Anyone else out there?

by Meghann on December 22, 2008

Does anyone else have to work today? πŸ™

My office is empty and it only took me 5 minutes to get to work this morning, compared to the usual 15 I have to endure thanks to rush hour traffic. It appears everyone else has started their holiday vacation besides me. *Sniff*Sniff

I could have very easily requested today and tomorrow off, but I am trying to be a responsible adult and save my PTO for times when I absolutely need to use it. Like when I go skiing in February πŸ˜‰ So even though I am the only person in a cubicle on my side of the building, I will have to grin and bare it and remember its still only a 2 day work week! πŸ™‚

Despite my misgivings on coming to work when I knew no one else would be in, I had no problems rising for my early morning run. After yesterday’s indulgences I was ready to crank a great one out. In fact my body was dying to go on a run yesterday, but it was much too late by the time I got home.

I ran my favorite 5 mile loop and felt so much better. I even picked up my pace on the last stretch, just to push myself that much more. I also used the run to clear my head a little bit more. I discovered some not so happy news last night and the run was the perfect cure to remind myself to just breathe and let it all out. Though not completely cured (and I’m sure I never will be) I feel much better now.

When I was deciding what to make for the Christmas Caravan yesterday, I knew I would need to make items that I would not mind having left overs in my fridge for. I knew I could eat the muffins as snacks or desserts and the granola and fruit salad would make great breakfast additions.

This morning I had 1/2 cup of Kashi Mighty Kids Cereal, 1/4 cup of Homemade Pumpkin Spice Granola, and some of the left over fruit salad.

CIMG4716

Having the leftovers worked out perfectly and there’s still enough to add to my breakfast tomorrow. In fact you will probably see me eating alot of fruit over the next two days so I can use it all up before I go home.

I guess I should starting doing some work now. I hope everyone who already has the week off are enjoying their downtime and anyone else who is stuck in the office like me, hang on!, we’ll have our time off very soon. πŸ™‚

1 zestycook December 22, 2008 at 8:35 am

Hey Meghann, I am working today but I am working from Home… your breakfast looks great!

zesty

2 Erica December 22, 2008 at 8:35 am

I’m at work too!! Our office is def quiet as well! We can keep each other company during this two day work week πŸ˜‰

3 Sammie December 22, 2008 at 8:41 am

I don’t have the day off either – mommy never has a day off πŸ™‚ Your breakfast looks super yum – I love all that beautiful fruit.
Try to have a great day – at least the week is short.

4 Amy December 22, 2008 at 8:42 am

Aww Im sorry you have to work these next two days, but at least you will be rewarded with Christmas the next day!! I know you’ll get through it πŸ™‚

Glad you got a great run in! It feels great to workout after a missed day, doesnt it? Love the breakfast!! Have a nice day girl πŸ™‚

5 Katy December 22, 2008 at 8:43 am

I’m working! Off Wednesday and Thursday, though, so working for the mid-week weekend!

6 Krista December 22, 2008 at 8:51 am

I’m at work, too Meghann…until Wednesday!! What makes it worse is that my hubby and kids are home! SIGH! The day will end!

7 Jenny December 22, 2008 at 8:52 am

Sorry you don’t have the day off, I only have a part time job so I don’t have work today, but I am working from 7:30-12:00 on Christmas Eve!

Hope you have a good day, enjoy that quiet office πŸ™‚

8 Amanda December 22, 2008 at 8:59 am

Ahh I am working today and tomorrow too – I feel like as a semi-newbie here I should just save my vacation time and work these 2 days!

I hope that everything is ok – it sounds like you had a lot to think about on your run today. Hang in there!

9 Emily December 22, 2008 at 9:13 am

aww im sorry you have to work! I have a part-time job at a clothing store in the mall, so im working ALL day up until christmas!!! it is a nightmare! haha

10 ksgoodeats December 22, 2008 at 9:16 am

Sorry to hear you have to work BUT your breakfast looks amazing!

