The End of Christmas 2008

by Meghann on December 25, 2008

Another Christmas day has come to an end. Each year it seems like Dec. 25 comes and goes more and more quickly, its best to savor every minute of it we can. πŸ™‚

Last night’s large family celebration focused around ties with my Dad’s side of the family, today we spent time with my Mom’s side.

We met for a big Christmas lunch at my Uncle’s house and proceeded to open more presents. πŸ™‚

My Mom and her Twin Sister got each other the same pajamas!

CIMG4920.JPG

My Little Cousin Cole got his first Big Boy Bike!

CIMG4912.JPG

I made out with a nice heap of Cash, a Best Buy gift card and some nice winter work out clothes (my Aunt reads my blog and knows my lack there of πŸ˜‰ )

My Aunt set out a beautiful display of lunch food and treats

CIMG4927.JPG

I filled my plate with as best I could, but the table was definitely lacking veggies. I actually got in a little debate with one of my Uncles on how heavy whipping cream is just as bad to use in cooking as butter… I also told him even though his Mayo, Butter and favorite cooking grease is made of Olive Oil, that doesn’t make those items any much better for you in excess.

CIMG4925.JPG

I have definitely been indulging in treats this week, but they’re just so many good options I can’t help it. After I ate my lunch I had two chocolate covered strawberries, a peanut butter ball (not as good as my Mom’s) and a piece of fudge.

CIMG4926.JPG

After lunch we came back home and we’re very lazy. I even managed a Christmas nap!

I did get a chance to take the dogs on a walk and test out my new Garmin. I kept having problems with it reading my actual heart rate. It would read it when I went to adjust it, but then would lose the signal after a couple of minutes. I wet the sensor when I put it on and periodically on the walk, but it didn’t make that much of a difference. Does anyone else have any suggestions with the problem?

Dinner consisted of easy left overs from last night

CIMG4928.JPG

I had a Rye Roll, Green Beans, Ribs (from the pig) w/ BBQ Sauce, and Cheese & Crackers. There is actually a ton of Pig left, I have a feeling that’s going to be a staple in my family’s diet for the next week or so.

Of course more dessert. There’s just so much yummy options in my parent’s fridge, I can’t help myself! All I can say is thank god I’m going home on Saturday and none of the dessert is following me there.:)

CIMG4929.JPG

I had a piece of Peppermint Fudge (YUM!), Congo Bar, and one of my cousin’s famous Oatmeal cookies. These cookies are to die for! Unfortunately they are not healthy at all. Fresh out of the oven he puts a slab of butter on each cookie and just lets them melt in. Like I said they are evil, yet amazing at the same time. A once a year treat for sure!

After dinner we hopped in the car and drove around to check out Christmas Lights!

My favorite is always my parent’s lights πŸ™‚

CIMG4846.JPG

My Uncle Jerry (Andrea’s Dad!!) always goes over the top with his Christmas lights. When we stopped by to say Hi, the street was lined with cars and strangers stopping by to take pictures of the house. His house is famous around the town and gets tons of attention. I photographed what I could, but it truly is a 360 degree experience that you have to see in person to truly understand how great it is.

CIMG4932.JPG

CIMG4934.JPG

CIMG4933.JPG

CIMG4936.JPG

CIMG4937.JPG

What a busy day!! Now I am enjoying a nice cup of hot Black Tea and watching some Girls Next Door on DVD. DId you know that on the DVD versions of the shows they don’t blur out any of the naughty parts? My Dad asked for all of the seasons for christmas for that specific reason…lol…I have to say it is more interesting watching the show this way.

I hope everyone had a Happy and Healthy Christmas with their loved ones. Now its time to prepare for the end of 2008 as we embark on another fabulous year full of new life discoveries!

Have a great night everyone!!

1 VeggieGirl December 25, 2008 at 9:35 pm

Christmas definitely came and went quickly this year – glad to see that you enjoyed yours to the fullest!!

2 Mel December 25, 2008 at 9:41 pm

I totally agree with you about Christmas going by so fast! Looks like you had a great time with family.

Your uncle’s Christmas lights look amazing, just from the pics I totally understand why he gets strangers stopping!

3 jenngirl December 25, 2008 at 9:42 pm

What a wonderful Christmas! I think it’s so amazing that you are getting so much quality time with your family, and you are definitely enjoying the treats that come with the holidays in a smart, healthy way. Something to be admired πŸ™‚

Love the Christmas lights, what a glorious way to end the day! Merry Christmas, Meghann!

4 Megan December 25, 2008 at 9:54 pm

Merry Christmas Meghann!

5 biz319 December 25, 2008 at 10:01 pm

What a great day of good eats and family! I love driving around neighborhoods and looking at lights – your Uncle out did himself!

merry Christmas Meghann!

6 Amy December 25, 2008 at 10:03 pm

It looks like you had a fabulous Christmas! Your family is so festive and into it–its great!! Love the light displays, so wild. We have a “famous” house near us that does that, too.

Glad you had a great Holiday!

7 caitlin December 25, 2008 at 10:48 pm

i know what is wrong with your garmin!!! you need to tighten the chest strap. i had to jimmy rig my polar so it was smaller and tigher than it came, and then it would consisting read my HR. plus, it can’t ride up on top of your sports bra.

love you!

wanna see twilight again on saturday with me and michelle??

8 Heather Eats Almond Butter December 25, 2008 at 11:52 pm

OK, I must have the recipe for your uncle’s peppermint fudge. That beautiful square of pinkness is just calling my name!

Glad you had a wonderful holiday with the family. Your parent’s house looks beautiful. Merry Christmas πŸ™‚

9 Melissa S. December 25, 2008 at 11:54 pm

what a wonderful christmas!!! i’m glad you had such a good time with your family!

love the christmas lights too!

10 Sharon December 26, 2008 at 12:06 am

Wow, those Christmas lights are amazing!!!

11 sweetandnatural December 26, 2008 at 12:59 am

Merry Christmas Meghann!

12 eatingbender December 26, 2008 at 1:16 am

Those Christmas lights are so pretty! I’m glad you had such a nice time – Merry Christmas one last time πŸ™‚ It’s always over so fast, isn’t it?!

13 Cassidy December 26, 2008 at 8:20 am

I got a HRM too. Mine needs to be damp and right under your boobs. I put it right above my sports bra strap (which holds in place nicely) and the sensor part in that hole below your breast bone.

14 ksgoodeats December 26, 2008 at 9:30 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS MEGHANN!!!

I’m just catching up and I have to say you’ve got some hot jammies πŸ˜‰ Everything looks amazing!

15 Holly December 26, 2008 at 9:37 am

Hey lady- I have something that will solve all of your HRM strap problems!! (I feel like an infomercial right now-haha) I got a NuMetrex sports bra a couple of months ago that has the monitor built in (it snaps out for washing) so the whole strap thing is totally eliminated. It’s pretty great, here’s the Web site:

Looks like a fantastic Christmas all around :o) I went waaay overboard with the holiday sweets, but t’is the season, right?

16 Meghann December 26, 2008 at 10:02 am

Thanks Holly! I will need to look into that!

17 Andrea [bella eats] December 27, 2008 at 3:49 pm

Meg!!! You spoiled my Christmas Lights post!!! πŸ™‚ Just kidding, I’m slow. Glad you guys had a great Christmas! I wish we could have caught up…we were only in T’ville for the day. What a whirlwind! πŸ™‚

18 Caitlin December 27, 2008 at 6:16 pm

lol at the GND observation! I noticed that as well! so funny