Back to the Grind… sort of

by Meghann on December 29, 2008

Blah, I sooo did not want to come to work this morning. It still feels like I should be on vacation, especially since I still have so many fun excursions ahead of me. At least I only have to work one full day today and half a day tomorrow. It’s still painful to be here though, when I know so many of my family and friends are still enjoying their winter break. Sigh….

With thoughts of vacation still in my head, I really lacked the motivation to get up this morning and took my time getting ready. I ended up leaving for my morning run much later then usual, but was not bothered as I felt no rush to get to work. I did my favorite neighborhood loop and felt a lot better then my torturous run yesterday. It’s amazing how a 10 – 15 degree difference in temp and lack of sun can have on your run.

Stats:

Distance: 5.0 Miles

Duration: 54:27

Calories Burned: 498

As you might have guessed I was very, very, very excited to have cereal for breakfast this morning. I had way to many heavy breakfasts over the past week and it really felt great to start the morning off with something so light and refreshing.

CIMG5076

In my beautiful new bowl:

• 3/4 cup Kashi Vive
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • Pom Seeds
  • Blueberries
  • Blackberries

CIMG5077

Perfect!

Now I actually have work to do…. ughhh…. here’s crossing my fingers this day goes by fast, but the rest of the week is at snails pace so I can enjoy every second of it!

1 Megan December 29, 2008 at 9:16 am

i lo0o0ove your bowl!! fun plates make eating such a fun experience.

love the food that’s in the bowl too 🙂

2 Erica December 29, 2008 at 9:16 am

I am with you- work today is sooooo yucky. Thats awesome that you have more time off! I only have Thursday off 🙁 fingers crossed for a fast work day!

3 Amanda December 29, 2008 at 9:20 am

I hear you girls – I am just sitting in the office today wondering how my little break went by so quickly! Thankfully I have Thurs and Fri off, and I may see if I can swing working from home on Wed.

Hang in there! 🙂

4 Andrea [bella eats] December 29, 2008 at 9:27 am

Yes, my dad was very impressed with your blog too! I told him about mine a little while ago, but just shared the address with him on Friday. He said the whole family was enjoying catching up on both of ours! 🙂 It is a crazy household now…much busier than it was when I was growing up there! Its a bit overwhelming sometimes, but for the most part a lot of fun. Hopefully we’ll be back in Florida again this spring or summer and can meet up! By then my mileage will be much higher and it will be more enjoyable for both of us! 🙂

Hang in there at work today! I can’t believe I have to work on Friday…how ever will I get motivated after nearly 2 weeks off and knowing that the weekend is just the next day!

5 Bridget December 29, 2008 at 9:37 am

Hang in there today! It sounds like more fun is just around the corner 🙂
P.S. I’m just catching up on your posts since Christmas- the new Garmin is SOO exciting!!

6 Jillian December 29, 2008 at 9:39 am

Totally agree about work….getting up and going this morning was rough! Hopefully time flies by!

7 Megan December 29, 2008 at 9:41 am

I am so sorry that you had to go back to work today! Love the new bowl!

8 ksgoodeats December 29, 2008 at 10:02 am

Cute bowl, girl! I hope today flies by for ya!!

9 VeggieGirl December 29, 2008 at 10:12 am

Ahh, hang in there with work, girl!!

10 lauren December 29, 2008 at 10:32 am

i’m at work too! but at least it is a short week – i am only here two days until another 5 day weekend! 🙂

11 Melissa December 29, 2008 at 10:51 am

Great run despite the temperature drop. It was 60 here yesterday and 30 today! I am trying to gear up and go.

By the way jealous of the gorgeous berry brekie assortment.

12 Amy December 29, 2008 at 11:05 am

Aw man, sorry about the work day ahead of you! At least you got a fabulous run in first thing this morning and got to enjoy your beloved cereal. Good luck with today and just think how great it will be to leave early tomorrow!

Love your berries, btw !

13 Alexia December 29, 2008 at 11:15 am

You are lucky you only have to work 1 1/2 days. I have to work Friday 🙁

I love your new bowl! So fun!

Have a great day!

14 Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) December 29, 2008 at 11:18 am

Only a day and half of work. No worries…you’ll be on vacation again before you know it. Beautiful berrylicious bowl of cereal Meghann!

15 biz319 December 29, 2008 at 11:45 am

I’m with you – hope the day goes by fast!

Delish cereal though!

16 Melissa S. December 29, 2008 at 11:55 am

i hope your day goes by nice and fast!!!

17 Lindsay December 29, 2008 at 12:05 pm

aww hang in there at work today! i decided to take the week off b/c i knew it would be dead at work 🙂

18 rhodeygirl December 29, 2008 at 12:57 pm

LOVE YOUR CHRISTMAS PJS!

are they from target?!?!

19 Meghann December 29, 2008 at 1:57 pm

Rhodey – Yes they are! 🙂

20 Marissa December 29, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Going back to work is always hard. Hopefully your day goes by fast!!

21 Julie December 29, 2008 at 1:29 pm

While I’m upset to be back at work too, I am glad to be back to the normal routine! I was so glad to eat my yogurt/grapes/pom seeds/flax/oatmeal bowl this morning!! And, I can’t wait to get to Jazzercise tonight, which is not always the case! 🙂

Hang in there – almost more time off!!