more ยป" />

Pumpkin Pancakes

by Meghann on December 27, 2008

I was so excited to have the chance to sleep in this morning. For the first time in a while I did not have one alarm set, I had the luxury of no set plans until noon, and Abbie was sleeping in my parent’s room, which meant they had the honor of letting her out in the morning.

I went to bed around 11:00 and fell right asleep. I woke up after a blissful night of sleep assuming I had slept and slept for well over 10 hours, I then rolled over to see the clock read 7:00. Damn. I rolled back over and closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep, but it was no use. My body was already awake and there was nothing I could do to reverse that.

When did I stop being able to sleep in? Is that something we just grow out of? I don’t know what it is but I have no been able to sleep past 8:00am since who knows when. Oh well, at least I make the most of my day this way.

My Dad and I were looking forward to waffles this morning, that plan was quickly aborted when we discovered the waffle maker was broken and beyond repair. I wish I would have known about this a couple of days earlier, a new waffle iron would have made the perfect christmas present. Oh well, I’m sure my Dad will enjoy the flavor fettuchini noodles I got him just the same.

With no waffles, I went to plan B: Pancakes.

CIMG4973.JPG

I made Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes. I used Aunt Jemiah Whole Wheat Mix, but instead of egg or oil I substituted pumpkin and cinnamon.

CIMG4974.JPG

I topped the pancakes with Cinnamon Apples & Real Maple Syrup. They were of course delicious, even though I’m sure the waffle version would have been that much better.

I have a few Christmas items to return this morning, I’m hoping the day after christmas rush has did down a bit. Then I am meeting Caitlin and Kathryn at the park for a little Post-Holiday Boot Camp Work Out. It should be another great day. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 VeggieGirl December 27, 2008 at 10:28 am

Yep, the body gets used to a timeframe of sleeping usually, so you’re pretty set to wake up when you always do ๐Ÿ˜‰

SCRUMPTIOUS PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!! And hell yes for REAL maple syrup – none of that fake crap.

Have fun with Caitlin and Kathryn!!

2 ksgoodeats December 27, 2008 at 10:41 am

I have lost the ability to sleep in too ๐Ÿ™ it’s tragic really!

Have fun with Caitlin and Kathryn!!

3 gina (fitnessista) December 27, 2008 at 11:06 am

the pumpkin pancakes look delicious! hope you have a fun day ๐Ÿ˜€

4 Melissa S. December 27, 2008 at 11:10 am

yep, i think we grow out of it. it isn’t very often i sleep past 7 or 7.30…only if maybe i’ve gone to bed at like, 4am…but even then. haha.

have fun at your workout w/ the girls! i plan on doing something similar today too!

5 Amy December 27, 2008 at 11:39 am

Ooh breakfast looks sensational! I have been hoping to use this Pumpkin pancake/waffle mix I bought at target over Thanksgiving & you definitely motivated me to do so ๐Ÿ™‚ Sounds like a super fun workout later on…great way to socialize yet exercise! Have a good time.

6 Heather Eats Almond Butter December 27, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Your pancakes look awesome with that apple topping. Definitely just as good as the waffles I’m sure!

I can’t sleep in anymore either. I do think we lose the ability with age ๐Ÿ™

7 eatingbender December 27, 2008 at 12:59 pm

I definitely can’t sleep in as late as I used to, unless the room is completely dark.

Those pancakes look amazing – have fun with Caitlin and Kathryn!

8 Sharon December 27, 2008 at 1:00 pm

i used to not be able to sleep in anymore, but after several nights of…. going to bed at 3am, well… your body just automatically screams for sleeping in. *Not recommended* =)

9 Sara December 27, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Isn’t it sad how we lose our ability to sleep in? I always wondered why my parents woke up so early…but know I’m the one waking up at 7am, on my own! ๐Ÿ™‚ Your pancakes looks great.

10 Raspberry Runner December 27, 2008 at 4:13 pm

Its official. I know what I am having for breakfast tomorrow…those pancakes look incredible! I have whole wheat pancake mix and pumpkin and apples. Thanks for the idea!

11 Biz December 27, 2008 at 4:56 pm

Love those pancakes! I am not sure about the sleeping in part – I am 40 and given the chance I can still sleep until 10:00!

Hope you had a fun day!

12 Dori December 27, 2008 at 7:00 pm

Your pancakes look like the most delicious breakfast ever – I am salivating just looking at them! And I think pancakes are better than waffles anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

13 HangryPants December 27, 2008 at 10:26 pm

I think our bodies just get in the early moring wake up routine. I am sure you?like me, went to bed very very late in college!

Have fun with Caitline tonight. Love her blue veil.