should honestly NEVER go higher than that and really should only stay there for short spurts of anaerobic periods.

-a trainer

18 Elina December 30, 2008 at 3:23 pm

I love pb puffins! Have fun at the bridal shower!

19 Heather Eats Almond Butter December 30, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Yum – love the Puffins! I know everyone raves about PB, but cinnamon is my favorite.