Almost Back to Normal

by Meghann on December 28, 2008

I’m back home in Orlando!

I’m a little sad the Christmas weekend has come to an end, but luckily this coming week is going to be just as exciting as the week before. Its going to be another very short week of work (yay!) and now we all have New Years Celebrating to look forward to!

In preparation of the skimpy, sparkley dress I plan to wear for New Years, Caitlin and I set out on a 5 mile run this morning.

As is tradition, when ever we feel we may have over done it the night before, we set out on a nice long run to clear our senses. However, this morning we did not set out our run until close to noon as the sun was hot and bright above us. Talk about a sweaty run! We came back drenched and drained. We definitely struggled for those 5 miles, but in the end were glad we completed them.

I think I’m starting to figure out how to work my stats in my Garmin. I just love all the information it gives me at the end of the run:

TIme: 48:52

Distance: 4.79 miles

Calories burned: 463

Avg Pace: 10:12

Avg Heart Rate: 119

Max Pace: 7:19

Max Heart Rate: 177

When we returned I munched on this big, juicy Granny Smith Apple.

CIMG5049.JPG

When I finally made it back to my apartment for lunch, I realized I had zero fresh fruit and vegetables. I found this microwaveable package of Punjab Eggplant that I had bought a couple of weeks ago and decided to give it a try.

CIMG5052.JPG

I heated the package up and had a Flat Out wrap on the side for dipping.

CIMG5056.JPG

It was a very yummy microwaveable meal, but very spicy. I drank two full glasses of unsweet iced tea with the meal.

After a little shopping and cleaning, I had a snack of cereal and grapes.

CIMG5058.JPG

I had 1 cup of Kashi Mighty Kid cereal with a handful of the refreshing grapes. I missed cereal and am very much looking forward to a great breakfast of it for tomorrow morning.

Dinner was a representative of the Ham, Pear & Squash Pasta dish I made a while ago.

CIMG5061.JPG

Only instead of acorn squash I used canned pumpkin. I also omitted the frozen veggie mix in favor of fresh broccoli & mushrooms.

CIMG5065.JPG

It was a very delicious filling meal that I have been craving the past couple of days. It felt so great to be able to cook for myself a simple healthy meal again full of fresh veggies. Yum.

It felt great today to not be tempted by sweets every time I opened the fridge. I am definitely not going to miss that from my parent’s house. Instead of the multiple sweets I’ve been indulging in the past couple of days, I had my usual one treat today for dessert.

CIMG5074.JPG

I had my healthy version of Blackberry Cobbler. I heated up some frozen blackberries until they were gooey then topped it with some Annie Bunny Grahams and Fat Free Cool Whip. It was perfect.

Ugh… I can’t believe I have to work tomorrow. At least I only have another day and a half work week before all the fun begins again. Is anyone else returning to work this week? Or are you spreading the holiday out for another week?

I hope everyone has a fabulous rest of the night and I will see you bright and early tomorrow morning!

1 glidingcalm December 28, 2008 at 8:40 pm

i have the trader joe’s punjab eggplant meal in my pantry that i am still waiting to try!! yes, they have been spicy…but i love me some indian food!!

awesome pasta dish!!

happy Monday Meg!

2 VeggieGirl December 28, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Welcome home!! πŸ™‚

Ooooh, Indian food!! I’l have to give that particular meal/product a try.

3 Bridget December 28, 2008 at 9:02 pm

Oooo I love that little blackberry cobbler idea! And I know your run was hot, but I’m still jealous of the weather…I ran in cold rainy weather yesterday…not so fun.

4 Jenny December 28, 2008 at 9:07 pm

It’s definitely nice to be back to somewhat of a routine, even if it’s only for a few days this week. LOVE frozen blackberries, that “cobbler” is a great idea!

5 Melissa S. December 28, 2008 at 9:13 pm

ohhh…i love the brand of indian foods..soooo good! glad you liked it!

interesting dinner dish!

and love the dessert…blackberries freak’n rock!

6 inmytummy December 28, 2008 at 9:26 pm

I have to work this week – 3 days. Hey, it’s better than 5, right? Although next week is going to seem so long. What are your plans for NYE?

7 Sharon December 28, 2008 at 9:33 pm

Wow, Indian food? YUM!

8 Oh She Glows December 28, 2008 at 9:45 pm

I know what you mean about feeling sad the week is over! There is always such a big lead up to Christmas it is hard not to feel a bit depressed when it is over. I am happy about the short work week too!

Great dish by the way (the star shaped one).

Angela

9 Sammie December 28, 2008 at 9:55 pm

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new toy. Can you even imagine running without it now? As always – yummy looking dinner.

10 Amy December 28, 2008 at 10:04 pm

I’m bummed to go back to work too. I have a 4 day work week though. πŸ™ We don’t get Friday off!

11 caitlin December 28, 2008 at 10:09 pm

hahahah it is becoming a tradition to run away our hangover. but today was the most rough ever.

12 Erin December 28, 2008 at 10:29 pm

I hope ya’ll aren’t dehydrated! :/ You guys are a kick in the panties. I love it.
I can’t wait to see your dress you sassy thing!

13 Andrea [bella eats] December 28, 2008 at 10:57 pm

I am excited to get away from sweets and back to normal eats too!!! I don’t have to work again until Friday…that will be a productive day, hehe! By the way, my dad was pleased that you featured his lights on your blog! πŸ™‚

14 Amy December 28, 2008 at 11:45 pm

Glad you made it back home safe and sound! Great run despite the difficult heat. You girls are always so inspiring!! πŸ˜€ All your meals look fab today and I bet you are happy to get back into the old routine again.

Good luck transitioning back to work tomorrow!

15 Elina December 29, 2008 at 8:48 am

I’m back at work (although I kind of worked on Friday too). Good thing we get Thursday off, right?
Still can’t believe you girls go out for a run after a night of drinking – that’s some serious motivation!

16 strongandhealthy December 29, 2008 at 8:56 am

Glad you had a great holiday! I’m off this week, yay!! Have a great Monday!