more ยป" />

Christmas Eve Celebration

by Meghann on December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas from my family to yours ๐Ÿ™‚

CIMG4877.JPG

From Left to Right: Josh (Twin Bro), Abbie, Me, Cathy (Mommy), Ben (Little Bro), Scooby, Kelly (Little Sis), John (Daddy)

It has been a crazy night in my parents house! I caught up with family and friends, ate a ton, and got some fun new goodies in the process. It officially feels like Christmas ๐Ÿ™‚

Before everyone came over I had one of m parent’s Harry & David Pears. It was soooo juicy. My Grandma sends a batch to my parents every year and they saved one for me.

CIMG4810.JPG

Around 5:00 the pig was done and people were starting to arrive for the festivities.

CIMG4812.JPG

I enjoyed a Full Moon while outside watching the pig with the family.

CIMG4820.JPG

It was actually quite an event to get the pig off the roaster, when they started carving there was a whole crowd willing to help and pick at the cuttings. Granted it was mostly men outside, most of my other cousins preferred not to see the head of their meal.

CIMG4832.JPG

We had two tables over flowing with food inside. I took these pictures on the early side of the night so this is just a sneak of what we actually had in the end.

CIMG4838.JPG CIMG4839.JPG

I loaded up on a sampling of appetizers. Putting the items on the plate prevented me from standing around just randmonly picking at all of the good eats.

CIMG4816.JPG

I had a mini quiche, pig in a blanket and a bacon wrapped chicken.

My house got very, very crowded through the course of the evening, it got hard to walk around as people were jammed pack talking mainly in the kitchen while the food was being prepared. The bar was another popular spot (I can’t imagine why ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

When it was time to eat we all gathered around and headed for the buffet. I showed you the tables set up in my earlier post, here’s what they look like filled out.

CIMG4857.JPG

There are 56 chairs there and nearly all of them were filled. I am truly luck to be part of such a large close knit family!

I tried not to go overboard on my dinner plate, but there was so many yummy choices I had to grab a little bit of everything. Its amazing how those little tastings of everything add up after a while.

CIMG4848.JPG

All I can say is I’m glad I ran those 11 miles this morning because I pretty much cleaned my plate off, everything was very good.

And of course I had to try some desserts.CIMG4858.JPG

I have to say my favorite was the peppermint fudge my uncle made! Though I was stuffed to the gills I had to go back for a second piece.

Since my family is so large, we do a yankee gift exchange that always results in a good time. I did have a Victoria Secret Gift card, but was traded with some Bath & Body Works goodies.

THe best part of the evening is actually watching the little kids open presents. They are so cute as they jump up and down, wanting to play with all of their new toys immediately.

CIMG4868.JPG CIMG4869.JPG

After presents everyone filed out pretty quickly and the clean up began. The evening was undoubtedly another wonderful family success. ๐Ÿ™‚

——–

We have a tradition each year that my Mom gives my Sister and I pajamas to wear to open Christmas presents in on Saturday morning.

CIMG4814.JPG

Aren’t we cute in ours?

Even though its way to hot to be practical in wearing the pjs I still have them on as I blog and prepare for bed. I can’t wait to see what Santa brings me in the morning! I promise I’ve been a good girl ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good night Everyone! Have a Very Merry Christmas!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Emily December 24, 2008 at 10:49 pm

oh my goodness those pjs are too cute!! haha…i think my sisters and I need to start that too.

2 Amy December 24, 2008 at 10:54 pm

Such a nice Christmas eve for you and your very large family ๐Ÿ™‚ Looks like you had a great time, and I think that shirt you bought looks fabulous! You are so gorgeous.

Love the PJs! And the peppermint fudge ๐Ÿ˜‰ My mom, sister, and I wear black PJ pants with white dogs on them, since we have a westie ๐Ÿ™‚ Merry Christmas Meg!!!

3 biz319 December 24, 2008 at 11:01 pm

So glad that you had a nice night! Wish I could say the same for mine! ๐Ÿ™

4 VeggieGirl December 24, 2008 at 11:02 pm

Haha so lovely!! Fun PJs ๐Ÿ˜€

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

5 Jenny December 24, 2008 at 11:06 pm

I love your large family, it seems like such a fun time!

Glad you are in the midst of the Christmas celebration, love the pj’s, have a very merry Christmas tomorrow!

6 inmytummy December 24, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Looks like fun! Are you and your twin brother close?

7 eatingbender December 24, 2008 at 11:32 pm

The pajamas are great! I really loved reading about your big family celebration. My dad is the oldest of 10 kids, so we have quite a large brood on the side of the family ๐Ÿ™‚ Unfortunately, Arizona is not so close to Milwaukee as Minnesota once was (where I’m originally from). I miss the big gatherings!!

I hope you have a GREAT day tomorrow, Meghann! And that you find more of that peppermint fudge, because it looks so delicious!

8 Sharon December 24, 2008 at 11:59 pm

LOVE THE PJS!!!
Merry Christmas!

9 Kristie December 25, 2008 at 12:11 am

That is the most awesome gigantic family christmas eve celebration ever. Geez, I wish I was part of your family! Sounds and looks like so much fun.

I’d have gone back for the peppermint fudge too, without a doubt. Great looking eats!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! (Hot looking pjs ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

10 Maggie December 25, 2008 at 12:46 am

Merry Christmas! I love those pears ๐Ÿ™‚

11 HangryPants December 25, 2008 at 12:59 am

We have the same pajama tradition!

12 ttfn300 December 25, 2008 at 7:21 am

Scooby was intently eye-ing that pig ๐Ÿ™‚ hehe! What a wonderful time!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

13 Bridget December 25, 2008 at 8:35 am

My parents always gave me Christmas PJ’s too!! It was the one present I was allowed to open on Christmas eve. Unfortunately the last few years no pjs for me ๐Ÿ™ haha probably because my mom thinks I Have to many.

Such a great big family! My mom is one of nine so we have a huge get together too, but its not like a sit down dinner…I don’t know where everyone would sit!?
Merry Christmas!!!!

14 Kristina December 25, 2008 at 9:59 am

You’re pj’s are so cute! Merry Christmas!

15 caitlin December 25, 2008 at 10:24 am

hahah hot pjs! merry christmas!

16 Laura December 25, 2008 at 10:29 am

I can’t get over how big your family is! I love your pjs! I think Christmas traditions are so important. ๐Ÿ™‚

Merry Christmas!

17 Sara December 25, 2008 at 10:41 am

Your feast looks amazing! Love the PJs! Merry Christmas.

18 Elina December 25, 2008 at 5:19 pm

Haha, nice pjs ๐Ÿ˜‰
Looks like a fun night. Merry Christmas!!

19 Kenley December 25, 2008 at 6:04 pm

Thats so sad that people have to do that to a pig ๐Ÿ™ Pigs are one of the smartest animals. I don’t see how people can love a dog but eat a piglike that – when pigs are much smarter than dogs, feel pain, cry when their mothers get killed and used for food, and have been proven to feel empathy for other animals.
Not trying to offend anyone, but animal torture and eating meat is not necessary and is actually very environmentally harmful in the big perspective of things.

20 Justy2003 December 25, 2008 at 9:26 pm

Looks like a fun, busy Christmas!
We have a tradition of always opening a pair of PJ’s Christmas Eve, too! Then we open the rest of the presents in the morning. We’ve been doing it for as long as I can remember!