more ยป" />

Wino For The Night

by Meghann on December 28, 2008

Well the good news is I was able to sleep in to almost 9:00am this morning, the bad news it it took a lot of wine for me to be able to accomplish this. ๐Ÿ™‚

Last night Caitlin, Michelle and I headed out to The Wine Room to celebrate Caitlin’s last weekend of ‘freedom‘ before all the wedding craziness begins.

CIMG5041.JPG

I had been dying to go to The WIne Room since I moved to Orlando back in August, but have never had the chance. I was very excited last night to be introduced to the bar. It really is a wine lover’s dream.

CIMG5002.JPG

When you first arrive you load up a card with a certain amount of money and then pay by ounce of wine.

CIMG5005.JPG

The wines can range anywhere from $1 for the nice cheap wines I was indulging in to $15 per ounce for wines I would never dream of trying.

CIMG5008.JPG

I enjoyed a plethora of wines throughout the evening.

CIMG5004.JPG CIMG5006.JPG CIMG5013.JPG CIMG5020.JPG CIMG5026.JPG CIMG5027.JPG CIMG5034.JPG CIMG5035.JPG CIMG5037.JPG CIMG5038.JPG CIMG5040.JPG

I stuck with the Reds through out the night and enjoyed the majority of them.

CIMG5012.JPG

Caitlin ordered a flight of Cheddar Cheeses to nibble on while we drank. The red wine went wonderfully with the sharpness of the cheddar.

CIMG5022.JPG

I ate a good 1/4 of the plate featured above.

CIMG5025.JPG

We had a great GIrls NIght Out. We drank, we ate, we talked with guys… it was wonderful.

I was very surprised this morning when I did manage to wake up that my head was not screaming at me. I think in total I had a little over 12 oz of wine last night which is roughly 3 or 4 glasses of regular portioned wine. When you look at it that way it doesn’t seen like I went overboard.

Caitlin and I decided to make breakfast right away, to give us plenty of fuel for our planned run.

Caitlin made some yummy Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

CIMG5043.JPG

and I had one of the great Tangerines I stole from my parent’s.

CIMG5045.JPG

With some Real Maple Syrup on the side for dipping, it was the perfect meal for soaking up the alcohol.

CIMG5042.JPG

Now hopefully Caitlin and I are going to get our run on. We bought some cute running skirts yesterday we’re dying to try out and of course I’m always looking for a chance to play with my new Garmin. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 caitlin December 28, 2008 at 10:55 am

yay you are next to me on the couch and i am commenting on your blog instead of just speaking directly to you.

LOL

2 Alexia December 28, 2008 at 11:07 am

The Wine Bar looks so fun! I have never heard of anything like that… how cool! Glad you guys had fun! You can never have enough “Girls Nights”!!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

3 VeggieGirl December 28, 2008 at 11:08 am

Fabulous Girls’ Night Out and Girls’ Morning In, with those pancakes ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a great run!!

4 sweetandnatural December 28, 2008 at 11:18 am

Fun night! I’m going to look for a place like that near me.

5 Amy December 28, 2008 at 11:36 am

Oh man I need to find a wine bar near me! That sounds so much more fun than a normal bar. It looks like you girls had a great time ๐Ÿ™‚ You both look gorgeous, as usual.

Love the pancakes! Enjoy your run in your new workout gear!

6 bobbi December 28, 2008 at 11:38 am

how fun, I wish they had a place like that out here I would be a regular!!!!

7 Andrea [bella eats] December 28, 2008 at 12:16 pm

Yay for The Wine Room! I’ve always wanted to go there but it never works out when we’re in town… I <3 Vino!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) December 28, 2008 at 12:30 pm

haha glad to see you guys bought some running skirts. ๐Ÿ™‚ Looks like y’all had a blast, and you look really cute in Caitlin’s dress!

9 sarahannmatheny December 28, 2008 at 12:46 pm

That’s so funny, about a week ago I saw a Samantha Brown special on the Wine Room and thought, “It’s time to plan a trip!”

Let us know how you like the running skirts…they might be fun to feel girly while getting sweaty!

10 Meghann December 28, 2008 at 12:50 pm

Sarah – that’s actually how I first heard of the Wine Bar. ๐Ÿ™‚ My friend Christie happened to be there the night they filmed it and if you watch for it, shes the red head operating the machine near the send of the segment :

11 Heather Eats Almond Butter December 28, 2008 at 12:54 pm

That’s so cool you can try wine by the ounce. I’ve never been to a wine bar like that. I would have to say that my favorite would have been all that chedda! Love me some good cheese ๐Ÿ™‚

Caitlin’s pancakes look so light and fluffy. Perfect pre-run fuel!

12 Justy2003 December 28, 2008 at 1:18 pm

That wine bar looks so cool! Wish they had something like that in Houston!
Is that dress Caitlin’s? It looks like one I remember her showing on her blog! It’s cute!

13 Meghann December 28, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Justy – Yes that’s Caitlin’s dress. We played dress up in Caitlin’s closet before we left and I ended up wearing her dress, shoes, jewelry and purse. That’s what girlfriends are for, right? ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Marissa December 28, 2008 at 2:35 pm

That’s really cool you can try wine by the ounce!

15 Sharon December 28, 2008 at 3:13 pm

Wow, that is such a neat looking place. I have never heard of it before! Glad you had an awesome time!

16 ksgoodeats December 28, 2008 at 3:47 pm

Everything looks amazing! Wine, cheese, bread, pancakes – love it all!!

17 Tina December 28, 2008 at 7:00 pm

Looks like SUCH a fun time! That place sounds like my heaven!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Biz December 28, 2008 at 8:54 pm

I love the dress you are wearing at the wine place – what a cool night!

Happy Sunday!

19 Melissa S. December 28, 2008 at 8:57 pm

what a fun time!!! sounds like you had some great talk, drink and eats! whoohoo!

20 HangryPants December 28, 2008 at 11:36 pm

Looks fun! I was wondering – what do you do for your arms? They’ve been looking good lately.

21 Meghann December 29, 2008 at 7:23 am

Thanks Heather ๐Ÿ™‚ THe only arm work outs I can think that I’ve been doing lately are the push ups in my boot camp routine. I’m glad to hear they’re paying off!