11 VeggieGirl December 22, 2008 at 9:25 am

Hang in there with work today, Meghann!! Hope it flies by for ya.

12 Megan December 22, 2008 at 9:26 am

I am working too! It feels weird because I feel like I should be on vacation. We’ll hang in there together!

13 fitforfree December 22, 2008 at 9:49 am

This is my first time commentingβ€”I really enjoy your blog πŸ™‚

I’m at work too! The streets are empty today… I think everyone else has skipped town πŸ™‚ 48 hours to go!

14 bobbi December 22, 2008 at 10:12 am

I am not at work but I have a lot to get done!!! Have a happy Monday girl, and just think 2 days is nothing!

15 Katie December 22, 2008 at 10:15 am

First time commenting, but I’m with you on the whole only person at work thing. I’m SO unmotivated and yet I have to get work done (I work in college athletics and I leave on a road trip with the women’s basketball team right after Christmas so I have to get things ready for that). I have a feeling I will not be finding my motivation any time soon. Hang in there and hope the day goes by (relatively) quickly!

16 Danielle December 22, 2008 at 10:18 am

Aw girlie, sorry you’re the only one working! I guess you’re really earning your time off for the holidays :). Hang in there, hope it passes quickly!

17 EL December 22, 2008 at 10:28 am

I wish I had a 2 days work week. I am here for 4 days this week. It should be dead around here, so I plan on splitting my time between the gym and reading blogs.

18 Melissa S. December 22, 2008 at 10:30 am

No work for me because I finished my job on Friday! whoohoo!!!

And I’m glad your run made you feel better about the “news” you found out…I’m still trying to run out the frustration and emotion behind my findings…I think I’m still in shock. Too bad I won’t be out there before new years…we would TOTALLY hit the town up to help us feel better!!!

Only today and tomorrow then vaca!!! Keep your chin up babe!

19 carolinebee December 22, 2008 at 10:48 am

sorry about the bad news…but i’m glad the run helped- and maybe since no one is there, you can turn on some music and rock out or somethin πŸ˜€

20 Sara December 22, 2008 at 11:00 am

Unfortunately, I too am working today! Boooo! Oh well, at least there is nothing really to do and me and my 4 co-workers will be goofing off today. πŸ™‚

21 Erin December 22, 2008 at 11:44 am

I’m glad your run helped you deal with the bad news. I’m right there with you today girl. I’m the only one in the building! Creepy!

22 eatingbender December 22, 2008 at 11:50 am

I hope that the day will fly by for you!

I’m sorry to hear you had some bad news, but I’m glad to hear that the run helped! Your fruit salad leftovers look really good.

23 Alexia December 22, 2008 at 1:07 pm

I am at work too! I know it will be a slow time and a time to let myself get caught up. Whoo Hooo! Just remeber to only have 1 day left after today. Your friut looks to die for!

24 lauren December 22, 2008 at 1:32 pm

i am at work and even had a 9am custimer meeting today! UGHH. I am feeling sick, so while I had planned to work tomorrow – i may take off now!

25 Elina December 22, 2008 at 2:34 pm

I’m at work too, except I’m working all week (well except for Thursday). I still can’t decide whether I should take Friday off… like you said I’m trying to be a responsible adult and all, but it will surely be a ghost town in here πŸ˜€

Yummy yogurt parfait… they’re my fave!!

26 Melissa G December 22, 2008 at 3:10 pm

I’m working too, and will be every day this week, so I feel your pain! Note to self: Never work in a hospital again (they never close!) Have a great day Meghann πŸ™‚

27 Melissa (MISSY MAINTAINS) December 22, 2008 at 4:33 pm

I’m at work too and yes, no one is here! Tomorrow is my last day till vacation though!!

28 Erin December 22, 2008 at 6:23 pm

Hi, I just started reading your blog and I love it! I had to work today too, and it was CRAZY. And 4 degrees! But as you said, at least its just two days!

29 teenageveggiehead December 22, 2008 at 8:04 pm

im so sorry you had to work today!
yummy yogurt though πŸ™‚