The Day Before The Day Before Christmas

by Meghann on December 23, 2008

Only a few more hours of work and I am home free for the holidays!! Yippeee!!!

All of my siblings are already home and when they’re all home and I’m not I feel like I’m missing out on so much. At least I’m less then an hour away this year. The past few years I lived four hours away from my parents and it was painful to make that long drive in holiday traffic. Another BIG reason why I moved to Orlando.

I have decided to to run the same 11 mile loop I ran for Thanksgiving on Christmas Eve. I have not ran anything over 6 miles since my Half Marathon two weeks ago, but I think my body can handle it. Luckily along the way there are several options to shorten the loop, so if my body is screaming at me I can easily cut the run a little shorter distance if need be. Does anyone else have any big running plans over Christmas?

With that in mind I stepped up my running mileage a little bit today and ran 6.15 miles. It was a fairly easy run, that left me with enough energy that I believe I will have no problem running the 11 miles tomorrow morning.

Breakfast was pretty much the same as yesterday, only I had Kashi H2H instead of the Kashi Mighty Kids. 🙂

CIMG4757

That was the last of my Kashi H2H, fruit salad and granola. I felt like I cleared out a good amount of space in my kitchen in one lovely meal.

Now it’s time to stare at the clock all day waiting for the minutes to click by. I’m so excited Christmas is almost here! Yayy!!!

1 Julz December 23, 2008 at 9:01 am

I cant tell you how jealous i am that you can run outside EVERY SINGLE DAY!! Its 20-something degrees and ICY here! If i want to run, it’s on the treadmill! 🙁 Hamster on her lil Hamster Wheel!

Anyways, HOORAY FOR YOUR LAST DAY OF WORK MEGS!!! HOLLA GIRL <3

2 Erica December 23, 2008 at 9:03 am

Hey! Your running plans sound great. I am bringing gym clothes to Josh’s parents house and I think we’re going to go to the gym a few times while we’re there and I may run outside too!

How is your office today? Mine is even quieter. I think there are like 7 or 8 people here!

Drive safe this afternoon! I have to teach tonight and bake and then we will head out tomorrow am

3 Megan December 23, 2008 at 9:05 am

I am so ready to be done with work today too! Have a safe trip home. I am not a runner, but I will be working out more!

4 Lindsay December 23, 2008 at 9:09 am

yay for it being the eve of christmas eve 🙂

have a great day!!! hope it goes by fast!

5 caitlin December 23, 2008 at 9:18 am

hey girl! hope you are well! we played phone tag last night, sorry! i was super busy with wedding bs.

i’m actually going to do a trialthon at the gym tonight 🙂 i dunno why, i just feel like doing it

6 Biz December 23, 2008 at 9:18 am

Hope your day goes by fast. Too much snow for me to get downtown to visit my hubby – but at least I can catch up on my blog reading! I talked to him this morning and he sounds good!

Hope you have a safe trip to your parents house!

Merry Christmas!

7 VeggieGirl December 23, 2008 at 9:24 am

Merry Christmas Eve-Eve!! 😉 And hooray for being closer to family.

8 Hangry Pants December 23, 2008 at 9:29 am

I am so excited too. Unfortunately, my brother and sister (the ones who are not married with their own kids) won’t be here until Christmas Eve!

9 ksgoodeats December 23, 2008 at 9:38 am

Your breakfasts always look so sunny 🙂

YAY for the holidays!!

10 fitforfree December 23, 2008 at 9:40 am

You’re a rockstar for doing a 11-mile run! I might go for a 3-miler tomorrow 🙂

11 Laura December 23, 2008 at 10:18 am

I can still see your site. 🙂

I am not a runner now, but I plan on starting the Couch to 5k program soon.

12 caitlin December 23, 2008 at 10:22 am

i think we will be home around 3 PM. we are going to go see four christmases around lunchtime, i’ll let you know when i think we’ll be home!!

13 Melissa S. December 23, 2008 at 10:34 am

i was thinking about doing a longer run on christmas day but we’re supposed to have some nasty rain…if not, i plan on doing it the day afterwards. i was thinking 8-9 miles. but we’ll see.

14 Bridget December 23, 2008 at 11:21 am

I may try to get in a run on Christmas day, since it’s supposed to be maybe 40 degrees…and sunny. That could be tolerable.

Megann! You should definintely get the Christmas turkey carcas and make soup! It’s soooo easy, you just need a huge pot. I would of even let my stock (the bones, carrots, celery, onion, bay leaves) cook for longer if I had the time. Sometimes the meat just comes off the bone if cooked long enough. Another thing about soup, make sure you add enough salt! You may feel like your adding a ton, but its such a large amount that you need it…so taste frequently 🙂 The fun part is adding whatever you want to it!

15 Missy (MISSY MAINTAINS) December 23, 2008 at 11:57 am

Yay for vacation! I have 5 hours left till mine 🙂 The office is empty!! I am counting down the hours! Have a nice holiday!

16 bobbi December 23, 2008 at 12:34 pm

I so want to do the 11 miles with you tomorrow. I havent ran sence last Friday, so I need a good run in. But I feel like I am getting sick and I don’t know how well my body woud be able to handle it. Either way I will try and run something:)

17 Andrea (Off Her Cork) December 23, 2008 at 12:40 pm

My hubs is calling it Christmas Eve Eve. LOL! I’m running on christmas morning! Hooray! So far no one has joined me on this venture though. 😉

18 caitlin December 23, 2008 at 12:48 pm

hey if you wanna stop by on your way home, i have gingerbread men for you! 🙂 they are sexy,smart, and single.

around 3 sounds good – let me know if this still stands!

19 Rhodey December 23, 2008 at 1:11 pm

yay you’re almost done!!!!

i have no big running plans tomorrow, except run around the kitchen, and then to run back and forth between dessert and dinner tables to eat everything hahahah

20 eatingbender December 23, 2008 at 1:26 pm

I didn’t have any big running plans for Christmas, but your plan for an 11 mile run is inspiring me to at least do something. Our gym will be closed so there’s no reason not to! I probably won’t make it for 11 miles – but maybe 3 or 4 🙂

I love meals that clean out the kitchen cabinets/fridge before a big trip. Something about having an empty kitchen to come home to makes me so excited because it means a big trip to the grocery store! Haha, I’m such a food nerd.

Have an amazing time at home!