Florida Hiking

by Meghann on December 26, 2008

It has been another jam packed today. We left the house this morning before 11 and did not return until after 9:00. We hiked, we shopped, we ate.. a good time was had by all.

My Dad, Aunt, Twin Bro and I started this morning at the Little Big Econ Trail.

CIMG4952.JPG

The Little Big Econ Trail runs along the Econlockhatchee River. It took about two hours for us to do the 4 mile loop. We took our time and enjoyed our views along the river.

CIMG4956.JPG

CIMG4957.JPG

Even though the trail was not very strenuous, I still managed to build up quite an appetite along the way, luckily my Dad had packed plenty of snacks for us to fuel us up along the way.

I started with a tangerine

CIMG4960.JPG

An Oatmeal Cookie

CIMG4964.JPG

And a Carrot

CIMG4965.JPG

Naturally, you can not visit a water source in Florida with out making a few friends.

CIMG4963.JPG

This Mama Gator was sunbathing with her two baby Gators on the bank across from where we were hiking.

And we met the Daddy Gator a little while later.

CIMG4966.JPG

After hiking we ate lunch at Macaroni Grill, unfortunately my camera had died at the end of the trail. I did order the Lunch Duo: Garden Salad with the dressing on the side and the Margarita Pizza. I love ordering lunch combos, it was the perfect portion of food and very filling.

Lunch lead to the mall, which lead to some cardio shopping. Got to burn off all of those holiday treats somehow. πŸ˜‰

While at the mall we also saw Marley & Me. Which was hands down the cutest movie ever. I laughed, I cried, I fell in love with Marley. If you are any sort of a Dog lover I would highly suggest watching this, just remember to pack some tissues, its a tearjerker.

We got home late and decided to just go to our favorite hole in the wall restaurant for dinner.

I ordered the Blackened Scallops with double Veggies on the side instead of pasta.

CIMG4967.JPG

I shared a couple of the scallops and ditched the tarter sauce, but ate everything else on the plate.

When we got home I stole some Peppermint Fudge for dessert.

CIMG4971.JPG

This is my first chance I’ve had all day to just sit and relax. It feels nice. I’m heading back to Orlando tomorrow, so I am going to enjoy the family time while I can. Good night everyone!

1 Bridget December 26, 2008 at 9:46 pm

Um I don’t know what I would do if I saw a GATOR!!!! OMG!! Do they just stay there?? Eeekk! Other than that…looks like a lovely hike, I love hiking!! So jealous you’re in a tank top…I’m so done with winter!

2 VeggieGirl December 26, 2008 at 9:46 pm

Such a picturesque scenery on your hike!!

Mmm, fudge.

Have a relaxing evening and a safe trip back to Orlando tomorrow!!

3 Megan December 26, 2008 at 10:10 pm

What an amazing fun packed day! That peppermint fudge looks delicious!

4 biz319 December 26, 2008 at 10:11 pm

Wow, what a great day! Those scallops look amazing.

Drive safe tomorrow!

5 eatingbender December 26, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Sounds like a great hike! My dad used to travel to Florida a lot and whenever we went with him we were guaranteed to see gators at some point – I’m very scared of them!

That peppermint fudge…YUM. And I really want to see Marley & Me. Hopefully we will go this weekend!

Goodnight!

6 Melissa S. December 26, 2008 at 10:24 pm

What a great hike! And GATORS?! It still hasn’t hit me that I’m going to be around them all the time with my new job…heh…i think i need to start being scared!

love the eats, the margarita pizza sounds yummy.

and yay for marley and me! I’m going to see it tomorrow w/ the brohams…i’m wondering if it’s going to be as good as the book though…that def had me in TEARS though! πŸ˜€

have a relaxing evening and safe trip home!

7 Amy December 26, 2008 at 10:33 pm

Looks like a freakin’ fabulous day! Full of exercise, family, shopping, movies, and food. Perfect if you ask me πŸ™‚ I love the peppermint fudge…oh man, it looks so delicious. Have a safe trip Meghann and enjoy the rest of your family time. Give Abbie a kiss for me, too!

8 theplatedecorator December 27, 2008 at 12:14 am

I love hikes! and that peppermint fudge looks so tasty! how fun!
C

9 Heather Eats Almond Butter December 27, 2008 at 12:14 am

There is that fudge again – looks and sounds so good!

So cool that your family took a hike together. I love that, and I love scallops – yum! Glad you enjoyed your time at home.

10 Sharon December 27, 2008 at 12:27 am

Wow, what an awesome day! Glad you had an awesome time!

11 runningwithfood December 27, 2008 at 7:43 am

Ahh! I love hiking! Sounds like a fabulous way to spend the day!

Those scallops look great! YUM!

12 HangryPants December 27, 2008 at 8:40 am

The hike looks like a lot of fun. Nothing like being active outside to get back on the health track after Christmas!

13 Erica December 27, 2008 at 9:32 am

Hiking- how fun. I haven’t gone in forever! What do you guys put on your scallops? And how long do you bake them for? I have only made baked scallops once and wasn’t thrilled with them.

14 Meghann December 29, 2008 at 7:28 am

Hey Erica – THe Scallops were actually from a local italian resteraunt. I have no idea how to cook scallops or at least I’ve never tried…lol

15 inmytummy December 27, 2008 at 9:39 am

I made the mistake of reading Marley and Me on an airplane. I was sobbing while trying to hid my face from the person next to me! I must have looked like a fool.

16 Kristie Lynn December 27, 2008 at 11:42 am

I loved Marley and Me!!! (And I’m not even a dog-lover.) But yeah, the movie theater was definitely full of people crying (including me). πŸ™‚

17 fitforfree December 27, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Ahhh those gators would freak me out!!! I went on a hoverboat tour of the everglades once and we saw a bunch ….

18 Ann December 29, 2008 at 7:34 pm

I saw Marley & me on Friday and I absolutely bawled my eyes out in the theatre. I didn’t even care. It was such a wonderful movie though, I absolutely loved it.

19 Mint January 20, 2009 at 6:56 am

Please comeback to visit my blog too : http://camping-hiking-backpacks.blogspot.com/

I’m sorry , If you think this is spam. but may i thank you again.

Bye